• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Ganondorf is only really bad in Brawl, in Melee/Project M he's pretty good.
I was talking about Brawl, since we are speculating what changes he will have from Brawl's Ganondorf.

I was saying Ganondorf is so bad no one can be good with him. He needs a hell lot of buffs and ABSOLUTELY NO nerfs to be good.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I was saying Ganondorf is so bad no one can be good with him. He needs a hell lot of buffs and ABSOLUTELY NO nerfs to be good.
that is actually false, there are some people out there who can make good use of ganondorf, I know this by first hand experience, I still can't believe how many times I gotten killed against him in online multiplayer

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I just prefer the OoT Ganondorf over TP. That shout that he does on his neutral b is so epic. It sounds like hes just exploding with power, like wheb you defeat his human form in OoT.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ganondorf doesn't need a sword, he needs magic, and legitimate magic, not a few sparkly afterthoughts tacked onto Falcon's attacks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
For the love of god almighty....DO NOT GIVE GANONDORF A SWORD! It will suck so much ass. To describe it's assness, I have to say...it'd be very ass.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if Ganondorf could switch to a sword using either his taunt or Down B?
Then everyone's happy, right?
No, and personally I don't want him to have projectiles either. Makes him feel less tough than he actually is. Well, maybe if he had short range magic attacks, then I'd be okay with it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
>Complains about too many swords.
>Covets for Ganondorf to get a sword.

What they mean by that is no more Fire Emblem characters with swords. :troll:

People just see it as a one-way ticket out of er....."Clone Status" for Ganondorf. And he did use them in two(three if you count beast Ganon)games in a row. Again, I just want him to be de-cloned, or Luigified even further than he already was in Brawl. If him having a sword is the means to do that, then so be it. But he should still kick the living crap outta people too, it's fun.

Besides Soul Calibur has how many sword users? And they have way more attacks to be made in their movesets. Ganondorf could use a different kind of sword from Link, Marth, Ike, Pit, and Meta-Knight anyhow.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
For the love of god almighty....DO NOT GIVE GANONDORF A SWORD! It will suck so much ***. To describe it's assness, I have to say...it'd be very ***.
You know what would be crazy and completely unheard of? If he gets both. Crazy right? He walks around and can use magic but he also gets a sword for some moves?

Woah, theres no way that could happen :troll:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
No, and personally I don't want him to have projectiles either. Makes him feel less tough than he actually is. Well, maybe if he had short range magic attacks, then I'd be okay with it.
I agree, they need to give ganondorf an edge in battle, a short range magic attack with an area effect would give him an necessary edge

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What if Ganondorf could switch to a sword using either his taunt or Down B?
Then everyone's happy, right?

I won't. For some reason, I just hate special moves that don't do damage in some fashion. They irritate me to no end. And I can't explain why either.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Maybe if his downward B was like an electric shield or some ****.
I'd be fine with Ganondorf not having a sword this time around (TRIDENT) but he needs to have more unique moves. But I do agree if he gets a projectile, it would need to be short-ranged, like a very short-ranged Dead Man's Volley.

But Ganondorf is known for power, so he should stay mainly close-range fighting with an emphasis on strength. Just not as a clone of Falcon.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wouldn't be that hard to do, Samus in Project M can switch between beams (Fire and Ice) by using taunts. If they can do it I'm sure Sakurai and his team could.
Yeah, but that's just effects on a same move. You're taking a character and giving him a completely new and unique moveset, which could take time out from working on other characters that need to be further decloned or technical issues in general.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It'd still be pretty cool. Technically they're the same person, and besides, Smash doesn't make sense in the slightest.
Smash may devoid from canon, but to a certain limit. It shouldn't be used as an excuse to do whatever you want and not think about how logic in the slightest. Even Sakurai didn't want Dr. Mario shooting fire balls. Being the same person does not allow you to use stuff from completely different ****ing forms. And I'm not talking about pallete swap power ups, or costumes. I'm talking about not even being the same thing as before.

Just because Mario shoots fire balls with blue overalls, doesn't mean you're gonna get Squirtle with water blasters sticking out of his shell or Link rolling up into a Goron ball.

If Ganondorf has a trident, then why the hell is he even in human form?

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Yeah, but that's just effects on a same move. You're taking a character and giving him a completely new and unique moveset, which could take time out from working on other characters that need to be further decloned or technical issues in general.
Some of her moves did change, not all though it was more than just an effect.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ganondorf, eh?

Give him 1 or 2 attacks with his sword. Change all specials but Down-B and Side-B. Give him magic projectiles and hovering. Warlock Punch becomes S-Smash.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom