• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I still think his uniqueness
I don't think that uniqueness helps as much as you think. Just because a character is unique by no means points to their inclusion.
and decent popularity is enough to for him to get into the roster.
You just said it right there. A Pokémon would have to be more than decently popular to be included in Smash Bros.
That's why Mewtwo, who is both recent and incredibly popular, is the obvious choice.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't think that uniqueness helps as much as you think. Just because a character is unique by no means points to their inclusion.

You just said it right there. A Pokémon would have to be more than decently popular to be included in Smash Bros.
That's why Mewtwo, who is both recent and incredibly popular, is the obvious choice.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People move on too quickly, and people ignore Zoroark. :urg: I still think his uniqueness and decent popularity is enough to for him to get into the roster.
The problem is that he's popular, but not nearly to the extent of the big guns. He never caught on like them and faded too fast, so he doesn't stand out from the rest of the crowd that much.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

It was part of the Pokemon criteria, I think his uniqueness is enough for him to get in. Sakurai has done lots of research on Pokemon, and I'm willing to be he'll see Zoroark as someone the roster could use. Also Sakurai never said anything about the most popular Pokemon will always be picked.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
What if Lucario's Aura mechanic was linked with Evolution.

Starts off as Riolu and weighs less than Lucario and has smaller hitboxes. When Riolu reaches a certain percentage, he transforms to Lucario and gains strength (like Aura), weight, and larger hitboxes.

And if Lucario reaches a certain percentage, he can transform into Mega-Lucario.

This way, Lucario has more of a risk in taking damage and has a chance to die early when Riolu.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You should take inspiration from me and draw them yourself on Paint, like this masterpiece here.
Dat Mewtwo.
But seriously, I've been wanting to draw a roster for a while. Should probably work on it.
It was part of the Pokemon criteria, I think his uniqueness is enough for him to get in. Sakurai has done lots of research on Pokemon, and I'm willing to be he'll see Zoroark as someone the roster could use. Also Sakurai never said anything about the most popular Pokemon will always be picked.
So what you're saying is that ZOROARK may be placed in Smash over LUCARIO, MEWTWO, or POKEMON TRAINER?
Heh. BluePikmin, you are the funniest person on the boards.
same with me, but I just find it illogical how wolf will get cut, not only that but as being one of the most likeliest cuts, it just doesn't make sense
Because clones.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
nah I don't see ZSS or Zelda looking doll like. I think that's morea reflection on Peach's design more than anything else. I mean in many games she's very doll looking

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
I feel that Generation 5, although Zoroark is still cool and all with the illusion thingy, and Genesect was in the latest movie, kinda lost its shot at getting a rep in SSB4. Generation 6 is the new and cool and hip thing now with all of those Youngsters (all of them Joeys and Alberts and Mikeys with their darn new fangled Pokédexes, and their new Mega Stones, and their darn Master Balls, and their brand new shiny Dowsing Machines, and their Boxes on those computer whatchamacallits, and their Wonder Trade thingy...) and should be represented. I don't really care if Lucario returns or not, it's fine by me if he does or doesn't return, but Mewtwo though BETTER RETURN OR I WILL HIJACK THE TEAM PLASMA FRIGATE AND FREEZE THE ENTIRE SORA LTD. BUILDING WHEN SAKURAI IS OUT OF IT ND THREATEN TO FREEZE HIM UNTIL HE GIVES ME WHAT I WANT. Jigglypuff though, I don't really care for her, but I do care if she does make it in over any other preferable Pokémon rep, and that would just straight up PISS ME OFF. Pokémon Trainer, though, I want to see return, either as the same old Red, or one of the Kalos or Hoenn Trainers. Kalos because if Sakurai cannot decide on a single specific Pokémon to use for, then the best way to represent the 6th generation would be to use the Pokémon Trainer formula. Hoenn, on the other hand, I want to see also because by the time SSB4 is out, the heavily hinted at Gen. 3 remakes may be released, and a Hoenn Trainer would be perfect.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Starts off as Riolu and weighs less than Lucario and has smaller hitboxes. When Riolu reaches a certain percentage, he transforms to Lucario and gains strength (like Aura), weight, and larger hitboxes.

And if Lucario reaches a certain percentage, he can transform into Mega-Lucario.

This way, Lucario has more of a risk in taking damage and has a chance to die early when Riolu.
I don't think Riolu would be received well.

It'd be a more interesting gimmick, but some find the aura gimmick annoying as it is, since it's a high-risk high-return thing.

Okay, I have a question/topic. We see that Peach's character model is almost fake-looking, with doll-like eyes and stuff. Do you expect the same to happen with other females like Zero Suit, Zelda, or Sheik?
Like Pit?

----

Gune

Smash Lord

The aura mechanic just needs tweaking no need to make things unnecessarily complicated, plus it doesent really make a lot of sense considering how he evolves, nice try though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You should take inspiration from me and draw them yourself on Paint, like this masterpiece here.:awesome:

Actually... With just 2 little changes I would already settle for this roster.

Also the artsy style really reminded me of:

complete derp roster.png

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Trust me, Wolf ain't going nowhere. Why would he leave? For Furry *****-McGee? I think not.
thank you,
someone at least have a logical mind,
but still to date, wolf is the 2nd character that I have heard that most people have said that will be cut (1ft was toon link, 3rd was PT)
despite my reasoning, that no matter what wolf will not leave the roster, I still hear it everyday . . . . . . sigh

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
thank you,
but still to date, wolf is the 2nd character that I have heard that most people have said that will be cut (1ft was toon link, 3rd was PT)
despite my reasoning, that no matter what wolf will not leave the roster, I still hear it everyday . . . . . . sigh
There's no good reason other than he was low priority last time. We can see with the confirmation of Toon Link that that logic means ****.

I'm still holding out for my characters, though, specifically Lucas now that I have Toon Link back. I also hope for ROB to return.

Morbi

Scavenger
thank you,
It honestly bothers me to no end.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Imma gonna pull a N3ON and do this.
:rolleyes:
I don't easily dismiss other possibilities.
This is assuming that Pokemon will only have 5 characters to prevent "over-representation." (Without counting the Trainer's Pokemon)
It's also possible we could have 6 Pokemon characters total, considering it's big popularity to warrant it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This is assuming that Pokemon will only have 5 characters to prevent "over-representation." (Without counting the Trainer's Pokemon)
It's also possible we could have 6 Pokemon characters total, considering it's big popularity to warrant it.
I believe we'll end up with five slots, solely due to not wanting to over-rep the series. While it is possible, it's incredibly unnecessary, as most people have the five they believe are the best reps for Pokemon: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo. Anything besides those major Five (or Seven) is filler. Much how like anything beyond the 4 for Mario and Zelda are filler.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Meh.
For the record I'm not so hot with Pokémon having more representation than Mario (Super Mario that is, not spin-offs), so with Mario likely having 4-5, Pokémon having 5 is a very likely possibility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Okay, over with the Pokémon / Zoroark-shouldn't-be-in-before-Mewtwo-Lucario-Jigglypuff-or-Pokémon Trainer- discussion and move up to the new subject...

Impa

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Meh.
For the record I'm not so hot with Pokémon having more representation than Mario (Super Mario that is, not spin-offs), so with Mario likely having 4-5, Pokémon having 5 is a very likely possibility.
I hate not giving the Big 3 equal slots because of the compulsive freak I am, but it's entirely possible they could do it. Besides, technically we have a whole slew of Mario characters... technically.

My roster right now has more Pokemon reps for the sake of it being likely. At this point, I'm slightly doubting a Mario newcomer, and fully doubt a Zelda newcomer sadly.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
It honestly bothers me to no end.
it still does, and if you want to hear a heap lot more of it, go to the other sites,
I've been hearing the same crap about wolf and why he should be cut for the 5 months now, ever since the first super smash bros trailer
the same "another space animal? oh lets cut him for something better like Mario or Zelda"
or maybe "another landmaster? ohhhh instant clone, lets get rid of him"
or "oh why did he get in except krystal? we need them bobiez" the same S*** gets tiring over 5 months!
I just wish that he gets revealed soon, so I can end this madness

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Oracle Impa for Smash?
You mean this?

.....NOPE NOPE NOPE!

On second hand, I'd have Skyward Impa for 5th Rep (In a future Smash, I don't think we're getting a new Zelda rep this Smash). Not. Replacing. Sheik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom