• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Throwback Wednesday because why not.
Hey Smashboards! I'm Louie G (although my real name isn't Louie). I have been enjoying the Smash Bros. series ever since I got Brawl for Christmas years ago. Since then, I've spent hours on end perfecting my Smash skills. My 2 favorite characters are Luigi (my all time favorite video game character, as my user name shows) and Peach, but I enjoy playing with a variety of characters and finding talent in the ones I don't play as too much (except for Olimar, I just really can't master him). I've been reading Smashboards forums for a while now, and now I can join in on the conversations! I have so many ideas and opinions for Smash, so I am looking forward to sharing them with you guys! :)
My first post. :crying:
I grew up so fast! :cry:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're all doing well. Well, I'm not going to bother reading past pages as I'm sure it's filled with the usual patterns we go through, and maybe even a bit of pretentiousness tossed in, so I'll just move on from this page.

Heh...I remember my first post too...

How have I not joined this site yet after following it for almost two years?! Anyways, I must say, I'm incredibly anticipating Ridley's reveal sometime in the near future. I'm sure with a bigger team behind Sakurai and Sakurai having stated he knows how to make Ridley work as a functioning Smash character, we'll probably see the powerful space pirate lord, probably as one of the last revealed characters to increase the hype level around the release of the title.

I also designed a Video depicting how I think Ridley could function as a playable Smash character while staying true to his style in the Metroid series:

Glad to be a part of this site, and here's to hoping the Leader of the Space Pirates makes an appearance in this coming game.
*Sigh* Where do the months go? :p

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

That Nostalgia, man. It gives us feels.
My First post-
Hello Smashboards! After viewing the forums and being lazy for months, I decided to get an account. I've played Smash for many years, and I'm glad that I've finally decided to join the community! Most of the time I play Melee and Project M. >;3
On a second note, I'm going to go play Xenoblade for the first time in months o3o

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My first post was the original post of the Hammer Bro thread.

I was pretty naïve back then, supporting characters just because they were female. I used to think that Assist trophies were next-in-line characters to be added...

/shame

Yeah, I've grown up a lot since then...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My first post was the original post of the Hammer Bro thread.

I was pretty naïve back then, supporting characters just because they were female. I used to think that Assist trophies were next-in-line characters to be added...

/shame

Yeah, I've grown up a lot since then...
We become true Super Smash Bros. fans in this forum. :cool:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ha. Are we posting our first posts ever?

Adorable. Ha ha.

Here's mine if you were curious. :s

Hello to all! I'm SchAlternate and an eternal Smash Bros fan! I'm here to look around the place and maybe talk about stuff, or just play some Smash with other people. Not much else, really.
What a little noob.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wanna see one of my first rosters ever? Put on some sunglasses because it's really ****ty and might burn your eyes. Keep in mind that this was YEARS ago. This was before Pokemon X & Y was officially revealed, before Konami bought out Bomberman, and Fire Emblem Awakening was just new and I misinterpreted a translation of Chrom's official name.
Super Smash Bros Universe Roster.png

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wanna see one of my first rosters ever? Put on some sunglasses because it's really ****ty and might burn your eyes. Keep in mind that this was YEARS ago. This was before Pokemon X & Y was officially revealed, before Konami bought out Bomberman, and Fire Emblem Awakening was just new and I misinterpreted a translation of Chrom's official name.
View attachment 4758
At least it has the Mii. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This was my first roster I put up on the Internet, so yeah.
I originally had Lyn, but some people said I had too many katana users so I replaced her with Hardin.
Ah...I remember my first roster I put out too...and I can say it would've been better if I was more in-tuned with the know-how like I am now, but I guess we all start out bad right?

Let it be known I never made these kind of mistakes again, especially the Ghirahim over Ganondorf...that was just pitiful.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
View attachment 4758
. . .
. . .
. . .
and now we know why you don't talk about your past,
but still kromo is pretty embarrassing :laugh:
but don't worry I seen worst first rosters mate (I seen one where about 1/5 of it was third parties) even mine was worst than this, (and that was before I found this board)
everyone makes mistakes or errors, that is the reason why we developed to become more mature and smarter, so we can look past our mistakes and fix our errors, so this isn't an abomination, its a milestone

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My first SSB4 roster was made in 2009, and unfortunately I've lost the image of it, but I remember the newcomers on it were:
Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Tingle
Ridley
Krystal (this was before Palutena mind you when she was still fairly popular)
Goroh
Claus
Takamaru
Little Mac
Villager (back when he was a bad pick :laugh:)
Isaac
Starfy (his game had just come out in NA)
Mega Man

I also had placeholders for FE and Pokemon which I later filled with Chrom and Zoroark but subsequently replaced with Roy and Lucario, who was originally cut, while Mewtwo was re-added.

lol Claus. I wish.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My first roster was Brawl's roster with the Assist Trophies - Lyn, Isaac, Saki, Goroh, Starfy, Little Mac, Waluigi and Ray, and Snake, Sonic and Mega Man for 3rd parties.

Yeah, no K. Rool, Dixie, Ridley or Palutena.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
This was my first post and my first roster, going straight to the point without saying "Hi I´m new here, you can call me Z if you want and hope we all get along nice, so this is my first roster", thinking about it, I was really impolite, sorry for that.
Any insights in what should I remove or change to make a better roster? The only thing that should be kept is the limit of 44 characters, anymore characters and I think it will be overkill.
.n_n.​
.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This was my first post and my first roster, going straight to the point without saying "Hi I´m new here, you can call me Z if you want and hope we all get along nice, so this is my first roster", thinking about it, I was really impolite, sorry for that.

.n_n.
To be honest, that roster doesn't really look that bad overall...

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
To be honest, that roster doesn't really look that bad overall...
Hehe, thanks but it should have a lot of changes, the first one obviously is the inclusion of Toon Link. So I was pretty wrong in that time, still looking it closely is pretty nice and I would not mind that being the final roster.

.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hehe, thanks but it should have a lot of changes, the first one obviously is the inclusion of Toon Link. So I was pretty wrong in that time, still looking it closely is pretty nice and I would not mind that being the final roster.

.n_n.
Perhaps, but I would be just fine if the Zelda representation was just the three main parts of the Triforce...it's all the franchise really needs, anything else is basically excessive.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to be quite naive, and thought very recently introduced characters were deserving and had very good chances to get in. (Ghirahim, Magolor etc) I also thought Smash needed more females.

This site helped me change my ways within a month or so, and I'm more than glad it did.

I can't remember my first roster as I never created one via a program or anything until quite sometime after joining this site, and just kept on thinking up rosters in my head. I always included Bowser Jr. and Ridley, both of whom I've wanted to be playable in Smash for a very long time. I actually laughed a little bit (and facepalmed) when I first heard about the "too big" argument.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Youtube thought me a good amount of Smash Speculation (don't worry, I was on the good side of the Smash Speculation on Youtube) and when I came over here I became more open towards several characters. Namely Roy.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Perhaps, but I would be just fine if the Zelda representation was just the three main parts of the Triforce...it's all the franchise really needs, anything else is basically excessive.
Yeah, I would not mind the inclusion of Toon Link to much if at least could use some of the weapons in Wind Waker like the Skull Hammer and the Magical Leaf as specials and more changes to the core mechanics but well is a pipe dream now, so I´m now pass that and looking for what could bring Sakurai to the roster with newcomers.
.n_n.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
And now here is my current roster, just to show how much it's grown

I'm still not fully content with the lack of Diskun and Nintendo Wars. Maybe I'll relace Issac with Infantry, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom