• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's getting better, but still disorganized in some parts.

Move Daisy and Bowser Jr. over to the other Mario characters on the left and put all the Sonic characters beside Eggman on the right. Move Yoshi and Wario to the left near the DK characters.
Put Banjo and Kazooie on the right with the other third-parties.

Also, lol @ Ganondorf beside Captain Falcon.

-----

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not saying she won't be included. It's entirely possible that she will, if she becomes at least a semi-clone, but I have a hard time trying to find out how to make her different enough from Zelda to not be a clone, which makes me somewhat skeptical.
Toon Link didn't have to be entirely, or even notably different from Link to be included, did he? Toon Zelda was planned previously, even if just for fluff Sakurai obviously was fine giving her a semi-cloned moveset, so even if you have trouble picturing it, he doesn't, and that's what matters. It's not always all about being original and dissimilar. In fact oftentimes a character's chances increase because they aren't original and because they are similar, despite what Sakurai has said. He's added clones (or semi-clones) in each game so far. Maybe he won't this time, but it's not like there's no precedent.

In the series, yes, but as of now, I think Tetra has a slight edge because of her importance in WWHD and Phantom Hourglass.

My fault, must have forgot about the remake at the time, however, I believe Tetra has more importance in WW than Zelda does from what I've seen in the Hyrule Historia and on the internet itself, but I will see once I get a Wii U.
But that character is still Toon Zelda, Tetra is just a facet of her. She's not the main form, and even if less original Toon Zelda still has the edge over Tetra due to overall larger impact to the series, plus the fact that she was planned, and yes, even being a relatively easy potential clone is a boon for her. Obviously there's a more than decent chance she might transform into Tetra, but we're not going to get the transformation without the default. We wouldn't get Sheik without getting Zelda.

?????????????

Smash Master
Dark Train deconfirmed.

Despite the possibility of Dark Train having a really unique moveset, and the possibly being the first ever "train" character in SSB, he was just too big.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Dark Train deconfirmed.

Despite the possibility of Dark Train having a really unique moveset, and the possibly being the first ever "train" character in SSB, he was just too big.
Nuh uh! Looking at Sakurai's quote he only hinted that his speed would be an issue, he never said anything about size.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Maybe if a single user starts propagandizing Yuga hardcore, people will get the hype ball rolling by claiming he(?) has "moderate popularity."

Also, happy Turkey Day, everyone (in the U.S.)!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hopefully people realize that support means nothing at this stage in development, and thus I won't have to look at AnorexicDorf too much.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You have clearly never seen this fanbase before.
Oh, I know what's going on with all these support threads. I was just trying to make an indirect "If you make a Yuga support thread you're a ****ing idiot" hint.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I know what's going on with all these support threads. I was just trying to make an indirect "If you make a Yuga support thread you're a ****ing idiot" hint.
Someone is eventually going to make it, then quickly get buried under everything else.

And not a single **** was given that day.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was joking.
I don't really want Yuga in at all.
I have made a few stupid threads though...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Up until this point, you we're being subtle. ;)

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 4781

I did not see any comments on my roster, so here it is again. The ones in the right are possible DLC characters.
I really like this one. I appreciate including five Mario reps (Toad specifically earns points from me), four Donkey Kong reps, everyone from Brawl, and possible DLC.

My only objection is the lack of Mii if you are assuming the E3 rumor/leak is true, and the lack of a 5th Zelda Rep. It doesn't feel right for Zelda to have as many reps as Donkey Kong. What do you think about Toon Ganondorf or Classic Ganon?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I like the inclusion of Toad,you are a true supporter.
I don't understand why Toad supporters have lost faith. Sakurai posts one image of Peach using Toad as a neutral special and people keep believing in him. Sakurai posts a picture of that a second time and everyone thinks Toad is deconfirmed. That is nonsense.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I don't understand why Toad supporters have lost faith. Sakurai posts one image of Peach using Toad as a neutral special and people keep believing in him. Sakurai posts a picture of that a second time and everyone thinks Toad is deconfirmed. That is nonsense.
It's basically Pyrosphere syndrome all over again...one thing shown/said, everything is instantly assumed. It's not that old and quite predictable.

Oh wait...Yadda yadda yadda, hai everyone hope you're doing good, blah blah blah, Negativity this and that, jibber jabber jabber, I iz so negative about everything. Almost forgot the most crucial parts...Goddammit, resetting my sleeping patterns is taking more of a toll on my mind than I thought. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai posts a picture of that a second time and everyone thinks Toad is deconfirmed. That is nonsense.
Thing is, the picture was shown on the release on Super Mario 3D World, which was probably the best time to showcase Toad as a newcomer. I think this was what demoralized the fanbase.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I really like this one. I appreciate including five Mario reps (Toad specifically earns points from me), four Donkey Kong reps, everyone from Brawl, and possible DLC.

My only objection is the lack of Mii if you are assuming the E3 rumor/leak is true, and the lack of a 5th Zelda Rep. It doesn't feel right for Zelda to have as many reps as Donkey Kong. What do you think about Toon Ganondorf or Classic Ganon?
I was going to include Mii but tought the roster was too big already. For Zelda I can't think of any logical choice, Toon Zelda would be good because she could be a last-minute clone but there are better choices for that such as Roy or Dr. Mario. Toon Ganondorf or Classic Ganon? No.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, the picture was shown on the release on Super Mario 3D World, which was probably the best time to showcase Toad as a newcomer. I think this was what demoralized the fanbase.
This is what I have to say to such Toad supporters:

So what? Now is not the time to reveal new characters. A better time would be during major video game events when the press is paying attention. A better method would not be from a website that updates with boring pictures on most days, but with a batch of other new characters in the form of a trailer.

There are still veterans that need to be confirmed. They can get away with a quiet reveal. Furthermore, we can't rely on the website to promote every new Nintendo game with a character reveal. Pokemon and Zelda had major releases, but no character reveals as well.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me for being half asleep and not realizing the reference but...what?
Lucas being revealed, "We've never gotten another character like Ness, up until now", people claiming Lucas replaced Ness because that was intentionally planned to begin with, mass hysteria ensues, later turns out to be worrying over nothing.

Do you even Brawl speculation?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Lucas being revealed, "We've never gotten another character like Ness, up until now", people claiming Lucas replaced Ness because that was intentionally planned to begin with, mass hysteria ensues, later turns out to be worrying over nothing.

Do you even Brawl speculation?
Again, pardon me being half-asleep and not being able to remember a quote posted over 5 years ago on a site I rarely visited about a character I didn't really care for at the time. And trust me, I've heard enough stories from both you and others to know that it was bad, that doesn't need to be repeated.

In short, those years weren't kind to me so no...I didn't speculate during Brawl's development cycle.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Again, pardon me being half-asleep and not being able to remember a quote posted over 5 years ago on a site I rarely visited about a character I didn't really care for at the time. And trust me, I've heard enough stories from both you and others to know that it was bad, that doesn't need to be repeated.

In short, those years weren't kind to me so no...I didn't speculate during Brawl's development cycle.
Well that particular situation is very historical in a sense, because it shows that you shouldn't look into things that aren't there. You should only believe in what you actually see, not what you merely think. Hence why the people believing that Ridley is a hazard are being way too rash over the whole thing, and should only believe it if it actually happens.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Again, pardon me being half-asleep and not being able to remember a quo..........
Sorry I'm too distracted by your profile pic. BEEEEEEWBSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Hence why the people believing that Ridley is a hazard playable character are being way too rash over the whole thing, and should only believe it if it actually happens.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The sad thing about "up until now" is that it helped instill this sense of "recency only" in the community that never fully faded away even after Ness was revealed. Never mind that Lucas got a not insignificant number of requests in Sakurai's journal and was the logical next choice for Mother anyways...

Even though fans should have pushed for Porky for being a great recurring character within the series who couldn't possibly be a semi-clone...tut tut.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The sad thing about "up until now" is that it helped instill this sense of "recency only" in the community that never fully faded away even after Ness was revealed. Never mind that Lucas got a not insignificant number of requests in Sakurai's journal and was the logical next choice for Mother anyways...
The only time that "recency" argument holds water is for series that cycles through many characters. Like Fire Emblem and Pokemon, which makes sense considering there are like hundreds of characters and you need some sort of method to boil down the choices. However it doesn't hold water for many series out there. Like Super Mario Bros., Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom