• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Im sure no one has ever forgot about mewtwo, and look what happened to him.
Dont get me wrong, i like ike, but thats what happened to melee, wouldnt be surprised.
Both Mewtwo and Roy were planned for Brawl at one point(far enough into development that they made it on to the disc).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't support Chrom, but he wouldn't be a clone. He may have the sword, but he uses it completely differently.
Forgive me for I haven't yet played Awakening, but all I ever saw him do differently was the screw attack. His sword is still pretty much the same, but even if Chrom uses it slightly differently and is heavy, that's not the criteria that gives you a unique move set. Sakurai likely doesn't seem him as more than a Marth clone. Sure you could give him different specials, but there is still the Smash Attacks. Again, that's more of the criteria that makes you into a clone.

Both Mewtwo and Roy were planned for Brawl at one point(far enough into development that they made it on to the disc).
Doesn't matter. His point was that they didn't make the final cut. But, still...

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Forgive me for I haven't yet played Awakening, but all I ever saw him do differently was the screw attack. His sword is still pretty much the same, but even if Chrom uses it slightly differently and is heavy, that's not the criteria that gives you a unique move set. Sakurai likely doesn't seem him as more than a Marth clone. Sure you could give him different specials, but there is still the Smash Attacks. Again, that's more of the criteria that makes you into a clone.
I disagree entirely. I still insist he'd be a mix of the two (I've played Awakening).

I don't support him for the same reason you don't: He wouldn't be his own unique character. Just mixing the two isn't entirely unique, so I don't support it. Alas, everyone throws the main magic user out the window and supports the cover-boy. :sadeyes:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Doesn't matter. His point was that they didn't make the final cut. But, still...
Well still. While not having moveset potential Sakurai can easily make him different from Marth, as well as easily making him similar to him. All I know is is that there is no clear way of knowing how Chrom would turn out.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Sakurai didn't work himself to death with no holidays and injured his hand because of love and effort. HE JUST WUNTZ MUNEY!
So? i talking about character selection, they choose the ones that are representative for a franchise and who give them more oney.
Roy and Mewtwo where planned for brawl, but were cut in prefference of ike and lucario, you know why? MONEY, they where priority, and maybe if the game was delayed a year they would had stay with us.

Thats how i see it, they are not relevant on the game sales, at all...

I know, ask pichu.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Maybe you could post some suggestions of unique Sword attacks he'd use. Hopefully it will enlighten me.
That's exactly the problem. I can't. Granted, I'm god awful with movesets (and haven't played Awakening recently with X and Y and Dual Destinies), so maybe someone could give him one in my place. I only know he wouldn't be a direct clone of one character in particular, and with enough demand, he may get in. I don't like the idea, but it's possible, and I actually consider it likely.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I know, ask pichu.
Pichu wasn't planned because he was a joke character and a clone. Also, him not being planned doesn't change the fact that WE KNOW that Roy and Mewtwo were planned for Brawl late enough in the games development that they made it on the disc.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well and keeping classy. I see the roster of Smashboards Melee was put out, and I'm not on it. :cry: Nah just kidding, I can wait for Brawl. :p

So our topic is cuts? Er...yeah...sorry, I'm just going to pull out X and play while you all discuss this incredibly delicate topic in a manner I assume will be of the utmost politeness. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I asked Pichu, and all I got was "Pichu Pichu Pichu Pi-pichu PI-CHU!!"

EDIT: And then I ate it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So? i talking about character selection, they choose the ones that are representative for a franchise and who give them more oney.
Roy and Mewtwo where planned for brawl, but were cut in prefference of ike and lucario, you know why? MONEY, they where priority, and maybe if the game was delayed a year they would had stay with us.

I know, ask pichu.

A ver si vas a "sobrevivir" a lo que te van a molestar por decir estas cosas XD.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Roy and Mewtwo where planned for brawl, but were cut in prefference of ike and lucario, you know why? MONEY

Thank you for ****ting all over the credibility of Masahiro Sakurai and all of our intelligence. Sakurai works his balls off to make Super Smash Brothers. He had NO HOLIDAYS and even suffered a hand injury because of his hard work. And you're telling me Sakurai is just a money *****?

If it was about sales we wouldn't have important characters like ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mr. Game & Watch. We'd have casual **** like Zant, Meowth, and Tails. This isn't Sonic And Sega Racing Transformed.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Good evening all, hope you're all doing well and keeping classy. I see the roster of Smashboards Melee was put out, and I'm not on it. :cry: Nah just kidding, I can wait for Brawl. :p
Hey don't worry, you're one of my most wanted characters.
Along with Divine and Arcadenik, so you can all team up against Saturn in Smashboards Emissary.

Edit: Don't worry Saturn, we'd definitely be a team.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So guys if you need to choose one who will be it?
Ridley or King K. Rool?

.n_n.

If I had to choose? I'd go for Ridley. I feel that Metroid needs another character a little bit more than Donkey Kong. That and I like the Metroid series more too. Though both characters would be interesting to play as.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Pichu wasn't planned because he was a joke character and a clone. Also, him not being planned doesn't change the fact that WE KNOW that Roy and Mewtwo were planned for Brawl late enough in the games development that they made it on the disc.

Come on, Pichu was choosed because a movie :rolleyes: inb4 pikachu googles in brawl.
Jiggs was a joke, and she stayed with us... and read what i said to saturnluigi.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

So our topic is cuts? Er...yeah...sorry, I'm just going to pull out X and play while you all discuss this incredibly delicate topic in a manner I assume will be of the utmost politeness. :awesome:
Could you add me on the 3DS? It'd be nice.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Hey don't worry, you're one of my most wanted characters.
Along with Divine and Arcadenik, so you can all team up against Saturn in Smashboards Emissary.

Edit: Don't worry Saturn, we'd definitely be a team.
What in your right mind makes you think I'd team up with Divine? Arcadenik, however, is a pretty good guy so I don't mind that.

Could you add me on the 3DS? It'd be nice.
Sure, I'll get on that. I could always use some more people to play with and more Friend Safaris to explore. :)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Pichu wasn't planned because he was a joke character and a clone-

While being a clone certainly helped him get in, he was considered before that. I should remind you Pichu was the most iconic and popular Generation 2 Pokemon, was popular in the anime, and even represented the baby Pokemon (which was a unique thing in Gold/Silver).

Sakurai doesn't add characters for ****s and giggles. That's about as discrediting as saying something stupid like "He adds characters for money!" :rolleyes:

Don't worry Saturn, we'd definitely be a team.
LUIGI DUO! **** YEAH!!!!

Gune

Smash Lord

I know, ask pichu.
Yo just wanted to tell you that the circumstances of Roy and mew two getting cut are different than Lucario and Ike's current situation so stop comparing them, both Mewtwo and Roy were lower priority because of there irrelevance and cut because of time constraints, they were NOT cut in favor of Lucario and Ike and ince both of these two are extremely popular and still marketed a lot they are in no way not important to sales your blind if you think they are, not to mention they aren't even in the same situation as mewtwo and Roy.

Also I really dig your Cashaan avatar.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Maybe you could post some suggestions of unique Sword attacks he'd use. Hopefully it will enlighten me.
I actually just remembered one I'd thought of a while back. I always thought it would be cool if he basically threw himself into the air just spinning around in circles (note that it would be covering all directions, instead of just left and right), somewhat similar to the spin attack in appearance, but operating differently. This would be more like a sling shot, as this move continues 'till he hits the ground. It represents his strength and agility quite well. I always liked this idea. Too bad it was my only one, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Here's a topic.
Which character that
A. Isn't a veteran yet
and/or
B. Isn't a shoo-in
would make you most angry if they were cut?
I'd go with either Kirby character.

For me, It'd be Ike. He was a cool character to use.

@Arcanir, Everybody should main Spider-Man.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord

A ver si vas a "sobrevivir" a lo que te van a molestar por decir estas cosas XD.
Pero si es la verdad xD

Thank you for ****ting all over the credibility of Masahiro Sakurai and all of our intelligence. Sakurai works his balls off to make Super Smash Brothers. He had NO HOLIDAYS and even suffered a hand injury because of his hard work. And you're telling me Sakurai is just a money *****?

If it was about sales we wouldn't have important characters like ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mr. Game & Watch. We'd have casual **** like Zant, Meowth, and Tails. This isn't Sonic And Sega Racing Transformed.
I said gamefreaks and intelligent systems want your money, not sakurai... and im sure that wii fit trainer will give a lot of sales xD (not saying she was choosed for that, i mean she indeed was but is different... ).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Think about it. If Pokemon had 4 reps in Melee, who is the most logical choice? (don't say Meowth)

I don't know. I just want some sort of rivalry going on between you 3 and Saturn.
Can someone Rule 34 a picture of us all having a 4 way *** ****?

Jiggs was a joke, and she stayed with us
Jigglypuff was the most popular Pokemon in Japan! So no she was not a joke character and neither was the deserving Pichu.

D

Deleted member

None of the 6 clones from Melee (no, not even Ganondorf) were planned on until late in development.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'll join the rivalry in place of Divine. Or I can be the Anti-Hero who does whatever he wants.
I will join your anti-hero side, for I care little for the Gutter Trash of both sides and have my own goals. And when they go out, they will NOT go out in style! I mean really? An ultimate battle for good and evil? FOOLS!

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Yo just wanted to tell you that the circumstances of Roy and mew two getting cut are different than Lucario and Ike's current situation so stop comparing them, both both Mew two and Roy were lower priority because of there irrelevance and cut because of time constraints, they were NOT cut in favor of Lucario and Ike and ince both of these two are extremely popular and still marketed a lot they are in no way not important to sales your blind if you think they are not to mention they aren't even in the same situation as mewtwo and Roy.

Also I really dig your Cashaan avatar.

You know, lucario is in a different situation as i said before (mega form) so yeah, he may stayed, but seriously, i wouldnt say ike is in safe ground right know.
Anyways, i not saying they are going to get cutted, but if some one will, thats them, im kinda have hopes for roy actually.

and thanks ;D

Jigglypuff was the most popular Pokemon in Japan! So no she was not a joke character and neither was the deserving Pichu.

Yes, i was following his idea, but she is kinda a joke nowadays.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why haven't you blocked him already, AEM?
There's no need for me to block anybody. I like to see everybody's opinion, no matter how off or biased it may be.
Again, no quote of me saying the Nintendo Wars series is undeserving. Only Andy for solely representing the Advance Wars subseries. That's like taking my quote of Krystal and turning it into me saying "Star Fox isn't deserving".
So you still think that Advance Wars's main character isn't fit to represent his franchise, even though it could still have a character be playable? That's like telling me the Steel Samurai would be better for Marvel vs Capcom instead of Phoenix Wright.
I NEED YOUR AWESOMENESS, ARIAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:
plz...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So...
Me and Saturn are the heroes, Hotfeet, Arcadenik, and Scatman are the anti-heroes, and Divine is the villain?
I'm okay with this.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
wouldnt say ike is in safe ground right know.
Well, I doubt we're going to end up with one Fire Emblem character. And Ike is the only logical one for a second. You're "money" excuse doesn't really contradict that as it's an invalid idea you formed in your head.

I take overall popularity, iconicness, and importance into account. That's why I have Marth, Roy, and Ike on my roster
So you still think that Advance Wars's main character isn't fit to represent his franchise
Not previously. But, it's really the best one I can think of after doing more research.

And lol! It actually says "Dis Guy" I luv u.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well, I doubt we're going to end up with one Fire Emblem character. And Ike is the only logical one for a second. You're "money" excuse doesn't really contradict that as it's an invalid idea you formed in your head.
Uh im sure being the recent tittle of that time has nothing to do with his character inclusion.

pichu pichu pichu pichu

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai didn't feel Melee's roster was lacking in quantity late in development, Pichu would not have been in Melee.

Pichu as an example for "being new because MONEY" is idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom