• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
between the 2 I definitely played Lucas more in Brawl. both are fantastic characters though.
Ness has a better Aerial game than Lucas and arguably a better PK Fire, but other than that I would give Lucas the edge. Still don't get why Lucas is under Ness in the American Tier list though. Ness & Lucas teams are fun as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
I like Ness and Lucas equally.
I like Lucas WAY more, he has the better hair. Better hair entails that Lucas has more swag. Ness is boring to me, Lucas really fixed up the detriment of his move-set in my opinion. It does seem weird to like one over the other because of their overt similarities. However, I digress, Lucas is boss.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I like Lucas WAY more, he has the better hair. Better hair entails that Lucas has more swag. Ness is boring to me, Lucas really fixed up the detriment of his move-set in my opinion. It does seem weird to like one over the other because of their overt similarities. However, I digress, Lucas is boss.

My reason for preferring Lucas over Ness is the fact that PK Thunder is easier to use as a recovery with Lucas (but it's still difficult for me somehow), I find PK Freeze better than PK Flash, stronger Smash Attacks and my emotional ties to Mother 3.

Morbi

Scavenger
My reason for preferring Lucas over Ness is the fact that PK Thunder is easier to use as a recovery with Lucas (but it's still difficult for me somehow), I find PK Freeze better than PK Flash, stronger Smash Attacks and my emotional ties to Mother 3.
At least you have real reasons, haha. I do think he is the better character overall, his play-style is much easier to adapt to in my opinion, but it is mostly the hair. Not even going to lie.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Still don't get why Lucas is under Ness in the American Tier list though.
Simple.

He lacks the ability to kill, something Ness does better. Lucas may have powerful smash attacks, but they are too telegraphed and Lucas relies heavily on them. Ness meanwhile has more options, such as his aerials and throws, making Ness more reliable.

Though despite the clear differences in attacks, both characters follow similar pros and cons.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
As most of you know,:lucas:is my main next to Ike, back in Melee I sucked using :ness:, but Brawl:lucas:is my best characters, he put in the strengths I needed to use that type of character, I use both now, but I'm still way, way better as:lucas:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is anyone else sad that we got a Bowser rehaul, but not a Toon Link?

D

Deleted member

I personally like Ness more; both as a Smash character and as a character in general. His attacks and throws are always something that has satisfied me.
I'm glad that Bowser got a rehaul since he reflects himself from the Mario games more. I'm still bummed out that Toon Link doesn't have any new or distinctive attacks yet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm glad that Bowser got a rehaul since he reflects himself from the Mario games more. I'm still bummed out that Toon Link doesn't have any new or distinctive attacks yet.

Sakura (and/or Namco) must see this game as a fighting game if Bowser gets a new moveset because he sucks, but TLink stays the same despite him being.. well.. "the same" as Link.

I'm sad we got Toon Link at all.
Agreed. Tingle plz nao. Or Majora. Or Ghirahim. Or. or. or.. anyone else.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Simple.

He lacks the ability to kill, something Ness does better. Lucas may have powerful smash attacks, but they are too telegraphed and Lucas relies heavily on them. Ness meanwhile has more options, such as his aerials and throws, making Ness more reliable.

Though despite the clear differences in attacks, both characters follow similar pros and cons.
Lucas himself has pretty good throws, his Down throw being the best as for his smashes it depends his Fsmash is pretty fast his others are a little slow and a better player could avoid them. Lucas does have some tricky moves that can kill someone like his Ftilt or PSI magnet, but yea they both have flaws the biggest being their really slow grab release frames, hopefully that isn't overlooked this time....

Times to post this: 3

D

Deleted member

I still think :bowser2: needs to spit fireballs instead of having a flamethrower-like fire.
I have this idea for Bowser (which I bet numerous other people have thought) where if you tap the B button, Bowser will spit out a fireball. If you hold it down, Bowser will use his fire breath for a short period of time. It would cover some good long and close range distance for Bowser.

EDIT: "short people of time"
WOW! How did I make an error like that?!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Project M staff at one point experimented with Bowser shooting out fireballs instead of a stream of fire, but it was never fully implemented because it made Bowser too powerful and deviated from Bowser's role of being an potent tank.

D

Deleted member

I'm sad we got Toon Link at all.
I heavily agree with this. When I saw his Pic of the Day, I just kept on saying "Huh? What? Really?"
Toon Link was the character that I wanted to get cut the most. He's just… another Link. He is taking up a spot for a more potential newcomer in my opinion.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Eh, I'm over it. As long as I can D-Air my way to victory, I'm good. I just wish F-Smash was Skull Hammer and U-Air was a glide entrance using the Deku Leaf. Hopefully, we'll see Ganondorf, and a bit of Falco change too.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser's flamethrower is fine. He is a fighting machine that you do not want to trade punches with (which is exactly what Bowser wants to do). His quick dodges and slightly faster run will help him propel himself into the heat of battle.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eh, I'm over it. As long as I can D-Air my way to victory, I'm good. I just wish F-Smash was Skull Hammer and U-Air was a glide entrance using the Deku Leaf. Hopefully, we'll see Ganondorf, and a bit of Falco change too.

Dream on little dreamer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I see Toon Link getting hated on...

BRB gonna get my flamethrower. :awesome:

ANYWAY I'm fine with Toon Link how he is although I would've loved it if he was Luigi-fied a bit more.

D

Deleted member

Did Smashboards go down for anybody else too? Weird.
Yes. SmashBoards went down a couple of times for me as well.
"Smashing is for consoles, not for servers!"
Hopefully Lucas, Falco, and Pikachu are changed.

And Ganondorf.
I will be heavily disappointed if Ganondorf didn't get an original moveset… especially when Bowser and Pit got changes when they didn't need them. (but they are welcome) I mean… he's GANONDORF! The King of Evil deserves better treatment in the Smash Bros. universe.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
It went down for me too, and it was on 2 different computers since one broke down (completely unrelated, I had the crashing problem earlier)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Toon Link isn't that cool. He's actually voted for less than like, five potential newcomers on my poll.

Pretty much Mewtwo, K Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, Roy, Krystal > TLink

and don't EVEN get me started on Lucario.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

I don't know why people constantly bash Toon Link because he's a "clone". Tell me, Toon Link haters, if Luigi didn't receive Green Missile and Mario kept the Mario Tornado, and they both had the same Final Smash, would you want to cut Luigi? Even if he was a Original 12? Toon Link has importance to the Zelda series, as a representation of the child Links, and the cel-shaded Zelda games. He's how you do a clone right: Faster but weaker, while Link was slower yet stronger. Now, I want Toon Link to change a bit as well, but I certainly don't think he should be cut for Young Link, Classic Link or whatever. Toon Link will stay through every Smash from now on, mark my words, because he's earned his spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom