• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
All I've really got to say about Ganondorf is that he should be decloned, but he should still have magic dark punches and stuff like he already has, except decloned. I don't really need swords or tridents.
At this point im kinda afraid he will remain unchanged, like many of the other characters we have so far. I know its still early but with how much sakurai is sticking to brawls ideas and movesets im afraid he wont want to alienate the people who used ganondorf before. Its boring IMO but a very real possibility, changes like this need to happen if we are ever to move things forward or gain some new aspects for the series. Things like link and fox getting nothing new has bugged me since the first trailer, i know things can change since the pills are proof of that, so i hope they do. Id be elated if mario had ditched the flood move by the next time we see gameplay.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I honestly think that it will be a costume for Diddy.
A: It almost is
B: Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You want to give Diddy Kong a pony tail, eyelashes, and that girl shirt? Why don't you give Bowser a Bowser Jr costume, it'd be just as ridiculous.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's talk Sukapon. :p

Sakurai doesn't seem to like him. He sees him as a worthless, limbless, pink heathen. But unlike Kirby, he can't copy stuff nor is he as marketable. So clearly, he'll be left in dumpster for many years to come. Just like Stanley the Bugman. He's an even bigger underdog than Luigi. Not that it's really saying something. Luigi's been getting more respect since Luigi's Mansion.

Well, those two are bigger butt monkeys Goombas.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakurai doesn't seem to like him. He sees him as a worthless, limbless, pink heathen. But unlike Kirby, he can't copy stuff nor is he as marketable. So clearly, he'll be left in dumpster for many years to come. Just like Stanley the Bugman. He's an even bigger underdog than Luigi. Not that it's really saying something. Luigi's been getting more respect since Luigi's Mansion.

trololo.PNG

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We talked about Ganondorf's old man crotch a tiny bit of the day.
What do you expect, he gets laid all the time considering he's the only male gerudo. It's gonna be old and withered. Oh, wait there is one male born every whatever years.................I REALLY WANNA BE THAT MALE O_O (just kidding, I rememberd Gerudos are nasty)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You mean like in a vein to Vectorman?

Well, just damn, man. Now I miss Vectorman. Why the hell did he not get the retro resurgence that Double Dragon, Megaman and(kinda)Rayman got? Or better yet, Why wasn't he in the Sega Crossover games? He is freaking awesome.

Morbi

Scavenger
A: It almost is
B: Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? You want to give Diddy Kong a pony tail, eyelashes, and that girl shirt? Why don't you give Bowser a Bowser Jr costume, it'd be just as ridiculous.
So Diddy couldn't wear a wig with some eye lashes? Do you know what sounds even more ridiculous? Having Wii Fit Trainer (Male)... oh wait! So your notion is moot.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So Diddy couldn't wear a wig with some eye lashes? Do you know what sounds even more ridiculous? Having Wii Fit Trainer (Male)... oh wait! So your notion is moot.
Dixie being a costume for Diddy is less ridiculous than having both genders of the Wii Fit Trainer? What?

The Wii Fit Trainers are two seperate characters who share the same personality with little personality whose sole purpose in the Wii Fit games is to assist the players. As they fill the same role and have no differences aside from gender, voice and build, it makes sense to have them as the same character in Smash, only make it so one can change their gender. The same applies to the Villager.

Diddy and Dixie are seperate individuals as well. Dixie has a different personality, different abilties, she isn't just a girl version of Diddy. And she has enough potential and importance to get in as her own character, Sakurai would see that easily. This notion you believe is likely makes no sense and is not even remotely likely.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dixie being a costume for Diddy is less ridiculous than having both genders of the Wii Fit Trainer? What?

The Wii Fit Trainers are two seperate characters who share the same personality with little personality whose sole purpose in the Wii Fit games is to assist the players. As they fill the same role and have no differences aside from gender, voice and build, it makes sense to have them as the same character in Smash, only make it so one can change their gender. The same applies to the Villager.

Diddy and Dixie are seperate individuals as well. Dixie has a different personality, different abilties, she isn't just a girl version of Diddy. And she has enough potential and importance to get in as her own character, Sakurai would see that easily. This notion you believe is likely makes no sense and is not even remotely likely.
I am talking about the practical application. What it would take to animate, how natural the selection would be, how it pertains the source material. I am not insinuating that Male Trainer was unwarranted, I am implying that the costume is... awkward. I am fairly certain they used Wii Fit Trainers model to create it. So when we draw correlations, both are gender swaps. One needed to change everything aside from the color scheme, the other needs a wig. I don't even think the eye lashes are entirely necessary to be honest. Obviously I am not a Dixie fan (as you can most likely tell); however, her potential as pseudo clone is not enticing to me.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

T-Rexes, Dixie as a costume, Sukapon, and Crashboards again.
....Anything else to talk about?

Sukapon would be cool, but sadly seems unlikley.
Anyone who wants Dixie as a costume for Diddy is a ******.
Don't care for the T-Rexes.

-----

Morbi

Scavenger
T-Rexes, Dixie as a costume, Sukapon, and Crashboards again.
....Anything else to talk about?

Sukapon would be cool, but sadly seems unlikley.
Anyone who wants Dixie as a costume for Diddy is a ******.
Don't care for the T-Rexes.

-----
Not sure if you just called me a ****** because I think the notion is plausible; however, to be more concise, I do not want her in the game at all. I think it is more valid to spend very little development time in making her a costume as opposed to developing a character that has a congruent build to Diddy. It is not a difficult premise to grasp, especially considering that she has competition in her franchise. Namely K. Rool, which is more ideal in my opinion.

I suppose it would be accurate to assert that her being a costume is quite preferable for me. If that makes me any less intelligent, so be it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't think Dixie should be used as an alternate costume, there's more that they can do with her then just shoving her into that role.

I mostly liked this post because it uses a Land Before Time pic.
I think that's from Fantasia actually, it reminds me of that T-rex vs. Stegosaurus scene from that movie.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Heaven has the curse of no one knowing much about the series, leading to little discussion about it.
We should discuss that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't think Dixie should be used as an alternate costume, there's more that they can do with her then just shoving her into that role.

I think that's from Fantasia actually, it reminds me of that T-rex vs. Stegosaurus scene from that movie.
Yes, it definitely resembles the Stegosaurus from Fantasia. The nostalgia, we need a Fantasia rep!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
But Wii Fit Trainer is still Wii Fit Trainer regardless of gender. Just like Villager is gender neutral, Pokemon Trainer(note the name isn't Red) and Robin from FE: Awakening.

Dixie's a fully fledged character in and of herself opposed to some avatar that can be customized by the player. To me at least, that seems like a key factor.

Likewise I personally can't see them doing a Roy or Lucina skin for Marth(although I can picture a masked Marth 'outfit' as a homage to the latter) or a Young Link skin for Toon Link because they're different characters rather than optional gender choices of the same individual blank slate avatar.

If Ike gets a Chrom skin (or vice versa) I'll be pretty surprised to say the least.

Morbi

Scavenger
But Wii Fit Trainer is still Wii Fit Trainer regardless of gender. Just like Villager is gender neutral, Pokemon Trainer(note the name isn't Red) and Robin from FE: Awakening.

Dixie's a fully fledged character in and of herself opposed to some avatar that can be customized by the player. To me at least, that seems like a key factor.

Likewise I personally can't see them doing a Roy or Lucina skin for Marth(although I can picture a masked Marth 'outfit' as a homage to the latter) or a Young Link skin for Toon Link because they're different characters rather than optional gender choices of the same individual blank slate avatar.

If Ike gets a Chrom skin (or vice versa) I'll be pretty surprised to say the least.
I was honestly expecting a Masked Marth (Lucina) skin for Marth. Maybe you are right, we have yet to see how he actually implements these costumes. I am looking too far into the whole "gender-swap" thing. So yeah, bias speaking.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Clearly Marth wearing Lucina's outfit is impossible because... uhhh... because it would make Marth too blue! That's it, yeah, too blue!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Dixie as an alternate custome is like making wario a mario clone, is just not right.

If gender swaps are implemented for all the characters we will get a new diddy girl form, not a dixie costume.
The most plausible end outside a character appareance is an AT, a background element or a palette swap for diddy, but never a gender swapp.

I think it had nothing to do with the avatar things btw.
The fit trainers arent avatars, they are "trainers", your instructors, you use the miis in the game.
Male trainer was supposed to be a different character, but because of the abbilities of both trainers is the same he is an AC, something really odd in my opinion but i guess it works.

So, equal characters with different gender could be considered as an AC, like lucina i suppose, but again, dixie dont enter in that definition.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

He doesn't bring anything new also, just a generic fighting style. Perhaps also a reason. But it would be neat to have the first fighting Nintendo character.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't get it either, I love Sukapon though. But Sakurai state to not expect him and not to expect fighting characters to be in the game, because they "don't merge well."
(Reading from Sakurai's quotations)

Gee, that sounds familiar.
And this is why I should avoid flaming characters and rather talk about playstyle. :crying:
What would be Sukapon's playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom