• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Being important to the series. Masahiro gives move sets, but he only takes important characters.
Rosalina more important than Bowser Jr.?

Heck no.

Jr. is practically the secondary antagonist of the franchise. Rosalina's most important roles are in the two Galaxy games, and 3D World. Jr. has made far more appearances as the secondary antagonist, and arguably the main one in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros.

?????????????

Smash Master
I just don't think I've seen any evidence on why Diddy would make it back, and I review everything. For Bowser Jr., just look at his name. He's shadowed by Bowser, and he's not very important.
1.) You can say that about any newcomer from Brawl. Maybe Meta Knight shouldn't return. No evidence on why he would make it back. No evidence against it either. But you know what's a pretty darn good indication? The fact that we will have had 3 new Donkey Kong titles that star Diddy alongside DK since Brawl's creation.

2.) Toon Link.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Did you review that he's highly requested, Donkey Kong's sidekick, a second DK character, and maybe one of the most important Nintendo characters on the roster!? He's a shoo in. He can't leave. What would even possess you to consider that?

Just like Wario is overshadowed by Mario because it's the same name with an upside down "M". As in not at all.

Oh, but Rosalina is!?!?
Yes, she is. None of that evidence is recent, and Wario isn't shadowed by Mario. He has his own games, and his name stands for "Bad Mario", which happens to be the same as Mario except with a W.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
because you love us and this site:awesome:
and probably because its better than the fanbases on youtube, gamefaqs, miiverse,ect.

I try to make intelligent talk on Miiverse, see?

Yet some people are too stupid to comprehend what I say, or just tell me "that's stupid."

They all loved the Mudkip one my 9-year old brother drew, though.

Smashboards is far more intelligent, trolls barely arrive.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
1.) You can say that about any newcomer from Brawl. Maybe Meta Knight shouldn't return. No evidence on why he would make it back. No evidence against it either. But you know what's a pretty darn good indication? The fact that we will have had 3 new Donkey Kong titles that star Diddy alongside DK since Brawl's creation.

2.) Toon Link.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Diddy won't make it. I'm saying there's no evidence he's being confirmed soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just don't think I've seen any evidence on why Diddy would make it back, and I review everything. For Bowser Jr., just look at his name. He's shadowed by Bowser, and he's not very important.
**** you, he'll be back.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Just because you say that doesn't mean it'll happen. I've been reviewing everything for countless months, and he's not being confirmed next month.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Diddy is obviously going to return, whoever thinks otherwise is entirely too silly. He's clearly the secondary character of the DK series, and he's been playable in nearly every game since DKC. Not to mention all his appearances in Mario spin-offs, or his own spin-offs. Or the fact that he was one of the most popular requests for Brawl in every region.

I'm a bit confused as what evidence there is to the contrary.

Seems like hitting your head against the wall would be a better use of time and energy. :smirk:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I also noticed your slightly new here!
*you're

First of all, there is no Galaxy 3.
Yes there is.

Rosalina more important than Bowser Jr.?

Heck no.

Jr. is practically the secondary antagonist of the franchise. Rosalina's most important roles are in the two Galaxy games, and 3D World. Jr. has made far more appearances as the secondary antagonist, and arguably the main one in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros.
Agreed.
Sadly, Toad's chances are low at the moment, so the next best Mario character would either be Bowser Jr. or Waluigi.

Also, I can't believe people are actually doubting Diddy's chances of returning.

----

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"lololol Sakurai only takes important characters, thats why hes cutting Diddy"

Am I dreaming, or is this actually the conversation I'm waking up to on here??

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Diddy won't make it. I'm saying there's no evidence he's being confirmed soon.
You should've made that more clear in the first place, because it sounded like you thought he wouldn't be returning to Smash

I just don't think I've seen any evidence on why Diddy would make it back

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Yet some people are too stupid to comprehend what I say, or just tell me "that's stupid."
They all loved the Mudkip one my 9-year old brother drew, though.

Smashboards is far more intelligent, trolls barely arrive.
YAY! Miiverse needs more Waddle Dee!
You need to do more of this.
The Mudkip is funny XD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pre-Brawl times are back.

Diddy was easily the most deserving character to enter Brawl, maybe togheter with King Dedede but the fact that MetaKnight also got in makes me say that Diddy was THE most deserving Newcomer in Brawl period.

Yes, go suck on a banana or something Sonic. He was a very late addition with the lamest moveset possible anyway.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The idea that Sakurai is trying to make as few cuts as possible and that Diddy would never, ever be one of those cuts is reason enough to consider him a lock for the game, individual credentials aside. All he has to worry about is being potentially bogged down by that awful duo mechanic.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As far as I'm concerned there's never really been a solid argument against Diddy, him being totally excluded in Melee (likely due to legal reasons) is understandable, but even in those times, while not at the top of the list, his inclusion still would've been warranted, at least more than a good handful of the characters that did end up included. It's pretty safe to say he's going to be a series staple, even if/when the series gets a reboot or re-imagining.

Plus he was the first character I really wanted to see included that actually did get included. :grin:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yes, she is. None of that evidence is recent, and Wario isn't shadowed by Mario. He has his own games, and his name stands for "Bad Mario", which happens to be the same as Mario except with a W.
So Rosalina (a character with a low amount of appearances and roles in the mainstream series.) is more important than Bowser Jr (a character with like 20 appearances and several very important roles in the mainstream series and even more spin off appearances.) and now sharing only part of your name is suddenly an issue.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong beyond belief.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Pre-Brawl times are back.

Diddy was easily the most deserving character to enter Brawl, maybe togheter with King Dedede but the fact that MetaKnight also got in makes me say that Diddy was THE most deserving Newcomer in Brawl period.

Yes, go suck on a banana or something Sonic. He was a very late addition with the lamest moveset possible anyway.

I agree, even though I wasn't part of the pre-Brawl times :laugh:. As I see it, Sonic wasn't deserving until Snake came in. Diddy was before Brawl was in development. Same with Wario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The idea that Sakurai is trying to make as few cuts as possible and that Diddy would never, ever be one of those cuts is reason enough to consider him a lock for the game, individual credentials aside. All he has to worry about is being potentially bogged down by that awful duo mechanic.
In which case, he would've been tagged with Donkey Kong ever since the reveal. Cause a Diddy / Dixie tag team most likely won't happen cause you can't do this in Tropical Freeze.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've hated the idea of Diddy/Dixie team in Smash since I first saw it brought up.

They have enough differences to get in as seperate characters, and Diddy players would have to drastically change their strategies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings

GOD FORBID, PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY AS THESE CHARACTERS! HOW DARE THEY WANT!
It's funny though, because Mudkip would actually happen if we had Hoeen Trainer along with Grovyle and Blaziken.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I think the Diddy/Dixie tag mechanic is one idea Sakurai won't end up revisiting. It just hinders both characters' potential too much, they deserve to be on their own.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've hated the idea of Diddy/Dixie team in Smash since I first saw it brought up.

They have enough differences to get in as seperate characters, and Diddy players would have to drastically change their strategies.
This, plus the fact that the duo requires the developers to put in all the work they ordinarily would on solo Dixie, plus a lot more, given the time needed to work out the mechanics of the characters following each other around and interacting during moves. That time could be far better spent elsewhere...decloning Ganondorf, for example.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

One thing I'll have to admit though... We Diddy players will have it just as hard if the notorious Down B would be replaced to.

Agree though with everything.

Also, if Ice Climbers already would've had any trouble being ported to the 3DS version, what gives he would go with the extra trouble that is Diddy / Dixie tagteam?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GOD FORBID, PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY AS THESE CHARACTERS! HOW DARE THEY WANT!
It's funny though, because Mudkip would actually happen if we had Hoeen Trainer along with Grovyle and Blaziken.

My little brother is a huge Pokemon fan, so I found him posting that. It's actually pretty cool that some people were nice and Yeah!-ed it. Hoenn Trainer would be great, it'd be funny to see my little brother's reaction. But, people are too judgy nowadays. I respect people's opinions, and I'll tell them my opinion nicely. Others shove it down their throats. Point: Nintendog. I'm fine with the idea (I came up with it), but people constantly yell at me for how stupid it is and why I'm stupid, others will tell me politely why they think Nintendog won't get in. I respect them. Not the screaming banshees.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
My little brother is a huge Pokemon fan, so I found him posting that. It's actually pretty cool that some people were nice and Yeah!-ed it. Hoenn Trainer would be great, it'd be funny to see my little brother's reaction. But, people are too judgy nowadays. I respect people's opinions, and I'll tell them my opinion nicely. Others shove it down their throats. Point: Nintendog. I'm fine with the idea (I came up with it), but people constantly yell at me for how stupid it is and why I'm stupid, others will tell me politely why they think Nintendog won't get in. I respect them. Not the screaming banshees.
If you look at my roster, you'll notice that I've included the Hoenn Trainer, as by the time SSB4 will be out, we may have the Generation 3 remakes out by then, or maybe 2015/2016 if Pokemon Z comes out first. Anyways, here's my roster from the Display thread now here, and open for criticism:
image.jpg

Fire away.
Edit: I just realized that I forgot to change Zoroark as I don't really see it happening anymore to another Pokémon... I'll get to fixing it as soon as I can.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know, but I'm just saying my brother would go nuts if some form of Mudkip appeared.
Haha yeah, as would many. And to be honest, the Hoenn Trainer with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken probably is the best candidate for a secondary Trainer. Won't ever end up happening though.

I think the most to hope for is that short clip a few months back with Lucario and Blaziken turns out to be a fighter. Because there's a lot of potential with an amount of Pokemon that Smash will never be able to fully touch on.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Just because you say that doesn't mean it'll happen. I've been reviewing everything for countless months, and he's not being confirmed next month.
I just want to say that you're not Sakurai. Were people expecting Luigi in August, Peach and Toon Link in September, and Marth earlier this month? No.

Sure, Diddy will probably not be revealed for a little while, at least until maybe January/February to promote TF, but I'm not ruling out anything. He could show up next week to give early support for TF for all we know. There's really no point in predicting reveals, because Sakurai has actually done very well being unpredictable:
  • Olimar: He was the first reveal. When did people actually start expecting reveals?
  • Luigi: Sakurai duped us and gave us a fake pic. And he showed off a veteran secret character at a DIRECT.
  • Peach: At this point we expected characters would be revealed to coincide with releases. Then we got Peach. Bombshell.
  • Toon Link: Simply for being in the game was a huge surprise, also the fact he was shown off so early.
  • Sonic: The fact that 3rd Party guests were returning, that Sakurai duped us again with a fake pic, and the fact that most people were expecting him in late October instead of the first day.
  • Marth: No coincidence. He was simply randomly revealed. No one saw this coming.
I expect every reveal after these to follow a similar pattern. Like, I expect Zelda will be promoting ALBW, but I have no idea how and when she will be revealed (though I expect sometime soon).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokken Fighters.

Should solve anything, if it ever sees the light of course.

Untill then:

:pikachu2::jigglypuff::pt:(:squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:):lucario::mewtwopm:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Diddy will likely be revealed in February.
Meta Knight or Dedede (my bet is Dedede) will probably be January.
I'm curious. Like I know for certain games Sakurai will reveal a character alongside it, but I feel he's going to be even more unpredictable than he already has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom