• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Then what will be customizable if its not the Miis. :smirk:
Stages and Character Costumes obviously.

He did mention the difference of attacks when it came to customization though.
(I'm certain this will apply to the Miis)
Add different Special effects for attacks to go with the style of the new Smash Bros...it's not that hard to figure out.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why do you seem to dislike King K. Rool?
I'm not attempting to act as if I'm a thought police trying to control your opinion (because we are all are given freedom to voice our inclinations), but rather I'm genuinely curious as to why you do seem to dislike the character. Does this have anything to do with some of your contentious disagreements with BKupa666?
Jesus F*cking Christ! I DON'T HATE KING K. ROOL! I love King K. Rool. I'm so goddamn tired of people saying I hate someone I don't think is a ****ing shoo-in. I don't mean to be rude to you, but anybody who just connects disagreement with hate like that is being freaking annoying and ignorant. I'm sorry, but it really pisses me off that something so stupid is a thing here. I know I'm raging, but putting this with the ignorance I put up with here, it really doesn't help. Even though I sound way angrier than I actually am.

But, did you even read the conversation. Diddy said Paper Mario wasn't unique because he's flat. I was simply making a comparison of his mentality to show how bias it was.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't want the Mii, cause I don't wanna fight Hilter, Obama, Miley Cyrus and countless penises when playing this game online.

Besides that, it's just lame. Keep the Wii titles as a separate entity entirely. Wii Fit Trainer is MORE THAN ENOUGH of a Wii-series rep. And am pretty sure she was chosen just BECAUSE the Mii is such a lame idea.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't want the Mii, cause I don't wanna fight Hilter, Obama, Miley Cyrus and countless penises when playing this game online.

Besides that, it's just lame. Keep the Wii titles as a separate entity entirely. Wii Fit Trainer is MORE THAN ENOUGH of a Wii-series rep. And am pretty sure she was chosen just BECAUSE the Mii is such a lame idea.
Well isn't that why there are administrators? :awesome:
I think you should have your Mii look approved before playing online.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I may be the only person who literally isn't bothered in the slightest by clones and facing a Mii that ever so slightly looks like a historical person. Why does this bother people so?

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I just don't want the Miis because I'm 100% sure most will find some way to be annoying with them in random online matches.

"HEY GUYS LOOK! I'M A PENIS"

That sort of thing.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I may be the only person who literally isn't bothered in the slightest by clones and facing a Mii that ever so slightly looks like a historical person. Why does this bother people so?
because jesus is offensive?

that makes no sense but at the same time it kinda does.

Also, do you think other music from capcom will be included along with the megaman stuff? I know what I want.

....never mind. that one's kinda dumb.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Well isn't that why there are administrators? :awesome:
I think you should have your Mii look approved before playing online.
That would be a long and grueling process for whoever is doing the approval. I think customization is mostly for attack effect and costumes (Think CapcomVSSNK) like what Hotfeet was saying.

Espio264

Smash Ace
The only viable way I can see myself enjoying Miis in this game is if they take the place of the Fighting Polygon/Wireframe/ Whatever's from Brawl. They could all be the generic ones that you face in Wii Sports Resort with their generic or not so generic names like Dennis and Shouta. They could even be decked out in their gladiator gear from the Swordplay games. That being said, they'd all have a generic moveset like the wireframes/whatevers have that slightly mimic a handful of the characters. But your own Miis would not be a part of this group. You wouldn't be able to customize them or fight anyone you personally know. Possibly they might let you use your personal Mii for the arena games or Break the target, but they would function as a generic enemy in the grand scheme of things like the Primids, and would NOT be a playable character. I can choose to be myself in Mario Kart and race against Yoshi because I like my particular stats in racing, but I'm not gonna want to use myself to fight against Yoshi, or Fox or Sonic or Mewtwo, they're way cooler than my Mii, and my Mii's generic moveset wouldn't stand up to the already established characters. And who the Hell do I think I am that this slug with my face on it could ever beat Fox or Sonic or Mewtwo in a battle?

Morbi

Scavenger
because jesus is offensive?

that makes no sense but at the same time it kinda does.

Also, do you think other music from capcom will be included along with the megaman stuff? I know what I want.

....never mind. that one's kinda dumb.
Jesus is more important than Mario, believe it or not. He just needs a chance! I really did make a Jesus Mii in anticipation for Smash, I tried Hitler, but it didn't look right. :cry:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, since the topic of customization came up...what if there were lists of items each character can get and unlock to create their own custom costumes? For example...let's start with say Link...

The basic things that will be able to be changed are colors on a color wheel, so you can change his tunic color, his hair color, shield color, blade color, boots color, etc. However, as you progress in doing various challenges in Smash Bros 4, you will unlock new types of gear that you can use. For example...

New Tunics:

Zora Tunic: Twilight Princess
Magic Tunic: Twilight Princess
Fierce Deity Tunic: Majora's Mask

Or new Shields:

Ordon Shield (Twilight Princess)
Mirror Shield (Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask)

Or new Boots:

Iron Boots
Hover Boots
etc.

Or even new overlooks...

Skyward Overlook - Skyward Sword Link
Past Overlook - Ocarina of Time Link
Classic Overlook - Link to the Past Link
etc.

Playing through the game will unlock different things for different characters, adding more variety, playtime and creativity to the new Smash Bros title and brings in all sorts of things from the franchise's history to make a truly all-encompassing character that still has its way of play left the way it originally is. What about things like this?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well, since the topic of customization came up...what if there were lists of items each character can get and unlock to create their own custom costumes? For example...let's start with say Link...

The basic things that will be able to be changed are colors on a color wheel, so you can change his tunic color, his hair color, shield color, blade color, boots color, etc. However, as you progress in doing various challenges in Smash Bros 4, you will unlock new types of gear that you can use. For example...

New Tunics:

Or new Shields:

Or new Boots:

Iron Boots
Hover Boots
etc.

Or even new overlooks...

etc.

Playing through the game will unlock different things for different characters, adding more variety, playtime and creativity to the new Smash Bros title. What about things like this?
Customization for a possible 45 freaking characters may take a very long time, might cause a game delay. That's I wanna give the customization to only the Miis.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

New Tunics:

Or new Shields:

Or new Boots:

Iron Boots
Hover Boots
etc.

Or even new overlooks...

etc.

Playing through the game will unlock different things for different characters, adding more variety, playtime and creativity to the new Smash Bros title and brings in all sorts of things from the franchise's history to make a truly all-encompassing character that still has its way of play left the way it originally is. What about things like this?
now if you'll be able to combine what ever look you want, then that'll be perfect
(what I mean is red tunic+iron boots+ordon shield, all in one link)

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Jesus F*cking Christ! I DON'T HATE KING K. ROOL! I love King K. Rool. I'm so goddamn tired of people saying I hate someone I don't think is a ****ing shoo-in. I don't mean to be rude to you, but anybody who just connects disagreement with hate like that is being freaking annoying and ignorant. I'm sorry, but it really pisses me off that something so stupid is a thing here. I know I'm raging, but putting this with the ignorance I put up with here, it really doesn't help. Even though I sound way angrier than I actually am.

But, did you even read the conversation. Diddy said Paper Mario wasn't unique because he's flat. I was simply making a comparison of his mentality to show how bias it was.

There is no need to lash out your frustrations at me. I understand where you are coming from, but still.

Some context would be appreciated, as your tonality can be rather aggressive and even condescending at times (describing K. Rool as a "fat reptile king" doesn't exactly imply kindness), even if it is not your intention. Thus, this is why I would misinterpret your statement.

In fact, I wasn't necessarily referring to your argument with Diddy Kong, but rather your usage of King K. Rool as a comparison (especially succeeding the statement "Oh, how unoriginal!!!!!", which would give other implications), especially because it gauged my curiosity as to it's inherent meaning. I hope we have cleared this up.

For the most part, people seem to subscribe to 1) "Mario Kart 7" argument against Mii inclusion - because seemingly every "casual n00b" will inevitably swarm online game-play with their own customizable Miis, rather than playing as the other characters like Mario, and 2) inappropriate and downright vulgar Miis ruining the experience for everyone.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wii Fit Trainer = Wii series rep

No more needed.
Mii is hardly Wii anymore. Mii has become a staple of Nintendo in general. Not to mention, I don't want to sound like JohnKnight, but the characters are not necessarily meant to represent franchises. Even if they did, Wii Fit Trainer represents Wii Fit. Miis would represent Mii Sports or something.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer = Wii series rep

No more needed.
I think that at this point, even though many will deny it, Mii is more than necessary.
It's the star of Nintendo's best selling game, and has made itself somewhat of a Nintendo icon.
I'd be very surprised if they didn't pop up, and whether I want them or not, they deserve it.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Well not ALL characters are going to have that many options, Link has so much because he has a lot of gear, there wouldn't be much custom things to do with someone like Pikachu for example.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Earning costumes and accessories in Smash 4 doesn't seem very rewarding, as they don't really affect the gameplay. That's why I say again that customizable attacks for Miis are the better option.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Earning costumes and accessories in Smash 4 doesn't seem very rewarding, as they don't really affect the gameplay. That's why I say again that customizable attacks for Miis are the better option.
And the competitive scene would disgrace them to the deepest depths of tourney-banned.

Furthermore, earning costumes and accessories is rewarding to me. See: Soulcalibur 3. When I got all the KOS-MOS Parts, I was in tears of joy.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
something doesn't have to affect gameplay to be rewarding, I mean just take a look at the music, they do nothing to affect the game but its awesome to have every single piece along with being very enjoyable

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I just don't want the Miis because I'm 100% sure most will find some way to be annoying with them in random online matches.

"HEY GUYS LOOK! I'M A PENIS"

That sort of thing.
This.

I've always disliked racing against such Miis in Mario Kart Wii, and even seeing such Miis. If the Miis are gonna be in this game in some manner, I only want them to be used as icons, and even in that case I'd want icons to only be used for registered friends again.

Post attempts: 3

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well not ALL characters are going to have that many options, Link has so much because he has a lot of gear, there wouldn't be much custom things to do with someone like Pikachu for example.
Pikachu has many things to work off of. The color alterations are still there, but many different kind of gear can reference different pokemon games. For example, bandanas and gear from Mystery Dungeon, Dress-up gear from Gens 4 and 5. And of course, the variation of special effects for attack. Turning Pikachu's small yellow shocks into mighty blue volts to reference a mighty Legendary like Zekrom would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom