• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally for the next reveal, I'm wishing for a newcomer, but expecting a veteran
Newcomer could be anything, as long as it brings a little more hype.
Veteran could be IC, DDD, Lucas, and Zelda.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's my guess.
If it's a veteran, probably Zelda to advertise Link Between Worlds in Japan. Ice Climbers is also a possibility.
If it's a newcomer, probably Palutena for the anniversary of Kid Icarus.
Dedede will be saved for January to correspond with Triple Deluxe.
If we get an unexpected obvious character, it will be Ness or Captain Falcon.
And we might get a Pokémon character, albeit quite late.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I put down Lucas just because. Like, I can sense it be similar to Marth's reveal: we were expecting a different character but got a random reveal. I sense Lucas would be revealed randomly, and I feel it would be soon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What do you all think of the chances of a second trailer for the game? Likely?

Yeah, of course. Not counting trailers meant for new characters(which is supposed to be a thing now.)But soon before the game releases. Since we're supposedly getting character trailers, I do kinda see that as a reason we haven't seen another new character since E3, those could trailers take some time to make.

Not that it will overly derail time from the game itself.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I put down Lucas just because. Like, I can sense it be similar to Marth's reveal: we were expecting a different character but got a random reveal. I sense Lucas would be revealed randomly, and I feel it would be soon.
If Lucas gets revealed before Ness I will legitimately be angry.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Lucas gets revealed before Ness I will legitimately be angry.
Why? Ness is an almost guaranteed lock, having Lucas, first would show that Sakurai is really pushing to get as many characters as in possible, He probably only said that one thing as somewhat as insurance in case we can't get most of the vets, back.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why? Ness is an almost guaranteed lock, having Lucas, first would show that Sakurai is really pushing to get as many characters as in possible, He probably only said that one thing as somewhat as insurance in case we can't get most of the vets, back.
To be honest, even if Ness is a lock, I kind of want to see some old favorites like Ness and Falcon in HD glory asap.
Also I don't really want Lucas back anyway.

Gune

Smash Lord
To be honest, even if Ness is a lock, I kind of want to see some old favorites like Ness and Falcon in HD glory asap.
Also I don't really want Lucas back anyway.
To a point I agree Ness should come first Lucas can take the back seat this time.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I want to see lucario in HD especially if he has fur like fox or DK.

also want to see falco's glorious feathers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think a December reveal makes sense because of the holidays, and most importantly because it's right in the middle of last year's and next year's E3s.
If we estimate at least 9 newcomers, and we got 3 Newcomers for E3.... then we'll probably get 3 (at most, but I think 1 will do) characters this month, and the final 3 starter Newcomers on E3. Then there'll probably be a few hidden ones after that.

Would like seeing one of each game get revealed.
So Ness/Falcon, Zelda, and Pokemon Trainer for me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, at least we know more of the Villagers moves. Though I have to agree with legendofrob1. Having a move that can change its power at any random time might be a bit annoying to work with. But it isn't the first time something like that has been in Smash. Namely with Peach's turnips and Mr.Game and Watch's hammer. Still, I guess it makes sense given how those turnips work in Animal Crossing anyhow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really want to know what Villager's Final Smash is, my gut says it will involve Tom Nook and a falling giant house. :c

I'd be dissapointed if Mr. Resestti didn't just show up and annoy the other characters to commit sempuku. Well cartoony sempuku at the very least. Either that or a swarm of bees after the Villager dumps like ten different beehives. Those two sound hilarious to me.

But I guess a house dropping on people is a classic isn't it? Kind of hard to beat a classic.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, at least we know more of the Villagers moves. Though I have to agree with legendofrob1. Having a move that can change its power at any random time might be a bit annoying to work with. But it isn't the first time something like that has been in Smash. Namely with Peach's turnips and Mr.Game and Watch's hammer.
And Peach's F-Smash. Don't forget that golf club/tennis racket/frying pan of friendship/justice/doom.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd be dissapointed if Mr. Resestti didn't just show up and annoy the other characters to commit sempuku. Well cartoony sempuku at the very least. Either that or a swarm of bees after the Villager dumps like ten different beehives. Those two sound hilarious to me.

But I guess a house dropping on people is a classic isn't it? Kind of hard to beat a classic.
I think he would be better implemented as a character, he would be hilarious to play as with those tiny feet and his pickaxe.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

I had a better idea: what if the Villager digs up a lot of fossils and somehow revives the fossils, then a lot of dinossaurs attack everyone?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
It could be interesting if is based on time, something like "this turnip move is great for the next 10 seconds", something like that.
But if its pure randomness, well, first villager's move i dont like.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Back in my day, the young folk didn't have any Internet spoilers as to who the fourth character in Tropical Freeze would be! They sifted through the rubbish barrels outside of Retro Studio, and they liked it!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Back in my day, the young folk didn't have any Internet spoilers as to who the fourth character in Tropical Freeze would be! They sifted through the rubbish barrels outside of Retro Studio, and they liked it!

Interesting.

Actually, Cranky Kong might be a possible contender for SSB5 assuming both K.Rool and Dixie makes it in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom