• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Figure out an entrance for your favorite newcomers!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Behold! Super Smash Boards Melee!

The roster bumped from 12 to 26. Here are your playable fighters:

Entei: Golden Yuiitusin
K.Rool : BKupa
Isaac: N3ON
Booker DeWitt: Scoliosis Jones
Mario & Sonic: Mario and Sonic Guy
Muddy Mole: Opossum
Charmander: King Of Phantoms
Ivysaur: Swampasaur
Pichu: SuperBrawler
Chandelure: Chandelure
Jigglypuff: MorbidAltruism
Shulk: Xenoblaze
Ridley: Oasis_S
Wolf: lonekonwolf
Krystal: Shortie. Can. Brawl.
Roy: Chronobound
Guile: Johnknight
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong
Spider Man: Thekewlusername
Mega Man: Super Smash Bros Fan
Luigi: Louie G.
Paper Luigi: SaturnGamer64
Peach: TumblrFamous
Toon Link: FalKoopa
Little Mac: Pizzadudemanguy
Blue Pikmin: bluepikmin11

This roster is going places, I like it. Though we need Piccolo and King Bradley.

EDIT: Do we have anyone with a Batman avatar?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Link sounds pretty good now!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Really? I remember you saying how "undeserving" the Advance Wars franchise was of having a playable character not too long ago.
Compared to Starfy and other nominees. Not to mention we were talking about DLC. Looks like you don't remember very well. :rolleyes:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Compared to Starfy and other nominees. Not to mention we were talking about DLC. Looks like you don't remember very well, smart alack. :rolleyes:
*Smart aleck
Firefox's spell check sees it as a misspelling and tries to "correct" the E.

I've never cared too much about Nintendo/Advance Wars, but I'd love a character from the series, especially after seeing some fan-based movesets on these forums.
Strategy-based moves would bring something pretty cool and unique to the battleground.

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think the fumes of hype and anticipation are getting to you guys' heads which is causing you to read/look into stuff that isn't really there. Do we honestly believe Sakurai would develop a stage in a particular manner to ambiguously tease a character who is mostly requested in North America? I fear these holes may support the belief that Ridley unfortunately may indeed be a stage hazard, which MAY be the implication of Sakurai's comment on the stage itself.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think the fumes of hype and anticipation are getting to you guys' heads which is causing you to read/look into stuff that isn't really there. Do we honestly believe Sakurai would develop a stage in a particular manner to ambiguously tease a character who is mostly requested in North America? I fear these holes may support the belief that Ridley unfortunately may indeed be a stage hazard, which MAY be the implication of Sakurai's comment on the stage itself.
Yeah, people read too much into it. I can safely say few people want him as bad as I do, 10 years waiting for your favorite video game character isn't easy, but I'm still not gullibe enough to think a hole in the wall is intentionally shaped like Ridley's head, it's the whole "in the clouds" deal over again. I do believe the holes are just aesthetics, nothing to do with gameplay though, but it's not Ridley's head, it's just a rift in the wall, nothing more, nothing less.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So...

Figure out an entrance for your favorite newcomers!

Mike J.
>Dropped off from a yellow helicopter.
>Materializes into the stage due to the Oxford Wonder World book.

Little Mac
>Runs in the pink suit after Doc in his bike. Takes the suit off, fists Doc Louis' fist before he rides off and Little Mac gets into his fighting pose.

Saki
>Teleported by Achi. Is confused at first, then takes out his gun-blade
>Rides a jet bike with Airan and Achi, and jumps off as it passes by.

Isaac
>Teleport animation from Golden Sun (re-assembles from thousands of colored particles)

Goose
>Gets shot from a cannon, and lands on a target (which breaks using the break the targets sound effect)
>Airplane passes by, Goose parachutes in
>Hang glider passes by, Goose drops off.

Team Rocket
>Enter through their traditional Meowth balloon, Meowth jumps off and gets ready to fight. (The first two lines of Team Rocket's motto can be heard as they descend on the balloon)

Duck Hunt Dog
>Leaps in from off screen

Takamaru
>Removes invisibility, and unsheathes katana

Simon Belmont
>Rides the giant bat from the first Castlevania's level.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Link sounds pretty good now!
I will be honest. When I first saw that red above Samus, I actually thought Ridley was confirmed to be a stage hazard and Samus was getting hit by Ridley's fireballs. But closer inspection showed that it was just Link stabbing Samus.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Behold! Super Smash Boards Melee!

The roster bumped from 12 to 26. Here are your playable fighters:

Entei: Golden Yuiitusin
K.Rool : BKupa
Isaac: N3ON
Booker DeWitt: Scoliosis Jones
Mario & Sonic: Mario and Sonic Guy
Muddy Mole: Opossum
Charmander: King Of Phantoms
Ivysaur: Swampasaur
Pichu: SuperBrawler
Chandelure: Chandelure
Jigglypuff: MorbidAltruism
Shulk: Xenoblaze
Ridley: Oasis_S
Wolf: lonekonwolf
Krystal: Shortie. Can. Brawl.
Roy: Chronobound
Guile: Johnknight
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong
Spider Man: Thekewlusername
Mega Man: Super Smash Bros Fan
Luigi: Louie G.
Peach: TumblrFamous
Toon Link: FalKoopa
Little Mac: Pizzadudemanguy
Blue Pikmin: bluepikmin11
Can I be Bandana Dee? XD Chandelure is only my user name and I can't change it. XD
Thank you for including me!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I'm going to be the first to ask this, but what do you guys think that horizontal shockwave above Samus' red trail is?
Is it exploding out of the lava? Or is it a shockwave sent from the right side of the screen?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's a part of the launch effect, as seen in the other pictures where characters are launched away.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hm... Meteor smashes are nice and all. But I don't like the thought of hitting them straight into the stage opposed to hitting them into the top blastbox.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hm... Meteor smashes are nice and all. But I don't like the thought of hitting them straight into the stage opposed to hitting them into the top blastbox.
Like the Sakurai quote says, it depends on where and when you hit them in the animation. If you hit them with the tip right at the start of the animation, it becomes a meteor smash. A good Link player will be able to fire the target into the direction he wants to.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I consider that the new meteor smash of Link is a nerf more than a buff lol.
That attack is laggy as hell and with Link's crappy recovery it will result in more suicides than meteor smashes.
His down air was like the only decent attack of Link.
Opinions? XD

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I consider that the new meteor smash of Link is a nerf more than a buff lol.
That attack is laggy as hell and with Link's crappy recovery it will result in more suicides than meteor smashes.
His down air was like the only decent attack of Link.
Opinions? XD
I have a feeling that im going to kill myself alot trying to do this move. Anyone with a brainstem can avoid this move and if its as laggy as it was in brawl, theres no way youll be able to recover if you miss.

Not really a nerf, but it is by no means a buff either haha

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Compared to Starfy and other nominees. Not to mention we were talking about DLC. Looks like you don't remember very well. :rolleyes:
I wouldn't consider them just lower priority, I would consider them characters that don't deserve to be playable in the first place and don't fit in (even as DLC). I don't think they would have priority in the first place even if there were 60 slots.

I feel DLC should be for planned/removed characters and alternate versions of existing characters. (And no I don't think Krystal & Andy will ever be planned characters, thus I don't think they'll be planned DLC either.)
Sure, I'm the one that doesn't remember it well.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Yeah, people read too much into it. I can safely say few people want him as bad as I do, 10 years waiting for your favorite video game character isn't easy, but I'm still not gullibe enough to think a hole in the wall is intentionally shaped like Ridley's head, it's the whole "in the clouds" deal over again. I do believe the holes are just aesthetics, nothing to do with gameplay though, but it's not Ridley's head, it's just a rift in the wall, nothing more, nothing less.
The hole that everyone seems to think is shaped like Ridley's head was in the very first Pyrosphere picture if I'm not mistaken. Nobody seems to have noticed it then.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The hole that everyone seems to think is shaped like Ridley's head was in the very first Pyrosphere picture if I'm not mistaken. Nobody seems to have noticed it then.
Yeah, I know what one they're talking about, and people did point that out on the very first day. It sort of looks like Ridley's head, but it's really stretching it imo, and I don't believe Sakurai made it so intentionally, it'd just be silly to do so. It's just a cool rift, it looks awesome, and it's awesome decoration, nothing more, nothing less.

So guys if you need to choose one who will be it?
Ridley or King K. Rool?

.n_n.
As much as I like K. Rool, of course it's gonna be Ridley. I'd choose Ridley over any other character either way, which this kind of proves since K. Rool is my second most wanted character. It's kind of unfair for K. Rool to match up against my favorite video game character though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

If you can get me a roster image of Smash 64 Luigi, i'd happily switch it for you.

It would be very interesting to see the reactions of fans if Ridley becomes a stage hazard.

I'm calling it right now. At least one of Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena or Mewtwo is going to be playable in Smash 4. it's just going to happen.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
About the nintendo wars character, my assumption is a snake clone.
But i want snake again, sonic just sucks, so maybe next game we'll see our generic orange star unit.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I think our chances of playing the following characters are this:

Ridley > Mewtwo > King K. Rool > Palutena

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom