• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Actually I find this quite interesting; did Palutena have any sort of similar traits in the first Kid Icarus to how she is now?
Her character was pretty basic. She is the Goddess of Light and ruler of Skyworld who used to work with Medusa before Palutena turned her into a hideous monster and banished her to the Underworld out of punishment. Which ironically bites Palutena in the ass later when Medusa waged war against Skyworld and won.

Her personality was basically being nice, and that's it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Her character was pretty basic. She is the Goddess of Light and ruler of Skyworld who used to work with Medusa before Palutena turned her into a hideous monster and banished her to the Underworld out of punishment. Which ironically bites Palutena in the *** later when Medusa waged war against Skyworld and won.

Yeah... and then she turned quirky in Uprising. Or rather everyone in the game turned quirky in Uprising.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
If Ridley isn't going to be playable, I don't see why Palutena would be even be considered.
how are these 2 related? that's like saying that because Villager's in the game, Takamaru is a lock. the 2 aren't even similar

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Her character was pretty basic. She is the Goddess of Light and ruler of Skyworld who used to work with Medusa before Palutena turned her into a hideous monster and banished her to the Underworld out of punishment. Which ironically bites Palutena in the *** later when Medusa waged war against Skyworld and won.

But everything changed with Uprising.
She's one of my favorite video game characters ever now.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Something I wanted to bring up was how in Brawl's Dojo Sakurai mentions how there were many requests for Saki to be included into the game. Why do you think he mentioned someone like Saki getting a lot requests rather than someone like Little Mac who had been far more requested?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Something I wanted to bring up was how in Brawl's Dojo Sakurai mentions how there were many requests for Saki to be included into the game. Why do you think he mentioned someone like Saki getting a lot requests rather than someone like Little Mac who had been far more requested?
Probably the first one he thought of, nothing to get to deep in.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

So Sakurai was the one who gave her an actual character and some personality...

I wonder if the modesty thing would apply to her inclusion or not then? It's not technically his character design, but the personality and person she is in Uprising was all his...

I'm probably over thinking this.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I want Little Mac more, but I' love if Saki was included, he would be a pretty fun fighter.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
It's been Years since the Dojo's info has been updated. Since then a lot of things have happened. Like the Punch-Out Reboot.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The 3 Main characters and then a 4th as an extra alternate version of one of the 3 characters. Doesn't seem very ruined especially since a young Link is essential.

Zelda timeline is divided in 3 categories: the toon series (zelda), the realistic series (link) and the classic series(ganon).
The whole franchise is perfectly represented with that division, but for smash they decide to only represent the main current game like the most important and the toon franchise as an extra for some reason.

Young Link is not a essential, he only plays the same role that dr mario and pichu played, and i don see the urge of having those guys back (other than have the tornado kick as a special move again). btw, pit could replace YL if they have tried...

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
H
Zelda timeline is divided in 3 categories: the toon series (zelda), the realistic series (link) and the classic series(ganon).
The whole franchise is perfectly represented with that division, but for smash they decide to only represent the main current game like the most important and the toon franchise as an extra for some reason.

Young Link is not a essential, he only plays the same role that dr mario and pichu played, and i don see the urge of having those guys back back (other than have the tornado kick as a special move again). btw, pit could replace YL if they have tried...
He said A Young Link.

As in a younger Link.

As in Toon Link.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
He might like Saki.
Well he did say he was pretty cool. He kind of makes it sound like he would have added Saki just based on the fan demand, but he wasn't all that requested untill his game was released on virtual console, and by then it was too late. Thing is that was the peek of Saki's popularity, and he isn't as popular as he was back then, so who knows what Sakurai thinks of him now at this point.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
H
He said A Young Link.

As in a younger Link.

As in Toon Link.
Yes i can read, but looks like thats what he is trying to say.
So, you really think a younger version of link is essential for smash? that means a younger version of mario have priority over a paper version of mario? i think is all about representing a graphic style honestly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Was Little Mac as popular as now during Brawl time?

Except the gimmicky assist trophies, I believe most of them were decently requested characters. Lyn, Saki, Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Waluigi were all decently popular I believe during Brawl time.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys...
If Dr. Mario can be a Mario alt. with pills...
And Pichu can be a Pikachu alt. only smaller and he hurts himself...
Then can't Roy be a Marth alt. with fire? :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Seeing as how Mac was still considered a retro character pre-Brawl, he got requests, but they generally seemed to lump him in with other retros in the process. As in, "It would be so cool to see more Retro Reps like Takamaru, Little Mac, that Tomato Adventure guy, Sukapon, or Balloon Fighter!" As such, he got maybe a fraction of the individual focus he has today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey guys...
Point is, Sakurai isn't fine with Doc being an alt for Mario, as said it would be strange for Dr. Mario to throw fireballs.

I don't see why Pichu or Roy have to be be alts if they are brought back. From a programming standpoint, they will take the same amount of work if they are clones. It would be better if they just add a roster select icon pointing to their files.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The issue with Alternates is the level that the dev team will go with them. Like, I think that, for some reason, they'll go with having certain characters have costumes, but they will be extensive, having alternate palettes and such. Less on one textured alts, and not having changed sounds.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Hey guys...
Nope, Unlike Doc Pichu and Roy aren't just different versions of the character they are cloning it might work for Pichu (It would look weird and Hitboxes would be screwed up.) but in Roy's case I don't see why you would do that, making Lucina Marth's alt would be a better choice since those two are more linked together, the only thing linking Roy to Marth is the fact he shares his moveset.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Lucina Marth's alt would be a better choice since those two are more linked together

While I agree with everything else you said this statement still doesn't sit well with me, it's basically telling the players as well as the developers of those characters that Marth and Lucina cannot be differentiated in any which way except for gender and cheapens the quality and uniqueness of both characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Huh, didn't know Demille's(?) game was on the GBA. I just remember his name being brought up in combination with Little Mac's, so Mac must have been in the discussion of Unrepped Series Reps as well.
The more surprising part is how people know about Tomato Adventure to begin with.

Also technically it's spelled DeMille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom