• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think our chances of playing the following characters are this:

Ridley > Mewtwo > King K. Rool > Palutena

.n_n.
As I recently posted, I definitely think we're getting at least one of them. Personally, I think Mewtwo is the most likely based on the circumstances, however I think 2 or 3 isn't out of the realm of possibility either. I mean lets face it. Sakurai has to put in the big name characters to create the most hype. Those four are by far the most hype inducing characters for Smash 4, so expecting them shouldn't be a long shot.

Additionally, as I mentioned in the Ridley thread, hype is slowly dying, and I have a feeling next month we'll get a reveal in the Nintendo Direct. I personally think that Little Mac, Pac Man and Miis aren't going to be enough to spark interest, simply because those three are essentially expected. If one of those four that were listed are revealed, the forums will probably explode.

SonicMario

Smash Master
About the nintendo wars character, my assumption is a snake clone.
But i want snake again, sonic just sucks, so maybe next game we'll see our generic orange star unit.
As much as I like Sonic. I'll bring up something I do want to ask some people.

Sonic and Megaman are both confirmed. So at the very least, we will have two 3rd parties. With a possibility of a 3rd.

I'm going to ask the boards this question, and I'm sorry if this is a discussion that's been done too many times already...

If there is a 3rd spot for 3rd Party... Would you rather have Snake return, a different 3rd Party to take his place, or would you think the best scenario would be we get four third parties. Snake returning as well, with another 3rd Party newcomer other then Megaman?

(My personal thoughts is if only three are allowed then I'd prefer Snake return, only new 3rd Party being Megaman. But if there's room for four. I won't mind)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well It's a tough choice for me as I do like Snake but I also really want to see Professor Layton playable in Smash. If we can have four, I'd be very happy if we ended up with Megaman, Sonic, Snake and Layton but that's just me. :/

*Secretly hopes (although chances are very small) that Layton gets revealed tomorrow or Friday......* :T

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As much as I like Sonic. I'll bring up something I do want to ask some people.

Sonic and Megaman are both confirmed. So at the very least, we will have two 3rd parties. With a possibility of a 3rd.

I'm going to ask the boards this question, and I'm sorry if this is a discussion that's been done too many times already...

If there is a 3rd spot for 3rd Party... Would you rather have Snake return, a different 3rd Party to take his place, or would you think the best scenario would be we get four third parties. Snake returning as well, with another 3rd Party newcomer other then Megaman?

(My personal thoughts is if only three are allowed then I'd prefer Snake return, only new 3rd Party being Megaman. But if there's room for four. I won't mind)
Snake hands down.

However, I think 4 3rd parties isn't too bad in a roster of 40+, so I can see both Snake and Pac-Man getting in.

Also, for those of you following the development of Super Smash Boards, here is your first stage:

Featuring the first of many stages: the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
People don't like to use common sense.
Eh I love to enjoy what everyone is going on about Smashboards. :laugh: I don't really block people.

So guys if you need to choose one who will be it?
Ridley or King K. Rool?

.n_n.
Ridley!
K. Rool in my honest honest opinion doesn't really need to be in SSB4 right now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Layton is truly a third party? i saw some nintendo logos on them, maybe more like a second one?
He belongs to Level-5 which is a third party company so yeah, he's a third party character as much as I wish he wasn't...... :T

Though Nintendo does publish his games.... At least in the non-Japanese regions nowadays.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Both K Rool & Ridley are overdue and are characters I really like.
. . . . . . . . . .
Kinda hard for me to pick honestly.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
For the Super SmashBoards Roster, you shouldn't forget Felicia for Hotfeet, and Ike for me.

Anyways, if we only can have 3 third parties, I'd prefer keeping Snake, but if we were to have 4, I would want it to be either Layton, or Pac-man, as much as I don't want Pac-man, he is very likely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sure, I'm the one that doesn't remember it well.
Again, no quote of me saying the Nintendo Wars series is undeserving. Only Andy for solely representing the Advance Wars subseries. That's like taking my quote of Krystal and turning it into me saying "Star Fox isn't deserving".

Again, I say it is you, oh, fine sir, who remembers not.

If you can get me a roster image of Smash 64 Luigi, i'd happily switch it for you.
Don't worry, I have a little trick up my sleeve..........................................................
Ariand?...
ARIAND!?!?
ARIAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED YOUR AWESOMENESS, ARIAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
plz...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Uhhhh........from an importance point of view, not a personal point of view.
Well, Nintendo Wars is a bigger franchise, but like I said before, none of the characters really fight per se, but use giant vehicles to fight.
Starfy fights all on his own, and his series isn't small (in fact it's bigger than Mother and Kid Icarus).
So I say Starfy to be honest. I don't believe Nintendo Wars characters are really being considered at the moment.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
would make you most angry if they were cut?
I'd go with either Kirby character.
So which character that hasn't been announced to return yet? I would say Lucas. I would be furious if they cut him. I mean, he was the first character I used in Brawl. I didn't touch a single character, and was able to unlock all unlockable characters with just Lucas alone. I love Lucas, and be really ticked if they cut him.

And Saturn, definitely Starfy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It is true that all Kirby characters (and Ganondorf) are pretty much shoo-ins. But most would be very angry in the hypothetical situation that they ARE cut.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Again, no quote of me saying the Nintendo Wars series is undeserving. Only Andy for solely representing the Advance Wars subseries. That's like taking my quote of Krystal and turning it into me saying "Star Fox isn't deserving".

Again, I say it is you, oh, fine sir, who remembers not.

Don't worry, I have a little trick up my sleeve..........................................................
Ariand?...
ARIAND!?!?
ARIAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED YOUR AWESOMENESS, ARIAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
plz...
i'm not ariand, and i'm not the best,
but I had my tools out today so I said what the H***
here ya go mate
64 luigi.jpg

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

Behold! Super Smash Boards Melee!

The roster bumped from 12 to 26. Here are your playable fighters:

Entei: Golden Yuiitusin
K.Rool : BKupa
Isaac: N3ON
Booker DeWitt: Scoliosis Jones
Mario & Sonic: Mario and Sonic Guy
Muddy Mole: Opossum
Charmander: King Of Phantoms
Ivysaur: Swampasaur
Pichu: SuperBrawler
Chandelure: Chandelure
Jigglypuff: MorbidAltruism
Shulk: Xenoblaze
Ridley: Oasis_S
Wolf: lonekonwolf
Krystal: Shortie. Can. Brawl.
Roy: Chronobound
Guile: Johnknight
Diddy Kong: Diddy Kong
Spider Man: Thekewlusername
Mega Man: Super Smash Bros Fan
Luigi: Louie G.
Paper Luigi: SaturnGamer64
Peach: TumblrFamous
Toon Link: FalKoopa
Little Mac: Pizzadudemanguy
Blue Pikmin: bluepikmin11
You should have included me as Tepig.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
Pokémon Trainer, unless May or Dawn replace him.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
Ummm, I can't think of anyone I wouldn't get mad if they cut. I really like every single character! I guess the ones that would come as a slap to the face are :snake: and :lucas: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom