• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is it just me, or do some people really exaggerate the whole "Hitler and **** Mii" thing? Either I have been lucky enough to keep playing online with some very modest and neat people or everyone else somehow keeps visiting a dead rats den in every online play they go in.... :T

Like seriously, are these types of Mii's really that common?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Is it just me, or do some people really exaggerate the whole "Hitler and **** Mii" thing? Either I have been lucky enough to keep playing online with some very modest and neat people or everyone else somehow keeps visiting a dead rats den in every online play they go in.... :T

Like seriously, are these types of Mii's really that common?
Yeah, you usually see only the Mii from behind in Mario Kart Wii.
I don't think we seen a "Hitler" situation as of yet.
Hopefully theres a Code of Conduct for Smash Bros. online, so that way everyone behaves. :>

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Problem: miis affect roster balance and annoys people.
Solution: give the option of ban characters in online matchs.

Everybody wins.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That would be somewhat unfortunate, people would just ban characters like Pikachu, Fox, and Metaknight right off the bat.
Don't forget my precious Falco. Or whoever ends up being top tier.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Woah, for a second there I mixed up Rosalina and Palutena. Haha my bad, that leak isnt as bad as it sseems. Shulk is grossly overestimated in terms of chance anyway, and Rosalina would be a good AT. However, Little Mac is the real kicker in that list.

I dont actually believe the leak is true, nor do I believe that the "leaky 3" is true either. Those characters that were in the leaky 3 were all very strong choices anyway, so to see those ones show up seems likely anyway.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
All you need is a banning system online.
Bam the trolls are gone, but another problem is the annoying little kids that will ban you for owning them in a 1 v 1 match.

Morbi

Scavenger
Solution: The ban option is only available for the Miis. Or leave the online match. Simple as one, two, and three.
Honestly, I want to fight kids that have Hitler/**** Miis. I want them to feel the loving, warm, yet destructive caress of Jesus. My Jesus might even wear a Ridley onesie if it comes down to it. Although, you are correct, the easiest way to avoid the peasants is to leave the game. It isn't so hard.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright... I'm going to hit the brakes right now on this matter...

To have Miis being in just for the "customization" gimmick is absurd. Sakurai's whole purpose of even making SSB4 on the 3DS as well as on Wii U, is for this sole matter. And to be able to transfer them from 3DS to Wii U (and maybe the other way around as well).

Why would Sakurai restrict customization strictly for Miis after going through the trouble of making TWO separate SSB games, just for this gimmick? It's absurd. Customization options don't mean squat for Mii. In fact, Brawl had a bit of customization options for characters, yet there's no Mii in sight. (In fact, not an AT, nor a sticker of Mii in sight either). The point is, cusotmization and connecting both games are the two things that drove these games into production.

If the Mii has any kind of exclusive customization options, it's probably going to be the face. That's it.
But "customization" isn't doing anything in Mii's favor. It's something that pushed these games as a whole.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think people have the right to do what they want with their game, really.

I'll never use it, but thats just me.
The online service is a public service, people should be able to play the game with their character rather than become subjected to arbitrary rules of 12 year olds that can't handle a "top" tier character. If it is a private match, go for it. That is my take on it.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
What if they did "Ranked matches" and "custom matches" where the customization feature would be changing the miis specials to a certain list of abilities, but in ranked matches, they would have a specific moveset that they could only use. Offline matches would be whatever you want it to be.

Not likely, because Nintendo doesnt really support competition, at least hardcore competition.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I honestly only see the miis using costumes, dressing as other characters and mirroring their abilities.
I totally doubt they will end being a villager/G&W type of character, that's just boring.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
To be honest, I never run into Hitlers or private parts. Only normal Miis in Mariokart.
Although Smash is open to an even wider audience, and I would be more worried about immature college kids making those Miis then little kids.
So honestly, I can see it in Smash.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
What's with the Mii hate? I never understood it. They're deserving and all, and I'm sure they'll have a unique, hilarious moveset. I'm fine with them in, I never had anything against them before.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
"What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone..."

Doesn't sound like it's restricted to Mii... to me. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest, I never run into Hitlers or private parts. Only normal Miis in Mariokart.
Although Smash is open to an even wider audience, and I would be more worried about immature college kids making those Miis then little kids.
So honestly, I can see it in Smash.
Why do you have to be immature to have a Hitler Mii? What if you just admire the man? In any event, I wouldn't segregate any age group from being immature. I honestly don't see Smash being plagued by historical figures and reproductive organs.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
What's with the Mii hate? I never understood it. They're deserving and all, and I'm sure they'll have a unique, hilarious moveset. I'm fine with them in, I never had anything against them before.
I don't hate the Miis, I just hate what I'm sure 90% of people online will do with them. Although I'll probably never touch random online mode anyways...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Beyond Mii being a godawful and boring character addition, anyone who cares in the slightest about Little Mac should hope that this new 4chan leak is false. You see, a few weeks ago, there was another "leak" on Reddit that claimed Mii would be shown off in a Nintendo Direct in December, along with information about stage builder, adventure mode, and a confirmation that Little Mac, Shulk, and Rosalina would be Assist Trophies.

Granted, there's the loophole that the Mii would be shown at VGX, not in a Direct, but this is still not a good thing. It is, in fact, a bad thing.
I don't think you can call Mii a boring character and then beg for the guy who only punches and dodges to be in the game. You can't get much more boring than Little Mac.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hey, bro. Sis, whatever. Remember this is a new game. AKA, there'll newcomers. AKA, "your" character could debut in the newest game. Just saying... .... Anyway, what I mean to say is that each new installment can easily bring a character whose characteristics may tickle your fancy, maybe to the point of wanting to main him. And even if you don't quite find a character that suits your style, whoever fits the closest may be enough for you. It's, you know, getting used to it. In the corniest way possible to say it, "you'll have to wait until the one you want show up".

Now back to the Miis themselves, if customization ISN'T their gimmick, then what will? Hammerspace? Great, always nice to know you can play as the bland, boring, non-charismatic version of Mr Game and Watch/Villager. Really, if Miis aren't in for the sake of being custom, which is, you know, the whole purpose of their entire existence, then what the hell were they in for?

And it may be my opinion, but you've gotta admit that it's a pretty absurd design choice to create several multiple unique characters and then have on that can be customizable to any possible degree, therefore rendering everyone else obsolete. Who wants to play as Mario, Sonic, Link, Kirby or any of those suckers when you can play as freaking Mecha Jesus, who uses an lightsaber cross as a boomerang?

Okay, maybe that's a bit too exaggerated, but my point stands. If you aren't conformed with the diverse plethora of characters, each one having their own vibe and play style to them, that they offer you thorough the entire series, even though there's still the possibility of getting your most desired character in the next game, then sorry, but you're playing the wrong game.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
"What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone..."

Doesn't sound like it's restricted to Mii... to me.
So you want an unbalanced Metaknights to be all over the online matches?
I would rather keep it with the Mii.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never really had any personal vendetta against the Mii's either. I just don't care much about them. In fact I'd be more surprised if they didn't make it into the game. So eh... whatever. :rolleyes:

Edit: Seriously, what's up with all these errors in this site lately.... or is that just me? :/

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Aren't Mii's only customizable in the face? And perhaps stats to balance the three weight classes a la Mariokart.

He's a boxer. There is no one in the roster like him.
In terms of gameplay, don't you think the Wii Fit Trainer would act in a similar fashion. Get in their face and hit. Dodge when appropriate.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Customization for only the face? But there's the existence of the Mii Maker.

I never really had any personal vendetta against the Mii's either. I just don't care much about them. In fact I'd be more surprised if they didn't make it into the game. So eh... whatever.

Edit: Seriously, what's up with all these errors in this site lately.... or is that just me? :/
For some reason I get blocked by Smashboards for having an image or emoticon in my post.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Customization for only the face? But there's the existence of the Mii Maker.
I think that 3 weights and sizes would mean 3 different characters with different hit boxes and maybe even attacks.
That's like a whole other Pokemon Trainer. No thank you.
In terms of gameplay, don't you think the Wii Fit Trainer would act in a similar fashion. Get in their face and hit. Dodge when appropriate.
They will be completely different. While Wii Fit Trainer relies on Yoga, Mac relies on boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom