• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Super smash boards melee should have divine d but have him removed and placed in the forbidden 7 in the next roster

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here's a question for you.

If the next FE character WASN'T a lord, who would you want. For me, it would be Tharja, as she could represent the more magical side of FE.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

If the next FE character WASN'T a lord, who would you want. For me, it would be Tharja, as she could represent the more magical side of FE.
has to be Anna,
she is the only one who is important enough and frequent enough in the series, that I'll actually be fine with

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
would make you most angry if they were cut?
I'd go with either Kirby character.
Wolf, because he's the character I enjoy the most, both as an individual and playstyle-wise, that is potentially on the chopping block. Would it be a shame to lose Jigglypuff, Lucas, or Ike? Yeah, that would suck just based on principle, but personally, I'm indifferent.

Another thing: I, for one, do see Falco as a shoo-in, because there is absolutely zero evidence that he was in any way considered to be a cut for Brawl, being programmed right up there with Ganondorf and the rest of the Melee veterans. People claimed he was on the chopping block then, too, and will continue to do so as long as Smash continues, but based on what we know, that's just not happening. Sorry, Krystal hopefuls.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
would make you most angry if they were cut?
I'd go with either Kirby character.
I'm one of those who say that there are no shoo-ins. Also, I assume by "not a veteran" you mean Brawl newcomers. In that case, I'd say Ike. Especially if he's replaced by Chrom.

If the next FE character WASN'T a lord, who would you want.
Anna. HM goes to Robin.
For me, it would be Tharja, as she could represent the more magical side of FE.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
The only veterans that can really be cutted are ike and lucario, because those guys exist only for money.
Wolf is kinda like Mewtwo because there is no strong reason to put him in first place and then take him out, so im not sure, but lucas and the rest of the brawl new comers are a YES for me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, god! We're talking about cuts!!!!! :skull:

I still don't think Lucario getting cut is very likely. It seems rather foolish of Sakurai to repeat the "Big" mistake of Brawl (which was cutting such an iconic Pokemon). I mean cutting Mewtwo and then cutting Lucario for the previously cut Mewtwo? I sure as hell wouldn't be happy with that. Plus it adds variety to have at least one Pokemon playable that isn't Gen 1 (and this is coming from a genwunner)

The only veterans that can really be cutted are ike and lucario, because those guys exist only for money.
Oh, goddammit!!! :facepalm:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wolf is kinda like Mewtwo because there is no strong reason to put him in first place and then take him out, so im not sure, but lucas and the rest of the brawl new comers are a YES for me.
So do you want Sakurai to have more money by keeping them. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Behold! Super Smash Boards Melee!

The roster bumped from 12 to 26. Here are your playable fighters:

Entei: Golden Yuiitusin
K.Rool : BKupa
Isaac: N3ON
Booker DeWitt: Scoliosis Jones
Mario & Sonic: Mario and Sonic Guy
Muddy Mole: Opossum
Charmander: King Of Phantoms
Ivysaur: Swampasaur
Pichu: SuperBrawler
Chandelure: Chandelure
Jigglypuff: MorbidAltruism
Shulk: Xenoblaze
Ridley: Oasis_S
Wolf: lonekonwolf
Krystal: Shortie. Can. Brawl.
Roy: Chronobound
Guile: Johnknight
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong
Spider Man: Thekewlusername
Mega Man: Super Smash Bros Fan
Luigi: Louie G.
Paper Luigi: SaturnGamer64
Peach: TumblrFamous
Toon Link: FalKoopa
Little Mac: Pizzadudemanguy
Blue Pikmin: bluepikmin11

Yay, Thekewlusername is in! He'll totally be my main!

Now, we need the most popular character, lets support TheDivineDivinity for Brawl!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
What? is true, gamefreaks and intelligent systems only want your money.
Lucario has his new mega form so is possible for him to stay (and im sure mewtwo is back so... yeah) but ike?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What? is true, gamefreaks and intelligent systems only want your money.
How is that different from any other game studio?
Lucario has his new mega form so is possible for him to stay (and im sure mewtwo is back so... yeah) but ike?
Ike is a main character in two FE games, which is no small feat. He's also the only character with two games to have both of his games released in the West.

Plus, I'd say that the existence of Priam shows IS still cares about Ike.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Yay, Thekewlusername is in! He'll totally be my main!

Now, we need the most popular character, lets support TheDivineDivinity for Brawl!
My name is LoneKonWolf, and I approve of this message!
imagine it, if we put him in, we can cut him later:troll:
Edit: crap, just realized that Saturn already did that

Wolf is kinda like Mewtwo because there is no strong reason to put him in first place and then take him out
MemeCenter_1383356721765_626.jpg

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't think multiple appearances in games really matter, unless they factor to their popularity.
Says the Anna supporter. :rolleyes:

Edit: Not bashing Anna, just saying that she wouldn't be likely at all if she'd made fewer than, like, 4 or 5 appearances.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
In my opinion, cuts are possible and somewhat likely to happen. However, no character on the previous roster deserves to get cut, they are all iconic and important enough to stay. They all deserve to stay.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
DivineDiety for Super Smashboards Brawl!
Also a proud supporter of Hotfeet and Arcadenik!
Because who WOULDN'T want a Saturn vs Divine, Hotfeet, and Arcadenik battle?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think multiple appearances in games really matter, unless they factor to their popularity.
ANNA!

In my opinion, cuts are possible and somewhat likely to happen. However, no character on the previous roster deserves to get cut, they are all iconic and important enough to stay. They all deserve to stay.
It was basically the perfect one. Brawl's roster should NOT be tampered with.(unless to replace Snake with Bomberman :troll:)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh I get it now.. :laugh:

It's probably going to be the uniqueness of a Trickster that's gonna get her in.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
IKE? THE SECOND MOST POPULAR AND IMPORTANT FIRE EMBLEM LORD AND ONLY ONE OUT OF HIM AND MARTH TO APPEAR AS THE MAIN CHARACTER IN MULTIPLE TITLES!? :eek:

Nah! Let's replace him with Cloney McRecency! :p
I don't support Chrom, but he wouldn't be a clone. He may have the sword, but he uses it completely differently. He has the agility of Marth and the strength of Ike. He'd be a combination of the two at cloniest.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
ask pichu.

Im sure no one has ever forgot about mewtwo, and look what happened to him.
Dont get me wrong, i like ike, but thats what happened to melee, wouldnt be surprised.
Sakurai didn't work himself to death with no holidays and injured his hand because of love and effort. HE JUST WUNTZ MUNEY!

It's probably going to be the uniqueness of a Trickster that's gonna get her in.
THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE! :chuckle:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Yes! Move over Sonic vs. Mario and Megaman, we got a new contender for the greatest battle of all time!

Yeah, that's the thing about the Brawl roster, unlike Melee every character had a good reason for being there and a good reason to stick around, removing any would be unfortunate.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Brace yourself. Do you have any idea what you've started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom