• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Nemesis vs Jigglypuff XDD
I'd rather see Nemesis and Wario battle it out as rivals...who can be more grotesque? Then again I think everyone is in their proper place as rivals against one another (All Rivals are on opposite ends from each other) Some are self-explanatory, some need clarification by playing the actual games.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Polls done by users of this forum (or anyone that's not a well known and respected institution) hardly qualify as credible sources, no matter how many Japanese people Shortie claimed to have talked to.

But I'll back down. Let's reminisce over Wario Blast. That's a much better use of our time. I can't tell you how many matches I've played as Toon Link against Wario trying to reenact the magic of that game. Good times.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Wow, I hate myself for missing reminiscing time.

Wanna see one of my first rosters ever? Put on some sunglasses because it's really ****ty and might burn your eyes. Keep in mind that this was YEARS ago. This was before Pokemon X & Y was officially revealed, before Konami bought out Bomberman, and Fire Emblem Awakening was just new and I misinterpreted a translation of Chrom's official name.
View attachment 4758
It's....actually not that bad for the most part.
I like the pixelated characters icons and the 4 FE slots.

-Leif instead of Roy is odd, even though he was originally considered to be the Marth clone.

-No second Metroid character (Ridley)

-Magnus as the second KI character is a little odd, but not by much.

-Sonic and Tails as a tag team?

-Little Mac's sprite....
just...what?

-Kromo... SchAlt said it best.

-Metal Mario is kinda cool. I wouldn't mind if he was in, just as long as he was based on his SSB64 version, and if he didn't take the place of any other newcomers.
----

Anyway, here's my first post. http://smashboards.com/threads/dung...le-support-thread.335668/page-2#post-15517091
I thought of joining this place earlier, but never got around to it.

I thank Legendofrob for bringing me here from this dA page.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Reptiles-For-Smash-371487244

Kinda stupid how I'm "reminiscing" over stuff from a few months ago when some members have been here for years.

----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Polls done by users of this forum (or anyone that's not a well known and respected institution) hardly qualify as credible sources
Well, polls are going to be credible sources anywhere because it's only people with awareness of access to that site along with the motive to give a **** whether you vote or not.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Just a random question, but why don't too many people support Vaati? I've wondered about that for a while now and I a haven't been able to think of any good reasons.
Maybe because he is not popular or likely and the most popular option for a Zelda newcomer is Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Personally,I don't want a Zelda newcomer.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Well, polls are going to be credible sources anywhere because it's only people with awareness of access to that site along with the motive to give a **** whether you vote or not.
I have valid counterpoints, but I already said I back down. I don't want us to get into an argument, it'd waste everyone's time and get neither one of us any closer to Bomberman. So, Happy Thanksgiving dude.

Morbi

Scavenger
Did you just call polls credible evidence? Dear god...

Just a random question, but why don't too many people support Vaati? I've wondered about that for a while now and I a haven't been able to think of any good reasons.
Mostly because Tingle/Impa/Toon Zelda have more going for them. Trust me, I do not think that Impa or Toon Zelda have a reasonable chance, but they are certainly more likely than Vaati in my opinion.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I think its because most people don't really support any Zelda newcomer, and those who do support tingle or tetra/toon Zelda, . . . . unless you are part of the causal crowd, then they support ghirahim
Edit: times attempted to post this: 7 F***ing times! seriously?!?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Toon Zelda/Tetra and Tingle have much more going for them than Vaati to my knowledge, at least in term of likeliness. I'm not sure about Impa though.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I don't see why they don't just give us Tingle already. He can't really be that much more bizarre than how Wario came out. He's recognizable enough that he'd honestly fit in. And who knows, he may be a breakout hit that no one saw coming, like Ivysaur was.

Honestly though, I would prefer and like to see Vaati make it in. Zelda deserves another character whether it's fair or not to give them another one.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I don't see why they don't just give us Tingle already. He can't really be that much more bizarre than how Wario came out. He's recognizable enough that he'd honestly fit in. And who knows, he may be a breakout hit that no one saw coming, like Ivysaur was.

Honestly though, I would prefer and like to see Vaati make it in. Zelda deserves another character whether it's fair or not to give them another one.

Also he was an AT

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think its fine to have the triforce trio+ young link (toon link) because of that iconic rule.

We really don't need one offs like ghirahim or vatti. tingle is werid, at least wario is somewhat funny and had his own games, tingle is just an obsessed fairy creeper. Even if he were in, his main thing would be balloons, which feels like another balloon fighter. imo he's fine as a AT

Espio264

Smash Ace
Also he was an AT
And I think for this very reason, along with Isaac, Little Mac, Waluigi and *cough* *cough* I guess *cough* Starfy *cough*, he belongs in the small group that should be considered to make the jump to the roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Switch Tharja with Chrom if you'd like (Which I wouldn't), and try and tell me this isn't the best Nintendo Only roster?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well we get WW HD and the amazingly useful tingle bottle, they were actually trying to reach the fans through him...

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
This is semi-related to ScatmansWorld25's question, but Minish Cap may be one of the most criminally underrated Zelda titles out there, if not the most. If you're a fan of handheld Zelda games on-the-go (or even Zelda in general), give Minish Cap a try (either through Gameboy Advance or emulation).

I think its fine to have the triforce trio+ young link (toon link) because of that iconic rule.

We really don't need one offs like ghirahim or vatti. tingle is werid, at least wario is somewhat funny and had his own games, tingle is just an obsessed fairy creeper. Even if he were in, his main thing would be balloons, which feels like another balloon fighter. imo he's fine as a AT

Technically, Tingle does have a plethora of rupees at his disposal, in addition to brawling, bombs, and the aforementioned balloons.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am actually an advocate of Tingle, I think he would be a great addition. He maintains Smash relevance as a background character and an assist trophy. He has notoriety in West and popularity in the East. Apparently he actually has his own spin-off series while also maintaining a prevalent reoccurring role in the Zelda franchise. He has personality in my opinion, this only serves to aid him in his endeavor of being playable. He sounds like a great gimmick in my opinion, I would feel comfortable comparing him to Wario.

Zelda might not NEED another playable character; however, Sakurai made an overt effort to include Toon Zelda (he was drunk). So Tingle is not entirely out of the question. The precedent was set, he is plausible in every way imaginable.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Because of course Tingle didn't have his own games, right?

Espio264

Smash Ace
I am actually an advocate of Tingle, I think he would be a great addition. He maintains Smash relevance as a background character and an assist trophy. He has notoriety in West and popularity in the East. Apparently he actually has his own spin-off series while also maintaining a prevalent reoccurring role in the Zelda franchise. He has personality in my opinion, this only serves to aid him in his endeavor of being playable. He sounds like a great gimmick in my opinion, I would feel comfortable comparing him to Wario.

Zelda might not NEED another playable character; however, Sakurai made an overt effort to include Toon Zelda (he was drunk). So Tingle is not entirely out of the question. The precedent was set, he is plausible in every way imaginable.
^ This. And really, would any of you question Tingle's inclusion once we've gotten a few more newcomers that make sense to be included in this game?

Switch Tharja with Chrom if you'd like (Which I wouldn't), and try and tell me this isn't the best Nintendo Only roster?
Put Toad in there and I'll say it.

" I guess I should be thankful..." :falcomelee:
I'm so gonna yell out "DO A BARREL ROLL!" after everyone's done eating tomorrow.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Technically, Tingle does have a plethora of rupees at his disposal, in addition to brawling, bombs, and the aforementioned balloons.
I still say he's fine as an AT

Because of course Tingle didn't have his own games, right?
I'm sorry I forgot about that one puzzle game he had, I don't follow tingle at all. the zelda roster is fine as is, people want him because "muh reps" when the zelda series is represented just fine, being an assist trophy suits him well.

Morbi

Scavenger
I still say he's fine as an AT

I'm sorry I forgot about that one puzzle game he had, I don't follow tingle at all. the zelda roster is fine as is, people want him because "muh reps" when the zelda series is represented just fine, being an assist trophy suits him well.
The thing is, Zelda would have had an additional 2 characters anyways, so it isn't entirely out of the question that we will get another one. Especially with the new 3DS game and the imminent announcement of Zelda Wii U (don't forget the remastered Wind Waker either).

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Imagine the Zelda series being represented by the Hero of Hyrule, the Hero of Winds, the Princess of Destiny, the King of Evil and a 35 year old man that thinks he's a fairy...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The thing is, Zelda would have had an additional 2 characters anyways, so it isn't entirely out of the question that we will get another one. Especially with the new 3DS game and the imminent announcement of Zelda Wii U (don't forget the remastered Wind Waker either).
It isn't, but if he was gonna go with a character he would go with toon zelda/tetra, at least she was actually planned for playable status.
Again, tingle is better suited as an AT.

Imo were fine with the zelda characters we have.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Maybe because he is not popular or likely and the most popular option for a Zelda newcomer is Toon Zelda/Tetra.
Personally,I don't want a Zelda newcomer.
Looking at the poll, Ghirihim and Skull Kid were the most wanted with Vaati in 3rd.

Toon Zelda/Tetra and Tingle have much more going for them than Vaati to my knowledge, at least in term of likeliness. I'm not sure about Impa though.
That's what I don't see, how are they more likely?

Thing is Vaati isn't a one-off.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And now here is my current roster, just to show how much it's grown

I'm still not fully content with the lack of Diskun and Nintendo Wars. Maybe I'll relace Issac with Infantry, what do you guys think?
I don't think Advance Wars will get a character this time tbh.
I'd replace Isaac, but with Shulk instead.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Imagine the Zelda series being represented by the Hero of Hyrule, the Hero of Winds, the Princess of Destiny, the King of Evil and a 35 year old man that thinks he's a fairy...

You mean Link, Link2, Captain Falcon2, Zelda, and that character that was in it once? Tingle's a better choice than Shiek by role/appearence and a better choice than Link2 by moveset.

We get it, you don't like Tingle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom