• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If you were to decide what Nintendo will announce regarding Smash, which would you choose?
5 veterans or 3 newcomers?
VETERANS! I'd go with Zelda, MK, a Pokemon Rep (Mewtwo or Jiggs), Captain Falcon, Ness, or Diddy for any of my bets.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Sakurai was actually JOKING about adding Reggie into Smash 4 (AND SPECIFICALLY REGGIE).
just like people joke about wanting him in!

however there's a chance that when (or if) they announce the Miis they show a bunch of nintendo celebrities, like maybe Reggie, Iwata or Miyamoto

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, I think the best route to go for real life Nintendo people is that if they were given Mii versions, with probably exclusive moves you can't get in Mii customization, perhaps an exclusive move for Reggie like body slam and Purple Pikmin throw.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
King Hippo vs Bald Bull before?
I remember something like this a few months back.
I say that Hippo is more iconic, but I don't know, a lot of people would argue for Bull.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I think Hippo is the more unique, appealing PO character than Bald Bull, I don't think any Nintendo character currently is like him.
Though the idea of a bull-rush character sounds fine to me.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Bald Bull > Hippo every day of the week, is almost like the samurai goroh of punch out.
But hippo is funnier to look at, in a very cute way.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Bald Bull > Hippo every day of the week, is almost like the samurai goroh of punch out.
But hippo is funnier to look at, in a very cute way.
Bull would be...
Kind of dull actually.
He's got the Bull Rush, but that's about it. That's the reason he is iconic, for the Bull Rush.
Otherwise he would be mainly about punching, which Mac would already do.
Hippo would be the heavyweight, and could use clumsy boxing strategies and use his weight as an advantage.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Although I am quite confident that Bull Rush will become Mac's S-Special.
I could see that happening, I really can't imagine anything about Mac's moveset except punches. Although I can't see Little Mac doing the bear-hugger, I think King Hippo is able to establish that well, as well as throwing pineapples and using a manhole as a shield.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd choose Newcomers. Seriously, Megaman hype lasted me for like 4-5 months and I still get goosebumps by watching his trailer.
Veterans hype fade away after like... 2 days. A week or two if I like the veteran character.

-

Bald Bull is definitely more historic, as he's been in... let's see... oh yeah. EVERY Punch Out game, even in the spinoff Arm Wrestling.
King Hippo on the other hand has just been in the NES game, and the Wiimake. But I find him overall more iconic.

I don't know why, but Bald Bull just looks like a cartoonified real life boxer, where as King Hippo has that oldschool Nintendo charm in him. And I have a lot of an easier time picturing a moveset for KH than BB. (Crown throwing, manhole lid defense, attacking with fruits, + regular boxing) I'd choose KH as the 2nd Punch Out rep.

But in reality, I'm sure King Hippo would be a boss battle. Or Mr.Sandman.
Super Macho Man would be the best Punch Out assist trophy though. Him, or Aran Ryan cursing at the crowd blocking the view (ala Deadpool) being the new Nintendog.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Mac always exploit peoples weakness to win, they should play with that.
Press "b" and he slams pikachus tail, press "b" on mario and you take out his hat, something like that.

Bull would be...
Kind of dull actually.
He's got the Bull Rush, but that's about it. That's the reason he is iconic, for the Bull Rush.
Otherwise he would be mainly about punching, which Mac would already do.
Hippo would be the heavyweight, and could use clumsy boxing strategies and use his weight as an advantage.
Bald Bull could be the ganondorf version of Mac, i dont see too much troubles.
But yes, hippo is a better option.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
But in reality, I'm sure King Hippo would be a boss battle. Or Mr.Sandman.
Super Macho Man would be the best Punch Out assist trophy though. Him, or Aran Ryan cursing at the crowd blocking the view (ala Deadpool) being the new Nintendog.
I think he's suited well for a boss now (At least in this installment)
I think he would have a much easier time being a character in the next installment of Smash Bros.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think he's suited well for a boss now (At least in this installment)
I think he would have a much easier time being a character in the next installment of Smash Bros.
We'd be lucky enough to get more than one Punch Out Newcomer.

Also, if Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sheik or Little Mac is revealed at VGX, I can guarantee at that specific moment that I will be one the happiest persons alive.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Two Punch-Out!! newcomers? I wish!! I would love to have Little Mac and King Hippo! :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would be fine with Reggie's Mii getting in Smash... better Reggie's Mii than Reggie himself... I always felt that Smash shouldn't have real-life people unless they are Miis.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
We'd be lucky enough to get more than one Punch Out Newcomer.

Also, if Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sheik or Little Mac is revealed at VGX, I can guarantee at that specific moment that I will be one the happiest persons alive.
yes :mewtwopm: :metaknight: and Little Mac is good for VGX but not :sheik:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I put :sheik: there because I've been playing a lot more in Sheik in P:M. :estatic:

But Sakurai knows we want :mewtwopm: bad, so there's a shot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like the new Zelda game might be shown at VGX. Or maybe some more info on X and Tropical Freeze. Though I am really hoping to see another new character sometime soon.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I would be fine with Reggie's Mii getting in Smash... better Reggie's Mii than Reggie himself... I always felt that Smash shouldn't have real-life people unless they are Miis.
Or a floating head. :troll:

I feel like the new Zelda game might be shown at VGX. Or maybe some more info on X and Tropical Freeze. Though I am really hoping to see another new character sometime soon.
If it's going to give a E3 TP reveal reaction, sure..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Or a floating head. :troll:

Or none at all. I will only accept Mech-Miyamoto. He comes with Kung-Grip! How cool is that? But seriously, the only doctor I want to see in Smash is of the Mario variety. If we do get newcomers at VGX, I'd like to see another two like at the initial E3 trailer. Little Mac would be awesome. And maybe, just maybe, a Donkey Kong or Metroid character gets shown too.

D

Deleted member

No character is like King Hippo?

K. Rool is essentially a crocodile version of Hippo but with more than just boxing ability.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I can see where that comparison comes from, but I don't think he would seriously have to pick between K. Rool
and King Hippo (I don't think a boxer would use a blunderbuss or a backpackcopter). I think they are different enough characters to have their own slot.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Maybe dropping his shorts would be his weakness, it would cause a big delay in attacks. :troll:
Sorta like how Slaking can't move for every other turn, having his attacks delayed.
Now I think Punch-Out deserves 3 characters. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom