• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Waluigi should have his own set of games where he "takes" over other classic ones. :troll:

Waluigi's Wrecking Crew (which should just be a series entirely)
Waluigi's Excitebike
Waluigi's Pro Wrestling
etc.

I wouldn't mind a character like this too much. Not sure who exactly could take on that kind of role though. But I guess to a lesser extent, Mr. Game and Watch does this. But only with his own games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, for one he's incredibly popular. Not to mention his astonishingly consistent attendance record when it comes to Mario spin-offs(which gets even more remarkable when you realize that he doesn't really share his body type with any other character, so it's not like he's there as a model swap or something)

Not to mention that apparently Sakurai liked him enough to use him as the Mario series Assist Trophy over characters like Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.

Edit: Not that I think a Mario character is likely in general.
I couldn't really care less about Waluigi (although he's probably in my Crusade Top 5), but I think it's rubbish that, for all of his consistent spin-off appearances you mentioned, all that's ever talked about in that regard is "OMG NOT IN MARIO KART 7, NINTENDO HATES HIM!!"

@Golden, I'd jump wholeheartedly on the "Waluigi taking over games games" train if the games he took over were the various reskinny Mario titles on the Wii and Wii U. Like, if Nintendo still has ideas for Galaxy mechanics, or they want to hone their new developers' skills by letting them create a New Super Mario Bros. 2, stick Waluigi in there and it's instantly fresh. It's foolproof.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
It's just as fair as assuming Louie will be a clone of Olimar. What the hell does she do different after Adventures in the actual Star Fox games?

First of all, Brawl suggests he ISN'T perfectly capable of doing that. Second of all just because Sakurai CAN make a move set that's different does NOT mean he will. Some characters are supposed to be clones. He could have made Lucas and Toon Link unique, but he didn't because they are suppose to share moves with their counterpart.

Explain why it wouldn't without the staff.

Why does it have to be after Adventures though? Just for the sake of continuing to toss away any potential originality in her moveset? Anyways, it doesn't particularly matter what the games she's appeared in to make her moveset. Yeah, Falco ended up being a flat-out clone of Fox in Melee and only slightly less so in Brawl. Why does that so instantaneously result in any other newcomer to the StarFox series being a clone as well? Look at Wolf, his moveset is pretty unique in itself. Clawing at opponents with a more animal-like gait. Only similar moves being special ones, and even those are quite different from Fox's.

Just because Sakurai CAN make a character a clone doesn't mean he will. :)
Any character can be unique or not. But honestly, I don't think this argument will go anywhere since we simply aren't Sakurai or the designers of this game. Either one of us can be wrong.

Are you kidding me? He has more of a role than any other member even if it's small. So he's the second most important. He's like Fox's best friend and the most iconic after him.

Enlighten me on this. I'm not super huge on the StarFox scene. What is it about Falco that makes him more important than Slippy or Peppy?

It is.

Welp, that's your opinion. Not a fact. Just as it is my opinion that it's not.

LMAO. You are saying that Geno, Dr. Eggman, and Hector can get into Smash 4 because popular choice among fans is literally all you need. That is not how it works.

Wee. Strawmens. Certain characters clearly can't be in Smash regardless of how popular or desired they are for the game because Sakurai has claimed that he doesn't want them in the game. Additional characters to 3rd-party franchises (at this point) have no way of ever being in the game. With Geno, hell, isn't he also on the same boat? He certainly isn't 1st-party. Hector. Uh. Who'zdat?

Are you seriously comparing Third-Party criteria to First-Party criteria. Bad idea.

You just... YOU JUST DID THAT. Unless if I read that incorrectly.

Agreed, but having little importance to a series, being a 4th clone, over representing a small franchise, and such and such does.

But, if all you need is requests, then Midna confirmed for Smash 4. :awesome:

Hey. I never said popularity confirms playability. Simply stated that being popular can get a character into Smash without them being important to their series. Unless if yer just being a weenie.

Yeaaah, responses in BOLD.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Talking about Waluigi? Oh dear. While I actually fully support him, I believe that representing either the RPGs through Paper Mario or the Adventure series itself through either Toad or Bowser Jr takes priority.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Waluigi? Oh dear. While I actually fully support him, I believe that representing either the RPGs through Paper Mario or the Adventure series itself through either Toad or Bowser Jr takes priority.

I really think it'd be nice if Paper Mario could represent himself, and NOT the Super Mario series. Maybe even with his own set of characters to go alongside him. Some of the partners from Paper Mario 1 and TTYD, perhaps? I dunno, I just think that'd be kinda neat.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
How about we talk about somebody with less-than-likely chances but is still relevant, popular, and was highly-requested back in the Pre-Brawl days, where Sakurai is mainly basing his character inclusions from, IIRC

Like Skull Kid. :cool:

D

Deleted member

Were you not paying attention?
Do you not see the color the Majora's Mask heavily contains? Purple.
Therefore, Skull Kid is too purple for Smash.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I just want Rosalina, and its more of me just liking her actual character really.

Were you not paying attention?
Do you not see the color the Majora's Mask heavily contains? Purple.
Therefore, Skull Kid is too purple for Smash.
Waluigi was under that mask.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly speaking, Isaac have a more or less equal chance of being in as Shulk, especially with his great moveset potential due to his psynergy and Sakurai does want to clearly focus on characters that offers something different.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, we should talk about Shulk more.

Haven't played his game, but I've seen a little bit of it. He seems interesting to say the least, I can see a very strong, yet slow long range fighter in his moveset. Given the size of his energy blade. Though I do wonder what kind of recovery he'll have on him.

Do you think that his visions could work its way into his movepool or not? Might not work out for the best in a fighting game like it does in a RPG.

Fixed, for maximum accuracy.
It'd be sick as all hell if Isaac gets to use Cutting Edge and Planet Diver. I can see a Down Smash where he stomps his foot causing a small earthquake. Maybe bramble can act as an Up-Smash. Forward Smash might work out well for one of his leaping strikes.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Yeah, we should talk about Shulk more.

I agree, anyone have an idea what we could do for a Shulk sprite to add to the wall? We might be left to our own devices and have to make one from scratch but we also thought about taking Stocke's sprite from Radiant Historia, doing some minor adjustments, and giving him a Monado. Here's what Stocke's looks like:

Thoughts? We also thought about possibly reworking some existing Fire Emblem sprites for Shulk as well (Fan-made or from the game). If this works me might do it for other characters too.

Also in terms of updating our wall, we added Wario, Toon Link, Lucario, Game&Watch, R.O.B., Sonic, and Ness since last time. We're still hoping to include the remainder of the Brawl cast, update Zelda and Link, and add King K. Rool, Shulk, Isaac, and Little Mac at the very least though other hopeful characters we would love to see are Andy and for me, Tiki from Fire Emblem.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm hoping we can see a few Pokeball Pokemon personally. It'll be interesting to see if Lip's Stick returns and what affect that'll have on Lip's chances. If any I mean.

I'm hoping we see at least one new weapon/item from a new franchise too. Not even sure why.
I doubt lip's stick will have any effect on her, it has appeared since melee, and is already a returning item,
now if an brand new item that is cooperated with a newcomer gets revealed, then that specific newcomer will have his/her/it chances affected

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was thinking that the Monado could be an item, it functions just like a Beam Sword only it slows down time for opponents who ever is near the Monado, giving you time to attack. The slow down only starts if you grab the item.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I was thinking that the Monado could be an item, it functions just like a Beam Sword only it slows down time for opponents who ever is near the Monado, giving you time to attack. The slow down only starts if you grab the item.
I honestly doubt that would happen, but anything is possible,
also if the monado does end up being an item, than that would make Shulk an unlikely choice, seeing how he wields the monado

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
In terms of moveset uniqueness, would you choose Isaac or Shulk?

I like both, but I choose Isaac, because as far as I know Shulk's moveset is mostly based around the Monado.
based off of moveset possibilities I'll go with Isaac, seeing as how he brings more to the table along with his unique possibilities of a moveset, but on my own personal wants, I would like Shulk because I believe the monado could bring something new and unique in smash, but that is my opinion

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Drop Ike, add Shulk.

Replace the Fire Emblem void with Roy.

And there ya go: Blue, Red, and Yellow hair. You will be able to tell them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom