• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I've cared a lot more about Link then Toon Link. All I see with Toon Link is an excuse to make Link worse for the sake of "diversity".

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
New Roster Update!

I added Andy as my Nintendo Wars rep, replacing Issac. I decided to add Nintendo Wars for being a deserving Famicom classic that has had many sequels on several Nintendo consoles and brings a lot of potential.

Starters:
Marth
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Palutena
Villager
Takamaru
Mii

Unlockables:
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Roy
Ridley
Andy
Starfy
Mega Man

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know why people get so butthurt over it either. Maybe it's the same character, but Toon Link plays completely different than Link. So really I don't see the big deal. Plus Sakurai criteria. So big whoop, get over it people. Toon Link didn't steal your character's spot.

On the other hand, a character like Ganondorf needs to be done justice and given his own moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toon Link = Doctor Mario in my eyes. Accept, not in Melee and not fun to play as. He could be super awesome and not a clone, but he isn't. Combine that with the fact that I'm not a fan of the TLink games and there's why I'm indifferent/not interested in him.

Quit ********. Toon Link is in, so who cares if we don't like him? Too bad, Toon time.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't know why people get so butthurt over it either. Maybe it's the same character, but Toon Link plays completely different than Link. So really I don't see the big deal. Plus Sakurai criteria. So big whoop, get over it people. Toon Link didn't steal your character's spot.

On the other hand, a character like Ganondorf needs to be done justice and given his own moveset.
If anything, Toon Link helps my characters spot.

I think we all know who I'm talking about.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd rather not get into another Ganondorf discussion, but I'll take anything over a discussion involving people saying why they don't like Toon Link.

In fact I think I'm gonna come up with a new moveset for Ganondorf soon. I've neglected on making movesets, so it's about time I actually start to work on some.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Toon Link = Doctor Mario in my eyes. Accept, not in Melee and not fun to play as. He could be super awesome and not a clone, but he isn't. Combine that with the fact that I'm not a fan of the TLink games and there's why I'm indifferent/not interested in him.

Quit *****ing. Toon Link is in, so who cares if we don't like him? Too bad, Toon time.

To each his own. Personally, I love Wind Waker, and my little brother mains Toon Link in Brawl, so I still advocate for him mainly for nostalgia and competitive reasons. I like playing as him, even if at times I wish that they'd give him some original moves, but otherwise I'm fine. But thank you for ending this whole thing.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I actually enjoy playing as Toon Link. I personally enjoy him more than Link myself, but if Link were better, then I would probably play as him more often.

Anyway, anybody want to take a guess at the next character reveal? I don't know, I haven't been around lately and just wanted to start conversation. :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Toon Link isn't that cool. He's actually voted for less than like, five potential newcomers on my poll.
Do you think that's perhaps because he wasn't a newcomer? I mean I'd be surprised if I saw a lot of requests for a newcomer when people expect newcomers to return anyway.

and don't EVEN get me started on Lucario.

All I see with Toon Link is an excuse to make Link worse for the sake of "diversity".
All I see with people complaining about Toon Link is greed and whining that the roster doesn't have a million purely unique characters. Because you know, it's not about what characters you play as, it's about what those characters look like and what they do.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd rather not get into another Ganondorf discussion, but I'll take anything over a discussion involving people saying why they don't like Toon Link.

In fact I think I'm gonna come up with a new moveset for Ganondorf soon. I've neglected on making movesets, so it's about time I actually start to work on some.

I've done, what, Ridley, K. Rool and Waluigi movesets all within 3 hours tonight? I'm on fire for movesets!

Would anybody like to see them?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
All I see with people complaining about Toon Link is greed and whining that the roster doesn't have a million purely unique characters. Because you know, it's not about what characters you play as, it's about what those characters look like and what they do.
What a character looks like and what they do? How exactly does that improve the prospective on Toon Link?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Sure. I'd love to see what you've come up with for them.

Ugh, I've been trying to push these things all day, nobody notices them. :p

It's being stupid, won't allow me to post Ridley's and Waluigi's. They're in their respective support forums, if you want to see them.

[collapse="King K. Rool"]
Jab: He swipes with alternating hands, and then belly bumps the opponent. Deals 2%, then 2%, then 3%.
F-Tilt: He punches forward with his boxing glove. Deals 5%.
U-Tilt: He chomps upward with his powerful jaws. Deals 3%.
D-Tilt: He swipes during his crouch, like Bowser’s D-tilt. Deals 4%.
Dash Attack: K. Rool tackles forward. Deals 5%.
U-Smash: K. Rool uppercuts with immense knockback using a boxing glove, like in DK64. Deals 15%.
F-Smash: K. Rool presses a button on his remote control as his hoverpack appears and a large orb of electric energy explodes right in front of him. Deals 14%.
D-Smash: K. Rool pulls out his blunderbuss and sprays mist all around him, damaging opponents if they touch this cloud. Deals 17%.
N-Air: He belly-bumps forward. Deals 6%.
F-Air: He pulls out his scepter from Super Mario Sluggers and smacks in front of him while screaming “Lunkhead!”, dealing 7% damage.
B-Air: K. Rool spins with a flourish of his cape as he swipes his claws behind him. Deals 4%.
U-Air: He does a corkscrew-esque attack, spinning as he reaches upwards. Deals 6%.
D-Air: K. Rool positions himself as he then ground-pounds into the floor, creating a good-sized shockwave around him. Deals 8%.
Grab: He lunges forward similar to the Koopa Klaw from Melee.
Pummel: He chomps down on the opponent, 1% per hit.
U-Throw: He swipes off his crown and pokes them in the butt with it. Deals 9%.
F-Throw: He swings them like Mario’s F-Throw, and then kicks them forward. Deals 7%.
B-Throw: He looks at them, shrugs and throws them away, dealing 4%.
D-Throw: He jumps up high and then lands on them, dealing 6%.
N-Special: Blunderbuss. K. Rool pulls out his trusty blunderbuss and fires lead cannonballs straight forward, with smoke trailing after them. Each cannonball deals 10%.
S-Special: Crown Throw. K. Rool pulls off his crown and throws it forward, like a boomerang. Deals 7% to whoever it hits.
U-Special: Hoverpack. K. Rool pulls out a remote as he flies upward with a hoverpack. No damage, only a recovery move.
D-Special: Cannonball Summon. He waves his arm above him as a cannonball comes flying straight down in front of him. Thanks to K. Rool’s strength, to others it’s an un-movable obstacle, but to him, it’s a meteor smash and a soccer ball all in one!
Final Smash: Kannonballs and Kredits. He pretends to faint, as fake credits roll quickly for 3 seconds, citing K. Rool and the Kremlings as the developers. Suddenly, he rises back up, and waves his hands as hundreds of cannonballs fall from the sky, much like Lucas’ PK Starstorm. Each cannonball deals 20%.[/collapse]

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Imo, Smash is about the characters that get in, and what those characters do within the game, their appearance be damned (unless it's quite literally ridiculous)

For example, if they put Mario in the game strictly in his Tanooki suit, surely people would be upset it wasn't his iconic regular getup. Alternatively, if he had a moveset that was crappily made and had nothing to do with Mario or his series, then that would be a problem.

Also, character selection (in most cases) is imo the most important part. Because if this were a fighting game for Nintendo's All-Stars new and old, and they put Koopa Troopa in over Mario, then that's a problem, even if Koopa Troopa had the bestest moves evar.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think moveset and character are equally important because of what I said above.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, good! You must be the new troll. We've been months without our last one since he was fired.

OH NOEZ TEH GAYZ DONT U EVAR BE MEAN 2 THEM! THEY WEARE BORN THAT WAYz.

We don't need an internet hero.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
@APC

Saw the Ridley moveset in his thread before you posted it here, and I saw K. Rool's moveset here. I must say they are both full of good ideas.

Gonna have to check that Waluigi moveset of yours soon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have no problem with gay people. My brother is gay, and I love him no less than I did before.

Using that as an insult over the internet over a damn video game? Not to mention an opinion on a character already confirmed for the game? Seriously?

That's ****ing stupid.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I have no problem with gay people. My brother is gay, and I love him no less than I did before.

Using that as an insult over the internet over a damn video game? Not to mention an opinion on a character already confirmed for the game? Seriously?

That's ****ing stupid.
Let's just put this childish conflict in the "later" file next to the gasoline can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom