• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We need a thread with the Japanese fanbase,an updated one,because the current Japanese fanbase thread is so old and is practically dead.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Nintendo, being a Japanese company, probably doesn't give a **** about American ratings.
For all those who bring up "T-Rated" as any sort of means in any argument, do me a favor.

Look at Brawl's CERO rating. It's A.
CERO A is the same as ESRB E.

It's just that the ESRB is more anal about what content counts as "inappropriate".
I don't think Nintendo would want Mii's to be playable in a fighting game. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Ask...ii-is-Harder-to-Handle-than-Mario-224412.html

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Was Wii Fit Trainer a popular idea before Smash 4 was revealed. :troll:
She was added in mostly because she's a character nobody would suspect. She's literally the new Sheik / Zero Suit Samus. Maybe she'll totally overshadow the He Fit Trainer to now that we're speaking? If she's gonna be the faster counterpart (if there are stat-differences) be assured of it!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mii talk? I'd hate to see them in the game, I really would. There's no way Miis don't become the most spammed character in Smash history, not because of being enjoyable or unique to use, but because of the oh-so-hilarious Obama/Miley/Nicolas Cage/Hitler/penis gags with which juvenile gamers get their jollies. I also don't think a sports-based moveset would be unique in the slightest (it would essentially be Peach's F-Smash on every move), but if a character had to have one, I'd 100% prefer it to be Waluigi, since he's been playing sports for far longer and has an actual personality and connections to veterans that render his inclusion much easier to stomach.

Too bad Mii had to usurp one of the Leaky Three spots. I really wish it were anyone else.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
To stay relevant to the actual Star Fox series and represent the Nintendo version of Krystal and not the Rare Ware version of Krystal. That Staff is NEVER even mentioned in any Star Fox games after it. Sakurai is not going to add a Star Fox Adventures rep and he usually gives characters there most common and signature abilities. You don't see Sonic with his weaponry from Sonic & The Black Night because "muh uniqueness". You don't see Ganondorf with his Ganon Trident or Falco using weapons from Star Fox Assault. Besides it would break the clone trio. If you give one of them a unique move set based on something they only use in one game you might as well with the rest. I don't see where a Furry with ancient mystical weaponry from one game really fits in with the Space Pilots.
So she must represent the NINTENDO version of herself? It doesn't matter who made the games, it's still Krystal. Whether Nintendo made the game or not, it's still relevant to her character. I don't see the logic in that at all... Doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but have at it.

And yet it's still the same specials, just performed differently.

So you believe he's a clone. Gotcha.

If it shares little relevance to the franchise and character then I'd say it does.

Captain Falcon's moveset.

Because that's the way it's suppose to be. And without her Staff which she most certainly will not have, how the hell would she not be a clone!?

How the hell would she be a clone? Her being a clone or not is not going to be guaranteed by our statements. Neither one of us are right here. I'm saying that you're incorrect to assume that she has no choice but to be a clone. And I'll leave it at that.

I think this is turning into a conversation of what CAN happen and not what WILL happen. Something I don't usually waste my time arguing with, but let's see what else you have to say first.

Isn't that what speculation is? Once again, I never stated that I believe that my point is a fact, it's just an opinion I've based off of observation.

Maybe you didn't read what I just told you.

Just... nothing to say here, really.

B-b-but! I thought popularity was enough to get you in.

Thanks for completely looking over my statement. Just because I never mentioned the legal issues with the characters doesn't mean that I meant that popularity = immediate acceptance into the game regardless of who owns the character(s). I guess I could've added that to my reasons as to why I stand by that opinion, but I didn't think you'd overlook it so erroneously. Might as well have said "WELL WHY ISN'T NARUTO IN SMASH?!" Doesn't really help your argument, and is just silly.

Well, **** logic then. With popularity ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! Because you know that's how it's always been in Super Smash Brothers. That's why we got unimportant characters like Fawful, Scizor, and Pigma. Oh, wait no we didn't! Because those popular characters weren't important.

I see you have chosen to simply ignore logic, patterns, or reasoning to convince yourself that popularity is the sole criteria of any character, yet with no basis for why you think that when literally nothing suggests your crazy belief that it actually works that way. In which case I'd really like you not to reply again.

Once again; never said anything was guaranteed. Why do I have to keep saying that before you understand it? Being popular does not equal an inevitable appearance in a Smash Bros. title. IT MEANS THOSE CHARACTERS ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE. Popularity is not the SOLE reason a character is playable. I don't recall saying that. But if I have, then whoopsidaisy, I stated my opinion incorrectly. Importance definitely is a factor to it, but popularity is just as, if not more important. THAT'S what my stance is. I also DO have proof as to why I believe this to be potentially true, but I don't see the point in copypasting it again, due to practically everyone ignoring it. I never wanted to turn this into a debate, was simply stating my opinion, but of course people like you show up and turn it into a mean-spirited "I'm right, you're wrong, and your opinion is stupid" argument. I'd also rather you not reply again, but HEY, WHAT'S STOPPIN' YA?
Responses in BOWULD.

Woah, Mii discussion? How fresh. :p Can't say I care whether the Mii is playable or not. ...Would be a tad on the awkward side, but I'm sure it could be made interesting.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
I just realized an issue with Miis and Kirby: What will Kirby look like if the Miis are all different? And if moves can be customized, what would Kirby use when he copies a Mii? It's too complicated if you ask me...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, if someone could explain to me why a theoretical phony would purposefully guess WFT in an attempt to accurately predict E3 reveals when no one had done so previously, I'd write it off as a guess too. As of now, I'm only certain that the revealed three were legitimately leaked, but there's still a chance (and hope on my end) that the others are false. Little Mac's chances are still sky-high anyway.

Times to post: 4

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
See, if someone could explain to me why a theoretical phony would purposefully guess WFT in an attempt to accurately predict E3 reveals when no one had done so previously, I'd write it off as a guess too. As of now, I'm only certain that the revealed three were legitimately leaked, but there's still a chance (and hope on my end) that the others are false. Little Mac's chances are still sky-high anyway.

Times to post: 4
Getting Villager's name wrong, failing to predict the other three characters, providing absolutely no information on any of the characters, and claiming it's all a guess then trying to pull his ass out of the gutter by claiming it's a leak after the reveal.

And apparently it's all legit solely because of Wii Fit Trainer?

What kind of backwards **** is this?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If this is that old article....
What, did they change their minds on handling the Mii's or something?
EDIT: Dammit, it is.
Look, Miis have been sent in through worse crap than what Smash would do to them.
Including fighting.
Like what exactly? I know they've boxed and fenced, but those are sports, this is just beating each other up until they basically die.

D

Deleted member

So because he listed Villager as "Animal Crossing Guy", didn't leak details about the characters, and instead listed them as his set of "unlikely" predictions to learn half of them were legit means it's just a lucky guess?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So because he listed Villager as "Animal Crossing Guy", didn't leak details about the characters, and instead listed them as his set of "unlikely" predictions to learn half of them were legit means it's just a lucky guess?

If he was a legit leaker, he should of, you know, gotten every single detail correct. You don't just simply know information and still somehow botch it, that's a violation against common sense. Not to mention a good leaker would of at least provided information about the subject in question, not just throw random names into a pot and gamble.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If he was a legit leaker, he should of, you know, gotten every single detail correct. You don't just simply know information and still somehow botch it, that's a violation against common sense.
You mean like the Pokemon X and Y leak?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I made a new roster after not being able to for so long. How you guys like it?

Not bad. Though four Fire Emblem characters is a bit much, might want to keep it to three. Perhaps swap out Roy or Robin for a character from another series. Props for adding Vaati though. And for throwing in Goroh. Maybe, just maybe replace Toad with another character too. If this just a preference, then my mistake.

Mii talk? I'd hate to see them in the game, I really would. There's no way Miis don't become the most spammed character in Smash history, not because of being enjoyable or unique to use, but because of the oh-so-hilarious Obama/Miley/Nicolas Cage/Hitler/penis gags with which juvenile gamers get their jollies. I also don't think a sports-based moveset would be unique in the slightest (it would essentially be Peach's F-Smash on every move), but if a character had to have one, I'd 100% prefer it to be Waluigi, since he's been playing sports for far longer and has an actual personality and connections to veterans that render his inclusion much easier to stomach.

Too bad Mii had to usurp one of the Leaky Three spots. I really wish it were anyone else.

Well, you just made the idea of Waluigi being playable not terrible. So, thanks for that. And the idea of fully custom characters sounds really bad for a fighting game. Not just for the faces of private parts. But that one could end up making broken characters, throw them online and annoy people. Even more so if its like Mortal Kombat Armageddon's character creation, being able to give any character you make pretty much any special move.

D

Deleted member

Like what exactly? I know they've boxed and fenced, but those are sports, this is just beating each other up until they basically die.
Are you ****ing serious? Smash is just a giant game of pinball with fighting mechanics, cartoon violence, and explosives. Lots and lots of explosives.
No one "dies", and the losers all come together at the end to applaud for the winner.

Punching each other in the face until someone's knocked unconscious and swiping and stabbing people with fencing sticks isn't any less violent just because they're considered "sports".
You know what was considered a sport? Gladiator fighting. Welp, guess it's perfectly acceptable for Miis to fight to death cutting off each other's limbs then executing the loser while shouting "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?"

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You mean like the Pokemon X and Y leak?
The leaker in that case did intentionally have false information (for instance, the typings for Greninja and Chesnaught) so there's a possibility that was intentional. Plus to his credit he leaked a ton more information then this leaker currently did and some of it immediately turned out right so he was in a better position even with those mistakes/false details.

That's not to say this leaker is fake, but I wouldn't put them on the same level just yet.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
More nonsense
I asked you not to reply if you continued to disregard the logic or supporting of your point or claims. Saying stuff doesn't matter when it does.

(And Captain Falcon didn't have a move set, yet his move set given to him stayed relevant to his character unlike Krystal's staff which you foolishly claim is relevant to her when it no longer has anything to do with her.)

Again, stop replying to me until you've made an actual point backed up by true statements or reasonable support.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I've done my share of discussion on this leak in the leaks thread, and at the risk of sounding repetitive, Wii Fit Trainer is easily enough to render the leak of the revealed three characters specifically legitimate. Notice, all of the counterarguments against the leak don't talk about her at all; they instead try to divert focus away from her, because there's no legitimate explanation for a theoretical troll, one, guessing her at all, and two, including her on a list of E3 predictions.

I posted an hour or so ago about detesting the idea of Miis, but if Miis absolutely had to be in, I'd prefer them to be revealed simultaneously alongside Pac-Man and Little Mac, just to see what sorts of rationalizations come up then.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Pac-Man makes it to the roster, I'll have to make room. I'm debating whether I should replace Issac or Starfy and I'm leaning towards replacing Issac.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Look the guy is a good predictor, he was probably predicting Wii Fit Trainer for a long time and he was right. The rest of the characters were flat out likely in general. If I correctly predicted Diskun along with Ridley and Starfy and made a statement about it the day before the reveal (which is when people mostly state their predicted characters) you're not going to assume I'm a leaker. Just that I'm smart. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Starfy is dead whether his fans doesn't want to accept it or not. Besides, that puny shooting star's got nothing on Kirby. :lol:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Actually, Starfy would be awesome and a really good choice, I just don't expect him to get in over Isaac.

Although Starfy and Isaac were ATs, and as I always say, this means Sakurai at least knows or maybe even likes the character.

And Starfy is definitely a Nintendo All-Star.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Starfy is dead whether his fans doesn't want to accept it or not. Besides, that puny shooting star's got nothing on Kirby. :lol:

Well you could kind of say the same for Golden Sun. Since it's been a while that a new Golden Sun game was released(about as long as Starfy). But I still would prefer Isaac.

I'm expecting both The Legendary Starfy and Golden Sun to be regulated to the sidelines again.

That would suck. Isaac would be really fun to fight with. But I suppose that they aren't all that likely to begin with.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So is Golden Sun, Mother, F-Zero, Punch-Out, Star Fox, and Mega Man. At least from a popular point of view, but realistically such successful/supported franchise can't be declared dead for being absent for only 5 years (or more in F-Zero and Star Fox's case with the exception of a remake). But, isn't the point to represent the best of Nintendo's past? Not the most current? It's about Nintendo's greatest not Nintendo's latest. For all you know we could get a Nintendo Direct with Starfy 3D tomorrow! (well the day after since we get a heads up the day before)

At least Starfy has been given better treatment than most other Nintendo franchises and actually has been given more acknowledgement by Sakurai than most other franchises.

Personally I would choose Isaac, but it's your choice.
Not that I ever take personal bias into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom