• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I remember why I hate most smash fans. They predict and request stupid characters and rant on good ones. Mostly for being clones.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dk Jr.?

As with any other baby character, I'd of course wouldn't like it. HOWEVER, since he's something of an oldschool pick, and maybe IF he brings retro moves from the CLASSIC arcade DK games, then I guess he'd be a sorta welcome addition... But I'd love to see me some Snappers and barrels.

BTW... Isn't DK JR supposed to be Donkey Kong (country)'s dad? It's weird how he's still portrayed as a kid kong if he's Cranky's son, while Cranky's grandson is bigger/older than Jr.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I remember why I hate most smash fans. They predict and request stupid characters and rant on good ones. Mostly for being clones.
Having semi-clone potential has no bearing on a character's playable chances, it just affects the role the character would fill in-game. Semi-cloniness affecting the level of excitement around a character, on the other hand...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
From my prospective at least, I'm not keen on characters that don't provide much in the way of diversity. Not so much being a clone, in fact I can perfectly tolerate characters like Lucas and Wolf who are clones in name only. But it's more like redundancy, you know something along the lines of Chrom/Lucina.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Also no people, this reveal for Cranky Kong does not change anything at all.
Except for how many people on sites such as GameFAQs act.

Person 1: "Guys, Rosalina is the 5th playable character in SM3DW!"

Person 2: "HOLY CRAP GUYS ROSALINA IS GONNA BE IN THE NEXT SMASH! BROS."

Something similar could potentially happen with Cranky's reveal for Tropical Freeze, though at the same time I won't be too surprised if I see a bunch of people saying "Cranky can't fight."

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Except for how many people on sites such as GameFAQs act.

Person 1: "Guys, Rosalina is the 5th playable character in SM3DW!"

Person 2: "HOLY CRAP GUYS ROSALINA IS GONNA BE IN THE NEXT SMASH! BROS."

Something similar could potentially happen with Cranky's reveal for Tropical Freeze, though at the same time I won't be too surprised if I see a bunch of people saying "Cranky can't fight."
hey wait a minute......

that's MY logic...

and I don't even use gamefaqs

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would have been a little funny to see the fourth character be DK Jr. But if Cranky can just beat up stuff with his crane, I'll be happy with that too.

From my prospective at least, I'm not keen on characters that don't provide much in the way of diversity. Not so much being a clone, in fact I can perfectly tolerate characters like Lucas and Wolf who are clones in name only. But it's more like redundancy, you know something along the lines of Chrom/Lucina.

But muh recency.......Yeah, so far, No one's convinced me to advocate for Chrom. Hell, any Fire Emblem character outside of Marth and Ike. Maybe Roy if he gets more Luigified and junk.

Aaaaand, the site is still acting up a bit.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Here's a (subjectively) interesting question:

The Farmers from the Harvest Moon series.

In terms of potential character inclusion, would the Farmers actually be a good idea to implement in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS? Or would the Animal Crossing Villager render them obsolete (for the most part)?

(Note I am not necessarily advocating these characters, but rather just advancing a topic that isn't discussed often, if at all.)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Annnddd the website is shaky again. Hopefully this issue gets solved soon!

D

Deleted member

On the subject of Cranky:

Cranky was already worthy of a Smash debut, but had two juggernauts in his way that were more....feasible.
Having an active role in Tropical Freeze doesn't make him more worthy than before, but it does make him more feasible, assumedly. However, there's still those two juggernauts in the running, so all he is is the third juggernaut. But it won't matter until another 6 or so years.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I predict the boards will go down again at some point within the next hour.

If Cranky gets in at all in this game, (outside of being a basic trophy or sticker) he'd probably be an Assist Trophy. I fully doubt he'd be playable in Smash 4, but him being playable in a future Smash game is certainly possible.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Welp, that's either a boss battle of sorts, like Yellow Devil, or.... New stage (Leaning towards this, and the fiend being a hazard)? And yes, that's the final boss of Find Mii 2. It's from the secret quest.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey look Golden, a character from an obscure 3DS app has appeared in the game.
Looks like we might see AR Man soon. :troll:
He'll be fine as an Assist Trophy.

Athough, speaking of curveball characters, there is a good chance we could get one more curveball character in the style of R.O.B and Mr. Game & Watch as an unlockable character.

A possible character that could fit this? Maybe Diskun.*shrugs*

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He'll be fine as an Assist Trophy.

Athough, speaking of curveball characters, there is a good chance we could get one more curveball character in the style of R.O.B and Mr. Game & Watch as an unlockable character.

A possible character that could fit this? Maybe Diskun.*shrugs*
Daitouryou fits the bill. (Although a Hanafuda character is the best description)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Miis are going to be announced eventually as the customizable characters, no matter how much you hate them. :p
It's gonna eventually ruin rosters who don't think the leaky 3 rumor is true.
It's going to fulfill my roster predictions. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey look Golden, a character from an obscure 3DS app has appeared in the game.
Looks like we might see AR Man soon. :troll:
Edit: Ooh it might also be a new stage too.
AR Man? Blah! Wandering Heroes are where it's at! :cool:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love it if Wandering Heroes were a team of cat and dog sword users... better than that lame Chrom/Lucina team and the nonsensical Nintendog/Nintencat team.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Miis are going to be announced eventually as the customizable characters, no matter how much you hate them. :p
It's gonna eventually ruin rosters who don't think the leaky 3 rumor is true.
It's going to fulfill my roster predictions. :awesome:
Is there any game where miis are truly customizable? what makes you think thats how they will be?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Meh, after that Swapnote controversy, I think Sakurai might rethink Nikki being a playable character. (If she is actually planned)
I think she'll end up being a trophy.
Is there any game where miis are truly customizable? what makes you think thats how they will be?
Not any from what I can recall, but Sakurai can definitely can go indepth with the Mii customization.
Because Sakurai can make the iconic Miis not bland by giving them all sorts of variety of attacks.

I would love it if Wandering Heroes were a team of cat and dog sword users... better than that lame Chrom/Lucina team and the nonsensical Nintendog/Nintencat team.
So now we have to give them swords in order for dogs and cats to be cool? :sadeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom