• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hey, if we are talking alt costumes, I'll my hat in again and say that Toon Link should get the Outset costume. Oh, and maybe PED suit Samus. Though as far as we know, only gender neutral characters could get them anyway. Still expect the devs to show female Villager at some point.
I believe alt costumes are there for completing character, not tacking on unneeded additions. I do think female villager is very possible.
No one here tries to give ideas for Chrom that would make him interesting and distinct.
I'm okay if somebody wants to argue that Chrom wont have a distinct moveset but saying we haven't come up with some is just flat out wrong.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I believe alt costumes are there for completing characters, not for tacking on unneeded additions. I do think female villager is very possible.

I'm okay if somebody wants to argue that Chrom wont have a distinct moveset but saying we haven't come up with some is just flat out wrong.

I can understand that. I really don't think that costumes are the most important thing ever, but I would like to see as many be thrown in as long as the game doesn't suffer from it. I can't imagine it would though, a lot of Namco's fighting games make sure that each character has at least two costumes anyway.

Again, it isn't needed, but it would be cool. Kinda like the stage builder.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looks like this thread could use some activity, here I'll post a roster I have been making, one of my favorite rosters so far:
Edit: Fine, continue on with your conversation then. :p

Edit: Look the thread is dead now, as soon as I posted my roster, you guys. >.>

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Looks like this thread could use some activity, here I'll post a roster I have been making, one of my favorite rosters so far:

It's pretty cool... But where's Anna? You love her.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It's pretty cool... But where's Anna?
I wanted to add Anna, but everyone will be jabbering on why Ike is cut. :chuckle:
I think Anna could be one of the more unique characters in FE, generalizing FE very well. She might as well be one of the characters Sakurai might never get rid of, similar to how Metaknight and Dedede generalize the Kirby franchise well, they will never be cut.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

I personally think there are too many retros and I dont agree with the Dixie as a tag team with Diddy (if thats what it is saying) other than that its good.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What? Why cut Pokémon Trainer? For Prince Sable because he has 3 transformations? Quit kidding yourself and decide who would be higher priority (the answer is Trainer).
Other than that, I actually like this one. Kawashima, Napoleon, Sable, Zoroark, Diddy/Dixie and Andy aside, you did a great job. You've come far.

Edit:
Here's what I would do if I were you.
Dixie for Napoleon.
Chrom for Andy.
Trainer for Zoroark.
Cut Sable and Kawashima.
There you go.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I personally think there are too many retros and I dont agree with the Dixie as a tag team with Diddy (if thats what it is saying) other than that its good.
I personally think that 3 new retros is not that much.
4 might be going overboard though.

Cut Sable and Kawashima.
Has Sable become a flaw now :p, I think he's a great retro choice.

Fortanono

Smash Ace

Okay, time to judge this for real.

I don't like how you cut the Pokémon Trainer, Ivysaur is my main (although for some reason, I don't care if he gets replaced with another Trainer). Also, 3 retros is a little overboard, I think. I would go with Lip as Sable woud take a lot to develop and Takamaru has less moveset potential. Other than that, I love the other choices. A Hanafuda rep is the best historic retro IMO, Zoroark could have a cool moveset (although I would prefer Victini), Andy would be awesome, and the best choice for me is Lip. I'm 50/50 about Kawashima, Pac-Man, and Palutena.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And now I present to you Louie G's SUPER SAFE NO CUT REALISTIC ROSTER. This is experimental btw. I tried to appeal to everyone but I couldn't include Roy or a 5th Mario rep.
Safe Roster.png

Some cuts hurt me, but otherwise I'm pretty content with this roster and this is closest to what I actually expect to happen.
Has Sable become a flaw now :p, I think he's a great retro choice.
Sable has always been a flaw. Takamaru is a much more plausible choice if you had to cut it down to 1 retro (and you probably should).

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I just have a problem with Daitouryou(?) Mainly because I dont know much about him. 3 retros is pretty reasonable though, and Takamaru (recently popular retro in Nintendoland) Lip (has smash relevance) and Sable (also smash relevance) are all good choices.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I just have a problem with Daitouryou(?) Mainly because I dont know much about him.
He's a character that's suppose to represent a very important, historical part of Nintendo, the Hanafuda cards.
The character is inspired by front cover of the most popular Hanafuda deck:

I strongly recommend checking out the Daitouryou thread. (And everyone else who doesn't know too)

Yeah, but where Takamaru has huge moveset potential, Lip has tons more.
Takamaru brings a new distinct playstyle, using quick slice attacks and fireballs to keep the opponent away.

?????????????

Smash Master
Doesn't really mean much, considering different rules are being used between Super Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem. Having different animations won't really help considering the big picture is that Chrom is just a revision of concepts we've already gotten.
Hey man, I see enough people who tell me that the fact Chrom is a descendant of Marth is enough reason to keep him out.

No one here tries to give ideas for Chrom that would make him interesting and distinct.
Bull****. I wrote a freaking essay on it.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
And now I present to you Louie G's SUPER SAFE NO CUT REALISTIC ROSTER. This is experimental btw. I tried to appeal to everyone but I couldn't include Roy or a 5th Mario rep.
View attachment 4670
Some cuts hurt me, but otherwise I'm pretty content with this roster and this is closest to what I actually expect to happen.
Not much to say, as you already said this is pretty much the standard roster of what's expected.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
New topic: your reaction if Sakurai announces Goku (Dragon Ball) for SSB4, and says he wil not be the only 4th party character in the game. :troll:

I'm not saying this would happen, I mean what would your reaction be if Sakurai opened up the realm of 4th party characters.

Hey man, I see enough people who tell me that the fact Chrom is a descendant of Marth is enough reason to keep him out.
Well that would make him more likely, as Twilight Princess Link is a descendent of Ocarina of Time Link. So is Wind Waker Link :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
New topic: your reaction if Sakurai announces Goku (Dragon Ball) for SSB4, and says he wil not be the only 4th party character in the game. :troll:

I'm not saying this would happen, I mean what would your reaction be if Sakurai opened up the realm of 4th party characters.
I would be excited. Goku should be the only 4th party that should be in any Smash installment.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

Places like GameFAQS, Youtube and Miiverse would become even more annoying.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I would be excited. Superman should be the only 4th party that should be in any Smash installment.
Fixed again. :p

Anyway, here's a new topic: the inclusion of my favorite Pokémon, Victini. Now you may just dismiss this as wishful thinking, but I think Victini actually has a good chance. Here is my reasoning:
  • Now, the first thing you'll probably say is that he's a Mew-like Pokémon, all of which have been rare and useless Pokémon. This is not true, however. Manaphy, a Mew-like Pokémon, was not only more common than Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, but also attacked unlike them. A playable one doesn't seem too far-fetched now. Besides, a hacker found a Mew-like Pokémon in X and Y called Hoopa in the code. Hoopa could be the Mew-like Pokémon in this game.
  • The second thing you'll say to this is that he isn't as plausible as Zoroark or Genesect. That may be true, but there is 1 thing Victini has going for him: He is the Director of the Board, Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokémon. So? So was Pichu. Pichu was thought of as a joke character, a clone of Pikachu who hurt himself when he attacked. It would make sense if Game Freak decided that Pichu should be in the game, given his low reputation.
  • Finally, you might think that like Generation 3, Generation 5 won't have a playable Pokémon. That was a 1-time thing, as Brawl was the only game to have 2 generations occur between the 2 games. Who knows what else could be in stock?
I'm extremely biased, but what about you? Do you think he'll appear? Would you want him to appear?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Opening the door for third-parties brought tons of requests for multiple Sonic characters, Geno, and some 4th parties with videogame roles, but opening the door for "4th parties" would be like opening the gates of hell itself by comparison.

As for me...I'd hope for a Yu-Gi-Oh character or something. Can't really think of any non-videogame characters I want.
Maybe Lola Caricola for the sake of a "wtf character" and to see people's reactions.

-----

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
View attachment 4670
Should have Roy and a 5th Mario rep :troll:

I won't get mad. I hate how stupid people that request 4th party characters are because 4th party characters aren't eligible. If Sakurai says they are eligible that is OK.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Personally, I'd be excited.
And as for the second 4th party, id choose Harry Potter for now apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom