• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
NO

DON'T EVEN BRING HIS NAME UP

.....ANYWAY, Victini could be interesting. I'd like any new Legendary though, and I want both Mewtwo and Lucario in this Smash before any other legendaries.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Victini is cute and would be interesting for Smash (first Fire/Psychic type), but I don't think it's getting in.
Well, you are not going to like what I'm saying here.

I think he has a minimal shot with being playable. Not a definite no, not a yes either. 5th Gen is past away, left in the dust by the recent X & Y. Kinda like Gen III in Brawl. So there's not much of a big chance to ride on.

Also, bringing up Hoopa is rather sketchy: It won't be officially revealed for quite some time, it's not really strong enough basis.

The only real strong thing for Victini is that it's Junichi's favorite. And that's not even that strong.

Also: Melee was Gen II and I. Brawl was Gen IV, neglected Gen III mostly. So yes, Brawl skipped one Gen only.

On terms of Pokeball status, that's another story for another thread.

On terms of want: I (No offense No offense) do not like Victini at all. I much prefer having a character like Genesect or Mewtwo in Smash 4. The reasons I dislike Victini are multiple reasons, including my dislike of it's design, overall background, and just cheapness (V-Create? 180 ATK? Seriously?)
Yeah, I just try to reassure myself that he has a chance.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What will adventure mode be like? will it be like soul cailbur where you fight a boss based on your franchise and then do a "destined battle", aka rival battle or some ish like that....
that's all I got, we seriously need a reveal.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Yeah, I just try to reassure myself that he has a chance.
Feel free to do so all ya want. I simply hate him because he's a competitive nuisance in UU.

So how would you guys feel about Toad Brigade Captain in Smash?

You know, because Toad is a no.

Like I said, I'd prefer Bowser Jr. After seeing that pic, Captain Toad or not, it felt like one giant "NOPE" to his chances.

?????????????

Smash Master
"The iconic" Toad look is being used for Peach's Neutral B. I would not be opposed to a playable character named "Toad" that took the appearance of Blue Toad, Captain Toad, or even a repeat iconic Toad.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Must be a bad guy...
You'd have to go quite a few pages back to see his "unsual" posts... or I could search my likes list for a while and find some of the older pages he posted on, that is, only if you're curious enough to want to see.

Also, he thought it was possible that Toon Link could be cut AFTER he was revealed, and posted a thread about it in the Toon Link sub-forum.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
You'd have to go quite a few pages back to see his "unsual" posts... or I could search my likes list for a while and find some of the older pages he posted on, that is, only if you're curious enough to want to see.

Also, he thought it was possible that Toon Link could be cut AFTER he was revealed, and posted a thread about it in the Toon Link sub-forum.
Saw that thread. But go to page 711, and you'll find me posting my old dream roster in a way that looked like trolling! :p

But really, it was when I first joined and I just chose random people.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Errr....Wanted to repost this again. In case no one saw it, I guess. I'd be glad to hear any feedback. Positive or negative, either is fine with me. View attachment 4675

What are you guys even going on about.....
I wish I knew. This is what happens when we don't have much in the way of news. People start to go mad.....Or bored.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
3 versions of 3 characters from the same franchise. You might as well start adding Paper Luigi, Paper Bowser, Young Zelda, Young Sheik, Young Link, Nurse Peach, Metal Mario, Metal Luigi. I think you get the point. Representing the young version of Link as well as the toon games is successful when we have Toon Link. Why on earth do we need Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik? You might as well throw in Toon Ganondorf while you're at it since every character, but him has an alternate version. I honestly think she was only filler to even out the roster and have 5 characters for each of the big 3.
You're judging her just because she's a Toon character and completely ignoring how significant she has actually been in her appearances. I agree that Zelda is fine as is, but I really don't see how "unnecessary and excessive" Tetra/Toon Zelda would be.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Errr....Wanted to repost this again. In case no one saw it, I guess. I'd be glad to hear any feedback. Positive or negative, either is fine with me. View attachment 4675

I wish I knew. This is what happens when we don't have much in the way of news. People start to go mad.....Or bored.
For a 45 character roster, its great I got no problems with it. but for me I still think were getting 50 characters.

9/10

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For a 45 character roster, its great I got no problems with it. but for me I still think were getting 50 characters.

9/10

I might make a 50 character roster another day. Which could include possible semi-clones. And of course, bit more personal bias on my end.

I kinda want to do a super hero roster for the hell of it soon too. Wouldn't be the craziest thing that this thread has seen.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So...

In an effort to get the thread on topic...

Think we'll get a character soon? The banner went down after only a week for Marth's reveal. The only other time that happened was with Peach. And we all know that Toon Link was revealed soon after.
In order to steer away from... whatever this conversation is, I'll bite.

I think it's possible, but this character would probably either be Zelda or a random character to coincide with nothing at this point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I think it's possible, but this character would probably either be Zelda or a random character to coincide with nothing at this point.

I keep wanting to say Zelda will get revealed soon too. Though I really don't know of any special occasions where that'll happen. So she could show up at any given moment. Outside of the obvious choices, I'd like to see Captain Falcon, Red or Falco soon. Or better yet, Ike. Just so we know for a fact he didn't get replaced.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So I'm back after a long and stressful week. Other than my 21st birthday, there's nothing really special to share. Oh, and a few friends and I got together to play the new Super Mario 3D World and it's not bad.

Other than that, what am I missing out on?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So I'm back after a long and stressful week. Other than my 21st birthday, there's nothing really special to share. Oh, and a few friends and I got together to play the new Super Mario 3D World and it's not bad.

Other than that, what am I missing out on?
Stupidity. and a hint of nothing :D

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

I think we could be getting Ice Climbers.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone think that we may get a new trailer for December, and what characters do you think will be in it?

Probably not. Though if we did, I can see the rest of the Original 12 being shown. Maybe Wario, Zelda and Diddy. As far as new characters go, Perhaps Little Mac, he's a popular enough choice to generate some good hype. Maybe one more new character along with Mac, but I don't think any of the other popular potential newcomers will be shown that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom