• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well, been playing the crap out of Dream Team, so I'll go back and check what I missed.

I know this is off topic, but are there any sprite makers here?
I can apply.
He isn't a silent protagonist and is perfectly capable of talking, but when it comes to dialog it's normally pretty bad.
Espeshwally since heel likwee caw Dotow Wight.
How bout a Pokemon Trainer codec, where he uses his Pokedex to scan the character and his attributes? :troll:
That makes a lot of sense, actually.

Oh, and also, Minish Cap is the best Zelda, and if you disagree, prepare to face a fiery demise!:awesome:
Toodle~oo!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i know really extrange people dude xD dont worry, i know, but i still think the cd-i games had more love in general.

I was one of them, after crystal shards it was pretty obvius that bandana was going to be the easy choise, even above knucle joe in my opinion.

btw, lolo and lala castle for smash4.
bandana dee wasn't in Crystal Shards. a Waddle Dee was, but not Bandana Dee. previous to Return to Dreamland, Bandana Dee was on of the bosses in the Megaton Punch minigame in Kirby Superstar and again in Superstar Ultra.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
bandana dee wasn't in Crystal Shards. a Waddle Dee was, but not Bandana Dee. previous to Return to Dreamland, Bandana Dee was on of the bosses in the Megaton Punch minigame in Kirby Superstar and again in Superstar Ultra.

I know, but in a K64 remake who you thinks is going to be in his place? you think they give him more value in super star ultra for nothing? obviusly they were trying to rescue the crystal shards Dee, there is no other way to see it.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I know, but in a K64 remake who you thinks is going to be in his place? you think they give him more value in super star ultra for nothing? obviusly they were trying to rescue the crystal shards Dee, there is no other way to see it.
yeah im not expecting a K64 remake. I would like it, among other N64 games, but ill believe it when I see it. they didn't really give him a bigger role in Ultra. he was given the exact same role he was previously. and I don't even understand that last point. are u trying to say that the Dee from crystal shards is Bandana Dee? cause that's more head canon than anything.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It might be awhile until I get the rest of my Smash Boards roster finished. My laptop is toast. I may re-download roster maker onto the pc, but I have school work to be doing.

However, i'd like to stick around here while i'm doing said notes. Here's a topic.

How many third parties is too many third parties? Is it 4? 5? What do you think?

My personal thought is 5. 4 third parties with outstanding credentials (Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man) would be fine with me. Especially out of a roster of 40+ characters.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Ou guys do notice that Waddle Dee and Bandana Dee are the same thing right?
in the same vein as Toad is the same as Toads or how Yoshi is a Yoshi yes.

It might be awhile until I get the rest of my Smash Boards roster finished. My laptop is toast. I may re-download roster maker onto the pc, but I have school work to be doing.

However, i'd like to stick around here while i'm doing said notes. Here's a topic.

How many third parties is too many third parties? Is it 4? 5? What do you think?

My personal thought is 5. 4 third parties with outstanding credentials (Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man) would be fine with me. Especially out of a roster of 40+ characters.
those 4 are really the only ones I consider having a good shot this time around. yeah id be perfectly comfortable with those guys.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

5 i only can see 4 making it

Bajef8

Smash Ace

Can't wait to see the Melee roster.

As for 3rd parties, I really only think realistically 3, but 4 max.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Eh, for me it depends on what the size of the roster is. If you have like a total of 40 - 45 characters(just an example)maybe 3 or 4 of those said characters can be third party. So like 10% of the entire cast would be third party at the most. But if we are talking say 60 characters in the long future, maybe 5 or 6 would work. But of course, these characters would have to be deserving additions.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
yeah im not expecting a K64 remake. I would like it, among other N64 games, but ill believe it when I see it. they didn't really give him a bigger role in Ultra. he was given the exact same role he was previously. and I don't even understand that last point. are u trying to say that the Dee from crystal shards is Bandana Dee? cause that's more head canon than anything.
Yes, thats what im saying, i mean who more could he be? Dees are known to be like a beehive, only crystal shards Dee and bandana are known to take their own decisions in DDDs army and actually being his friend, ergo, is the same.

Toads and Yoshis are different story,

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Link to the Past is so overrated that we should not have a stage based on it in Smash. End of story!

Despicable.

I've never had the pleasure of playing A Link to the Past, so I can't see anything there.
Then you are missing out on a masterpiece. It earns highly deserved recommendation.

i know really extrange people dude xD dont worry, i know, but i still think the cd-i games had more love in general.
I would say the C-DI Zelda games' cult following is more-so a result of morbid fascination over the hilarious/horrendous nature of the games (alike to interest in low-quality sci-fi B-movies), rather than any genuine feelings of appreciation, recognition, and enjoyment as one would find within the fan-bases of Majora's Mask or Minish Cap.

There is a distinction between 'love' and 'popular following'.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I would say the C-DI Zelda games' cult following is more-so a result of morbid fascination over the hilarious/horrendous nature of the games (alike to interest in low-quality sci-fi B-movies), rather than any genuine feelings of appreciation, recognition, and enjoyment as one would find within the fan-bases of Majora's Mask or Minish Cap.

There is a distinction between 'love' and 'popular following'.

Yes, but i wasnt talking only about YTP, some people play for the laughs more than anyting, but there is also people who recongnize them in a good way, the music, the 2d gameplay or the world... is kinda creepy, but those guys exist.
I kinda like ganon final form in zeldas adventure, but only that.

Anyways, excluding the mah boi fandom the oracles wins by kilometers, yes :B

D

Deleted member

@Swamp: ......no.

EDIT: Really hating how I can't direct quote someone on this computer for some unexplained reason.....

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Guys would you consider Crono from Chrono Trigger and Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden legendary characters?
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Ryu Hayabusa, yes.
Not "Crono" from Chrono Cross because there is no such character. Perhaps you were referring to Crono from the game Chrono Cross is a successor to, Chrono Trigger?

But even then, he's still not that legendary.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys would you consider Crono from Chrono Cross and Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden legendary characters?
.n_n.

I guess. But more so on Ryu's part. Seeing as how he's been present multiple games since the NES days. Crono is cool too, but I would't consider him on Ryu's level.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Ryu Hayabusa, yes.
Not "Crono" from Chrono Cross because there is no such character. Perhaps you were referring to Crono from the game Chrono Cross is a successor to, Chrono Trigger?

But even then, he's still not that legendary.
Sorry I mean Crono from Chrono Trigger (I haven't sleep well this past couple of days XD).
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

I don't really have a keen grasp on what would be considered "legendary", but the only two 3rd Parties not from Konami, Sega, Capcom, or Namco that I can think of that would be undeniably "legendary" would be Ryu Hayabusa and Lara Croft.
There might be plenty more, but I'm too tired to think.
EDIT: That have appeared on a Nintendo system, I mean. So no cases like Master Chief who every "mature" 12 year old and their grandmas know.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I don´t think Lara Croft is that legendary, she is going in the road to being one if they keep making good games for her.
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

She's one of the most well known icons in gaming.

Even if a major contributor to that was the period of time where she had ridiculously large breasts.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
She's one of the most well known icons in gaming.

Even if a major contributor to that was the period of time where she had ridiculously large breasts.
Don´t get me wrong she has a large fan base but in the last couple of years (and I mean many years), she didn´t have a great game or even a high rating game and that only change with the last installment of the series (it was pretty close to be dead if the last game was not a success) and I don´t know if the series is safe now or will be in a long hiatus like Mega Man.
.n_n.

D

Deleted member

Hiatus =/= not legendary

Say what you want about the quality of games Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man had over the years, but that doesn't deter them of their legendary status. Same with Lara.

@Ismar: Yeah, had.
The 2013 redesign doesn't have an exaggerated bust like before, instead being more "natural" so to speak.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really have a keen grasp on what would be considered "legendary", but the only two 3rd Parties not from Konami, Sega, Capcom, or Namco that I can think of that would be undeniably "legendary" would be Ryu Hayabusa and Lara Croft.
There might be plenty more, but I'm too tired to think.
EDIT: That have appeared on a Nintendo system, I mean. So no cases like Master Chief who every "mature" 12 year old and their grandmas know.

Would Crash or Spyro count then? Those two were pretty famous, and are still relatively popular. Well maybe they would a few years ago when they first went multi-platoform. Honestly, I'd say they were almost at Croft's level.

Point is Crash Bandicoot could use a new game. Even more than Megaman, whose last major-ish game was three years ago. Which isn't really that long. But more people seem to be interested in Megaman anyways. Me included.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Would Crash or Spyro count then? Those two were pretty famous, and are still relatively popular. Well maybe they would a few years ago when they first went multi-platoform. Honestly, I'd say they were almost at Croft's level.

Point is Crash Bandicoot could use a new game. Even more than Megaman, whose last major-ish game was three years ago. Which isn't really that long. But more people seem to be interested in Megaman anyways. Me included.
The only reason I don´t want Crash or even think in Nintendo putting that character would be because is owned by Activision.
.n_n.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
MegaMan and Crash are both in dire need of a new game. ( btw, I don't ever want to see Crash in Smash)

And I Spyro's latest reboot was pretty disappointing in my opinion. (I'd like to see Spyro in Smash oddly enough XD)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So about the new pic, sakurai said something about new tactics, I'm assuming press down B, down B, and Down B again to chop it down. Or press down B once i dunno.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Both Spyro and Crash were popular in their heyday, but not to the level of Sonic, Megaman and the like and they weren't in the limelight for long either. On top of that, they fell hard after they stopped being exclusive and are out of the public eye for the most part. Crash hasn't even had a game in years and while Spyro has gotten some clout due to Skylanders as much as I hate to admit it, it's still not to the level he used to be and definitely not to the level of legendary status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom