• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Chrom :awesome:

I actually WOULDN'T mind Young Link if they did something really interesting with his moveset. Like if it were Link to the Past based with Pegasus Boots and Hammer, or a Majora's Mask based Link.
Ehh I don't think there would be 3 Links in one game. I certainly would like him more then Toon Link though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Rosalina, all these recent appearences, along with the fact Galaxy wasn't along by the time Brawl released, means she's most likely to get in there.
All these recent appearances were made after the reveal of Smash 4 so it probably has no affect if the roster is finalized. Remember that recency doesn't matter when you're unimportant to your franchise over all. There is no reason for her to get in over Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, or even Dr. Mario.

?????????????

Smash Master
Chrom or Tharja, they both have to fight it out. Chrom is the main character of Awakening, Tharja was so much more popular that she's getting a Figma instead of him, and was voted most popular character.
I highly doubt Tharja. She was very popular, but she's still much more of a side character; there's a lot more main characters that I'd guess take priority. Otherwise, I think Midna would've been a prime candidate for Brawl.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
All these recent appearances were made after the reveal of Smash 4 so it probably has no affect if the roster is finalized. Remember that recency doesn't matter when you're unimportant to your franchise over all. There is no reason for her to get in over Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, or even Dr. Mario.
She's very important to the Mario franchise, appearing in both Galaxy games, multiple Mario Karts, Mario 3D World, and the recent talk of Galaxy 3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So...Are you expecting something really cool for December? like a newcomer reveal or something?
I'm expecting veteran reveals until Nintendo has a really big Direct like the one they had in Jan, that's the first time I see another newcomer reveal as likely. Though Sakurai seems to have a near infinite supply of curveballs, so who really knows. In any case, no, not expecting one next month. My money is still on Zelda, though maybe we'll get two if we're lucky.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Fox, Pikachu, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer. Those are my more 'safe' predictions.
to bad that those safe predictions are inaccurate, wii fit trainer was replaced the other day, by male wii fit trainer :troll:
So...Are you expecting something really cool for December? like a newcomer reveal or something?
yep, but I can't guess exactly what would happen, but I expect something along the lines of a character being revealed, if I had to take a guess I think it'll be king dedede

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy or Zelda is next. Both characters hyping me up greatly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually, I forgot about VGX. If they're showing Smash off there, a newcomer wouldn't be unreasonable to expect. Though I'm not getting my hopes up, Nintendo has quite the habit of dashing them. :laugh:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
She's very important to the Mario franchise, appearing in both Galaxy games, multiple Mario Karts, Mario 3D World, and the recent talk of Galaxy 3.
First of all, there is no Galaxy 3. Miyamoto simply stated it's not an idea to be deconfirmed. She only appeared in one Galaxy game so combining that with her spin off appearances she's about as well actually less important than Toadsworth the way I see it. Again, Super Mario 3D World was revealed after Smash 4 and even then this "importance" is very, very, little. It in no way rivals the importance of other Mario nominees. Again, not even Dr. Mario's.

I agree with Waluigi and Daisy, I just don't agree on Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr HAS been in more games. Like 20 more games than Rosalina.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
First of all, there is no Galaxy 3. Miyamoto simply stated it's not an idea to be deconfirmed. She only appeared in one Galaxy game so combining that with her spin off appearances she's about as well actually less important than Toadsworth the way I see it. Again, Super Mario 3D World was revealed after Smash 4 and even then this "importance" is very, very, little. It in no way rivals the importance of other Mario nominees. Again, not even Dr. Mario's.

Bowser Jr HAS been in more games. Like 20 more games than Rosalina.
I don't know Luigi, he hasn't appeared in that many. And Rosalina was in both Galaxy games.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My guess is Diddy will be held until TF to reveal. Though if there's a DK newcomer (which there better be) that'd also be the time to reveal them.

With Nintendo's more recent habit of milking Mario even more shamelessly than usual, I wouldn't be surprised if Galaxy 3 came out eventually, even though, great as the first two were, I'd rather have a new gimmick.

And being playable in a main series Mario platformer is nothing to scoff at. Mixed with her other frequent appearances lately, including several in "main" Mario games, plus her popularity, she's not a candidate that should go ignored, though I'd agree Jr, Paper Mario, and even Waluigi are probably likelier picks. Excluding Toad, I'd still put her fourth though. Just because it comes out after Smash was revealed, doesn't mean Sakurai didn't have prior knowledge, especially of a game of this magnitude.

Oh and Rosalina was in both Galaxy games, she just only had a major role in the first.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I just don't think I've seen any evidence on why Diddy would make it back, and I review everything.

Did you review that he's highly requested, Donkey Kong's sidekick, a second DK character, and maybe one of the most important Nintendo characters on the roster!? He's a shoo in. He can't leave. What would even possess you to consider that?

For Bowser Jr., just look at his name. He's shadowed by Bowser
Just like Wario is overshadowed by Mario because it's the same name with an upside down "M". As in not at all.

and he's not very important.
Oh, but Rosalina is!?!?

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Bowser Jr. IS more important to the series, hence the "being created first" and "appearing in more games" parts.
Gohma was created before Giraham and has appeared in more games, does that mean that she's more likely to get in? Then again, I'm not saying Giraham is getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom