• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
New topic: your reaction if Sakurai announces Goku (Dragon Ball) for SSB4, and says he wil not be the only 4th party character in the game. :troll:

I'm not saying this would happen, I mean what would your reaction be if Sakurai opened up the realm of 4th party characters.

In actuality, I'd go with Waldo for a 4th Party. That way, he's just hiding and I never see him.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't see what's so ridiculous about Tetra/Toon Zelda when she's been active in her appearances and is among the most relevant potential newcomers for Zelda. I hope you aren't just basing that off the fact she's a Toon character.
3 versions of 3 characters from the same franchise. You might as well start adding Paper Luigi, Paper Bowser, Young Zelda, Young Sheik, Young Link, Nurse Peach, Metal Mario, Metal Luigi. I think you get the point. Representing the young version of Link as well as the toon games is successful when we have Toon Link. Why on earth do we need Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik? You might as well throw in Toon Ganondorf while you're at it since every character, but him has an alternate version. I honestly think she was only filler to even out the roster and have 5 characters for each of the big 3.

Yes there is a character, just one though:
Sorry, try again. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New topic: your reaction if Sakurai announces Goku (Dragon Ball) for SSB4, and says he wil not be the only 4th party character in the game. :troll:

I'm not saying this would happen, I mean what would your reaction be if Sakurai opened up the realm of 4th party characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't believe me?

Neutral Special: Charges up Punch and releases it (same as Marth does with sword)\
Forward Special: Quickly throws punches in different directions depending on what direction you hold the control stick (same as marth does with sword)
Upward Special: Uppercuts into the air (same as marth does with sword)
Downward Special: Counter Punch

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I finally chose to make one of these. I simply chose to play it safe to an extent. Though I did keep all of the Brawl Pokemon and add Mewtwo back. I the only "risky" thing I did was add both Shulk and Issac. Kept Snake and added Pacman(I didn't see an old school look for him, so I'm a bit annoyed by that creepy new look he's got going on now). One last thing, I had no idea where I wanted to put Yoshi, so I just threw him next to Kirby. I feel like I'm missing someone but I don't know who.
Smash 4 Roster 1.png

Hopefully This isn't too terrible. And this'll seem like a halfway decent roster. Next time, I might make a completely bias/unrealistic roster for the hell of it.

@Tepig2000, Hey, what about good ol' Spider-Man! He's Amazing and Spectacular! Wolverine is pretty badass too!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What? Why cut Pokémon Trainer? For Prince Sable because he has 3 transformations? Quit kidding yourself and decide who would be higher priority (the answer is Trainer).
when.jpg

"When will he learn?"

(Seriously though, this may be the most pathetic roster I've ever seen. Worse than "you know who".

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Anyway, here's a new topic: the inclusion of my favorite Pokémon, Victini. Now you may just dismiss this as wishful thinking, but I think Victini actually has a good chance. Here is my reasoning:
  • Now, the first thing you'll probably say is that he's a Mew-like Pokémon, all of which have been rare and useless Pokémon. This is not true, however. Manaphy, a Mew-like Pokémon, was not only more common than Mew, Celebi and Jirachi, but also attacked unlike them. A playable one doesn't seem too far-fetched now. Besides, a hacker found a Mew-like Pokémon in X and Y called Hoopa in the code. Hoopa could be the Mew-like Pokémon in this game.
  • The second thing you'll say to this is that he isn't as plausible as Zoroark or Genesect. That may be true, but there is 1 thing Victini has going for him: He is the Director of the Board, Junichi Masuda's favorite Pokémon. So? So was Pichu. Pichu was thought of as a joke character, a clone of Pikachu who hurt himself when he attacked. It would make sense if Game Freak decided that Pichu should be in the game, given his low reputation.
  • Finally, you might think that like Generation 3, Generation 5 won't have a playable Pokémon. That was a 1-time thing, as Brawl was the only game to have 2 generations occur between the 2 games. Who knows what else could be in stock?
I'm extremely biased, but what about you? Do you think he'll appear? Would you want him to appear?

I tried to post this earlier, but to no avail... And then I tried to post it here, but it seems like the world doesn't want this... :(

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm 21, don't plan on getting a girlfriend or wife, and I ain't even sad.
All the girlfriends I already have are fictional anyway.

3 versions of 3 characters from the same franchise. You might as well start adding Paper Luigi, Paper Bowser, Young Zelda, Young Sheik, Young Link, Nurse Peach, Metal Mario, Metal Luigi. I think you get the point. Representing the young version of Link as well as the toon games is successful when we have Toon Link. Why on earth do we need Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik? You might as well throw in Toon Ganondorf while you're at it since every character, but him has an alternate version. I honestly think she was only filler to even out the roster and have 5 characters for each of the big 3.

Sorry, try again. :awesome:
Young Sheik doesn't exist.

Well, I mean she might, if Zelda from Oot took on her new identity shortly after Link plucked the master sword, but you never see a Young Sheik ingame.

*times attempted to post: 4 (sorry for stealing, Golden)

-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom