• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
And you have to remember that Yoshi could easily have been included as a Mario rep. He originated in Mario games and is still in the main series. So, Mario in a sense does have five characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And you have to remember that Yoshi could easily have been included as a Mario rep. He originated in Mario games and is still in the main series. So, Mario in a sense does have five characters.
Okay then we can all add Impa to our rosters and have a jolly good time can't we? :awesome: Also: King K.Rool AND Dixie. No excuses.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'll agree on King K. Rool AND Dixie.

DK was a quick hit and a big franchise on the SNES (and 64) before it became climbing and bongo games or whatever the **** happened to it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If you ever feel as though Mario isn't sufficiently "repped," go look at how many stages, items, songs, trophies, and stickers it has in comparison to other high-selling series, then come back and see if you feel as strongly that it's a horrible injustice if it doesn't have just one more character.
People tend to ignore everything that isn't a character, though in reality other factors like trophies and stages can still provide an identity to a franchise. It's generally a good idea to consider that, because while characters are nice, it's merely icing on the cake. Hence why, at least for me, I feel as though Super Mario Bros. has enough already.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Nobody has acknowledged the fact that Sakurai said that Peach's moves may not be the same as they will be in the final game, meaning that the usual red Toad may still have a shot if, say, Toadsworth were to replace him in Peach's moveset. Or we may see the blue Toad from SMB2, NSMBW/U, and SM3DW.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
People tend to ignore everything that isn't a character, though in reality other factors like trophies and stages can still provide an identity to a franchise. It's generally a good idea to consider that, because while characters are nice, it's merely icing on the cake. Hence why, at least for me, I feel as though Super Mario Bros. has enough already.

I'm not sure if I can agree with that statement. The most important factor in the Smash Bros. series are the fighters. Seeing your fantasy ultimate fight between Donkey Kong and Pikachu come to life is what sold so many people on this series in the first place. Everything else is icing on the cake, really. ...At least that's how I see it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nobody has acknowledged the fact that Sakurai said that Peach's moves may not be the same as they will be in the final game, meaning that the usual red Toad may still have a shot if, say, Toadsworth were to replace him in Peach's moveset. Or we may see the blue Toad from SMB2, NSMBW/U, and SM3DW.

Won't happen. Just like Ridley won't be anything but a stage hazard.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Unless it was intentional that he wanted Toad as a special move still.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure if I can agree with that statement. The most important factor in the Smash Bros. series are the fighters. Seeing your fantasy ultimate fight between Donkey Kong and Pikachu come to life is what sold so many people on this series in the first place. Everything else is icing on the cake, really. ...At least that's how I see it.
Well icing is the best part of the cake, so having everything else be the icing wouldn't make sense.

Unless you hate icing, then congratulations you're an abortion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what I want to see? A double reveal, featuring Sheik and Ridley.
And Diddy Kong as a stage hazard on a DKCR stage where he flies around on his jetpack shooting at Tikis while accidentally hitting the fighters with stray peanuts.
Possibilities to not look like an asshole if you say Ridley won't be in Smash: 0

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
DKC and Metroid are legitly the only series left that have characters that need to be in Smash. And there aren't really a lot of new franchises that deserve a character.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're doing well. Well, what's our subject this time...
Possibilities to not look like an ******* if you say Ridley won't be in Smash: 0
.....Oh boy, it's one of these kind of discussions...HOW GLORIOUS!

DKC and Metroid are legitly the only series left that have characters that need to be in Smash. And there aren't really a lot of new franchises that deserve a character.
Thank God I just found something worthwhile...*Ahem* Anyways, I second this. The only other new franchises that really deserve a character, IMO, are Punch-Out, Xenoblade, The Secret of Murasame Castle, and possibly Pac-Man.

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Regardless of whichever one makes it in out of Sheik and Impa, we can still have the other playable in-game kinda, if alt costumes are used, but the only issue would be that if Impa is an alt costume for Sheik, what would she transform into?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Good evening all, hope you're doing well. Well, what's our subject this time...

.....Oh boy, it's one of these kind of discussions...HOW GLORIOUS!
well, a while ago I was ranting on about wolf, then there was ranting on about lucario, then there was some ranting about sheik and impa, and now there is some ranting on about ridley, please feel free to join the ranting

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Regardless of whichever one makes it in out of Sheik and Impa, we can still have the other playable in-game kinda, if alt costumes are used, but the only issue would be that if Impa is an alt costume for Sheik, what would she transform into?

She could transform into a penis and nobody would notice cause everyone is gonna pick Sheik anyway.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
The fact that there were 5 Mario characters in Melee, a roster with 26 characters, shows that it is VERY possible for another Mario character to be included, even if it's a clone. I would actually be surprised if Mario doesnt get 5 reps (although id be okay with it.)

Pokemon had 6 playable characters in Brawl, series balance means nothing (although I do believe Mario should have the most for obvious reasons.)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Say that Ridley won't be in Smash, I dare you.
No, because I support Ridley's inclusion and have dealt with too many stupid people and reasons regarding the subject that I do not wish to say anything negative as I do not wish to be associated with the lot of boot-licking morons. If anything, I'd love to see Ridley in for no other reason than to watch them cry about something they clearly know little to nothing about. Now, do not get me wrong, I am not calling YOU stupid and was not talking about you in any of that, but your "Say something against blank" dare is quite childish.

well, a while ago I was ranting on about wolf, then there was ranting on about lucario, then there was some ranting about sheik and impa, and now there is some ranting on about ridley, please feel free to join the ranting
Okay...my feet are cold...I don't like that my feet are cold...aaaaaaaahhhhhh...Bestrantever2013.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zelda does not work because all her movement options are taken away.

It should not be: Zelda is slow and strong and Sheik is fast and weak.
It should be: Zelda is good at solid knockout attacks and Sheik is good at racking up damage.

Sheik is designed perfectly in Brawl. She is great at racking up damage.

Now how do we fix Zelda?
1. Take away her multiple hitboxes (at least for her finishers). One solid hitbox for her attacks.
2. Give her movement options. Smash is a game about movement. You cannot give a character bad rolls, dodges, land speed, air speed, acceleration, blahblahblah and expect them to not be horrible.
3. Make the switch between characters also an attack.

Those changes alone will make her perform how she should.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Now how do we fix Zelda?
1. Take away her multiple hitboxes (at least for her finishers). One solid hitbox for her attacks.
2. Give her movement options. Smash is a game about movement. You cannot give a character bad rolls, dodges, land speed, air speed, acceleration, blahblahblah and expect them to not be horrible.
3. Make the switch between characters also an attack.

Those changes alone will make her perform how she should.
Pretty much. I actually think Zelda is suited as a mixed attacker, with both aerials and smashes/tilts that knock opponents out successfully.

Her primary problem is her build. They need to improve her overall build as a character.

D

Deleted member

So Diddy has drowned the thread in anti-Sheik and anti-Ridley derp, as well as Dimpa hurp?

Taking a vacation from this thread for a while.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I like Zelda alot more than Sheik.
It's alot of fun using N-Air and D-Normal attacks. :love:
I can't use Zelda for the life of me. Sheik was the first character I found before I started using Luigi, then Falco in Melee.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The fact that there were 5 Mario characters in Melee, a roster with 26 characters, shows that it is VERY possible for another Mario character to be included, even if it's a clone. I would actually be surprised if Mario doesnt get 5 reps (although id be okay with it.)
This! I don't know why people act like there are too few slots and Sakurai shouldn't give one slot to a Mario newcomer when we had 5 Mario characters in Melee where there were only 25 slots... and Sakurai had planned to include a 5th Mario character in Brawl. And now that we have four Mario characters confirmed already, I think we are going to get a 5th Mario character. Too bad it isn't gonna be Toad. :-(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zelda's fAir, bAir, and UpAir are good examples of where she should go with her moves. Lose the multiple hitboxes for the finishes. Instead have explosive attacks. And then decide which movement options she should have. You have to give her something.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Zelda's fAir, bAir, and UpAir are good examples of where she should go with her moves. Lose the multiple hitboxes for the finishes. Instead have explosive attacks. And then decide which movement options she should have. You have to give her something.
Dat F-Air is the best KO move for Zelda.
D-Air needs improvement probably in range.
Don't worry,I think Sakurai will do great things with the balance of the game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe make her downAir chargeable like a Smash.

Used without the charge the move acts like it does currently, but if charged the move has a magical, more explosive hitbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom