• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pokken Fighters.

Should solve anything, if it ever sees the light of course.

Untill then:

:pikachu2::jigglypuff::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):lucario::mewtwopm:
Ever since Pokemon has come full circle and made each one of these characters notable again for one reason or another, this really does seem like the perfect Pokemon roster.

And if it doesn't turn out this way someone needs to go smack Sakurai. And then tell him he must recover.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm curious. Like I know for certain games Sakurai will reveal a character alongside it, but I feel he's going to be even more unpredictable than he already has been.
I can almost guarantee that we'll get a character alongside Triple Deluxe.
Not sure about Tropical Freeze though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ever since Pokemon has come full circle and made each one of these characters notable again for one reason or another, this really does seem like the perfect Pokemon roster.

And if it doesn't turn out this way someone needs to go smack Sakurai. And then tell him he must recover.
SPOILER ALERT: Pikachu will be the only Pokemon rep. He represents all of the Pokemon now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can almost guarantee that we'll get a character alongside Triple Deluxe.
Not sure about Tropical Freeze though.
I agree about Triple Deluxe but the only way I see not getting a character with TF is if Diddy gets revealed beforehand, which is pretty unlikely, considering there are other characters to promote beforehand, and more random random choices, like the good Captain or Ness.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Because Dr. Mario is actually Mario.
It's a little different than Dixie Kong or Toon Link. Dr. Mario has a similar size, weight, everything to Mario. A few texture changes to Mario when the alt costume is on wouldn't be that hard to do (pills for fireballs, sheet for cape, and I have no idea what FLUDD could be really).
Maybe you're right, but only for FLUDD.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Mario, but if he gets in the way of an original character or another Mario character then I may not love him as much.

FLUDD's water gets swapped for Grape-Flavored Cold Medicine. Instead of pushing back, it does a little bit of damage and sticks to the floor. Makes the opponent stuck in place. Because the medicine is so syrupy. Or he keeps Melee Mario's Tornado. Which sounds better? I can't say I'm pushing for Doctor Mario. But if he shows up then I can't exactly be mad either. Hell, I might be a little interested in what ways he's changed. Like burning, freezing and shocking pills.

Also, I want Mario's FLUDD to do damage too, but that's besides the point.

"lololol Sakurai only takes important characters, thats why hes cutting Diddy"

Am I dreaming, or is this actually the conversation I'm waking up to on here??
Diddy's the last Brawl character that should be cut. I'm actually serious. I still don't get how he wasn't one of the new characters in Melee. The only other Brawl characters that seems like a complete lock are King DeDeDe, Wario and Meta-Knight.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I see it as, so far:

December: Princess Zelda (possibly Ganondorf).
January: Meta Knight/ King Dedede.
February: Diddy Kong.

Not sure from that point on, but I think the 20th anniversary of Wario Land is early next year.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
The only Trainers we're getting in Smash 4 are of the Kanto and Wii Fit variety.
Kalos could end up having a trainer if Mewtwo and/or Lucario isn't/aren't counted as Gen 6 Pokémon because of its/their Mega Evolution(s), and besides, who wouldn't want to play as a Greninja, arguably the most popular Gen 6 Pokémon? Otherwise, I see Kanto Trainer returning.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
SPOILER ALERT: Pikachu will be the only Pokemon rep. He represents all of the Pokemon now.
Don't forget there's also going to be a clone of Pikachu. No, not Pichu... DETECTIVE PIKACHU! :troll:

In all seriousness, there should totally be a costume for Pikachu with a Sherlock hat. :awesome:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Don't forget there's also going to be a clone of Pikachu. No, not Pichu... DETECTIVE PIKACHU! :troll:

In all seriousness, there should totally be a costume for Pikachu with a Sherlock hat. :awesome:
Pikachu don't need no Sherlock hat.​

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4

We MUST have a Red-esque Looker in the background also, supporting "Detective" Pikachu. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
We MUST have a Red-esque Looker in the background also, supporting "Detective" Pikachu. :troll:

The Looker? DON'T YOU MEAN THE DOC-TAH?????

50th Anniversary Year! Pump up the Jam! Pump Up the Jam! Tom Baker! Daleks! Romance! YEAH!

(:troll:)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pikachu don't need no Sherlock hat.

He's a loose cannon that's got nothing to live for. And he's got to train that rookie Squirtle. But even Chief Charizard knows that he's the best on the force!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm curious. Like I know for certain games Sakurai will reveal a character alongside it, but I feel he's going to be even more unpredictable than he already has been.
Agree with this. You never know what Sakurai is going to do next.

Zelda might not NEED another playable character; however, Sakurai made an overt effort to include Toon Zelda (he was drunk).
What type of alcohol do you think he was having?:awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well one thing is for certain in terms of Toon Zelda if she does become playable, she most likely wouldn't use any kicks, likewise for Tetra and definitely for (god forbid) Toon Sheik, at least if Sakurai's comment regarding Toon Link and his short legs during the Brawl dojo is anything to go by...

So we could assume her down smash, down air, side air and low attack would be different at least...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, not that I ever expect it to happen, but I'm curious what would happen if Toon Ganondorf became playable. Out of all the Toon characters, he's the only one who wouldn't be obviously smaller and faster than the original realistic counterpart, thus rendering the original character the inferior of the two by far. In fact, due to Toon Ganondorf being fatter than realistic Ganondorf, perhaps the latter would become a better character if the former were added?

Of course, it's because Toon Ganondorf can't become a semi-clone of Captain Falcon that he'll never be added, so yeah, Ganondorf will stay a huffing and puffing old man because LOL HE IS ENTERTAINER.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You know, not that I ever expect it to happen, but I'm curious what would happen if Toon Ganondorf became playable. Out of all the Toon characters, he's the only one who wouldn't be obviously smaller and faster than the original realistic counterpart, thus rendering the counterpart the inferior character by far. In fact, due to Toon Ganondorf being fatter than realistic Ganondorf, perhaps the latter would become a better character if the former were added?

Of course, it's because Toon Ganondorf can't become a semi-clone of Captain Falcon that he'll never be added, so yeah, Ganondorf will stay a huffing and puffing old man because LOL HE IS ENTERTAINER.
we'll finally have a ganondorf that uses a sword:awesome:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, not that I ever expect it to happen, but I'm curious what would happen if Toon Ganondorf became playable. Out of all the Toon characters, he's the only one who wouldn't be obviously smaller and faster than the original realistic counterpart, thus rendering the original character the inferior of the two by far. In fact, due to Toon Ganondorf being fatter than realistic Ganondorf, perhaps the latter would become a better character if the former were added?

If there was ever another Ganondorf included, I'd want it to be a playable Beast Ganon.
Smash needs more tridents

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Correction, we will finally have a Ganondorf that uses two swords. So after all these years of whining, Instead of one sword, Ganondorf would receive two swords for the price of one instead.:awesome:

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe he'll have an entirely physical moveset, only pulling out the swords for a taunt and a victory pose, and people will devour it like hotcakes and retroactively claim "punches and kicks are fitting for Toon Ganondorf" for god knows what reason.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have honestly no idea how Wind Waker Ganondorf could work as a falcon clone, especially with that mens kimono he's wearing and shorter legs he has, so I'd imagine he'd have a harder time performing some of Falcon's kick based moves compared to the other Ganondorf designs. Especially since it would go against what Sakurai said in regards to Toon Link and his short legs..... :T

But then again... it's not like Sakurai hasn't defied my expectations before...... :T

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All I know is that I'd want Ganondorf to be made even more different from Falcon than he was in Brawl. And for him to be better overall, maybe by giving him more speed with his attacks. If he uses a sword, fine by me. If he uses two swords, fine by me. If he uses the trident, fine by me. Hell, I'll be fine with him sticking with just punches and kicks if he's even more unique, and better this time around.

I don't think he'll be 100% changed though. He'll likely keep a similar playstyle that Melee and Brawl had. Making him a slow, but heavy hitter. And some of his attacks will stay the same. I just feel that his speed should be better than Bowser's.

He's got a few unique attacks in Brawl, so all he needs is for a different neutral special. Like the Dead Man's Volley(I think that's what it's called). Maybe tweak his Down B as well, like changing it's direction in the air.

Also it's taken like 3 times to post this.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, I never said I predicted Ganondorf would get that extra development time...Sakurai's "strong personal criteria" forbids it. :troll:

Well hey now. We got a new Bowser because he sucked, maybe we will get a new Ganondorf because he sucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom