• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I agree with this sentiment, I honestly think Tom Nook would have been more ideal. I am not even an Animal Crossing fan. Luckily his homicidal/rapist memes make me adore him, so I will likely main him. I just don't understand this arbitrary rule that a series has to be introduced with only one character. I mean the notion that he was a front-runner makes it extremely apparent that he might not be the only one (AC representative) in my personal opinion.
I guess Sakurai would rather have the main characters for a series first though, as Tom Nook is really a secondary character of the franchise. That's pretty understandable IMO.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like lucario because he's one Anubis-looking mo-****er
Oh please, he may look Egyptian, but he could never match the king of Egyptian fighters in fighting games.

I love Lucario, but he never really stuck with me. His moveset felt very bland.
His moveset was bland and his gameplay ability was painful. They could have gone much better routes with his character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Zoroark is indeed an underrated character that gets a lot more flak then it deserves. It's like the only reason why people didn't want it is because of Lucario, and for some reason people loved to put Zoroark and Chrom together as a stigma.

In fact, why can't we have an inverted situation here? We get Zoroark included, Chrom is passed. More people would like that scenario because it at least means we get something interesting to talk about.
Well it depends.
Does Zoroark mean no Mewtwo? Who will getin over Chrom?
You're right, it WOULD be interesting.

Gune

Smash Lord
Why? Because Lucario fans would never shut the hell up about it, that's why. Then again, their bickering I can tolerate, since I already know Zoroark wouldn't be replacing Mewtwo's returning appearance. It's kind of funny, since I'm sure she'd be much more interesting than Lucario.
We didn't shut up about because it was made to replace we didn't want that, just like the mew two fans didn't want Lucario to replace Mewtwo we didn't want the same **** to happen again so a lot of us just said "f*** zoroark" the minute It came out, sorry if we were too loud and ruined what could've been a great smasher.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Since were on Zoroark discussion, if only one of them had to make it, who would it be?
Zoroark or Lucario?
Zoroark easily.

We didn't shut up about because it was made to replace we didn't want that, just like the mew two fans didn't want Lucario to replace Mewtwo we didn't want the same **** to happen again so a lot of us just said "f*** zoroark" the minute It came out, sorry if we were too loud and ruined what could've been a great smasher.
Again? This would be the first time as Mewtwo wasn't replaced by anyone, just like I hypothesize that Roy wasn't replaced by Ike. The only character that truly got replaced was Young Link.

Morbi

Scavenger
Since were on Zoroark discussion, if only one of them had to make it, who would it be?
Zoroark or Lucario?
Lucario, easily. He has the relevance and recency, the significance to the games, the popularity from the movies. He has Smash relevance, this makes him a veteran.

Zororark is interesting, has a cult following. That is about it really.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don't care which one gets in, mewtwo, lucario, or zoroark, they all are just an extra pokemon to me, just leave Pikachu, pokemon trainer, and Jigglypuff alone and I'll just be happy

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'll only accept Chrom if his Final Smash is marrying the person that is closest to him.

that is all I have to say on the matter

times to post: 3
this was relevant when I tried to post this forgive me ;-;

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Lucario, because muh no cuts.
Although Zoroark's transformation gimmick would be interesting (I don't know how it would work though).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'll only accept Chrom if his Final Smash is marrying the person that is closest to him.

Heh, already used that. :p But S'okay. :3

I don't care which one gets in, mewtwo, lucario, or zoroark, they all are just an extra pokemon to me, just leave Pikachu, pokemon trainer, and Jigglypuff alone and I'll just be happy
That doesn't sound right...especially considering Mewtwo is more important to the franchise than half the characters you mentioned. Zoroark and Lucario? Yes, they're just extras, Mewtwo is nowhere near just an extra.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope that he cuts Pokemon Trainer so much. I might honestly not purchase the game (yes I will) if he cuts Ike, Lucas, and Wolf over that over-hyped decadent character.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

SUMIAxCHROM IS NOT CANON! CONFIRMED.
I would rather Sumia and Chrom be together for a final smash, It would be sorta like Yoshi's FS, only Sumia is throwing and hitting opponents with spears.

Gune

Smash Lord
Zoroark easily.

Again? This would be the first time as Mewtwo wasn't replaced by anyone, just like I hypothesize that Roy wasn't replaced by Ike. The only character that truly got replaced was Young Link.
Fear is the only reason why just fear of game freak actually pushing him into smash like Lucario and Lucario being out prioritized, but he isn't a threat anymore.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I hope that he cuts Pokemon Trainer so much. I might honestly not purchase the game (yes I will) if he cuts Ike, Lucas, and Wolf over that over-hyped decadent character.
I never really liked Pokemon Trainer either.

Yes he was unique and everything, and I feel like they would never get rid of Charizard... so I don't know what to think. I feel he took up way too much development time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lucario is far more likely to get in this time than Zoroark.

I do like the idea of a playable Zoroark though, so long as it doesn't get in the way of any other Pokemon characters.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Lucario, because muh no cuts.
Although Zoroark's transformation gimmick would be interesting (I don't know how it would work though).
It's an illusion effect. So maybe it could work simply like this:
Zoroark unleashes a claw attack that makes a huge claw-look effect, but in reality the physical claws do the actual damage. Sort of a character you have to watch your eye on, not letting those giant claw effects fool you into running away. He would also be able to make a standing clone illusion version of himself. Sorta of a Sly Fox.

Gune

Smash Lord
Heh, already used that. :p But S'okay. :3

That doesn't sound right...especially considering Mewtwo is more important to the franchise than half the characters you mentioned. Zoroark? Yes, just an extra, Mewtwo and Lucario is nowhere near just an extra.
Fixed.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
That doesn't sound right...especially considering Mewtwo is more important to the franchise than half the characters you mentioned. Zoroark and Lucario? Yes, they're just extras, Mewtwo is nowhere near just an extra.
it might not sound right, but it is my opinion, mewtwo is my 4th choice but I would rather have those three first.
I disagree, . . . but yet I agree at the same time . . . so . . . much . . . confusion . . . ahhh . . .ggrr. . .

but in all seriousness yes, I want him in, but not over ike or wolf

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Fear is the only reason why just fear of game freak actually pushing him into smash like Lucario and Lucario being out prioritized, but he isn't a threat anymore.
I don't follow that terminology, of course Mewtwo isn't a threat...threat means there's a chance of not making it...it's a requirement at this point. In fact, I'd say he's the biggest requirement for the series next to Pikachu at this point.

SUMIAxCHROM IS NOT CANON! CONFIRMED.
I would rather Sumia and Chrom be together for a final smash, It would be sorta like Yoshi's FS, only Sumia is throwing and hitting opponents with spears.
I'd rather have his final smash NOT make Fangirls happy (because they don't deserve to be) and just make it a tag-team final smash with Lucina. Then again, that's if Chrom even makes it.

Morbi

Scavenger
If Sora Ltd. cut Pokemon Trainer, he would have "room" for other important Pokemon characters. Imagine, he cuts that POS character... and proceeds to add Meowth, Zoroark, AND Charizard (who represents almost everything PKMN Trainer does). The same number of characters, but hypothetically speaking, it would take less time to develop. That point is moot as he already balanced Pokemon Trainer once, so it will be easier this time around. However, I digress, the Pokemon roster would be far more rational.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
If Sora Ltd. cut Pokemon Trainer, he would have "room" for other important Pokemon characters. Imagine, he cuts that POS character... and proceeds to add Meowth, Zoroark, AND Charizard (who represents almost everything PKMN Trainer does). The same number of characters, but hypothetically speaking, it would take less time to develop. That point is moot as he already balanced Pokemon Trainer once, so it will be easier this time around. However, I digress, the Pokemon roster would be far more rational.
So basically, if he develops those 3 Pokemon, it's technically the same amount of time to make Pokemon Trainer, only with the trainer to program more.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Project M.

Hell, provide an excuse and I'll say "Project M".
Considering Project M is just a fan-made way of trying to stay in the past of the Melee days, I'm not going to take it seriously. Especially since it's likely that Sakurai himself won't either.They do a good job don't get me wrong, but if I want to play Melee...I'll go play Melee. Not to mention the overall movement and attack style is just bad, which is more than Project M can hope to fix.

it might not sound right, but it is my opinion, mewtwo is my 4th choice but I would rather have those three first.
That's okay opinion-wise, but it's just so very wrong overall series wise.

Looks quite broken to me.

Really?
The only reason you probably know about it is through me though...
Considering I follow alot of people on Tumblr, nope.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

So basically this Final Smash in question makes Chrom marry the person closest to him, then said person gets Chrom'd.

That's at least twenty dozen yaoi fanfictions waiting to happen.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I thought people were clamoring for Zoroark because of "mur recency!" but he isn't recent anymore with X/Y. :troll: Goodra is best Pokemon rep.

I just hope the whole Brawl cast comes back, including Lucario (though I wouldn't care much if he didn't). It would be nice to see Mewtwo again as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have a challenge: No Fire Emblem discussion until Monday.
I want to see if it will happen. 10 bucks says it won't.
So anyways, I think Lyn is more likely than people give her credit for. Her Smash relevance is apparent, will she stay an assist trophy? I highly doubt it. Roy on the other hand was actually playable, but Sakurai prioritizing a clone? That sounds about right actually. Anyways, Chrom really put Fire Emblem on the map, so he is likely.

What do you GUISE think?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So basically this Final Smash in question makes Chrom marry the person closest to him, then said person gets Chrom'd.

That's at least twenty dozen yaoi fanfictions waiting to happen.
Yes well, I didn't exactly think about it that far ahead. But that probably would still happen even if he didn't get the proposed final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom