• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are we having an argument about PICHU?
Does ANYONE think Pichu is returning? What is there to argue about?
That's not even what this is about. Why don't you do us a favor though and actually PM that to Golden. Finally prove he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Where the **** is Golden's evidence!? What a hypocrite!

This is evidence to Pichu's merits

• Pichu's popularity and importance in advertising, games, and Anime as well as reception.
  • Pichu being planned BEFORE the beefing of the roster according to a recorded list of plans in Melee: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37915502&postcount=7506
  • Pichu being the most iconic next to Meowth at the time of Melee! Prove me wrong and you get a cookie.
I will not lie: Pichu was heavily important and iconic at the time. HOWEVER, never did that report say that Pichu was planned. He was simply considered to be in the game, but was passed on (if this is accurate). That does not mean planned. Characters in Brawl like Mewtwo and Roy, they were planned. Pichu was not planned before beefing up the roster. Granted, he was considered, but never planned like you say he was.

Proper verb usage, my friend.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I will not lie: Pichu was heavily important and iconic at the time. HOWEVER, never did that report say that Pichu was planned. He was simply considered to be in the game, but was passed on (if this is accurate). That does not mean planned. Characters in Brawl like Mewtwo and Roy, they were planned. Pichu was not planned before beefing up the roster. Granted, he was considered, but never planned like you say he was.

Proper verb usage, my friend.
"Considered" is the word I meant to use. Still waiting for Golden to prove his superiority. I swear this guy is making me facepalm in real life. Something I don't commonly do on forums.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
"Considered" is the word I meant to use. Still waiting for Golden to prove his superiority. I swear this guy is making me facepalm in real life. Something I don't commonly do on forums.
Well, at least for me, I believe Pichu would have never been in Smash if it weren't for Sakurai's consideration of clones. Being too similar to Pikachu was why he was passed over in the first place.

Pichu had merits to get in as a clone, not as his own fighter.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
please elaborate the difference between clone & own fighter.

Also saying Pichu wouldn't have gotten in if not for being a clone is true

saying he has no merits outside that is false
Obviously, to be a character initially planned for the roster, he didn't have enough merits to get in. Sure he was popular and iconic, but his similarities towards Pikachu rebounded and made Sakurai pass on him.

By the time we got clones, it was the perfect opportunity to add Pichu. His already-stated popularity was there, and he was similar to Pikachu to be a clone of him.

His merits didn't get him in as his own "deeply thought-out", well-considered fighter, like the 20 Sakurai thought out. His merits got him into the game as a clone. By "own" fighter, I meant being part of those original 20 characters. They weren't to beef up the roster, Pichu and the others were. I could have worded it better though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't know much about Melee's development etc. So that's why I avoided the earlier conversation.

yeah I'm just saying that not like anyone cares

So umm, I'll pick the DK series for a new topic.

D

Deleted member

I would say Luigi.

....then add him as a "Luigi's Mansion" character. :troll:
LOOPHOLE ABUSE.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm kinda surprised that you guys picked Luigi, I'm pretty sure Luigi was more of a major character than Peach, especially with Year of Luigi going on.
It's basically the main character the side character and the villain. Pretty much like Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and K. Rool.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How much of an effect do you think Tropical Freeze had on Smash Development?
Hmm, assuming Sakurai found out about some aspects of Tropical Freeze later during Smash 4's development, it may have had a good affect on some DK content such as stages and may affect K. Rool's chances assuming he isn't in Tropical Freeze. Although Sakurai may have chosen not to base some desicsions due to the game either.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Probably not very much. DKCR most likely had a bigger impact, but that may have made him consider Dixie as a playable character moreso than K Rool.

... That is, unless K Rool is in Tropical Freeze *crosses fingers*

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I always figured Sakurai leans more towards sidekicks than villains. Maybe because they're more recurring thus it's easier to give them moves, or sometimes because they share a lot with the main characters.

I think Dixie has a higher chance than K.Rool, but I can't say which I prefer, to be honest. Since I used to play a lot of DKC2 demos at Electronic Boutiques, I've alwaysbeen more familiar with Dixie.
Unfortunately for her.... K.Rool likes boxing, and that alone piques my interest for him as a character. So I'd be OK either way.

Would be awesome to have both, TBH. Both are supposed to be super iconic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How about if you had to remove one of the 4 currently announced Mario characters, who would it be?

Yoshi :troll:

I don't think it'll have that much, seeing as it hasn't even been released yet. Sakurai or the other devs might not have known about it at first. Still, I suppose someone could be added later on in development. That said, I can see either Dixie or King K. Rool being added at some point in the series.

Heck, if we get lucky, we can get both in the same game. Stuff like that has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom