• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Also, with Miis being customizable in height and weight, they'd have to develop about 3 different models to compensate for range and hitboxes. In Mario Kart, based on your height and weight, your Mii was one of three different sizes. In this game they'd range from being anywhere from Pichu's size to Ganondorfs. Having to develop three different models for one character seems like a waste of time. And don't bring up Zelda/Shiek, Samus/ZS, or Pokemon Trainer, these characters allow for you to swtich between them during battle, with different sized Miis, you'd have to customize your Miis beforehand in order to get the balance you wanted. And even if they didn't do this, and made all Miis the same generic size, (possible difference for gender) then that'd defeat the purpose of customization in the first place. I'm 6 foot 3, I don't want my character to be a head taller than Mario, I wanna look Ganondorf in the eyes and say, "Please don't pull out my gall bladder and show it to me."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Allowing attacks to be completely customized would make the balancing process a hell lot harder for Sakurai, and anyone working on the characters for that matter.

And no matter what, the competitive scene for Smash 4 would still most likely be a complete mess for a long time.

?????????????

Smash Master
Part of the reason Microsoft is better than Nintendo is the fact that it is American. Not Japanese.

-Post found on Miiverse

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Morbi

Scavenger
Part of the reason Microsoft is better than Nintendo is the fact that it is American. Not Japanese.

-Post found on Miiverse
What is wrong with the post? Honestly, I am inclined to agree, mostly based on the notion that Microsoft isn't running their company into the ground. Maybe American's are business gurus? Haha. :awesome:
(I keed, I keed)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

-Post found on Miiverse
Gotta love how everyone bashes the Wii U when it's now the most reliable system out there right now. It doesn't eat your discs and it doesn't overheat/Blue bar of Death...Oh how I laugh at the people that thought those pieces of plastic were going to be so amazing...

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
He evens states that customization will revolve around attacks, I don't know why you wanna think Sakurai is not doing this at all.
“Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it’s not the strength of the attacks that change—their power—but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization,”
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/20/smash-bros-creator-talks-about-customization-state-of-fighting
games/#WfO0OTTogEujKv90.99
...Isn't that saying that literally saying that the attacks themselves won't change, but the aesthetics?!

Morbi

Scavenger
Gotta love how everyone bashes the Wii U when it's now the most reliable system out there right now. It doesn't eat your discs and it doesn't overheat/Blue bar of Death...Oh how I laugh at the people that thought those pieces of plastic were going to be so amazing...
Well, I do agree to an extent; however, the Wii U is still a POS. I think it is apparent that PC gaming is the way to go.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is wrong with the post? Honestly, I am inclined to agree, mostly based on the notion that Microsoft isn't running their company into the ground. Maybe American's are business gurus? Haha. :awesome:
(I keed, I keed)
Microsoft isn't running their company to the ground?

First I've heard of it...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, I do agree to an extent; however, the Wii U is still a POS. I think it is apparent that PC gaming is the way to go.
PC gaming is fun, I like TF2 and Minecraft as much as the next guy, but I am a true blue Nintendo fan.
Whether the Wii U is a flop or not, I will be loyal to Nintendo as long as they may live. Which I hope is forever.
That's why I think true Nintendo fans are some of the best in the world: their loyalty.

?????????????

Smash Master
Apparently the person who posted that in Miiverse had their account banned just now after making 3 posts about how America and it's people are better than everyone else in the world.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
PC gaming is fun, I like TF2 and Minecraft as much as the next guy, but I am a true blue Nintendo fan.
Whether the Wii U is a flop or not, I will be loyal to Nintendo as long as they may live. Which I hope is forever.
That's why I think true Nintendo fans are some of the best in the world: their loyalty.
I've always been good at being loyal, perhaps that's why I've always loved the company.

Morbi

Scavenger
Microsoft isn't running their company to the ground?

First I've heard of it...
They are not even comparable in my opinion. Whenever the Xbox3D handheld system starts out performing the XboxOne (which just happens to be a Gen behind) while having Microsoft Directs monthly... then we can talk. I do agree though, I highly doubt that the Xbox One will manage to sell less than the Wii U by Christmas. We also have to discern unfavorable decisions to... well detrimental marketing/releases. However, I didn't intend to start a console war, I think they are all horrible. Haha (and I am not even a PC gamer).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It's responses like this that make people NOT want to PC game, not the other way around. I hate PC Supremacists...I truly do...next to a few fandoms I utterly despise, one being dead so it can't count, they're most likely the thing I hate most in this world. I don't care about your advanced output in playing games, I just want to play a damn game and enjoy it, I could care less how I do it or what system I do it on.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's responses like this that make people NOT want to PC game, not the other way around. I hate PC Supremacists...I truly do...next to a few fandoms I utterly despise, one being dead so it can't count, they're most likely the thing I hate most in this world. I don't care about your advanced output in playing games, I just want to play a damn game and enjoy it, I could care less how I do it or what system I do it on.
Oh dear, you go right ahead and do that. Nobody is stopping you, I was stupid enough to by a Wii U, I don't even have a right to criticize any one. :awesome:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
What fandom that's dead do you despise? :demon: :evil:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I have a Mac.
So do I. (In before Mac Jokes start to ensue because our machine can't game and does more practical things that's more useful for everyday life)

Oh dear, you go right ahead and do that. Nobody is stopping you, I was stupid enough to by a Wii U, I don't even have a right to criticize any one. :awesome:
Doesn't matter to me, in the end we're playing the same damn game, yours may look better visually, but in the end it's still the same whether you wish to accept it or not.

What fandom that's dead do you despise? :demon: :evil:
Jon X Felicia...if you're associated with it, I'd highly recommend keeping your distance.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo, being a Japanese company, probably doesn't give a **** about American ratings.
For all those who bring up "T-Rated" as any sort of means in any argument, do me a favor.

Look at Brawl's CERO rating. It's A.
CERO A is the same as ESRB E.

It's just that the ESRB is more anal about what content counts as "inappropriate".

D

Deleted member

Now, just because we're the fattest game country doesn't mean we're the biggest. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom