• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
This was my first post. (It's a long one). Hey everyone, I thought I'd come and post my predictions for SSB4's character roster. Everyone from Brawl comes back, they all deserve a spot on the roster and removing characters will just cause controversy and seeing how Sakurai stated there will be less newcomers this time around, so it would make sense to keep the veterans to compensate for that. I added Ridely, K Rool, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Shulk, Isaac, Megaman, and Pac-Man. I don't think I need to go into any detail explaining why. I added Chrom because of how much of an impact his game had, the series was starting to die off untill Awakening came and brought it back, selling very well, Intellegant Systems made sure to make this the biggest and greatest Fire Emblem yet, it was also a heavily advertised game. It also brought all the Fire Emblem characters together in this one game through DLC (which helps keep the game relvent). Chrom is also a very popular character and a commonly requested character for Smash. Some don't like the idea of multiple swordsman representing Fire Emblem, but there really isn't any non swordsman worth adding, so I thought of the idea of giving Ike a few moves with an axe and give Chrom a few moves with a lance (there main method of attack is still the sword). Seeing how Sakurai want's to make changes to previous characters I can see this happening. As for Roy, yeah he's popular but he hasn't been relevant in a long time, if he happens to have a very important role in the new Fire Emblem crossover I might consider him, but I'm pretty sure Marth and Chrom will play much bigger roles in that game. That being said I still really like Roy (I'd rather have him over Chrom) and I think he's a viable choice, I just feel Chrom has more going for him, all Roy has going for him is popularity... and fire I guess. Toon Zelda has played a major role in two games and so has Tetra. Some dislike the idea of another version of Zelda however having the unique Tetra is essentially a brand new character, definetly better then all the one time villains. With Mewtwo I have both forms, his original form is his default and when he transforms into the new form his stats change (ones more physically powerful, specially defensive, faster, etc.) and obtains a few different moves (revolving around the tail). Muddy Mole is my surprise character because other characters like the hunting dog wouldn't do, Sheriff I question how you can make him work, plus he looks generic and Sukapon was turned down. Muddy can represtent Miyamoto's lesser known characters, puzzle games and is a new GameBoy rep which is nice. I also heard that Sakurai hinted at Muddy, but I have no evidence to back this up. So that's my roster, what do you think?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Since we're sharing first posts:

Being a SoulCalibur player, I use the A+B controls a lot, and I'd support the A+B moves if Sakurai were to implement them. However, it isn't necessary, and it might prove to be two time-consuming to implement, though it could further serve to declone the semi-clones (Mario-Luigi, Ness-Lucas, Falcon-Ganon, Fox-Falco-Wolf, etc.) by adding in extra attacks that are different for both in the pair.

On another note, yay first post. :awesome:
Haha, I was a lot different in August, and I don't even play SoulCalibur anymore. I also mispelt "too", haha.

Times attempted to post this: 5
-Oh god, now I know how it feels...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Generally speaking, opinions do change overtime. It could be because of boredom, or research, or whatever. But keeping a consistent flow is a challenge, but I will say being persistent does show a form of passion. I will say being passionate about something is better then simply following a crowd.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, I got kind of bored and I made a random roster. Not meant to be taken seriously, of course. Tried to keep it around the size of UMvC3's roster.
NvC Roster Thing TKN.png

I already posted my actual roster earlier. Should be only a few pages back.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shulk wins

Funny way of spelling Isaac if you as me.

Though yeah, Shulk is a decent option to consider Saturn.

I need to have Diskun, Lip, Infantry, and Issac fight to the death for a spot on my roster.
Of those options that you went with though, I'd go with Isaac. I personally like him the most as it is. Lip and Infantry are decent choices too, each can offer something he haven't seen in Smash much. What kind of characters are you looking for? Like in terms of potential playstyle? I know it's a bit of weird question, I'm just interested that's all.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
I remember, before I even knew about Smashboards and the entire Smash community, I had no idea of what characters were really popular and requested and all of that stuff, and after Brawl came out and I unlocked everyone, I made my own dream roster with completely ridiculous ideas... I remember that I had like 5 or so Sonic characters, and like 8 Mario characters, 5 DK characters, and a bunch of other weird and dumb stuff...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember, before I even knew about Smashboards and the entire Smash community, I had no idea of what characters were really popular and requested and all of that stuff, and after Brawl came out and I unlocked everyone, I made my own dream roster with completely ridiculous ideas... I remember that I had like 5 or so Sonic characters, and like 8 Mario characters, 5 DK characters, and a bunch of other weird and dumb stuff...

Eh, happens to the best of us. I'm sure everybody's made some "out there" choices for character rosters.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Don't worry,this was one of my first posts XD

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't worry,this was one of my first posts XD

Not gonna lie. Shy Guy is the best Mario minion to ever exist. Just look at him! That man wrecks house like no other. Too bad he isn't likely. He better be in Mario Kart 8 though.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't even remember my first post, I know I am not big on introductions. I was lurking prior to joining and I already read some posts from users like Xenoblaze and JohnKnight, so I just kind of joined in (having some forum experience from Test Your Might, the Mortal Kombat forum). I am fairly certain that my first post was nothing relevant though, it was probably pertaining to Impa. I remember that most people directly opposed the notion of Impa because Diddy Kong wanted her to replace Sheik or something. I only really wanted SS Zelda, Lucina (in any form, assist trophy/costume were my hopes), and Mewtwo's return when I first joined. So I must have made a comment in regards to Impa being an adequate partner for SS Zelda. I believe HyperFalcon was the first user to reply to me. Haha. Memories.

I do; however, remember prior to joining that I had an obsession looking up Smash related speculation videos. They had convinced me that Ghirahim was shoe-in. Obviously, Smashboards is a great collaborative source that immediately started teaching me the ropes to speculation. No longer did I fear Lloyd Irving's imminent inclusion because everyone on Youtube wanted him, no longer did I think that Magnus had more potential than Palutena.

So when it comes down to it, the casual mentality really decays once you start posting regularly.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I predict:

Newcomers:

King Boo
Waluigi
NES Mario
Impa
Little Mac
Dillon
Prof. Layton
Krystal Fox
Dawn (Piplup, Infernape and Grotle)
Chrom
Knuckles
Zoroark
Plusle and Minun
Mega Man
Dr. Wily
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer

Veterans:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Link
Zelda (no Shiek)
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Sonic
Marth
Lucas
Pit
Olimar
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Fox
Falco
Lucario
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Mr. Game and Watch

Melee Veterans:

Mewtwo

Dropped:

Diddy Kong
Young Link
Wolf
Snake
Ness
Ike
Pokémon Trainer (replaced with Dawn)
Yep... this is real... And then I got yelled at for obvious reasons.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm afraid to post my first post because of the sheer stupidity of it, with all of the spelling errors. This was a time, I didn't bother checking what I wrote. :c

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So when it comes down to it, the casual mentality really decays once you start posting regularly.
ya I probably know that very well,
before I found this board I just basically left another site, ( I usually go to others sites for news back then), and I was looking around for smash news when I heard a discussion about smashboards, ( I think it was on gamefaqs or something) so I decide to check it out, and I thought it will end up another mindless pointless board about fandoms, or talking about some pointless inclusion, and saying its a shoe-in, kinda board, but then I realized that this place is a lot different than those other boards, so I just stuck around (this was around august), and since then I learned more about proper details, valid and non valid points, and who is actually likely, back then thanks to YouTube, gamefaqs, and other sites I thought ridley, k. rool, mega man (now confirmed :D), and Palutena were all doomed, but then thanks to these boards I was happily shown how that those points are meaningless. and since then, this is really one of the only boards to actually get my attention for over a few months (much less actually create a account)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey, I got kind of bored and I made a random roster. Not meant to be taken seriously, of course. Tried to keep it around the size of UMvC3's roster.View attachment 4763

I already posted my actual roster earlier. Should be only a few pages back.
God how I wish we could have a Nintendo vs. Capcom fighting game...The greatest in Gaming meet the greatest in fighting, it'd be a sight for the ages. But would it work like MVC3 or Smash Bros?

Oh if only I could count how many times I've put designs of this crossover together in my mind...

Edit: That reminds me, if anyone can make a Roster Maker picture of Asura from Asura's Wrath and a Female Protagonist from Monster Hunter in Kirin Armor, I'd be grateful.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God how I wish we could have a Nintendo vs. Capcom fighting game...The greatest in Gaming meet the greatest in fighting, it'd be a sight for the ages. But would it work like MVC3 or Smash Bros?

Oh if only I could count how many times I've put designs of this crossover together in my mind...

It'd be fun to see regardless of its style. But I'd actually would want Namco vs. Capcom a little more. Mostly out of hype and principle. Those two companies have had a bunch of cross-overs over the years, but only one was a full on fighting game. I'm talking Jin vs Ryu, Megaman X vs Siegfried, and Strider vs Yoshimitsu. Hell, throw in Klonoa too, that dude could fight Classic Megaman.

I'd be down for Nintendo vs. Sega too. We've seen Mario vs Sonic. But everyone knows its Luigi vs. Tails that's the hype-inducing battle. Or Bayonetta fighting Samus.

Why not Andy? (If you are referring to NIntendo Wars)
I think he is the best representation for the franchise.

Maybe. He is only the face of a few games really, But I suppose that's better than nothing. I still like the idea of a random troop doing all the fighting. While a CO(namely Andy or Sammy)could be giving out orders. Seeing as how that's pretty much how the series works. All I know is that a Helicopter recovery would be sick. And a missile launcher would be cool too.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
ya I probably know that very well,
before I found this board I just basically left another site, ( I usually go to others sites for news back then), and I was looking around for smash news when I heard a discussion about smashboards, ( I think it was on gamefaqs or something) so I decide to check it out, and I thought it will end up another mindless pointless board about fandoms, or talking about some pointless inclusion, and saying its a shoe-in, kinda board, but then I realized that this place is a lot different than those other boards, so I just stuck around (this was around august), and since then I learned more about proper details, valid and non valid points, and who is actually likely, back then thanks to YouTube, gamefaqs, and other sites I thought ridley, k. rool, mega man (now confirmed :D), and Palutena were all doomed, but then thanks to these boards I was happily shown how that those points are meaningless. and since then, this is really one of the only boards to actually get my attention for over a few months (much less actually create a account)
Yeah, let me all tell you why I joined Smash Community, what better time than my 1,000 post! A few weeks before I joined, I started getting really competitive in SSBB, almost every match I went online, I won. I already knew of the new Smash Bros game from a previous Nintendo direct. With my interest in the series at a high level, I wanted to see some speculation on the next Smash game. I went on Google and searched up Smash Bros. Forums and what came up was this place, itself. I immediately went to the Roster Display thread. Looking at the Rosters I saw a lot in common with them and really smart choices. Intrigued I immediately joined the Forum and posted in the Fire Emblem Character discussion thread for my first post. :bee:

Wait a minute... did I just say this my 1,000th POST!
Well then, Guess who's the next best Smash Lord!?
times taken to post:4
Frustration level: 8 out of 10

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If were talking about first posts..... (obviously you know by now that I play all smash games competitively and like every single one, so i'm not gonna go into that). I was lurking since the site was created, I learned how most of the veterans around here operate and I probably know most of your personalities by now, and know how to adapt to it. and I've seen some VERY weird discussions and fanfics that even the weirdness now doesn't compare. I saw the melee hype, the brawl hype, and now were here. I waited until I was older to join in the discussions but then I saw the divide between brawl and melee happen so I left the stupidity for a while (some veterans left at this time as well) and came back in 13' and decided to finally stop lurking. I don't remember my first post, but I do remember there was live posting back then, (I miss it) I'll just end the rambling here cause I could go on and on about all I've seen. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Though yeah, Shulk is a decent option to consider Saturn.
Maybe, but the sequel wasn't even announced until after Smash 4 and the other XenoSaga is a series that wasn't even originally owned by Nintendo.

Apparently to him, being recent (no matter the circumstances) is a sin against humanity and should burn.
Umm...okay then? You sure have quite a bizarre form of perception. What mental gymnastics did you perform in your head to make you think that? :chuckle:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Xenoblade and Xenosaga are NOT the same. They are two different IPs.
I know, but people like to use that as a reason to have Shulk. Because he represents Xeno and Monolith Soft. :rolleyes:

(Also, does comparing suddenly imply that I think two things are the same thing now?)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Goddammit TheKewlUserName, now you're getting me to do it...

Not to be taken seriously, but a UMVC3-fashioned roster with rivals on opposite sides of each other, 54 characters, yadda yadda yadda. This thread is going slow right now anyways with nothing of initial value being discussed.

And also...not replacing Ridley.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Since were talking original posts, ill bite.

Been playing Smash my whole life. Started with 64 when I was a wee tyke. Melee and Brawl came after. A friend of mine told me a rumor that Nintendo was going to officially announce the new Smash at e3 back in May.

Sure enough I was so stoked for it, and I searched the internet for every little piece of information I could find on Smash 4. Eventually I found Smashboards, and read some posts in a few threads and I liked what I saw. After they announced Smash 4, I had to get in on the action here because I love speculation and discussion about what this game could be.

I posted in the introduce yourself thread, been browsing every day ever since :)

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Since were talking original posts, ill bite.

Been playing Smash my whole life. Started with 64 when I was a wee tyke. Melee and Brawl came after. A friend of mine told me a rumor that Nintendo was going to officially announce the new Smash at e3 back in May.

Sure enough I was so stoked for it, and I searched the internet for every little piece of information I could find on Smash 4. Eventually I found Smashboards, and read some posts in a few threads and I liked what I saw. After they announced Smash 4, I had to get in on the action here because I love speculation and discussion about what this game could be.

I posted in the introduce yourself thread, been browsing every day ever since :)
I also played 64 when I was a little kid. And I still do actually.

Espio264

Smash Ace
My first post was something comparing Fox and Falco to Batman and Nightwing. And the dang site censored it when I typed in D!ck Grayson. And it passed by largely unnoticed by you fine people.

Also:

DownloadedFile.jpeg

...still waiting on that source.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Goddammit TheKewlUserName, now you're getting me to do it...

Not to be taken seriously, but a UMVC3-fashioned roster with rivals on opposite sides of each other, 54 characters, yadda yadda yadda. This thread is going slow right now anyways with nothing of initial value being discussed.

And also...not replacing Ridley.
Nemesis vs Jigglypuff XDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom