• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I think it would just be better if they put in iconic Miis and the normal Mii you would get the default Mii when you start making one. Then he could have iconic Mii costumes like Nikki.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Not any from what I can recall, but Sakurai can definitely can go indepth with the Mii customization.
Because Sakurai can make the iconic Miis not bland by giving them all sorts of variety of attacks.
He can definitely go with all the characters...
So, is just a weird assumption you have :oneeye:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Meh, after that Swapnote controversy, I think Sakurai might rethink Nikki being a playable character. (If she is actually planned)
I think she'll end up being a trophy.

Hey; at least if Mii are in you can actually MAKE Nikki!

Depending on the level of customisation depends on what else is possible. Think the Find Mii/Street Pass Quest Hats will be included?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey; at least if Mii are in you can actually MAKE Nikki!

Depending on the level of customisation depends on what else is possible. Think the Find Mii/Street Pass Quest Hats will be included?
Yeah that's the much easier route to please all audiences.

He can definitely go with all the characters...
So, is just a weird assumption you have :oneeye:
It's one assumption I feel real confident about.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
You guys are gonna have to deal with it if you see a "PINGAS" Mii online, it's not a big problem to me. There are Nintendo administrators here if they see any offensive content just like in Miiverse.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Beyond Mii being a godawful and boring character addition, anyone who cares in the slightest about Little Mac should hope that this new 4chan leak is false. You see, a few weeks ago, there was another "leak" on Reddit that claimed Mii would be shown off in a Nintendo Direct in December, along with information about stage builder, adventure mode, and a confirmation that Little Mac, Shulk, and Rosalina would be Assist Trophies.

Granted, there's the loophole that the Mii would be shown at VGX, not in a Direct, but this is still not a good thing. It is, in fact, a bad thing.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Still don't know why we should be thrilled about Mii.
Because customizable attacks lead an endless combinations of possibilities for the best moveset for you. I think Miis will help you what kind of playstyle you fit best with.

Beyond Mii being a godawful and boring character addition, anyone who cares in the slightest about Little Mac should hope that this new 4chan leak is false. You see, a few weeks ago, there was another "leak" on Reddit that claimed Mii would be shown off in a Nintendo Direct in December, along with information about stage builder, adventure mode, and a confirmation that Little Mac, Shulk, and Rosalina would be Assist Trophies.

Granted, there's the loophole that the Mii would be shown at VGX, not in a Direct, but this is still not a good thing. It is, in fact, a bad thing.

If Little Mac ends up being an AT, I could see every AT from Brawl returning.
Which kinda bad news for me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Customizable attacks, which I don't even think are that great, aren't what is being leaked. What's being leaked is essentially that the Mii is a poor man's Villager or Game & Watch, in that he just deals bland, basic hits with hammerspace props like a fencing sword and a microphone stand, and uses the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash, but with Miis instead of silhouettes. Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster I hope that rumor dies in a fire like all the others from 4chan.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Considering it's 4Chan I'd take that with a grain of salt, which is good because otherwise that'd mean we'd lost two very popular characters from the roster.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm pretty sure Sakurai wouldn't have mentioned the customization capabilities of the game if he were referring exclusively to the Miis.

Otherwise it would sound like a lie if he was talking about customizing the directionality of certain attacks. Like Mario's fireballs working like Doc's pills for example.

If there are Miis in the game, not something I'd exactly welcome with waving flags, they'd PROBABLY just have an additional customization option which would be limited to what the face looks like. I don't think he'd give them the freedom of body proportions, for balancing sake.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Customizable attacks, which I don't even think are that great, aren't what is being leaked. What's being leaked is essentially that the Mii is a poor man's Villager or Game & Watch, in that he just deals bland, basic hits with hammerspace props like a fencing sword and a microphone stand, and uses the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash, but with Miis instead of silhouettes.
If this is true, then....I don't even.....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, even if the Miis were customizable, I highly doubt anything they would be capable of doing would measure up to virtually any other newcomer on the roster, Wire Frame Trainer aside. They'd have a series of generic attacks that players could change in regard to range, power, speed, and maybe an additional factor or two. Nothing about that compares to what most regular newcomers have to offer; you'll never see Miis having chargeable farts, or face-****, or Waddle Dee tosses, or tree planting and chopping, or attachable Crash Bombers...you get my point.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
If these leaks are true I might actually cry. Those potential characters to be assist trophies are some of my most anticipated characters, and while I dont hate the idea of a Mii character, I dont think thats the correct way to go about it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If these leaks are true I might actually cry. Those potential characters to be assist trophies are some of my most anticipated characters, and while I dont hate the idea of a Mii character, I dont think thats the correct way to go about it.
I don't really believe the rumor, after having an (unconfirmed) Punch-Out stage and the leaky 3, this should lead to Little Mac being a character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Customizable attacks, which I don't even think are that great, aren't what is being leaked. What's being leaked is essentially that the Mii is a poor man's Villager or Game & Watch, in that he just deals bland, basic hits with hammerspace props like a fencing sword and a microphone stand, and uses the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash, but with Miis instead of silhouettes. Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster I hope that rumor dies in a fire like all the others from 4chan.
I don't even know how angry and confused I'd be if this was true. (though I highly doubt it is true, given how it's from 4Chan)

Morbi

Scavenger

I doubt anyone believes that leak over the leaky 3. Although, I wouldn't mind if Rosalina or Shulk are Assist Trophies, it actually seems likely in addition to perhaps Cranky Kong. However, it is important to note that if Little Mac is still an Assist Trophy, we will probably not be seeing characters like Isaac or Waluigi. In any event, Little Mac still seems like a likely candidate to me. I suppose it depends on how Sakurai treats ATs. The boxing stage is a little more than an allusion in my opinion, I will probably feel that way until Sakurai confirms Mac's demise.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So the Nintendo announcement will be the fourth playable character from DK: TF, a new comer for the new Smash or something else, lets wait until saturday to see what happens.
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Most people have recognized Miis as a possibility, specifically after the E3 leak. It's just that, when the leak came up, people mainly focused on evaluating its validity, rather than its characters. Now that the potential reveal of its worst character is staring us in the face, and this new leak makes said character out to be every bit as bad as some of us imagined, more understandable frustration is starting to emerge. Especially since the reveal trailer looks to be a ham-fisted handjob to the drooling 'REGGIE 4 SMASH, HIS BODY IS READY' masses.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Little Mac is and always has been a shoo-in for me, not to mention being one of the most deserving characters in my eyes.
If he doesn't make it I will be very disappointed.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
You know, it's funny how people seem to want a customizable character in the game, completely ignoring that Smash already holds a huge plethora of fighters, each of them being played with in a distinctive and unique manner, regardless of how small the differences between them is. There's seriously a character for each taste; there are plenty of characters for those that want someone who's fast and nimble, that is brutally strong, than can pull up insane combos with ease, etc.

I mean, it sounds cool in theory, but at the end of the day, it's basically pointless.

Morbi

Scavenger
Most people have recognized Miis as a possibility, specifically after the E3 leak. It's just that, when the leak came up, people mainly focused on evaluating its validity, rather than its characters. Now that the potential reveal of its worst character is staring us in the face, and this new leak makes said character out to be every bit as bad as some of us imagined, more understandable frustration is starting to emerge. Especially since the reveal trailer looks to be a ham-fisted handjob to the drooling 'REGGIE 4 SMASH, HIS BODY IS READY' masses.
I am actually quite hyped for Mii characters to become playable. Now I can finally play as Jesus, I know that it is common consensus that Mario is more important to Nintendo. I would like to just point out that Jesus died for our sins, without him, Smash wouldn't even exist. Call me crazy, but I think he deserves representation a little more than our favorite Fire Emblem character of the month. In all seriousness, I would seriously love to thrash with my Jesus Mii. I already made one for the occasion.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well if Mii are added, you can play as Reggie, Nikki, Iwata or yourself, it would be awesome if they could be customize like the game Fortune Street where you can add different clothes, and objects to the Mii from the universe of Mario or Dragon Quest, it would be cool if the same can be added but with the 8 main universes (Mario, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Pokémon and Kirby) and the third party franchises too like Mega Man and Sonic.

.n_n.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, it's funny how people seem to want a customizable character in the game, completely ignoring that Smash already holds a huge plethora of fighters, each of them being played with in a distinctive and unique manner, regardless of how small the differences between them is. There's seriously a character for each taste; there are plenty of characters for those that want someone who's fast and nimble, that is brutally strong, than can pull up insane combos with ease, etc.

I mean, it sounds cool in theory, but at the end of the day, it's basically pointless.
Not necessarily. I mean to an extent; however, if you want to play a zoning character, you are quite limited. There is always Samus (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... no seriously), Snake (maybe, kind of, sort of), ROB, and Olimar. I usually play zoning characters, but these are my only options. There is technically not a character for me in this regard. So I play a rushdown game with the likes of Captain Falcon or Sheik. Link was actually my main for the longest time as he has some zoning potential.

So as you mentioned, there IS a character for everyone, but it might not necessarily be "your" character in the traditional sense. Character customization is always interesting when implemented properly. I agree with you, Smash doesn't need it. However, it might be a way for people to more successfully play as what they actually want to play as. In the end, this discussion is irrelevant. Miis do not need to be "customizable" to merit inclusion. Other people are receptive to the notion.

So what I am trying to say in the nicest way possible is that your opinion doesn't matter. Sakurai has always catered to the casual crowd. Custimization matters to the audience he wants to play the game, regardless of a unique roster.

I have no idea what I am ranting about. Miis are cool, Jesus vs Hitler 2014. It is happening (hopefully).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Imagine if the Mii had a ton of outfits Mario Tennis Open/Mario and Sonic at the Olympics style of newcomers people were hoping for as a crappy substitute for having the actual character. You want Takamaru? Too bad; here's an outfit for your Mii instead. How about Ridley? It's Mii in a Ridley onesie...I've been fearing this since I heard the first Mii leak.

Still, at least Nikki's a possibility!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't want to go online only to find myself in a battle against Hitler, Jesus, or some guy with a person's private parts on his face.

The Miis would only add to the already large amount of online Smash trolls.

Morbi

Scavenger
Imagine if the Mii had a ton of outfits Mario Tennis Open/Mario and Sonic at the Olympics style of newcomers people were hoping for as a crappy substitute for having the actual character. You want Takamaru? Too bad; here's an outfit for your Mii instead. How about Ridley? It's Mii in a Ridley onesie...I've been fearing this since I heard the first Mii leak.

Still, at least Nikki's a possibility!
That would actually be so swag, a Ridley onesie? Sign me up. That might actually be a good way to mitigate the detriment of not having said character in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom