• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
hey guys, the website just came back on up for me, what's the to-
"reads through discussion"
this is what you guys talk about after the website comes back? fire emblem?
why can't we just wait for ike, and just let what happens, happens, all this pointless debating isn't going to change anything in the end.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Realistically the notion will be decided by whatever arbitrary criteria Sakurai wishes to fulfill. However, the debate is not necessarily menial. The most important thing is that is is fun. If anyone honestly takes those debates seriously... I truly fear for their sanity. Both characters have so many great things going for them, that is why the debates tend to be circular. One is not the overt and concise choice, if one was, we would know.

I honestly think it will come down to whether or not he wants an easy clone as opposed to a full-fledged character, but that is just me.
Both characters have many great things going for them? What would that be? Wind powers and Fire Powers? I hardly call that anything worth going for. Why couldn't Tiki just be an option? WHY?!

And that's why I don't support either and I just support Lyn, as unlikely as she is even though she's the nest most famous lord after the ones already represented in Smash.
I support Tiki's inclusion, and to be honest, she's more deserving IMHO than both Chrom OR Roy.

hey guys, the website just came back on up for me, what's the to-
"reads through discussion"
this is what you guys talk about after the website comes back? fire emblem?
why can't we just wait for ike, and just let what happens, happens, all this pointless debating isn't going to change anything in the end.
You should be more than expecting of this kind of topic, laser face.

Morbi

Scavenger
Another Fire Emblem discussion? I've had enough of Chrom and Roy, they can both burn in developmental hell for all I care.

Why don't we discuss other matters more entertaining than this? Such as... anything else?

This cannot be your idea of 'fun', unless of course you take in pleasurable delight in watching others squirm in pain and suffering.
I am quite the sadist; however, I interpret it more pragmatically. The debates wouldn't occur so frequently if they didn't entertain the majority of the participants.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
...it just occurred to me after seeing that GIF again that, however different Toon K. Rool and regular K. Rool may be, both love glancing at the Fourth Wall.

Why are Chrom and Roy Koopa having a sword/wand-measuring contest in this thread again?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Why yes, "she" should be in Smash.
More recent and thus "relevant" than K.Rool, and a much better "head and hands" fighter than that silly Kawashima.

Sorry I'm late. I was cleaning houses and yards earlier.

Andy > Nell > Sam > Ike > Chrom I prefer to see a Wars series character than another Fire Emblem character.
.n_n.
I was never interested in Nintendo Wars, but I'd like to see a character from the series.
I hope he/she would have a unique and interesting moveset design.

------

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Andy > Nell > Sam > Ike > Chrom I prefer to see a Wars series character than another Fire Emblem character.
.n_n.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Funny thing is that I am genuinely curious about Roy in Project M since it's fixing the crippling problems the character has. Generally buffed power and knockback? More utility? Better aerial game? Better synergy? More fire? That's great!

But then I realized this type of thing is most likely going to be ignored, even if the same outcome of changing attacks does happen. Hence I don't want the character to show up in an official game.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It's a shame on Roy's end, considering he has a lot of untapped potential to be a pretty unique fighter in my eyes (though, there's other clone-ish characters that have so much potential too). Seriously, the Sword of Seals is one of the coolest weapons in Fire Emblem history, and if you take the time to know it's abilities and history, it's a very distinct sword. Very underrated imo.

But alas, if Roy does return I'm expecting him to be somewhat clone-ish (but I'd be overjoyed if he manages to be a Lucas/Wolf).

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
In an attempt to change the discussion...

Let's say the Ice Climbers are revealed within December (though either VGX, daily picture update, or other means of delivery). Other than the obvious bandwagon speculation of "Here comes Chrom&Lucina/Diddy&Dixie!" tandem tag teams taking off wildly, how do we suppose this will reconstruct the entire landscape of the roster speculation? In other words, what will the Ice Climber's reveal mean for all potential inclusions of characters, if at all?

This would also include how we perceive the technological limitations of the 3DS.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I just want to say, in light of this heated discussion, I'd much rather take Roy over Google Chrome. I don't really care who gets in, I personally just want to keep it Marth and Ike, but I would rather have Roy in instead...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone have any clue what's happening with the boards? No character has been revealed so it wouldn't be slow for that. Is it another (albeit weaker) DDoS?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Let's say the Ice Climbers are revealed within December (though either VGX, daily picture update, or other means of delivery). Other than the obvious bandwagon speculation of "Here comes Chrom&Lucina/Diddy&Dixie!" tandem tag teams taking off wildly, how do we suppose this will reconstruct the entire landscape of the roster speculation? In other words, what will the Ice Climber's reveal mean for all potential inclusions of characters, if at all?

This would also include how we perceive the technological limitations of the 3DS.
I think it depends on if they're changed due to tech limitations.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Why hate on the waddle dee? I find it funny.
Why is it hate? Because I have seen the joke enough times and it's not funny anymore? (I never found the joke funny to begin with, but nevertheless)

I just want to say, in light of this heated discussion, I'd much rather take Roy over Google Chrome. I don't really care who gets in, I personally just want to keep it Marth and Ike, but I would rather have Roy in instead...
Can't we just have neither?

Morbi

Scavenger

It honestly wouldn't change too much in my opinion. It would further support the notion that Sakurai is incompetent in my personal opinion, but nothing would truly change. I suppose most would start speculating for minimal cuts based on the premise that he made an overt effort to include a justifiable cut. I doubt that would entail much more tag-team characters. Obviously some would support this. However, I doubt it would reconstruct the entire landscape of roster speculation as most members are rational and develop seemingly coherent thoughts. Most would realize that Ice Climbers were an exception to the rule, not the rule. The only proclamation to refute this is the Dixie/Diddy ordeal (My love for Brawl would be severely attenuated if they were a tag-team along with Toon Zelda). The technical limitations of the 3DS will still be there, this would only prove that Sora Ltd. was able to mask the limitations or work around them. Not that they don't exist.

Ice Climbers would be a nice December reveal in my opinion.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Why is it hate? Because I have seen the joke enough times and it's not funny anymore? (I never found the joke funny to begin with, but nevertheless)

Can't we just have neither?
I still like it, plus that's his thing, just like morbid's likes.

Ok let's just add lyn and call it a day :awesome: (although i feel like we'll get one or the other.... there's no avoiding it.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just saying, it's more likely that the Ice Climbers will have complications with the low resolution then the hardware itself. The hardware for the 3DS either surpasses the Wii or falls short, but either way the 3DS is stronger then the Gamecube at least. If Ice Climbers can be programmed on 12 year old hardware, why would it be impossible to do the same on something that is technically stronger?

Well besides the balance complications.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think we might actually just get Marth and Ike. Roy is a possibility as an easy clone, so he naturally takes less time to develop. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all 4 characters to be perfectly honest. In other words, I have no opinion on this matter.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't get it, is fire emblem really that good? I own the first one but haven't got around to playing it yet.

(Also I want to finish majora's mask first)

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Really at this point I wouldn't be all too sad if Roy doesn't show up in Smash 4, because he's already in Project M and that will be played just as much as Smash 4 will so it's a win win situation in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom