• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The word "gay" being used as an insult is one of the dumbest things that has happened in the world. If someone uses it as an insult, I'm convinced that person is a terrible troll or is in a seriously bad mood.

Also, I'm tired of this discussion.......I really am.....

So how about that Bowser Jr. guys?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My word. It's always when the mod isn't looking, isn't it? Let's try to get back on topic, and stay there for as very long as we can. :rolleyes:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know that Mario is going to get another character, or that it NEEDS one.

Really I think the most likely newcomers are from Metroid, DK, Fire Emblem, and Pokémon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
wouldn't mind Jr at all. I think he'd b a great addition if given the right moveset. definitely a better addition than say Waluigi or Rosalina. and in my opinion a better choice than Toad. all that say I don't think Mario will get a new character this time around

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon is not going to get a newcomer, Fire Emblem will get a newcomer but said newcomer will be so incredibly redundant that they might as well not show up.

Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus are the way to go, but going with series not yet on the roster is much better.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Indeed a Mario newcomer is by no means necessary, (or likely for that matter. Espescially in comparison to a new DK character and Ridley) although I feel a Mario newcomer is not unecessary, I'd say any Mario newcomer could be a bonus.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@Xenoblaze

Should've clarified. By newcomer, I meant Mewtwo, and Fire Emblem could be either Roy or Chrom (I still think Chrom will get in) but either have a decent shot.

I completely agree with the rest.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't see Pokemon getting a newcomer. And I'll be very shocked if Mewtwo does not return.

I'm expecting a third FE character. Whom said character will be, I'm not sure as I don't know much about FE, but from what I do know it easily warrants a third slot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Mario series is pretty huge. More people know it than any other. A newcomer will draw people in (just look how many requests there are for more Mario characters on places with lower average IQ than here), and there are a few decent picks this time around. While not necessary, and not the likeliest of series to expand, personally my bet is we will be getting another Mario character this time around. And Toad probably was the way to go, but Bowser Jr and Paper Mario are also decent picks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
For starters, I don't understand why Bowser Jr would get in, but not Toad. An alternate Mario, I would, but not so much Bowser Jr. It seems like an odd fit going by character roles.

The fact that we have so many Mario related characters already makes this unnecessary. However I can tell you Toad was indeed not unnecessary. Just add Dr. Mario if you have time left.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm just going to say that the use of 'homosexual' in an insulting way like it was is completely immature and childish, especially over something so petty. There are better ways to express your distaste for a video game character that doesn't involve insulting language.

Anyway, before this thread degrades again...

YES

Might as well ask again. Thoughts on Bowser Jr.?
I think he'd be a fun character, though overall I'm ambivalent towards the Mario characters. As for chances same as before. Toad possibly being out of the running doesn't really change that as he's still the same character and in the same position as before, it just removes a potential rival for the position.

As for Pokemon, I agree that it doesn't look like we'll get a newcomer for the series as there's no other character that matches Mewtwo or the Brawl Veterans in terms of popularity or importance to the series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For starters, I don't understand why Bowser Jr would get in, but not Toad. An alternate Mario, I would, but not so much Bowser Jr. It seems like an odd fit going by character roles.
If Sakurai doesn't view Toad as a fighter any number of Mario characters could get in before him.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai doesn't view Toad as a fighter any number of Mario characters could get in before him.
Toad's only potential relies on items which really only derives from Toad houses and Mario Party. But, I wouldn't say any character would get in before him.

Without Toad, another Mario is the only way to go for me. I hope it's the Doc.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still hate it when someone says "Mario isn't getting a newcomer".

I admit the chances of a new Mario character is slim, but it is by no means impossible.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Toad's only potential relies on items which really only derives from Toad houses and Mario Party. But, I wouldn't say any character would get in before him.
If Sakurai doesn't find or view Toad as feasible or fighter-worthy chances are he's off the table completely (unless Sakurai changes his mind later on), which means characters who might not be very likely would still hypothetically be included first if just because Sakurai doesn't see them as an impossibility or impracticality.

If we look at the DK series, Cranky Kong should be right up there with K. Rool and Dixie as one of the most warranted characters for inclusion if we're just going by series importance, but because he's likely not feasible he probably won't even be considered after K. Rool and Dixie are both (hypothetically) eventually added, and characters like... Funky would get in before him. For all we know it could very well be the same with Toad to Sakurai.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
YES

Might as well ask again. Thoughts on Bowser Jr.?

Post attempts: 2
I feel as if Bowser Jr. was pushed on us. The Koopalings wee dropped for a smaller Bowser. But Nintendo realized their mistake and had to pull the Koopalings back into the mix. Besides, isn't Bowser Jr. mostly regulated to machines.

I guess he could use his paintbrush, but didn't he do that while disguised as Mario to frame him for graffiti? See, you guys want a plot in a Mario game and that is what you get. Framed for pollution. *clap,clap*

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would quite honestly be upset if Dr. Mario got in. He is easily at best an alternate costume considering that the excuse that "He wouldn't shoot fireballs" is assumably dead.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. He may have been different from Mario, but he still isn't different enough to warrant a return.

Just my opinion, but I really would be a bit upset if that happened.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Why do the boards keep going offline today? IIRC there was a server update or something like that recently. Are the boards just having issues because of that?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know, but I was having a similar issue. Because of that, I decided to work on developing my first competitive Pokemanz team.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*returns to Toon Link discussion* I don't particularly mind Toon Link in the game, I do mind that Sakurai's vision that "a younger and an older Link must be in the game" mandates that neither live up to their full potential because both must use different iterations of the same moveset. *abandons Toon Link discussion*

There was a time way back pre-Brawl where I really wanted Bowser Jr., almost as much as I wanted K. Rool (and Diddy before his reveal). In the early days of me being on Smash World Forums (2008-9 or so), I'd constantly argue from my gut that he'd be a great unique character because he'd totally use the paintbrush and not resemble Bowser in the slightest...kind of like what happens with other corny characters nowadays. Now? The "New" SMB series has soured me on the character a fair bit, so while I may argue for him from a likelihood standpoint, he's not nearly as high on my list of wants anymore.

At this point, if everyone wanting a Mario newcomer gravitated toward Toad instead of fracturing up among half a dozen or more newcomers, and if Japan stopped moping about him being a meatshield and supported him nonetheless, Toad could have a legitimate shot. Until then, there's no real reason to include another newcomer from the series.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so guys, . . . . . anybody else having problems with the boards? or is that just me, keeps saying that they overloaded or something,
well anyway what is the discussion, . . .
or is it another one of those discussions where I should run away as far as possible
Edit: times attempted to post this: 6

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
so guys, . . . . . anybody else having problems with the boards? or is that just me, keeps saying that they overloaded or something,
or is it another one of those discussions where I should run away as far as possible
The site is crashing for everyone, seems to be related to the recent server update.

And so far, the current discussion seems to be calm and normal. (well, not normal by this thread's standards...which is a good thing)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Edit: times attempted to post this: 6
Happening to me too. Seems to be happening to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom