• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'd like to go ahead and say that # of games =/= uber important.

Nintendo Wars may have a lot of titles, but it isn't really a well known title like Mario, Zelda, or even Fire Emblem.

However, I won't count out the possibility of a Nintendo Wars character. Sakurai is aiming to add a bunch of new characters, so it's possible.
I second this, the amount of games doesn't equal importance. Also...Booker Dewitt?! I thought you were dead! *Spoilers for Lost at Sea*

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Basically what I'm saying is the most iconic and most noted NW character (From what I have seen), and that it should be him that should be picked.
Though I won't complain if it's someone else, I have no true knowledge of the Nintendo Wars series. ;-;

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would probably compare Andy to Eliwood more then Marth, the protagonist introduced around the time the franchise received a notable "rebirth".

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Gryffin enters the fray!
View attachment 4849
Ok, here's my opinion. AND NO I AM NOT ROASTING THE NEW GUY!

Also, this a preference roster or a prediction?
Positives:
+Newcomers. A lot of rosters are having less newcomers. Mine has 11.
+Reasonable Size. There's rosters that have way too many characters. This one doesn't.
+Looks readable. Though I dunno why Fi isn't with the Zelda Cast....
Negatives:
-A few too many cuts and replacements. This roster cuts characters that are shoo-ins at the moment, like Ganondorf, Ike and the like.
-A few characters that have less of a chance than someone else from the same series. Like, Adeline or Fi has less of a chance than Bandana Dee, or say, Ghirahim over Ganondorf

Overall, it's okay. A few too many cuts is my only real negative, but overall, it's alright.
7/10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
....Andy is NOT the Marth of the Nintendo Wars series.

There have been COs before him in the series.
EDIT: Including none other than Samus.

So there you go, you already have your Wars rep.

Holy crap, that's awesome! Which game did that happen in? One of the international games?

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
Gryffin enters the fray!
My best prediction at reality. Not a dream team.

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf

Added:
Zelda/Shiek
Ghirahim
Fi
Wonder Red
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
Mii

I leaned towards including more female characters, for one because they're under-represented, and for two because I could see Sakurai realizing such as well and trying to make amends.

I'm torn on Ganon. I think of those I removed, he has the best chance of returning. Plus I love Ganny, so I hope so.

In my opinion, Wonder Red is practically a guaranteed character. As well as Mega MewTwo Y. Ghirahim also seems probably.
Not sure about ZSS, but I think she'll return.
Also not sure about Zelda/Sheik. I kind of suspect he'll want to use Skyward Sword Zelda, though he's using Twilight Princess Link again. But if he used Skyward Zelda, then he would have to make some sort of Skyward Sheik. Although it's possible he'll just split zelda and sheik entirely. Which would be fine.

You know what's awesome about Sakurai is that no matter what characters he chooses, they'll be awesome. He can take any character and make it perfect for Smash. Wario? The Villager? Wii Fit Trainer? They have almost no reference material and he made their Smash characters totally fit their personalities[/ATTACH]

Attachments

D

Deleted member

@Thekewlusername: No, in the original Famicom Wars.

She was the CO of Red Star (which you would probably know as Orange Star) for the 2nd Map, Donut Island (which may explain why she was rather fat :troll:).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Gryffin enters the fray!
View attachment 4849

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf

Added:
Zelda/Shiek
Ghirahim
Fi
Wonder Red
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
Mii

I leaned towards including more female characters, for one because they're under-represented, and for two because I could see Sakurai realizing such as well and trying to make amends.

I'm torn on Ganon. I think of those I removed, he has the best chance of returning. Plus I love Ganny, so I hope so.

In my opinion, Wonder Red is practically a guaranteed character. As well as Mega MewTwo Y. Ghirahim also seems probably.
Also not sure about Zelda/Sheik. I kind of suspect he'll want to use Skyward Sword Zelda, though he's using Twilight Princess Link again. But if he used Skyward Zelda, then he would have to make some sort of Skyward Sheik. Although it's possible he'll just split zelda and sheik entirely. Which would be fine.

You know what's awesome about Sakurai is that no matter what characters he chooses, they'll be awesome. He can take any character and make it perfect for Smash. Wario? The Villager? Wii Fit Trainer? They have almost no reference material and he made their Smash characters totally fit their personalities

Oh Dear God...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Gryffin enters the fray!

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf

Added:
Zelda/Shiek
Ghirahim
Fi
Wonder Red
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
Mii

You know what's awesome about Sakurai is that no matter what characters he chooses, they'll be awesome. He can take any character and make it perfect for Smash. Wario? The Villager? Wii Fit Trainer? They have almost no reference material and he made their Smash characters totally fit their personalities[/ATTACH]

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Gryffin enters the fray!
View attachment 4849
I presume you haven't been here in a while. In that case, welcome back!
So about the roster...
It's a little small. I mean, not much bigger than Brawl. Chances are it will be around 45-50, so just keep that in mind and go wild.
My complaints are some of the cuts and some of the additions.
Whoever you cut you seemed to replace with someone, which is understandable, but most understandable in franchises like Pokémon or Fire Emblem. Not all franchises need to have important characters from the past replaced with more recent characters. An example being Ghirahim, a one-shot villain, replacing Ganondorf, a clone, but the main villain of the franchise. The two are incomparable. Replacing Lucas with Paula is also very risky. I don't necessarily love Lucas, but he is a lot more important than Paula and represents the series outside of just Earthbound. Replacing Wolf with Krystal is also a huge no no that I learned about when I first got here. And as much as I want Anna, if ANYONE replaces Ike it will likely be Chrom. Although I think FE can warrant 3 characters. In that case, keep Ike and put in Chrom or Roy. Your choice. Lucario is a somewhat understandable cut, although Lucario has made himself relevant again through Pokémon X and Y, not to mention just being a very popular Pokémon in general.
On to new additions (that weren't mentioned before). Wonder Red is a little too recent, and comes from a brand new IP that hasn't had time to develop yet, or even BECOME a series. Adeline has only appeared in one (arguably 2) Kirby games, and doesn't really deserve to get in over say, Waddle Dee. Mewtwo I wholeheartedly agree with... But only putting in his Mega Evo would be a huge mistake. Put in normal Mewtwo and a Mega Evo Final Smash. And Sonic getting 2 characters is a really small chance, even if Knuckles would be amazing. Perhaps the most confusing of your additions is Fi. She has only appeared in Skyward Sword, similarly to Ghirahim, but in a less important role, serving as the Navi-type character this time around. You may as well put Navi in really, she's actually a lot more important than Fi.
My recommendations: Add a new DK character (the series is expanding), do a minimal cut roster of about 45-50 characters, and definitely rethink your new additions.
Wow that took a while, probably my longest post ever. Take it as a compliment, I spent all this time reviewing your roster!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gryffin enters the fray!

View attachment 4849

Well, there are a lot of things I could say about the roster, it's certainly far from perfect, but if nothing else the characters you've added in series you cut a character (Ghirahim, Fi, Anna, Paula, Krystal) are all pretty much inferior choices to the characters that have been cut. Or at least much less likely than the veteran in question.

And the fact that the majority of popular newcomers aren't present (Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Shulk, Isaac, Palutena, Takamaru, Mario newcomer, etc.) isn't a positive. Sure having all of them might be questionable, but adding a few from that pool wouldn't hurt.

Oh, and a 2nd Sonic character... no...

NEW GUY IS TERRIBLE AND HE SHOULD FEEL TERRIBLE.

2/10 WOULD NOT BANG.

WORST PONY.

RUINED FOREVER.

I wonder how many comments like this would exist if the like feature weren't a thing.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
View attachment 4851
wow have we stooped so low, that we are really talking about Reggie?
did something important happen that involves him, or what? (I didn't have internet till about an hour ago, so I'm left in the dark)
Reggie stated that if a certain petition reaches 100,000 signatures, Sakurai will actually consider Reggie.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
View attachment 4851
wow have we stooped so low, that we are really talking about Reggie?
did something important happen that involves him, or what? (I didn't have internet till about an hour ago, so I'm left in the dark)
It mostly deals with Reggie going to a video game conference thing on Spike and he's going to reveal something that's supposed to save the Wii U. There's a rumor going around that he will show his Mii as a character in the new Smash Bros. Stupid, I know

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
All I can say is, why Paula and Fi?
All of these respones are awesome. Thoroughly enjoying myself. And I mean that.

This is an actual prediction roster. Not a dream roster.

Paula because I think Lucas is similar enough to Ness that he could be removed. Also in the interest of my hypothesis about female inclusion.

Fi because in Skyward Sword, she dances on the lake or whatever for each legendary creature...or something (don't remember lol). But point being, her dance seems like an obvious basis for an entire move-set.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I guess my essay went unread because it got cut off last page.
I'm totally reposting it now.

Gryffin enters the fray!
View attachment 4849
I presume you haven't been here in a while. In that case, welcome back!
So about the roster...
It's a little small. I mean, not much bigger than Brawl. Chances are it will be around 45-50, so just keep that in mind and go wild.
My complaints are some of the cuts and some of the additions.
Whoever you cut you seemed to replace with someone, which is understandable, but most understandable in franchises like Pokémon or Fire Emblem. Not all franchises need to have important characters from the past replaced with more recent characters. An example being Ghirahim, a one-shot villain, replacing Ganondorf, a clone, but the main villain of the franchise. The two are incomparable. Replacing Lucas with Paula is also very risky. I don't necessarily love Lucas, but he is a lot more important than Paula and represents the series outside of just Earthbound. Replacing Wolf with Krystal is also a huge no no that I learned about when I first got here. And as much as I want Anna, if ANYONE replaces Ike it will likely be Chrom. Although I think FE can warrant 3 characters. In that case, keep Ike and put in Chrom or Roy. Your choice. Lucario is a somewhat understandable cut, although Lucario has made himself relevant again through Pokémon X and Y, not to mention just being a very popular Pokémon in general.
On to new additions (that weren't mentioned before). Wonder Red is a little too recent, and comes from a brand new IP that hasn't had time to develop yet, or even BECOME a series. Adeline has only appeared in one (arguably 2) Kirby games, and doesn't really deserve to get in over say, Waddle Dee. Mewtwo I wholeheartedly agree with... But only putting in his Mega Evo would be a huge mistake. Put in normal Mewtwo and a Mega Evo Final Smash. And Sonic getting 2 characters is a really small chance, even if Knuckles would be amazing. Perhaps the most confusing of your additions is Fi. She has only appeared in Skyward Sword, similarly to Ghirahim, but in a less important role, serving as the Navi-type character this time around. You may as well put Navi in really, she's actually a lot more important than Fi.
My recommendations: Add a new DK character (the series is expanding), do a minimal cut roster of about 45-50 characters, and definitely rethink your new additions.
Wow that took a while, probably my longest post ever. Take it as a compliment, I spent all this time reviewing your roster!
PS: I AM NOT PICKING ON YOU.
I am trying to be the nice guy here and give you constructive criticism without being harsh like these other guys. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Stop picking on the new guy. Makes me feel lucky actually, when I got here I got through easily...

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Reggie stated that if a certain petition reaches 100,000 signatures, Sakurai will actually consider Reggie.
. . .
. . .
was this another 4chan or another social media rumor, or is this a direct quote from sakurai him self, so source?
plus I don't see the purpose of it, was waste a valuable slot on reggie? he has his importance, but he is not a video game character

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Is there an actual good reason as to why Ike, Lucas, Lucario and Wolf are always predicted to be cut?
Because sharing similar special attacks is a sin against humanity and patterns say that Lucario is replaced by Magcargo and Ike is replaced by Amelia because both characters are recent shut up.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
. . .
. . .
was this another 4chan or another social media rumor, or is this a direct quote from sakurai him self, so source?
plus I don't see the purpose of it, was waste a valuable slot on reggie? he has his importance, but he is not a video game character
There was also a 4chan rumor too, saying that the Reggie Mii will be revealed at VGX. And no it wasn't stated by Sakurai.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gryffin enters the fray!

Removed:
Ike
Lucario
R.O.B.
Wolf
Lucas
Ganondorf

Added:
Zelda/Shiek
Ghirahim
Fi
Wonder Red
Adeline
Krystal
Mega MewTwo Y
Anna
Paula
'Nucks
Mii

Ganondorf's return is practically guaranteed. As a major Zelda character and the main villain of the franchise, and a fan favorite, there is no good reason to remove him.

Ghirahim has a very slim chance actually, since he was only appeared in one game that came out only a few years ago. And Fi doesn't have a chance at all.

Why do you think Wonder Red is guarnteed?

Adeleine hasn't appeared in ages, that, and along with Sakurai's paranoia about giving the Kirby franchises too many characters since he was the one who created it, Adeleine doesn't have a chance.

Knuckles is very unlikely. Any second character from one third party is already unlikely as is.

Also, Donkey Kong will most likely get at least one more character this time around, both Dixie and King K. Rool have good chances to get in.

I'm also surprised you didn't include any of the following: Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Palutena, and Little Mac.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
. . .
. . .
4Chan.

Because sharing similar special attacks is a sin against humanity and patterns say that Lucario is replaced by Magcargo and Ike is replaced by Amelia because both characters are recent shut up.
Totally a fantastic arguement, eh?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Go easy on him, he's new.

(well sort of. He seems to have been absent from the site for years)
I seriously cant believe I got through.
I made a lot of the mistakes new guy made: Krystal over Wolf, Ghirahim, lots of cuts...
I guess you all knew I was destined for greatness. :awesome:
But really, I got very lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom