• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So...who is expecting something related to Smash for the Saturday?
Is it 100% likely?
I'm not expecting anything Smash related this weekend. I'm actually keeping my expectations really low and expect Reggie to showcase gameplay footage of Cranky Kong as a playable character in Tropical Freeze just to save myself from disappointment.
However, Nintendo NEEDS to make an announcement where people will say "now I really want to buy a Wii U!" That announcement SHOULD be more X information, reveal a highly popular character in the west that is confirmed for SSB4 (Little Mac, Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool), showcase a new game in an existing franchise (like Zelda or Metroid), or reveal a new IP.
I know that Nintendo is gaining major success from the 3DS and they got a ton of sales thanks to the Wii, but I honestly get scared for their future at times.

D

Deleted member

More activity?

Well then it's time to POSE FOR T-

Wait, I've done that too much...

WALUIGI TI-

Nah, done that a lot too...

MOTHER****ING T-RE-

Nope, that's played out too.

Hmm.....
Allow me to think of something new, then I'll get back to you.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
More activity?

Well then it's time to POSE FOR T-

Wait, I've done that too much...

WALUIGI TI-

Nah, done that a lot too...

MOTHER****ING T-RE-

Nope, that's played out too.

Hmm.....
Allow me to think of something new, then I'll get back to you.
POSE FOR THE MOTHER****ING WALUIGI TIME!

Maybe?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
-King Hippo

-Reggie might actually be considered

-More Fire Emblem

I shall now explain how I generally react to this thread via this video. I'm the guy who opens the door.

D

Deleted member

I got it.

Instead of something new, there's something older I haven't used in quite some time....

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think it's highly plausible and ideal that Nintendo takes this opportunity to reveal something big.

However, as others have said, it may just end up being Cranky Kong getting revealed which would be an awful time to announce it. The console is getting nothing but bad publicity, and officially announcing something that has already been leaked for a week would probably draw some boos. At least from people not in the audience.

So it has been a while, what have I missed around here?

On top of that, which character do you think will be the next reveal? And do you think another trailer showing newcomers will happen soon?

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to laser swords, I would much rather see Saki, (which Sakurai, said was made for Smash Bros) rather than Shulk. Shulk is part of the Xeno series, and I have a theory that X might not be part of it. If true it is more likely to see an X protaginist over Shulk, plus it advertises the new game.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Thought I'd share a new roster of mine that I made going into VGX.

Seems pretty standard to me. Until I saw Reggii that is. Does he represent all Mii or is he just Reggii?

Lip over Takamaru? Yes please.

Isaac AND Shulk? That's fairly uncommon. I quite like it.

A few twists to make it interesting. Overall it stands up well, I'd just of liked one more uncommonly suggested newcomer to make it really nice.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
This week's screenshots are pretty cool.
I think Sakurai is showing Villager's moveset because he will show us a newcomer soon,I think he wants to show everything about the old newcomers (Megaman,Villager,WFT) before the reveal of other newcomer.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Even more soul-withering than the idea of Reggie being added are the people in the comments defending his inclusion with no hint of irony whatsoever. So many of them keep on repeating, "Waaah, you're being close-minded by not wanting this unfunny one-note joke character, it's just for fun and Wii Fit Trainer exists so why not???"

Every time I think I see something illogical on a reputable Smash site, I take pause for a moment and recognize that, whatever it is, it's probably a whole lot more logical than what 90% of the fanbase is saying elsewhere. A guy linked Shokio's video to a portion of the comments discussing Ridley, for crying out loud.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Meh they really like Reggie, don't expect them to be real logical about any character, they simply just want it to happen. Though it's kinda of a bad excuse to add him because durr WFT, maybe they are just simply saying they want more joke characters in the game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You get the sense that these people are like those kids in middle school who think they're cool by trying to flip off the camera the moment before their class picture is taken. Like, "oh, look at me, I'm making a big splash," only in this case, that big splash (in their minds) would be getting Nintendo to include what they know, deep down, to be an unimportant meme to a Nintendo mascot fighter because of their stupid petitions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah in reality Reggie memes will probably be burned down throughout the next 50 years, Reggie is pretty insignificant to Nintendo as a whole. Though it would be funny if Reggie was passed down for generations to come like Reggie Jr. and Reggie the first. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I'm neutral ground with the idea of Reggie. I'd rather he not be in the game, but if he is, I'm not going to cry foul about it.
There have been worse suggestions, and at least Reggie has something to do with Nintendo in comparison.

That being said, at most we'd get Reggie in (optional) Mii form.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Am I a bad person for wanting the default Mii character (provided you can bring in your own miis) to be Reggie? I mean, it would be better than the hitlers were gonna see.

Anyways, on the topic of VGX, it seems like we will get something smash related. Maybe not a fullblown newcomer, but as an example, they show off the new Zelda Wii U. Perfect time to announce the return of Zelda or Ganondorf.

Considering how Reggie said (loosely quoted) "a new look at an upcoming Wii U title" implies that its a game we know little about, and it may or may not be something we have seen. It is also coming out in a reasonably small amount of time. This narrows it down to a few choices.

-DKC:TF, possibly revealing Kranky. The problem with this is that VGX is typically for your "dude-bro" gamer, and they are uninterested in DK games. Theyre about shooter s and violence for the most part.
-"X", a little more in the stream of what might appeal to the crowd. We also know very little about it.
-Bayonetta 2, I think this is the safest bet, based on what other peolle are showing, and we know nextt to nothin about it.
-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, we know nothing about the title or even how the game would work, but it would be good to show off some swords and magic.
-Smash, we have a good chance to get something, because anything Nintendo related is smash related.
-Zelda Wii U, would absolutely steal the show, and considering Aonuma wanted to show it at E3 and Comic con but was unable to, this would be a good time to reveal a little more.
-Miyamotos new IP, not likely, but im up for surprises.
-New Metroid, Starfox, FZero, etc. We know nothing about any of these games, or even if theyre being made. That said, the world is hungry for a new Metroid and Starfox, and FZero needs some love, although we know that Retro studios is high on the contension list for making a new Metroid.

So thats the list of what could possibly happen. I am most excited for X and Zelda to happen, and I really, REALLY hope it isnt DKC:TF with the Kranky reveal. That would absolutely kill any hype Nintendo has made thus far.

Attempts to post: 5

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's probably not a new IP or new Metroid, Star Fox or otherwise as Reggie has said that the game has already been announced. IIRC, Aonuma has also said that he wants to reveal Zelda at E3 so I'm not too sure we'll get that one yet either. So that leaves Smash, DK, Bayonetta, X and SMTxFE, of the five Bayonetta and Smash would easily make the biggest splash based on what we know, X can as well followed by DK and SMTxFE.

My best guess would be X as that would appeal to the crowd, maybe Smash or DK but I feel the latter may not be done due to not seeming like a crowd pleaser as much as the others. SMTxFE is a bit niche so I think they'll hold off of that one.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
It's probably not a new IP or new Metroid, Star Fox or otherwise as Reggie has said that the game has already been announced. IIRC, Aonuma has also said that he wants to reveal Zelda at E3 so I'm not too sure we'll get that one yet either. So that leaves Smash, DK, Bayonetta, X and SMTxFE, of the five Bayonetta and Smash would easily make the biggest splash based on what we know, X can as well followed by DK and SMTxFE.

My best guess would be X as that would appeal to the crowd, maybe Smash or DK but I feel the latter may not be done due to not seeming like a crowd pleaser as much as the others. SMTxFE is a bit niche so I think they'll hold off of that one.
X or B2 seem the most likely. DK isnt far behind but isnt the time or place to show it. Smash will probably get some kind of treatment, because almost anything Nintendo related is Smash related. SMTxFE would be cool but I do agree that it is a very niche game and all we have for info is the working title.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Seems pretty standard to me. Until I saw Reggii that is. Does he represent all Mii or is he just Reggii?
He's just the Mii. But judging from what Reggie has been sharing after this 4chan leak showed up, I think it's become a bit more believable in my eyes. He's still referring to him being put in Smash Brothers, and even going as far to saying that Sakurai said he would be considered if the vote reached 100,000 signatures. Now it's obviously a bit too late for him to be playable, but him being the face of the Mii for the new trailer (as the leaker suggests) isn't too far off considering the circumstance made AFTER he posted the information.

But yeah the Mii is basically whatever you want it to be, but it will always be Reggii to mii.
Lip over Takamaru? Yes please.
aww yee
Isaac AND Shulk? That's fairly uncommon. I quite like it.
I know! I don't know people don't put them together more. They're different enough and are both pretty worthy of having a spot on the roster.
A few twists to make it interesting. Overall it stands up well, I'd just of liked one more uncommonly suggested newcomer to make it really nice.
I have have to think about that for awhile, but thanks for your opinion.

Morbi

Scavenger
He's just the Mii. But judging from what Reggie has been sharing after this 4chan leak showed up, I think it's become a bit more believable in my eyes. He's still referring to him being put in Smash Brothers, and even going as far to saying that Sakurai said he would be considered if the vote reached 100,000 signatures. Now it's obviously a bit too late for him to be playable, but him being the face of the Mii for the new trailer (as the leaker suggests) isn't too far off considering the circumstance made AFTER he posted the information.

But yeah the Mii is basically whatever you want it to be, but it will always be Reggii to mii.
aww yee
I know! I don't know people don't put them together more. They're different enough and are both pretty worthy of having a spot on the roster.
I have have to think about that for awhile, but thanks for your opinion.
That was actually legitimate? Regii would be considered if the vote reached 100,00 signatures? That is crazy! I really do hope that he is the Mii they reveal. That would be so sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom