• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
I tried to post this earlier, but to no avail... And then I tried to post it here, but it seems like the world doesn't want this... :(
Victini, eh? It'd be fun. I do not think he has a big enough chance when compared to other Pokemon newcomers, but it isn't ignorable either. It's also one of the favorite Pokemon of my LP co-op partner.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Victini, eh? It'd be fun. I do not think he has a big enough chance when compared to other Pokemon newcomers, but it isn't ignorable either. It's also one of the favorite Pokemon of my LP co-op partner.
Yeah, I know... Still, I want to convince myself that he's kinda likely.

BluePikmin11
BluePikmin's roster is worse then BluePikmin's? Can you explain this to me?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well this thread just got weird.....Well weirder. And this happens when I actually post a roster for once. Maybe I'm bad luck.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Well this thread just got weird.....well weirder. And this happens when I actually post a roster for once. Maybe I'm bad Luck.
I'd say it got weird when I started with mine. Because then it moved onto Vaati, then Diddy jumped in for a moment, then ranting over Fire Emblem, then to who knows what.

This is a Roster Prediction Discussion. Let's try to get back to the subject maybe? XD

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Fixed again. :p

Anyway, here's a new topic: the inclusion of my favorite Pokémon, Victini. Now you may just dismiss this as wishful thinking, but I think Victini actually has a good chance. Here is my reasoning:
  • Now, the first thing you'll probably say is that he's a Mew-like Pokémon, all of which have been rare and useless Pokémon. This is not true, however. Manaphy, a Mew-like Pokémon, was not only more common than Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, but also attacked unlike them. A playable one doesn't seem too far-fetched now. Besides, a hacker found a Mew-like Pokémon in X and Y called Hoopa in the code. Hoopa could be the Mew-like Pokémon in this game.
  • The second thing you'll say to this is that he isn't as plausible as Zoroark or Genesect. That may be true, but there is 1 thing Victini has going for him: He is the Director of the Board, Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokémon. So? So was Pichu. Pichu was thought of as a joke character, a clone of Pikachu who hurt himself when he attacked. It would make sense if Game Freak decided that Pichu should be in the game, given his low reputation.
  • Finally, you might think that like Generation 3, Generation 5 won't have a playable Pokémon. That was a 1-time thing, as Brawl was the only game to have 2 generations occur between the 2 games. Who knows what else could be in stock?
I'm extremely biased, but what about you? Do you think he'll appear? Would you want him to appear?
Oh look, a new topic!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

In an effort to get the thread on topic...

Think we'll get a character soon? The banner went down after only a week for Marth's reveal. The only other time that happened was with Peach. And we all know that Toon Link was revealed soon after.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Alright alright.
If you had the opportunity to date one video game girl who would it be? :troll:
can't you just drop it mate? go cry in your invisible corner,
So...

In an effort to get the thread on topic...

Think we'll get a character soon? The banner went down after only a week for Marth's reveal. The only other time that happened was with Peach. And we all know that Toon Link was revealed soon after.
not really, unless sakurai is going to do something with thanksgiving, and even then I still have doubts,
I say around the begin of December is when we'll get our reveal
If I here the words Fire Emblem one more time I'm going to explode, I swear.
hey lets talk about marth & ike from "fire emblem" :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I here the words Fire Emblem one more time I'm going to explode, I swear.
Marth is a character from a game series known as FIRE EMBLEM!
Can you record you exploding for me? I wanna see...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Alright alright.
If you had the opportunity to date one video game girl who would it be? :troll:
An anthro Meganium, Grovyle, Sceptile, or Flygon.
Well, you asked...

Oh, he's just the most well known user of all time because of his trolling. Or at least they say he was that bad.
:rolleyes:
No, he wasn't trolling.
And he wasn't that bad. (for me at least)

In fact, I might try to get one of the admins to unban him.

I keep trying with my Victini argument, but to no avail... :(
Victini is cute and would be interesting for Smash (first Fire/Psychic type), but I don't think it's getting in.

-----

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I would be excited. Goku should be the only 4th party that should be in any Smash installment.

You mean granting 'third-party' access, as opposed to inexplicably using the non-existent 'fourth-party' term?

Marth is a character from a game series known as FIRE EMBLEM!
Can you record you exploding for me? I wanna see...
I didn't exactly hear you correctly. I believe you mean to say... FIREEMBLEM!!!!!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Oh look, a new topic!

Well, you are not going to like what I'm saying here.

I think he has a minimal shot with being playable. Not a definite no, not a yes either. 5th Gen is past away, left in the dust by the recent X & Y. Kinda like Gen III in Brawl. So there's not much of a big chance to ride on.

Also, bringing up Hoopa is rather sketchy: It won't be officially revealed for quite some time, it's not really strong enough basis.

The only real strong thing for Victini is that it's Junichi's favorite. And that's not even that strong.

Also: Melee was Gen II and I. Brawl was Gen IV, neglected Gen III mostly. So yes, Brawl skipped one Gen only.

On terms of Pokeball status, that's another story for another thread.

On terms of want: I (No offense No offense) do not like Victini at all. I much prefer having a character like Genesect or Mewtwo in Smash 4. The reasons I dislike Victini are multiple reasons, including my dislike of it's design, overall background, and just cheapness (V-Create? 180 ATK? Seriously?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom