• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.

I agree that Dr. Mario shooting fire balls being weird is a dumb excuse considering he already super jumps and spawns coins, but I really want Dr. Mario to be it's own character. I like him to throw Pills and have electricity and just be called "Dr. Mario". Plus, he'd have an awesome final smash as well as the tornado move assuming Luigi gets the Poltergust.

Other things can be done to make him different and he's literally my second favorite person to play as in Smash after Luigi.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Sorry I'm late on this. I think "gay" as an insult is dumb, but not because it offends those with genetic sexual disorders. (or simply those who like the same sex regardless of if they were actually born gay; whatever definition you prefer, I guess)
I've grown a thick skin over the years so words don't offend me as much now.

I just find it immature.
It's the kind of word that I imagine 12-year olds with bad grammar using on the internet.

"lolol ur so fake and gay"

Also, gay originally mean joyous and happy, so there's that...
----

I would quite honestly be upset if Dr. Mario got in. He is easily at best an alternate costume considering that the excuse that "He wouldn't shoot fireballs" is assumably dead.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. He may have been different from Mario, but he still isn't different enough to warrant a return.

Just my opinion, but I really would be a bit upset if that happened.
I'm only wanting Dr. Mario to stay a separate character since he was one in Melee. Once a smasher, always a smasher, as I say.
If he hadn't been there, I would've thought of him as an alt costume by now.

And that's actually the reason why I have Chef Mario from Yoshi's Cookie in my ultimate roster.
He's sort of a "self-parody" and joke character, meant to poke fun at myself for keeping Dr. Mario a separate character when he could easily become an alt costume.

Moveset:
B: Cookie

Forward B: Cookie Sheet - Does more damage and knockback than Cape or Super Sheet, but doesn't help with recovery at all.

Up B: Super Cookie Punch

Down B: Cookie Tornado

Final Smash: Snack Basket (from Bowser's Inside Story, only with Yoshi Cookies)

-----

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At this point I don't really care if Mario gets a newcomer, unless it's Paper Mario with a mostly or fully unique, partner- utilizing moveset. At which point ill crap out my insides and not be able to play such an amazing character on account of being dead from shock and lack of insides.

However, DK, Metroid and new franchises like Punch-Out, Golden Sun and stuff need characters first. (You hear me, Sakurai?! All four of those deserve a character. One of them could even deserve two!)

Oh and Takamaru. <3

And I honestly really want a FE:A character (Chrom, Avatar, whoever) just because I want a playable rep from that amazing game. Bite me!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol at the Toon Link butthurt a few pages back. :laugh:

Too bad I couldn't have access to the laptop during that conversation or else I would have joined in on the fun but since N3ON doesn't want us to discuss it any further I'll respect her wishes and discuss whatever we are currently talking about.

We are talking Mario newcomers? Yeah I don't really care too much who that newcomer would be either, I do have the feeling we will get one though. Either a newcomer or the return of Dr. Mario I suppose. :/

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

"Pic of the day.A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong bow.It'll only appear when you have high damage,so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"
Do you think the screams that sounds when you hit a character with high damage will return (like in Melee and Project M) ?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

"Pic of the day.A red-black effect now appears when you're hit by a strong bow.It'll only appear when you have high damage,so when you see this you're in trouble--and you're probably about to get KO'd!"
Do you think the screams that sounds when you hit a character with high damage will return (like in Melee and Project M) ?
That new effect gives me an "Giygas" feeling. It's Red and Black and strikes fear when you see it. Could it possibly be a little nod to him, probably not, but still cool, though.
To answer your question, I need to hear some characters speak before we get into the announcer/crowd. So the answer is no idea.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That new effect gives me an "Giygas" feeling. It's Red and Black and strikes fear when you see it. Could it possibly be a little nod to him, probably not, but still cool, though.
To answer your question, I need to hear some characters speak before we get into the announcer/crowd. So the answer is no idea.
It could be a nod to Zoroark, Shadow, or Yyvetal. :troll:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

I was going to comment on this. I really, really like this to death. And having the scream that plays make it all more epic.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

This all day. Not only does the effect look awesome, sort of like a black lightning bolt, but this bodes well for the KO scream to return, which in my opinion is a great noise after stringing together a long combo to finish or laying down a huge smash. Its very satisfying hearing that noise.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's going on? Anything interesting to talk about? I've seen the new picture, showing the red and black effect when you land a heavy blow on an enemy. But for some reason, when it's posted on the site, I still see Mario with the new Ray Gun design. I think the official site's images might be messed up. So for anyone who wants to see it, I've saved the current one and posted it here.(Hope it works)
daily.jpg

Also, again, what's the current topic? Wait, the image fixed itself.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good Afternoon all, hope you're doing well. Well, I'm out earlier than expected and I must say the new Black/Red Shadow bolt is a very nice touch to the visual style of the game, almost giving me vibes of the Focus Attack in Street Fighter 4...or Crimson Viper in MVC3 whatever, regardless it's very nice. I just wonder though...will it change colors depending on what player you are? For example, it's red and black because maybe it's the first player being beaten, or it's the first player landing the blow. If it's the second player, maybe it's blue, as well as yellow and Green for third and fourth players.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Fixed this for you.
Why can't he be different like with a character like Dixie Kong? She has enough to be different with her hair.
Dr. Mario can be differentiated to make use of the pills more differently, such as red pills burning, blue pills freezing, and yellow pills paralyzing. Although if the team managed to finish all their original newcomers, I can see all planned clones being alt. costumes.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why can't he be different like with a character like Dixie Kong? She has enough to be different with her hair.
Dr. Mario can be differentiated to make use of the pills more differently, such as red pills burning, blue pills freezing, and yellow pills paralyzing. Although if the team managed to finish all their original newcomers, I can see all planned clones being alt. costumes.
Because Dr. Mario is actually Mario.
It's a little different than Dixie Kong or Toon Link. Dr. Mario has a similar size, weight, everything to Mario. A few texture changes to Mario when the alt costume is on wouldn't be that hard to do (pills for fireballs, sheet for cape, and I have no idea what FLUDD could be really).
Maybe you're right, but only for FLUDD.

Edit: And don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Mario, but if he gets in the way of an original character or another Mario character then I may not love him as much.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I love Dr. Mario, but if he gets in the way of an original character or another Mario character then I may not love him as much.
I love him unconditionally. DON'T YOU!? DON'T YOU LOVE YOUR OWN GODDAMN SON!!!!!!!!!! Woah, I think I got a little carried away there.

Anyway, the whole costume or character is really freaking debatable because it all depends on how each fan feels about it. I don't think Mario wearing a doctor outfit and retaining fire, fludd, and coins (even if he had coins in melee, but that was just not seen as important to remove I guess.) feels right. Yeah, he's a clone and a big one at that, yeah he's just a change of clothing when you get down to it character wise. But, I think it's a good idea because it brings back a character that people loved in Melee and it takes little time. He can be majorly revamped considering this isn't melee and I don't know if the whole "Link" rule applies.

I don't care if it pisses off clone hater fans that he gets in. **** them anyway. :)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think that if Mario happens to get an alt, it would be Dr. Mario.
If Sakurai confirms that Mario DOESN'T have alts, Dr. Mario's playable chances will skyrocket.
inb4 he talks about it in an interview.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Good Afternoon all, hope you're doing well. Well, I'm out earlier than expected and I must say the new Black/Red Shadow bolt is a very nice touch to the visual style of the game, almost giving me vibes of the Focus Attack in Street Fighter 4...or Crimson Viper in MVC3 whatever, regardless it's very nice. I just wonder though...will it change colors depending on what player you are? For example, it's red and black because maybe it's the first player being beaten, or it's the first player landing the blow. If it's the second player, maybe it's blue, as well as yellow and Green for third and fourth players.
BIGGER BEEEEEWBZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?????????????

Smash Master
Had a dream last night that Young Link was confirmed as a returning veteran. As a result, I made a video about it (like I do) and talked about the possibility of every and any character returning from Brawl AND Melee.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Had a dream last night that Young Link was confirmed as a returning veteran. As a result, I made a video about it (like I do) and talked about the possibility of every and any character returning from Brawl AND Melee.
I think that those chances are very low.
When you consider Mewtwo, they are high, but then you remember Roy and Dr. Mario, and you're like, okay it's possible, and then Pichu and you say "Hmm..."
And then you get to Young Link and say "Forget this, I don't want 3 Links."

?????????????

Smash Master
I think that those chances are very low.
When you consider Mewtwo, they are high, but then you remember Roy and Dr. Mario, and you're like, okay it's possible, and then Pichu and you say "Hmm..."
And then you get to Young Link and say "Forget this, I don't want 3 Links."
I got it.

All the Brawl characters return: 35 characters
All the Melee cut characters return: 40 characters
10 Newcomers: 50 characters

Perfect.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I made a representation of what an all veteran roster may look like. (obviously with the exception of purely cut characters.) Please excuse the lack of Mii.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
BIGGER BEEEEEWBZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shinko wa, kono ichi naka ni ushinawareta​
I got it.

Perfect.
that would actally be perfect, (except the inclusion of dr. Mario and young link, I don't want those two to return personally)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I got it.

Perfect.

If that were so, we'd be missing 7 characters for reveal. Assuming the "leak" is true, add Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii to that. Add King K. Rool, Palutena and Ridley, only 1 character left.

Who is it, my dear theorists?

?????????????

Smash Master
If that were so, we'd be missing 7 characters for reveal. Assuming the "leak" is true, add Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii to that. Add King K. Rool, Palutena and Ridley, only 1 character left.

Who is it, my dear theorists?
Chrom :awesome:

Young Link has no chance to return now that we know Toon Link is in again, even Pichu is more likely to come back than he is.
I actually WOULDN'T mind Young Link if they did something really interesting with his moveset. Like if it were Link to the Past based with Pegasus Boots and Hammer, or a Majora's Mask based Link.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Ignore my signature, the only characters I'm 90% sure will get in are:

Chrom or Tharja, they both have to fight it out. Chrom is the main character of Awakening, Tharja was so much more popular that she's getting a Figma instead of him, and was voted most popular character.

Rosalina, all these recent appearences, along with the fact Galaxy wasn't along by the time Brawl released, means she's most likely to get in there.

Palutena, Sakurai made Kid Icarus Uprising, and showing it first in the trailer means it's important to Smash Bros, meaning there must be more the 1 rep.

There may be more I can't think of right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom