• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Me too, but i know people who think contrary, and actually roy will be pretty awesome to see back (like in project m, world stop that day).

You truly dont get it? i dont care, bandana is K64 Dee and everybody have to learn to live with it.

Pacmans down B, what are your thoughts?
I can't tell if your trolling or just being noobbish. Look up what FACEPALMING is then come talk to me

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Me too, but i know people who think contrary, and actually roy will be pretty awesome to see back (like in project m, world stop that day).
Yeah, intentionally didn't put Roy there because I know he has his fans. The only thing I ever liked about him was that he sounded like a boy who had just hit puberty, so he was fun to beat up.

You truly dont get it? i dont care, bandana is K64 Dee and everybody have to learn to live with it.
There's no definite confirmation to this at all. The K64 Dee might be someone completely unrelated, and I hardly think that they'd try to tie them together as the same character, since Kirby stories rarely ever connect with each other. We don't even know if Bandana Dee is the same one as the Waddle Dee that was on board of Halberd in Kirby Super Star who had the Donald Duck hat, there might aswell be many different important Waddle Dees, and that's because the important Waddle Dees have always been placeholders whenever they ran out of notable characters.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
There's no definite confirmation to this at all. The K64 Dee might be someone completely unrelated, and I hardly think that they'd try to tie them together as the same character, since Kirby stories rarely ever connect with each other. We don't even know if Bandana Dee is the same one as the Waddle Dee that was on board of Halberd in Kirby Super Star who had the Donald Duck hat, there might aswell be many different Waddle Dees, and that's because the important Waddle Dees have always been placeholders whenever they ran out of important characters.

I also accept that possiblity, but seriously, we are talking about Hal, or you think kabuula from ultra is different that the one from dreamland1? it wouldnt be the first time.

His appareance in return to dreamland should be the final confirmation, if people insist to death that zero two is in every final boss of the series (something i think is dumb but also possible) then why bandana would not be 64Dee? for me, is not even a debate.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Deep inside me, I hope that Nintendo is currently working on some agreement with Microsoft to get the rights to Banjo Kazooie and all the other Rare IPs back.

Sigh... :(

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Third-Parties, huh? My turn, then:

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Rayman
3. Dragon Quest Hero
4. Layton
5. Lloyd

I consider all but Phoenix Wright semi-realistic choices.

D

Deleted member

The real question is, of the two....Who is more overrated? I want to put my money on Shadow. Since well, he seems to be "Darker and Edgier" personified. Both in looks and in the tone of his character in contrast to most of the Sonic games. And some people really love that stuff.
I'd say Cloud. At least there was a period of time that Shadow wasn't overrated, which was prior to his own game, ironically.
And since Sega isn't really whoring him out like they had been for a while, the degree of being overrated decreased quite a bit. It also helps that they've toned down the "darker and edgier" aspect that was established in his own game.
....even if it's a bit laughable.

Cloud has never been anything less than overrated.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Someone is talking about Bandana Dee? Here I come!!!
Well yes,Wariofan is right,Waddle Dee 64 is not Bandana Dee,it's not confirmed.
And the Donald Duck Dee XD,is Sailor Dee,another Waddle Dee.

Both of them have a cameo in a minigame in Kirby Mass Attack.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So third parties:
1. Crono / Geno
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Professor Layton
4. Prince from Prince of Persia
5. Travis Touchdown / Bayonetta

.n_n.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
The only third parties I want are Travis Touchdown and Bayonetta. Would not mind Simon Belmont or Rayman and while I like Geno a lot, he'll never happen.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I don't like him either, but that doesn't make him any less iconic.
Iconic =/= Legendary

There are plenty of characters that are iconic, but not all of them are legendary.
Banjo-Kazooie come to mind as an example.

Unconfirmed theory without evidence.
People shouldn't have to "learn to live with" something you claim is true when there's nothing to support it.

We don't even know if Bandana Dee is the same one as the Waddle Dee that was on board of Halberd in Kirby Super Star who had the Donald Duck hat
Actually, we know they are separate individuals at least. Kirby Mass Attack features both at the same time cheering Meta Knight on in the Strato Patrol EOS minigame.

I also accept that possiblity, but seriously, we are talking about Hal, or you think kabuula from ultra is different that the one from dreamland1? it wouldnt be the first time.

His appareance in return to dreamland should be the final confirmation, if people insist to death that zero two is in every final boss of the series (something i think is dumb but also possible) then why bandana would not be 64Dee? for me, is not even a debate.
Others making ignorant claims is no excuse to make them yourself.
Zero is not in every final boss. He's not in anyone for that matter.
The only final bosses he has connection to are Kirby 2's Dark Matter (since Dark Matter comes from him) and Squeak Squad's Dark Nebula (since it was recently confirmed that Dark Nebula is an advanced form of Dark Matter).

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Pretty curious as to why you chose Prince of Persia?
I think he is a more star than Rayman, his games are rated higher and pretty much is one of the biggest series from Ubisoft that haven´t throw out of the window, not only that he is pretty old and a veteran in the Video Game History that goes back to 1989.
.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Hmm.. that's odd because I kinda associate him more as a Disney chaacter more than videogame character, before I knew he was actually one.
Because of that terrible movie (ugh why did you make me remind that, burn in the depths of Green Jello Lime XD), but still his trilogy of games that were on Gamecube and Playstation 2 were pretty big I think he even become a higher star in that moment even pushing aside Rayman and Sam Fisher on that time.
.n_n.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yeah, intentionally didn't put Roy there because I know he has his fans. The only thing I ever liked about him was that he sounded like a boy who had just hit puberty, so he was fun to beat up.
Well, he's 15, so technically he is a boy. Still it's a bit late to be hitting puberty.

Also, even though I hate Shadow and what he ended up standing for, I agree with GoldenYu on Cloud being more overrated than him.

Cloud is probably the most overrated character of all time.

?????????????

Smash Master
It was mentioned yesterday, so I went ahead with a Tetra support thread. I think it's different enough from Toon Zelda's to warrant something new.

...Did the Toadsworth one too.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
@GoldenYuiitusin:

"Unconfirmed theory without evidence."
Return to Dreamland appareance, same role in all games, not the first time a character change his look... should i mention K64 Dee doesnt have any character distinction, explaining the new look? i though it was pretty obvius.

I know all about dark matter, you miss the whole point.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My wanted Third Parties:

1. Slime (The Most Important, no provisos)
2. Banjo Kazooie (Assuming Nintendo get the rights for it and Banjo Threeie is a thing... or I win big on the lottery and do it for them...)
3. Simon Belmont (Assuming Konami sort out their act and release some Wii U games... at least port Lords of Shadow)
4. Pac Man (Assuming he has a cool move set, and they do the right final smash)
5. Bomberman (No provisos, he can get in even if Konami's a ****, I'd just not be as excited as for Simon)
6. Layton (Assuming there are more Layton games, and he has a cool moveset)
7. Tails (Assuming Knuckles, and the series remains Nintendo Exclusive)
Knuckles (Assuming Tails)
8. Travis Touchdown (The language would have to be toned down mind you)

Geno and Pulseman would be great Assist Trophies mind you, just not fitting of a playable slot in my eyes.

I can't think of any other 3rd parties I'd want, plenty I'd be okay with, but ya.

Ultimately I think about 1/6th of the roster is the limit for third parties. I'm quite generous about it, but they have to be exciting, and fitting... and most third parties don't hit that, so the limit won't be reached. The problem isn't being 'overrun' with third parties, but third parties getting in when there are more deserving first parties. If Layton got in and Ridley didn't then even if there were only 3 third parties I'd think it was too much.

Ultimately there's a huge step between Bomberman and Layton, where a bunch of first party Nintendo characters need to go before they'd be acceptable to me... and Slime is the only third party who justifiably could have more priority than any Nintendo newcomer in my eyes. Given the provisos and the First party importance are adhered to there's, in my opinion, no chance of it stopping feeling like a Nintendo fighter.

As for the Raymans, Snakes and Final Fantasy characters, they can go hang it in the never-zone of PSASBR2.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Man, there are so many third-party characters I would love to see in Smash.

Just to name a few (in no specific order):
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Earthworm Jim
- Bayonetta
- Travis Touchdown
- Black Mage
- Rayman
- Bomberman
- Dr. Eggman/Robotnik
- Simon Belmont
- Bubblun
- Sir Arthur
- Pac-Man
- Dig Dug
- Klonoa

Give me anyone on this list, and I'll be very, VERY happy.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin:

"Unconfirmed theory without evidence."
Return to Dreamland appareance, same role in all games, not the first time a character change his look... should i mention K64 Dee doesnt have any character distinction, explaining the new look? i though it was pretty obvius.

I know all about dark matter, you miss the whole point.
-Return to Dream Land appearance? UNCONFIRMED. There is no official source that makes the connection between the two Dees.
Which was my point. It's nothing but speculation.

-Same role in all games? INCORRECT. In Super Star, the Bandana Waddle Dee was just the first opponent in the Megaton Punch minigame. Years later with Super Star Ultra, same thing and he's Dedede's main mook in the Revenge of the King game. Mass Attack, he's a background character cheering for Meta Knight in the Strato Patrol EOS minigame with the Sailor Waddle Dee. Return to Dream Land, he's one of four main playable characters.
Those are definitely not the same roles. Even if we go on the hypothetical that 64 Waddle Dee is him, he was a major NPC helper and multiplayer minigame character. ...Still not the same role.

-Not the first time a character changes look? IRRELEVANT. This does not serve as any sort of evidence whatsoever for the argument.
Considering that the Bandana Waddle Dee came first, by the way, it's also quite a stretch to believe he changed looks for one game just to change looks again to support your argument.

Then there's also the fact that the 64 Waddle Dee was one of Kirby's friends. Bandana Waddle Dee is one of Kirby's rivals.
64 Waddle Dee has no affiliation with Dedede. Bandana Waddle Dee is Dedede's main minion.

So again, it's an unconfirmed theory without evidence.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Return to Dream Land appearance? UNCONFIRMED. There is no official source that makes the connection between the two Dees.

-Same role in all games? INCORRECT. In Super Star, the Bandana Waddle Dee was just the first opponent in the Megaton Punch minigame. Years later with Super Star Ultra, same thing and he's Dedede's main mook in the Revenge of the King game. Mass Attack, he's a background character cheering for Meta Knight in the Strato Patrol EOS minigame with the Sailor Waddle Dee. Return to Dream Land, he's one of four main playable characters.
Those are definitely not the same roles. Even if we go on the hypothetical that 64 Waddle Dee is him, he was a major NPC helper and multiplayer minigame character. ...Still not the same role.

-Not the first time a character changes look? IRRELEVANT. This does not serve as any sort of evidence whatsoever for the argument.
Considering that the Bandana Waddle Dee came first, by the way, it's also quite a stretch to believe he changed looks for one game just to change looks again to support your argument.

Then there's also the fact that the 64 Waddle Dee was one of Kirby's friends. Bandana Waddle Dee is one of Kirby's rivals.
64 Waddle Dee has no affiliation with Dedede. Bandana Waddle Dee is Dedede's main minion.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord

- lol wut? i was talking about bandana Dee, no one here saw it coming, and is because no one here thought in a K64 conection.
- DDDs friend and loyal servant, same role. Dee was suposed to be playable in K64 btw.
- of course it does, or you think is a different metaknight in the samurai minigame? im talking about super star ultra, OBVIUSLY bandana was created for megaton punch and then discarted, but they choose not only to save the "DDDs friend" idea, but the design and the joke boss of the arena. Is really that difficult to see xD?
- omg you dont even had played K64, lol.

Anyways, you guys could just say "adeleine and ado are not the same" and i would say "yeah, but that point was enfatized so its different. Still a point to take in count :B",

So again: pacman for smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't think Bandana Dee is going to get in anyway, so I personally think this argument is stupid.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
- lol wut? i was talking about bandana Dee, no one here saw it coming, and is because no one here thought in a K64 conection.
- DDDs friend and loyal servant, same role. Dee was suposed to be playable in K64 btw.
- of course it does, or you think is a different metaknight in the samurai minigame? im talking about super star ultra, OBVIUSLY bandana was created for megaton punch and then discarted, but they choose not only to save the "DDDs friend" idea, but the design and the joke boss of the arena. Is really that difficult to see xD?
- omg you dont even had played K64, lol.

Anyways, you guys could just say "adeleine and ado are not the same" and i would say "yeah, but that point was enfatized so its different. Still a point to take in count :B",

So again: pacman for smash.
Don't even had played......okay then.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I wasn't aware I was talking to a moron and/or troll.
You may never find your way
Whooooa, yeah!

Just kiding, but if you give up that easily (and dont even understand what you read) you should just say anything.
The conversation was over like 3 comments ago with me saying "I also accept that possiblity" duh.

D

Deleted member

I absolutely love how I supposedly don't "understand what I'm reading" when the only thing I don't understand is why I'm reading such stupidity in the first place.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't even had played......okay then.
Yes, but has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? I think that's the real problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom