• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Incorrect. Pichu was added for recency about as much as Pikachu was.
Incorrect. While Pichu did get in due to its popularity from 2nd Gen, he did not get in solely for that. As Golden said, he was a last-minute addition that had no merit to the original roster. That and he was an easy clone to make of Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

I'm not that familiar with Street Fighter, but I'm guessing the "hissing cobra" line is something Dudley says?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
...I don't think he even got the joke, you guys...

This is rather embarrassing.
Of course I did my dear Mr. L...

If there's any character to represent myself in Smashboards Brawl, it must be the master of dimensions and the pleaser of crowds. You are as good with quotes as you are with handling your robot.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
For some reason I feel like there won't be any cuts and there will be less new characters. However, Sakurai did say something about how some of our favorite characters won't make it in the next installment. If I had to guess I'd have to say Ike, Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are in the hotseat, with the possibility of R.O.B. and Lucario as well. My question is would you rather have these characters or the new characters? Last time around all of the cuts were clones except for Mewtwo, which made them easier to cut because there was already a character that played exactly the same or similarly to the cut character. Some would say that Roy, Mewtwo, and Young Link were "replaced" by Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link respectively. This is debatable.

So would you guys rather there be more cuts in order for there to be more new characters? I honestly would like it better if semi-clones like Wolf and Lucas were ditched for more characters with original movesets.

D

Deleted member

Wait....

......did someone say.....

Dr. Mario?

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!
Who's ready for some brightly colored pills?!?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

If there's any character to represent myself in Smashboards Brawl, it must be the master of dimensions and the pleaser of crowds. You are as good with quotes as you are with handling your robot.
I think I'd either be Hercule, because of my humorous ways, Piccolo, or Vegeta because of my sarcasm and pride.

D

Deleted member

@Habanero:
Just as long as you got fever or the chills!

(not being able to direct quote on this computer sucks....)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I must say, you surely got him good this time. He didn't even realize that he fooled himself into that one.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No, the joke HotFeet made.
You mean the completley immature and trollish response that in no way indicated a joke as it was delivered in a completley serious, non over the top manner like a normal joke and is in fact NOT a joke? Yes that joke?

As Golden said, he was a last-minute addition that had no merit to the original roster.
Tell Golden I said, he needs to research Pichu more if he actually thought his inclusion was unmerited. He was the only logical choice after Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo.

Didn't Sakurai say he wanted to add a 2nd gen. Pokemon (that wasn't Pichu) but none of the really popular ones were feasible?
Sakurai didn't think of adding Ike at first. Once or twice he misinterprets what is most popular.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For some reason I feel like there won't be any cuts and there will be less new characters. However, Sakurai did say something about how some of our favorite characters won't make it in the next installment. If I had to guess I'd have to say Ike, Wolf, Lucas, and Snake are in the hotseat, with the possibility of R.O.B. and Lucario as well. My question is would you rather have these characters or the new characters? Last time around all of the cuts were clones except for Mewtwo, which made them easier to cut because there was already a character that played exactly the same or similarly to the cut character. Some would say that Roy, Mewtwo, and Young Link were "replaced" by Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link respectively. This is debatable.

So would you guys rather there be more cuts in order for there to be more new characters? I honestly would like it better if semi-clones like Wolf and Lucas were ditched for more characters with original movesets.
Well, I'm taking what he said very cautiously. He said every character that has been in Smash, not just Brawl. I don't know if that was just a weird translation or not. But he said it in advance. So I'm not too sure how it will go down. However, I believe Ike, Lucas, Snake, and Lucario are in the most trouble if cuts would happen.

D

Deleted member

@Tumblr: I didn't say anything about having "no merit" to the initial roster. I said Pichu (as well as the other 5 clones) were not part of the initial plan for Melee.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well, I'm taking what he said very cautiously. He said every character that has been in Smash, not just Brawl. I don't know if that was just a weird translation or not. But he said it in advance. So I'm not too sure how it will go down. However, I believe Ike, Lucas, Snake, and Lucario are in the most trouble if cuts would happen.
but why lucario?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Tell Golden I said, he needs to research Pichu more if he actually thought his inclusion was unmerited. He was the only logical choice after Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo.
You're missing the point. His inclusion wasn't warranted enough on his own. He was only considered for the last-minute decision. Besides, there was always Meowth they could have put in, and personally I find that at that time to be the next logical choice. But again, they were only looking for last-minute clones.

D

Deleted member

@BluePikmin: Yes.
Though there may have been a 20th (non-Sheik) character :dedede: according to some unverified sources.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You mean the completley immature and trollish response that in no way indicated a joke as it was delivered in a completley serious, non over the top manner like a normal joke and is in fact NOT a joke? Yes that joke?

Ah ha ha, poor poor Mr. L cannot even act normally over a quote. I wonder if he's still upset about the fact that I blew him to pieces and sent him to the Under-where before sending his brother, the ravishing princess and the arm-flailer after him. At least I was considerate enough to send him someone to play with.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
@Tumblr: I didn't say anything about having "no merit" to the initial roster. I said Pichu (as well as the other 5 clones) were not part of the initial plan for Melee.
Sorry, I was sort of adding on to what you said. I was saying he had no merit to the initial roster, supported by your evidence. Sorry. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ah ha ha, poor poor Mr. L cannot even act normally over a quote. I wonder if he's still upset about the fact that I blew him to pieces and sent him to the Under-where before sending his brother, the ravishing princess and the arm-flailer after him. At least I was considerate enough to send him someone to play with.
Hotfeet confirmed as Dimentio for Super Smashboards Brawl.
(PS: Loving the SPM references, keep 'em coming! I'll join in too, it'll be -icus all over again)

Sounds about the same as Lucario's merits of inclusion. OH, BUT HE'S A CLONE! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
LOOKARYO IZ A CLOONE TO BECUZ HE HAZ SHADOW BALLZ.
Edit: Double Post. Whoops.

D

Deleted member

@Louie: It's currently unverified since we cannot find the initial source cednym said he got his information.

While I personally believe it to be true, as I remember hearing a lot of what he said before someplace else long before I came to SmashBoards, I cannot say for sure it is actually true until I see the claimed sources.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
but why lucario?
I don't know. It depends. I see Lucario getting cut only for the sake of opening room for other Pokemon fighters. I doubt he'd be cut, but he has a chance. I think everyone else is fine. These characters have some chance of getting cut, and maybe Wolf to a lesser extent. Just my opinion.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
  • Most popular Generation 2 Pokemon
  • Popularity in Anime
Sounds about the same as Lucario's merits of inclusion. OH, BUT HE'S A CLONE! HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Was Lucario added for the sake of buffing up the roster? OR did he get in truly based on his merits as a Pokemon character?

I'm not denying Pichu's popularity, but he was only added to beef up the roster when it was finished. That's it. They picked Pichu, probably because of these reasons, and the fact that he would be an easy clone.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359

I can see Ike and Snake being cut. Ike can be replaced by a newer Fire Emblem character as Roy was before him and Snake, while I love him dearly, isn't a Nintendo character, which gives him a disadvantage. With Lucario's role in X & Y, I see him back. Lucas is a toss up. I'd think he stays because he represents Mother 3, while Ness represents the earlier games. I'd say Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, and R.O.B. all have a chance of being cut as well, but we'll just have to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom