• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
He has flexible legs. I mean damn, it looks like he's hugging a totem pole or something. It's nearly vertical.
I can't even raise mine up past a 45 degree angle.

But I wouldn't want to be in such a position with my crotch exposed anyway.
Considering it's a toy effigy of the real thing, I don't think it's hard to bend it that far. He's basically an action figure, they can bend their bodies better than any gymnast in existence. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How could we be so stupid. Ganondorf's Up tilt basically confirmed that Wii Fit Trainer has been working behind Smash the whole time. But, we were to stupid to realize it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That's an interesting IMG...what's it supposed to be exactly?

Ah there it is...Waddle Dee abandoning his sphere for a Rocket Launcher? What kind of blasphemy is this? At least use the giant Waddle Dee robot!

You just had to ruin the fantasy of yogadorf. :glare:
Well at least I left the fantasy of expanding hands, feet and heads to attack. :p If it makes you feel any better, Ganondorf and Cobra Commanders are training partners. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
Way too telegraphed to do that. If you're trying to kill opponents with that attack, you're doing something very wrong.
It works decent in team games with a partner... against bots. :awesome:

Let us just admit it though, Ganondorf's U tilt is the coolest in the game, even if it gets less action than... a gay and neutered, um, cat?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It looks like a Waddle Dee about to bazooka a giant Impa's face off. But, I'm no artist.
What mockery is this?! A Bazooka?! This is Bandana Dee we're talking about here...that needs to be a Scope Shot...

Way too telegraphed to do that. If you're trying to kill opponents with that attack, you're doing something very wrong.
It's very clear that this attack is Ganondorf's way of showing off his crotch. I mean really, why else would his grab have you positioned so low? :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What version are you playing?
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. Project M

Basically, every Super Smash Bros. game where you can play as Ganondorf.

Listen, trying to use the up tilt as your finishing move is a bad idea. Even Warlock Punch does a better job at killing then the up tilt.

Morbi

Scavenger
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Listen, trying to use the up tilt as your finishing move is a bad idea. Even Warlock Punch does a better job at killing then the up tilt.
That is what I do, I am so used to Captain Falcon that I throw Warlock Punches out like crazy. Haha.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I didn't know we were talking about finishing moves, but even I've had success with that every now and then. Mostly in Melee.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

It's the worst in Melee originally, especially since the pace of the game is so fast and the move's start-up time is too slow. You'd get easily knocked out of it before you have a chance to land it.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's the worst in Melee originally, especially since the pace of the game is so fast and the move's start-up time is too slow. You'd get easily knocked out of it before you have a chance to land it.
Again, the point is to trick your opponent into it. I can't stress that enough. If you're not going to use an attack the way it's intended, then yeah! It's not going to be pretty ****ing reliable!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like I said though, Roy's down aerial is still a lot worse then any other attack.

A ridiculously stingy hitbox around the torso that preforms a pathetically weak meteor smash, and if you miss that you'll instead knock the opponent up and in some cases actually aid them in recovery. Not to mention Roy has his fast falling speed and weak recovery, meaning doing it over the edge is a terrible idea.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Again, the point is to trick your opponent into it. I can't stress that enough. If you're not going to use an attack the way it's intended, then yeah! It's not going to be pretty ****ing reliable!
It's just too slow of a move, the only time you'll actually hit someone with it is if they are stunned or in a team match and your partner throws them into it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Exactly, you are supposed to use the attack like a "Venus Fly Trap"; I have had relative success with it in 4 player matches with a partner, it is also a decent WTF move to throw off someones guard. Again, you really need a partner for the full potential of the move.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Throw people into Ganondorf's crotch. Fun party game; better with more people. But so are all crotch games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You either need pure luck, an opponent that doesn't know what he/she is doing, or a teammate in order for the attack to be truly realiable.

Tricking an opponent (that's actually good) isn't all that easy either.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ganondorf has so many other powerful options. If he were really weak all around, the crotch slam might be more appealing to utilize.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Could make his Up tilt faster with the ability to plant opponent's into the ground.

That's sounds really cool. I like the idea of having a faster Up Tilt as it is. But being able to plant them into the ground is even better. Even more so, if one was able to get Ganondorf to follow up with a Smash Attack. Seems like a good K.O. set up. And Warlock Punch get changed into his Side Smash. While his B is Dead Man's Volley.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Unless you're playing against level 1 computers, you're never going to trick anyone with a move that's so slow. Hell, even Level 1 computers avoid the move most of the time. Also, you can jump over it or roll behind it, it's easier to get a KO with Mewtwo's backward aerial than tricking people with the Volcano kick.

Are you guys talking about the Warlock Punch? He needs some way to paralyze the opponent so I can properly use the move. Perhaps paralysis on the D-Throw?
How about he just doesn't have the move because he shouldn't have the move?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Project M Ganondorf has a different up tilt, where he lifts his leg and stomps. It's much faster then Volcano Kick, but weaker with less range.

Don't really have much of an opinion considering I go with Captain Falcon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom