• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My girlfriend gave birth just about 4 and a half hours ago, try that for a change ;)

Guess you could say I am going well! Really well! :D I have the most beautiful son in the world!
Congratulations and all the good things for you and your family.
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Congrats, man! It's got to be a positively wondrous experience, so soak up every second of it.

Oh, and for future reference... ;)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Last January was the Pokémon Direct and a Wii U Direct.

The December before that was the "every other month" main Direct.
Op, you're right. Still though, any Direct that might happen next month, whether main or Wii U or 3DS or whatever... I suspect will be primarily focused on this year's software. Though, granted, likely not entirely focused, which is the main point I was trying to make.

D

Deleted member

Just like how the last two directs were supposed to be "stuff later this year", yet had Smash news? :awesome:

EDIT: Congrats, Diddy.

Now go home and be a family Kong. :awesome:

(Wanted to say that before Johnknight did)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Last Direct didn't have any Smash news...

But I never said there wouldn't be Smash news, I said chances are there wouldn't be any major trailers for it or other high-profile game reveals.

But more importantly...
Congratulations Diddy!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It made sense that last Direct didn't have any Smash content, since it was focused on 3DS games, and if I had to guess, all character reveals will focus almost entirely on their presence on the Wii U, just because of how much more visually impressive it is. The previous two Wii U Directs had veterans, so that seems to be a reasonable enough pattern...at least, until it's inevitably broken sometime over the next few months. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Again, N3ON, I'm referring to the main "every other month" Directs, not the side ones.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is anyone else hoping for a Smash Bros. Direct close to SSB4's release?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Technically as it was presented as a normal Nintendo Direct (and not a 3DS Direct or Mini Direct), it did cover both systems, and it was the normal length standard Directs, it probably could count as a "main Direct" though I get what you're saying. In any case, the classification of Direct wasn't really my point.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You're judging her just because she's a Toon character and completely ignoring how significant she has actually been in her appearances.
Ugh, I'm actually not, GoldenLotus. I'm fully aware of her significant appearances, but that doesn't warrant a second version of a second character from the same franchise Toon or not. It is unnecessary beyond belief and we don't need a young version of Zelda and Sheik. The only thing she's necessary for is filler and even that is a lousy reason to have her.

I agree that Zelda is fine as is, but I really don't see how "unnecessary and excessive" Tetra/Toon Zelda would be.
Wow, really?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
^ Yeah I don't think tetra can be in by herself, its either gonna be toon zelda with a tetra transformation, or no inclusion imo.

I c u shin.

I'm not really THAT involved in Zelda discussions. The only one I actually want in the game that's a Zelda character is Debby Debirious Ghirahim Fabuliusious. Not saying that he's likely but he is my pick.

But all I know is, I'm pretty damn sure that Zelda or Mario aren't getting any newcomers at all. I mean, the more the merrier but we got enoughWe need Toad. I'm totally fine with Toon Zelda+Tetrahydroxide.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks for all the kind messages guys and girls. Deeply appriciate it! :)

Like this new stage to, even though it´s kind of a Castle Seige rehash. Wish they would just bring Castle Seige back by itself. Fire Emblem is now about rock statues apperantly...

Maybe we get an Ike reveal tomorrow?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Congrats on the newborn son Diddy, My family received a newborn cousin ourselves two months ago but alright. Enjoy your time with the little one and good luck. ;)

As for the stage, it does seem to take from the second level from Castle Siege, yes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just gonna drag the conversation here:
AR MAN? who is him?
AR Man is one of the characters from the 3DS apps, AR Games. I thought he could be really unique using his AR tools to control depth and summoning objects with his AR Cards, too bad he's pretty unlikely, I seem to be the only one who likes the character.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
AR Man is one of the characters from the 3DS apps, AR Games. I thought he could be really unique using his AR tools to control depth and summoning objects, too bad he's pretty unlikely, as I seem to be the only one who likes the character.
Are you talking about AR Man,Kawashima,Nintendog or Napoleon?

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Just gonna drag the conversation here:

AR Man is one of the characters from the 3DS apps, AR Games. I thought he could be really unique using his AR tools to control depth and summoning objects with his AR Cards, too bad he's pretty unlikely, I seem to be the only one who likes the character.

He only have one foot? xD
Awesome, actually is a really funny character.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Congrats Diddy.

Though you guys should get on-topic before it's too late.
Looks like I'm the only young boy here. Okay, let's get on-topic. If Sakurai said he was going to put a new retro in the game and it wasn't Takamaru, who do you think would be the most likely?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Looks like I'm the only young boy here. Okay, let's get on-topic. If Sakurai said he was going to put a new retro in the game and it wasn't Takamaru, who do you think would be the most likely?
lip, its the only possible conclusion that we can predict,
though it is sakurai, he can laugh at our face while putting in anything.

D

Deleted member

My guess would be Mach Rider.

If song placements are anything to go by, Sakurai doesn't see Lip as a "retro".
Probably because her last appearance (outside of an unlockable theme for later Puzzle Leagues' Japanese releases and a NPC role in Captain Rainbow with other obscure Nintendo characters) was the Gamecube.

EDIT: Then again, Dr. Mario's "Chill Theme" is placed with the "retro" songs, so it could be because Puzzle League started on the SNES as opposed to the NES.
None of the "retro" songs are from SNES games. Just NES and Game Boy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom