• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I just played about 8 hours of Xenoblade straight yesterday. What do you think my answer is?!
SHULK!

(But in all honesty, why cuts?!)

Morbi

Scavenger
I won't be opposed to either Robin or Anna. But if they come at the cost of Ike, you'll see me flipping tables. :p

I wonder if we'll have ALL of Robin's appearances as alts if he is playable.
That is actually an interesting notion. I doubt we will get 5 alternative costumes for any character, it depends on how crazy Sakurai is willing to get. However, it would be easy to have default Male and default Female Robin. In a similar way to Wii Fit Trainer.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ooh here is an interesting question:
If only one of them had to get in, who would you choose?
Shulk or Ike?
Easy question Ike, because I prefer Isaac over Shulk, plus Ike's my friend, he fights for me

The only thing that gets me worried about Ike's chance is if Sakurai listens to the "filthy casuals" and think replacing Ike for Chrom wouldn't have a major backlash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only thing that gets me worried about Ike's chance is if Sakurai listens to the "filthy casuals" and think replacing Ike for Chrom wouldn't have a major backlash.
Most casual people I see in the internet prefer it to happen.

I'm going to take a guess and say you somehow lost to that Krabble at the beginning of the game.
No, he lost to a Bunnie. :laugh:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai seems to acknowledge that cutting a character is a really big deal. If Chrom is in he won't replace Ike I'm sure, otherwise Chrom is going to be my new permanent test subject in Training Mode, and I'll show no sympathy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I really find it ironic. You'd prefer to stay aquatic if there is a flood....

The Kokiris had a worse date, though, devolving into strange woody koroks. :urg:

Post attempts: 4
The Zora have always been confusing:
Pre-OoT- Jellyfish-seahorse things
Child Timeline- Normal OoT Zora
Failure Timeline- Angry green Zora
Adult Timeline- Birds

Gorons are the most resilient, being around in most Zelda games, though they appear to have died off in the failure timeline.

I guess the Kokiri were just Mourning Wood in WW. :troll:

Forget the Kokiri though, the poor Deku only ever had a major appearance as a race in Majora's Mask.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You know, I think Blue is right.
It doesn't mean Ike will be cut, but priority wise Chrom probably goes first.
Just like how Lucario was higher priority than Mewtwo.
It's not like recency doesn't help at all, in fact it helps significantly if you are from Fire Emblem or Pokemon.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai seems to acknowledge that cutting a character is a really big deal. If Chrom is in he won't replace Ike I'm sure, otherwise Chrom is going to be my new permanent test subject in Training Mode, and I'll show no sympathy.
Trust me, I'll dislike Chrom no matter what scenario happens.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Yeah Hai, I see the topic is Chrom and Fire Emblem...er...I guess he can get in, I'm not going to distrust his possible chances, but assuming he's at the top of the priority list for Fire Emblem characters is stretching it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, you probably shouldn't do that.
It's only an experiment. :p

Yeah Hai, I see the topic is Chrom and Fire Emblem...er...I guess he can get in, I'm not going to distrust his possible chances, but assuming he's at the top of the priority list for Fire Emblem characters is stretching it.
I don't think it's really stretching it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know, I think Blue is right.
It doesn't mean Ike will be cut, but priority wise Chrom probably goes first.
Just like how Lucario was higher priority than Mewtwo.
It's not like recency doesn't help at all, in fact it helps significantly if you are from Fire Emblem or Pokemon.
No, offense, but I've noticed you are a user who gets slightly blinded by recency. You use it for a lot of characters. First of all, recency doesn't prioritize Chrom over Ike anymore than it does Marth. Recency only helps when you have other factors that get you in that are more important than recency, such as being the second most popular lord of all time and having 2 main appearances. Chrom over Ike is less plausible than Genesect over Jigglypuff. I still don't believe recency is criteria for Fire Emblem and there is no evidence that it has been, rather evidence that hasn't. Lucario had more popularity at the time than Mewtwo did and being the hot pokemon IS criteria for that franchise. Notice I didn't say recency, but being the hot Pokemon. It's really the only franchise with any criteria close to recency.

Prioritizing a way less popular clone with only one slightly significant role in it's own franchise over Ike is just silly and worthy of facepalm.

And guys, no matter what, Chrom will certainly be higher priority than Roy. ;)
I shouldn't have come here today. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, offense, but I've noticed you are a user who gets slightly blinded by recency. You use it for a lot of characters. First of all, recency doesn't prioritize Chrom over Ike anymore than it does Marth. Recency only helps when you have other factors that get you in that are more important than recency, such as being the second most popular lord of all time and having 2 main appearances. Chrom over Ike is less plausible than Genesect over Jigglypuff. I still don't believe recency is criteria for Fire Emblem and there is no evidence that it has been, rather evidence that hasn't. Lucario had more popularity at the time than Mewtwo did and being the hot pokemon IS criteria for that franchise. Notice I didn't say recency, but being the hot Pokemon. It's really the only franchise with any criteria close to recency.

Prioritizing a way less popular clone with only one slightly significant role in it's own franchise over Ike is just silly and worthy of facepalm.

I shouldn't have come here today. :p
Fair enough.
I may disagree with some of your choices, but at least you back them up.

Gune

Smash Lord
Personally I believe newcomers/returning cuts are lower priority than the vets, sakurai is way more focused on the return of the brawl roster that's another reason why I don't think were getting a lot of newcomers.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh god,again?

Fire Emblem
Not true...yesterday was Ganondorf and the fact that you should've used a Scope Shot. Today is...just another slap fight for Chrom versus Roy, you like one you're instantly wrong. You support Chrom's inclusion, the idiots call you a Recency lover and a fanboy of a supposedly overrated game. You support Roy's inclusion, the other idiots call you someone lost in the past for supporting a character with no initial value to the franchise. Nobody ever wins, and frankly I hate both ends of both parties, the haters and the supporters.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not true...yesterday was Ganondorf and the fact that you should've used a Scope Shot. Today is...just another slap fight for Chrom versus Roy, you like one you're instantly wrong. You support Chrom's inclusion, the idiots call you a Recency lover and a fanboy of a supposedly overrated game. You support Roy's inclusion, the other idiots call you someone lost in the past for supporting a character with no initial value to the franchise. Nobody ever wins, and frankly I hate both ends of both parties, the haters and the supporters.
I think there's a much simpler answer, if Chrom (somehow) does not get developed, the filler easy choice would be Roy.
I'm gonna stick with this for now.

Morbi

Scavenger
Realistically the notion will be decided by whatever arbitrary criteria Sakurai wishes to fulfill. However, the debate is not necessarily menial. The most important thing is that is is fun. If anyone honestly takes those debates seriously... I truly fear for their sanity. Both characters have so many great things going for them, that is why the debates tend to be circular. One is not the overt and concise choice, if one was, we would know.

I honestly think it will come down to whether or not he wants an easy clone as opposed to a full-fledged character, but that is just me.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Another Fire Emblem discussion? I've had enough of Chrom and Roy, they can both burn in developmental hell for all I care.

Why don't we discuss other matters more entertaining than this? Such as... anything else?

However, the debate is not necessarily menial. The most important thing is that is is fun.
The most important thing is that is is fun.
This cannot be your idea of 'fun', unless of course you take in pleasurable delight in watching others squirm in pain and suffering.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
And that's why I don't support either and I just support Lyn, as unlikely as she is even though she's the nest most famous lord after the ones already represented in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom