• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Aether is just taking Marths move and making it come back down.
That is the easiest derivative to see.

Apprehensive or not, there are 5 characters that can be cut with no loss.

Ike
Lucario
Toon Link
Lucas
Wolf.

Cutting PT, which everyone seems to call for. Or atleast replace his pokemon.

Makes 8 cut characters.

To get to 40, we have 9 new spaces.
It is a very logical number.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Ike
Lucario
Toon Link
Lucas
Wolf.

Makes 8 cut characters.

Peach's Up B is like Marth's except with an umbrella.

She must be a clone!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Peach's Up B is like Marth's except with an umbrella.

She must be a clone!

Straw man as much as you want.
Ike is nothing more than Roy 2.0 with some extra paint.

Still does not change the fact that he will probably get cut and that 40-45 is a reasonable limit for characters.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Still does not change the fact that he will probably get cut and that 40-45 is a reasonable limit for characters.
I seriously don't get your logic.

I'm not going to waste my time with someone who clearly can't grasp the obvious differences between two characters. I have never seen an argument so bad in my entire life.

If Ike WERE to be cut, it wouldn't be because he is a clone of Marth. It would be because Chrom would inherit a similar moveset from Ike.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
King Dedede inhales just like Kirby does! Total clone right there.

Yoshi and Bowser both have ground pounds. Guess Yoshi's been cut. Explains why he wasn't in the trailer.

Jigglypuff and Meta Knight both have 5 jumps like Kirby. I guess they're cut too.

It's not a straw man because it's the same logic you're using when telling us that Ike is a clone.

Ike, Lucario, Toon Link, Lucas and Wolf all have fans and people main them and do well with them. Cutting them, therefore, is a loss! Sakurai is aware of this and that's why he either won't make any cuts or have a very small number of cuts.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
King Dedede inhales just like Kirby does! Total clone right there.

Yoshi and Bowser both have ground pounds. Guess Yoshi's been cut. Explains why he wasn't in the trailer.

Jigglypuff and Meta Knight both have 5 jumps like Kirby. I guess they're cut too.

Ike, Lucario, Toon Link, Lucas and Wolf all have fans and people main them and do well with them. Cutting them, therefore, is a loss! Sakurai is aware of this and that's why he either won't make any cuts or have a very small number of cuts.

Like I said before, I am not going to argue straw men here.
You know what,

SF4 cut Q from Street fighter 3.
KoF 13 cut many characters from the past.
SC5 cut the scythe guy and Kalek.
Tekken 6 cut many people (Tekken Tag 2 had everyone though)
Guilty Gear XX cannot decide to keep Justice or not at times.

Cuts happen in all games.
Melee lost Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo. Three of which were my mains for that game. You know what, I still enjoyed the hell out of brawl.
Cuts happen. Get rid of the dead weight.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ike is an immensely popular character; both in Japan and the West. He is second to Marth in popularity for FE characters. I do admit his chances are reduced but I do not see him being cut so easily. Or any characters for that matter when considering Sakurai's most recent interview about the "stress of the roster." Will cuts happen? Most likely but they might not. We don't know. We don't know that the Nelee characters were cut due to being clones and saying that is the reason is bull****.

And dragon scythe, I would consider losing those characters as a tremendous loss. For the reasons thatwaspeachy mentioned.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Like I said before, I am not going to argue straw men here.
You know what,

SF4 cut Q from Street fighter 3.
KoF 13 cut many characters from the past.
SC5 cut the scythe guy and Kalek.
Tekken 6 cut many people (Tekken Tag 2 had everyone though)
Guilty Gear XX cannot decide to keep Justice or not at times.

Cuts happen in all games.
Melee lost Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy and Mewtwo. Three of which were my mains for that game. You know what, I still enjoyed the hell out of brawl.
Cuts happen. Get rid of the dead weight.
These are straws that YOU created it.

The only character that was MEANT to be cut, was Pichu. If the game had been delayed once more, the others could have probably been added.

Really, the recent quotes from Sakurai should downplay any suspicion for cuts at the moment. There is literally no reason to believe that THAT MANY cuts would happen. I could see a few. But the amount you are proposing? Absolutely not.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ike is an immensely popular character; both in Japan and the West. He is second to Marth in popularity for FE characters. I do admit his chances are reduced but I do not see him being cut so easily. Or any characters for that matter when considering Sakurai's most recent interview about the "stress of the roster."

And dragon scythe, I would consider losing those characters as a tremendous loss. For the reasons thatwaspeachy mentioned.

Thing is, YOU would miss them. I would not. And he is going to make cuts. We know it is going to happen. Why would he talk about the stress of it if he was not going to cut someone. What would be the point? It would be a non stress issue if everyone stayed. People are going and those 5 are the most likely.

These are straws that YOU created it.

The only character that was MEANT to be cut, was Pichu. If the game had been delayed once more, the others could have probably been added.

Really, the recent quotes from Sakurai should downplay any suspicion for cuts at the moment. There is literally no reason to believe that THAT MANY cuts would happen. I could see a few. But the amount you are proposing? Absolutely not.

Those are all real cuts. Not straws. People were upset when Chun li did not appear in SF3, so they added her in SF3-TS.

And we know nothing of the forbidden 7 except they were in the data. They could have been just test data or even place holders. We know nothing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No
Thing is, YOU would miss them. I would not. And he is going to make cuts. We know it is going to happen. Why would he talk about the stress of it if he was not going to cut someone. What would be the point? It would be a non stress issue if everyone stayed. People are going and those 5 are the most likely.
No, not just me but many others. But then again, that's preference. I'd be pretty pissed to not see those characters in the game. It's a stress issue because, possibly, he does not want to cut characters. It would be a horrible situation to be in.

And no, we don't know anything yet. Yeah, I think there will be some cuts but I hope Sakurai proves me wrong.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
and just because you want them doesn't mean they will return.

So no more arguments about "but people will miss them".
If there is a lot of fan demand to keep the character(s), that could sway Sakurai's decision.

Why do you think Ike will be cut instead of appearing alongside Marth and another FE character?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thing is, YOU would miss them. I would not.
You are not the only person this game is made for.

And he is going to make cuts. We know it is going to happen. Why would he talk about the stress of it if he was not going to cut someone. What would be the point? It would be a non stress issue if everyone stayed. People are going and those 5 are the most likely.
Yeah but who says we have 5 cuts, let alone 8.

Those are all real cuts. Not straws. People were upset when Chun li did not appear in SF3, so they added her in SF3-TS.
Yeah, and that's why developers don't like cutting characters. They don't want their demographics to get upset.

And we know nothing of the forbidden 7 except they were in the data. They could have been just test data or even place holders. We know nothing.
We do know that Mewtwo and Roy had victory themes, like every character minus wolf. Test data and place holders my ***.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At this point i'm laughing about it. Think what you want. It doesn't mean it's set in stone.

By the way, you basically repeated what I said to you.
and just because you want them doesn't mean they will return.

So no more arguments about "but people will miss them".
Then how about no more arguments that they will be cut? We just end the argument in general and start a new topic.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Funny. You're one of the few people who actually suggested cutting him.

Most of us want PT to stay.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There are 40 movesets. Same as Brawl.
Oh, well in that case.
40 "Movesets" are not enough.

We're expanding the game, not trying to replace 1/7 of the existing characters and adding another one.

If you call that realistic I doubt that the fact that you have even considered how powerful the 3DS really is.

1/10 Would not buy.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is the most realistic Roster I could think of. (Bar maybe a toon character I threw in.)

I have some questions and suggestions for improvement. You have Toon Ganondorf for no reason, why not normal Ganondorf? Why him, but no Toon Link? Why does he represent the Toon titles? Why are there only 3 Zelda reps and Poke'mon reps? There are around 700 Poke'mon so there should be more than that. Why did you remove a character that was essentially 3 characters? Why is Lucas gone? Not only was he the most recent Mother rep and not to mention Mother 3 is very popular. He was originally meant to replace Ness. So why would Ness replace Lucas? That makes no sense. And why no Wolf when he is clearly more unique than Falco? Also I have tons of characters to suggest. Shulk, Matthew, and Takamaru. The list goes on.

Ike
Lucario
Toon Link
Lucas
Wolf.

Makes 8 cut characters.

1. Ike is based purely on Marth.
2. Still does not change the fact that 40 is a very realistic number.
3. Lucario is old hat. Mewtwo will probably replace him.
4. Wolf is a clone.
5. Link to say there will be two links. I want to see proof on that.

I'm just going to stop replying because I'm being driven up the wall.

These reasons are just so FRACKING bad that I can't believe what I'm reading.
Can we get a moderator or somebody to end this stupid discussion about people who think there is gonna be a frenzy of cutting significant characters?

1. Why would Sakurai do that?

2. In SSB nonetheless!

3. Why are people's reasons for cutting characters so stupid and asinine?

4. Poke'mon Trainer!?!? You'd cut the best idea for a rep that there is? The main character of Poke'mon? Not only that but, you're removing 3 significant characters. Poke'mon universe is huge it's important we have as much as we can fit. Why is there more than 1 person who considers cutting him.

5. Most of these aren't even reasons. They're excuses.

6. I don't know what else to say besides WTF!!!!!!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Roy was a Marth knockoff with a different coat of paint. Ike and Roy have almost nothing in common.

Ike may well be cut, but he certainly won't go easily, and I think it's more likely for FE to bump to 3 slots than for him to be cut to make way for an Awakening rep. FE has the popularity now, and if a series which is remembered mostly for one game which is over a decade and a half old can have 3 reps, FE can have 3 reps.

Mp3 Toaster

Smash Rookie
Man, are smash players always this cut-happy? I am certainly glad those people(and some of you) aren't in charge of this game.

Seriously, I have lurked this place and some other forums for a long while now and I am bloody tired of seeing people using the word "replace" everywhere. Besides the Young Link>Toon Link thingy, "Replacements" never happened. Mewtwo wasn't replaced, and neither was Roy. And no, don't give me that "Lucario and Ike is not relevant" BS either! (Heck, relevant isn't even the right use of the word judging by how people use it) By that logic, characters like Sheik, Jigglypuff and every god damn retro character should be booted! I always found it puzzling that plenty of people want Lucario and Ike gone because lack of "relevance" while at the same time they want the characters that are LESS "relevant" to return, no wait. "Recent" is the correct word.

The latest interview also pretty much confirm that Sakurai strongly dislike cuts. And I strongly agree with him too. If cuts HAVE to happen. I am pretty sure that at worst we get minimal cuts, and I mean VERY minimal. 1 or 2 at worst. Or if he and the rest of the developers can pull this off. We might get no cuts at all. Which I hope it will happen. And luckily, it can happen.

Okay, this might have sounded a little bit negative as my first real post. But I kinda wanted to share my thoughts on this badly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My... that was the worst roster I've seen.

I'm not going to comment on it.

So, I've taking Sakurai comments very seriously and realized that there will be massive cuts. Brace yourselves for the most cut-happy roster ever.

Allow me to explain:

- Luigi was removed because he was a Mario clone, and was hogging up space for someone more unique, like Fawful.
- Ganondorf was removed due to being a Capt. Falcon clone, replaced by Vaati, another recurring villian.
- Similar case for Toon Link, replaced by Tingle.
- Kind Dedede was removed because he is clearly a Kirby clone (multiple jumps and inhale), replaced by Waddle Dee.
- Falco was replaced by Krystal who is forced to unique because of her staff.
- Wolf is a Fox clone. Replace with General Pepper.
- Vanilla Mewtwo is irrelevant, and so is Lucario. So only his new form will appear.
- Gardevoir was added because Gen 3 needs a rep and Smash needs more females.
- Ike was cut because he's a clone, like drag0nscythe pointed out. Replaced with Tharja who is a female, a mage and an FE13 character as well.
- Lucas was removed because he was a Ness clone. Replaced with Porky.

- Ridley wasn't added because he's too big.
- King K. Rool wasn't added because he's irrelevant.
- Palutena wasn't added because of Sakurai's bias against his own characters.
- Snake & Sonic won't return because they are guests.

Now seriously, if anyone talks of cuts again, I'll shoot them. :glare:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Waitwaitwait...someone thinks Ike is a Marth clone? That's it, people. We've reached a new low.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ike and Marth share only one move: Counter.

Their normal moves are entirely different. Marth's are fast but weaker, while Ike's are slower but powerful. The animations are completely different and so are the hitboxes.
Their charged attacks (neutral specials) function differently too. The remainder of the special moves are completely different.

Mario and Luigi have more in common than Ike and Marth, actually.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
But.....you know.......cutting a character soley cause they are a clone is completely logical (¬_¬)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, I tweaked my actual roster a bit.

49 slots with 52 movesets. No cuts, 12 newcomers, 2 returning veterans.

Changes from before:
- Paper Mario removed
- Tingle removed
- Dixie Kong added

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I think it has one too many FE characters, it's a roster I would love to see happen!

Oh, I'm not 100% certain we will see four DK reps. It's possible but I think it's rather unlikely.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I love all this flair over my Ike opinion. It is missing the real point of the argument that people will be cut and that the real roster will be about 40 characters.
Even if we ignore the fact about ike/marth. Ike will still be cut. He is an old hat and was only in because his game was the newest in the line. Roy was very popular in melee and if they wanted, they could have retooled him. They chose to cut him out. Ike will suffer the same fate. Lucario will be cut in favor of Mewtwo. Lucario was only chosen because he was the "Mewtwo" of the newest generation at the time.

Toon Link, Wolf and Lucas all are semi-clones of Link, Fox and Ness. None of them really matter to much in those regards.

Logically, if we replace Ike with say Lucina, Lucario with Mewtwo. That leaves us with 3 new character slots to total at 39 (like brawl). I am sure more characters will get cut. Depends on who and what. I suspect PT will get the ax. He was an experiment and given how most players treated him, he will not be missed (IE hacking to remove what made him original). That gives us 3 more spaces. Round to 40 and we have 7 spaces for new and unique movesets.

Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager take up three spaces. That leaves 4 new spaces for new and unique movesets.
That is logical and would fit with all his comments.

He has said that we have reached the limit of the amount of characters. He has also said that he will add as many as he can. He is considering balancing and given rumors, there may be a customization feature. Given this information, 40 is very reasonable. No more than 45. I would also say.

40-45 is most reasonable. Anything more is wishful thinking. I could see less given how the 3DS is a more personal experience and both games are to share the same roster.

Oh, and for reference.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Clones_or_not_clones?

Just for some giggles.

I am going to expound on my logic for characters.

Mario - Duh
Luigi - Duh
Bowser - Duh
Peach - Duh
Donkey Kong - Duh
Diddy and Dixie - This was an idea he wanted to do in Brawl, but was talked out of it. Given how it is a new group and that the new DKs are so team based, representing that in Brawl would work. IT would also have an Ice climbers dynamic, but be fresh because you can switch to get a new moveset.
Yoshi - Duh
Wario - He is a mario character.
Villager - Announced
Pikmin and Olimar - While I think it might not be Olimar this time around, a Pikmin rep will exist.
Ness - Duh
Link - Represents the more modern Zelda Games
Zelda / Sheik - Represents the OoT and MM Games
Toon Ganon - Represents the WW and Toon styled games. With him, it represents almost the entire series. Makes sense given this information.
Samus/ZZS - Duh / Why not keep it?
Fox - Duh
Falco - Very popular and has been in since Melee
Captain Falcon - Duh
Kirby - Duh
Meta-Knight - He is from Sakurai's series. He has a 50/50 cut, but I seem him making it again
King Dedede - Sakurai wanted him in the original and he was in brawl.
Marth - Poster boy of the series
Lucina - One of the most popular characters in the new game.
Mr. Game and Watch - Unique
ROB - Last games unexpected. - Unique
Pikachu - Duh
Jigglypuff - Duh
Mewtwo/Newtwo - Cut from melee, but he is the new poster boy for the new gen.
Pit - Announced
Ice Climbers - Unique
Lil Mac - I am unsure about him. I might cut him out in favor of someone else. Still, he fits for now.
Wii Fit trainer - Just pure awesome.

Megaman - Announced
Sonic - Wanted again. Sega and Nintendo are also buddy buddy at the moment.
Snake - Doubt a return, but one can hope.
Pac Man - Yes Sakurai said that just because namco is helping, it does not guarantee a rep. But in all reality, it will probably happen.

Why not King K Rool, or Ridley.

If you remember back to the megaman trailer. What was at the very end? The yellow devil. We saw it forming. This could mean a few things. One thing is for certain. Bosses are back. If it is mini bosses during a revamped classic mode, or another SSE, we do not know. But bosses do appear to be returning.

With that, King K Rool and Ridley may be going there.

---
Now to cut charaters.

Lucario - Hold hat compared to Mewtwo.
Ike - Hold hat compared to Chrom, Lucina, etc.
Lucas - He might come back. Sakurai seems to have a fondness for the Mother series. Might replace lil mac with him.
Wolf - Clone of falco. Poinless landmaster tank.
Toon Link - He is Link, but in toon form. Why waste a space with him. Throw in Toon Ganondorf and get the WW rep out of the way. If people are going to miss Ganondorfs moves (which are based on Falcons if people remember), give them to Falcon in some way shape or form.
PT - Might add him back also. Thinking about it. Many people hated being forced to switch pokemon. I mean everyone. They specifically hacked the game to remove the tired function and to seperate the characters out. With that, he was mainly a failure.

Young Link - Will never return
Roy - Very old Hat
Pichu - I liked him, but he was just the Dan of Smash. No point in returning.
Dr. Mario - A costume if any.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Why are you cutting Wolf and not Falco, Falco is more clone of Fox than Wolf is.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Why are you cutting Wolf and not Falco, Falco is more clone of Fox than Wolf is.
Wolf is a hand me down of a hand me down.
It will either be Falco that gets cut or Wolf, but I fail to see both returning. Given Falco has been around longer, it will be wolf.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Wolf is a hand me down of a hand me down.
It will either be Falco that gets cut or Wolf, but I fail to see both returning. Given Falco has been around longer, it will be wolf.
In what way is he more similar to Falco than he is to Fox

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
In what way is he more similar to Falco than he is to Fox

Both are derived from Fox.
And why does it matter who he is most similar to? They are the Ryu/Ken/Sean/Akuma/Dan of the Smash games. One will get cut. Why not the newest. He is not that original given Falco came before him.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Because it's wrong to call him a clone of Falco if he's more similar to Fox.

He is a clone of both of them if that will make you happy. In the end, it honestly does not matter. He is a clone. Fox is the base. Falco is more floaty and Wolf was more power if I remember correctly.
Wolf is still a clone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wolf is a clone Fox, much like a rake has to do with neurosurgery.

Wolf and Fox play NOTHING alike. I'm not even a competitive player, yet once I played Wolf, I noticed that his moves have different properties and animations than Fox.

Falco is more of a clone of Fox than Wolf.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I love all this flair over my Ike opinion. It is missing the real point of the argument that people will be cut and that the real roster will be about 40 characters.
Even if we ignore the fact about ike/marth. Ike will still be cut. He is an old hat and was only in because his game was the newest in the line. Roy was very popular in melee and if they wanted, they could have retooled him. They chose to cut him out. Ike will suffer the same fate. Lucario will be cut in favor of Mewtwo. Lucario was only chosen because he was the "Mewtwo" of the newest generation at the time.

Toon Link, Wolf and Lucas all are semi-clones of Link, Fox and Ness. None of them really matter to much in those regards.

Logically, if we replace Ike with say Lucina, Lucario with Mewtwo. That leaves us with 3 new character slots to total at 39 (like brawl). I am sure more characters will get cut. Depends on who and what. I suspect PT will get the ax. He was an experiment and given how most players treated him, he will not be missed (IE hacking to remove what made him original). That gives us 3 more spaces. Round to 40 and we have 7 spaces for new and unique movesets.

Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager take up three spaces. That leaves 4 new spaces for new and unique movesets.
That is logical and would fit with all his comments.

He has said that we have reached the limit of the amount of characters. He has also said that he will add as many as he can. He is considering balancing and given rumors, there may be a customization feature. Given this information, 40 is very reasonable. No more than 45. I would also say.

40-45 is most reasonable. Anything more is wishful thinking. I could see less given how the 3DS is a more personal experience and both games are to share the same roster.

Oh, and for reference.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Clones_or_not_clones?

Just for some giggles.

I am going to expound on my logic for characters.

Mario - Duh
Luigi - Duh
Bowser - Duh
Peach - Duh
Donkey Kong - Duh
Diddy and Dixie - This was an idea he wanted to do in Brawl, but was talked out of it. Given how it is a new group and that the new DKs are so team based, representing that in Brawl would work. IT would also have an Ice climbers dynamic, but be fresh because you can switch to get a new moveset.
Yoshi - Duh
Wario - He is a mario character.
Villager - Announced
Pikmin and Olimar - While I think it might not be Olimar this time around, a Pikmin rep will exist.
Ness - Duh
Link - Represents the more modern Zelda Games
Zelda / Sheik - Represents the OoT and MM Games
Toon Ganon - Represents the WW and Toon styled games. With him, it represents almost the entire series. Makes sense given this information.
Samus/ZZS - Duh / Why not keep it?
Fox - Duh
Falco - Very popular and has been in since Melee
Captain Falcon - Duh
Kirby - Duh
Meta-Knight - He is from Sakurai's series. He has a 50/50 cut, but I seem him making it again
King Dedede - Sakurai wanted him in the original and he was in brawl.
Marth - Poster boy of the series
Lucina - One of the most popular characters in the new game.
Mr. Game and Watch - Unique
ROB - Last games unexpected. - Unique
Pikachu - Duh
Jigglypuff - Duh
Mewtwo/Newtwo - Cut from melee, but he is the new poster boy for the new gen.
Pit - Announced
Ice Climbers - Unique
Lil Mac - I am unsure about him. I might cut him out in favor of someone else. Still, he fits for now.
Wii Fit trainer - Just pure awesome.

Megaman - Announced
Sonic - Wanted again. Sega and Nintendo are also buddy buddy at the moment.
Snake - Doubt a return, but one can hope.
Pac Man - Yes Sakurai said that just because namco is helping, it does not guarantee a rep. But in all reality, it will probably happen.

Why not King K Rool, or Ridley.

If you remember back to the megaman trailer. What was at the very end? The yellow devil. We saw it forming. This could mean a few things. One thing is for certain. Bosses are back. If it is mini bosses during a revamped classic mode, or another SSE, we do not know. But bosses do appear to be returning.

With that, King K Rool and Ridley may be going there.

---
Now to cut charaters.

Lucario - Hold hat compared to Mewtwo.
Ike - Hold hat compared to Chrom, Lucina, etc.
Lucas - He might come back. Sakurai seems to have a fondness for the Mother series. Might replace lil mac with him.
Wolf - Clone of falco. Poinless landmaster tank.
Toon Link - He is Link, but in toon form. Why waste a space with him. Throw in Toon Ganondorf and get the WW rep out of the way. If people are going to miss Ganondorfs moves (which are based on Falcons if people remember), give them to Falcon in some way shape or form.
PT - Might add him back also. Thinking about it. Many people hated being forced to switch pokemon. I mean everyone. They specifically hacked the game to remove the tired function and to seperate the characters out. With that, he was mainly a failure.

Young Link - Will never return
Roy - Very old Hat
Pichu - I liked him, but he was just the Dan of Smash. No point in returning.
Dr. Mario - A costume if any.
Why replace Ike with female Marth?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lucina would be more of a clone to Marth than Ike....

But anyways, far enough. I still don't agree about the amount of cuts but those are your opinions. They are fact. The possibility still lies that you are in fact wrong. However, the way you say things suggest you feel you are absolutly right. "Ike will be cut. Wolf will be cut. Toon Link will be cut." You never suggest that you could be wrong. And that's what angers or frustrates people. What you say are educated guesses yet to portray them as fact in an abrupt manner while neglecting to evaluate or reconsider others opinions. I hate to say it but I joe you are 100% wrong in your predictions cause, well, IMo that's a lack luster, depressing roster.

I think there will be cuts but not the extreme you suggested. As well, I don't agree with some of the replacements you suggested such as Lucina, Diddy plus Dixie, and Toon Ganon while completely going over popular and likely characters such as Ridley, Palutena, Takamaru and even suggest Little Mac won't make it in. There is a reason why they are all popular and likely picks. Not only because they are popular but they are relevant, unique, demanded, and iconic.

That's my piece. At least you are pulling a Noah and flipping out. You are handling a lot of the flair in a calm manner at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom