• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For Bandana Dee's artwork I can see him standing proudly, holding his spear upright, next to a bunch of Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos that are cheering for him, while King Dedede lays on the ground, exhausted and a bit beaten up.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
IGN gave a perfect score to a Zelda game!?!?!? This is ****ed up! Although IGN is known for giving scores to games like the likes of that particular Zelda installment.
Uhmm...maybe you've heard of this game called Ocarina of Time. See it was this kinda big deal that got perfect scores from literally almost everyone, including IGN. I mean that game's only the Guinness World Record holder for highest rated video game ever.

Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are my favorite Zeldas.

And there is no way Four Swords Adventures was more successful than Skyward Sword.
BLASPHEMY! OoT isn't your favorite? :troll:

In all seriousness though, my favorite ones are:
Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess > Wind Waker > Skyward Sword. The 8-16 bit ones, don't really capture me like the later games, and my newest handheld is a Gameboy Advance. So I'm forced to read everything about the handheld games through wikis and internetz.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I guess I should tell you guys in advance.
My friend Mega Diglett will be joining the threads in a few minutes.
He barely knows anything about Nintendo. So go easy on him.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess > Wind Waker > Skyward Sword. The 8-16 bit ones, don't really capture me like the later games, and my newest handheld is a Gameboy Advance. So I'm forced to read everything about the handheld games through wikis and internetz.
you should really play them, the link to the past and the minish cap are two really good games despite being a little old (also link's awakening is pretty good too)
they might not be the oh so shiny 3d Zelda games, but they are defiantly some good ones to try out
I guess I should tell you guys in advance.
My friend Mega Diglett will be joining the threads in a few minutes.
He barely knows anything about Nintendo. So go easy on him.
how many mega friends do you have bidoof?!?

Bajef8

Smash Ace
you should really play them, the link to the past and the minish cap are two really good games despite being a little old (also link's awakening is pretty good too)
they might not be the oh so shiny 3d Zelda games, but they are defiantly some good ones to try out
See I already know everything about those ones I haven't played though. All the secrets, references, and general plot details. Ocarina of Time was my 1st Zelda, so it's hard to lower my standards when I started, in my opinion, with the very best one.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
With artwork for Bowser Jr. I picture him flying upwards away in his Koopa Clown Car while throwing spike balls, Bob-ombs and other hazardous items down at the veterans who are bellow.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and Wind Waker are easily my favorite Zelda games.

As for Skyward Sword, I think it was a great game, just a little rough around the edges with some of the new ideas they tried out.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
BLASPHEMY! OoT isn't your favorite? :troll:

I like OoT a lot actually, Master Quest a bit more due to the greater challenge. I still prefer Majora's Mask over it though. I love the plot and gameplay, espescially the masks and such. (though I will admit some of the dungeons in MM have given me more trouble than any other dungeons in the series) I like the very first Legend of Zelda, but not nearly as much as the later ones.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
See I already know everything about those ones I haven't played though. All the secrets, references, and general plot details. Ocarina of Time was my 1st Zelda, so it's hard to lower my standards when I started, in my opinion, with the very best one.
see that's the thing, even if you do look them up, (despite how wrong that is) you should still play them, a game's main point is to bring entertainment, and that is what those games do, its not about knowing everything in it like some sort of half credited movie,
also, why would you look all them up? that kind of ruins a small part of the game its self, whenever I play a new game (especially Zelda) I never looked online for any kind of help, and I didn't stop till I got a full 100% on them :smirk: (its also because of that reason of pride, it took me 10 years to beat the original legend of Zelda:urg:)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I do think Majora's Mask is the most underrated one. It had the misfortune to be right after OoT, so it was seemingly overshadowed. MM is much like Nadal, and OoT is Federer. If anyone watches tennis, you'll know what I'm talking about.

see that's the thing, even if you do look them up, (despite how wrong that is) you should still play them, a game's main point is to bring entertainment, and that is what those games do, its not about knowing everything in it like some sort of half credited movie, its all about something that can bring you entertainment, and that is what those games do.
also, why would you look all them up? that kind of ruins a small part of the game its self, whenever I play a new game (especially Zelda) I never looked online for any kind of help, and I didn't stop till I got a full 100% on them :smirk: (its also because of that reason of pride, it took me 10 years to beat the original legend of Zelda:urg:)
It's because I don't wanna go through the pains of getting new handheld systems just for Zelda. Especially when, arguably, the console versions are much more immersive, detailed, and just more fun to play. I can tell you I have never looked up any aspect of help for any of the ones I've played! To this day, I have 99.9999% of OoT because I haven't been able to find the last piece of heart.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Indeed I wish Majora's Mask was more well recieved than it was. It certainly gained a huge cult following later on though, and I'm very glad it did.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I do think Majora's Mask is the most underrated one. It had the misfortune to be right after OoT, so it was seemingly overshadowed. MM is much like Nadal, and OoT is Federer. If anyone watches tennis, you'll know what I'm talking about.
sorry mate that honor is already taken :awesome:

though MM was pretty underrated when it was first released :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Link to the Past is so overrated that we should not have a stage based on it in Smash. End of story!

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Sorry, but most definitely not Minish Cap. Majora's Mask was just so different, and it contained such a dark and bizarre world. THe story of impending doom was just fantastic, and the whole time travel back into the past was very unique (and Groundhog Day-ish).

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Sorry, but most definitely not Minish Cap. Majora's Mask was just so different, and it contained such a dark and bizarre world. THe story of impending doom was just fantastic, and the whole time travel back into the past was very unique (and Groundhog Day-ish).

I didn't deny with ya mate, in fact I agree with ya about major's mask being so different, that's one of the things that actually made it so great too :laugh:
and when it comes to review ratings, then yes it is the most underrated Zelda game,
but what I'm talking about is from the fans, most people that I know, that is outside of the internet doesn't know what the heck minish cap is, not many people played it that is outside of die hard Zelda fans, it is also the lowest selling Zelda game period,(that is part of the main 16 Zelda games) not selling over a million, but yet it is rated high by the consumers that have played it,
my point is that when it comes to Majora's mask its the most underrated through ratings, but at the very least most people have heard of it, and most of those people actually played it too, minish cap is on a different level, its usually the game that the least amount of people played, and good sum hasn't heard of it, its because of that reason, that I call minish cap the most underrated Zelda game

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You jokers keep arguing over which Zelda game was the most underrated as if that's something honorable to be. Majora's Mask and Minish Cap are still games with daily rituals praising them compared to actually underrated Nintendo games like Advance Wars and Chibi-Robo.

Majora's Mask was definitely one of the most underrated games for its time. Now you can't pass through a single Nintendo forum without someone not shutting up about the creepy-ass moon, Skull Kid for Smash Bros., BEN, or muh dark and artsy atmosphere. Inversely, Minish Cap was loved while it was out, but now it hardly gets any praise nowadays. Either game has had plenty of attention over their lifetimes either way.

Now I don't want to hear another word about underrated games in the 2000's unless it involves something like Metroid Fusion, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, or Wario World. Otherwise, shuddap about it!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You jokers keep arguing over which Zelda game was the most underrated as if that's something honorable to be. Majora's Mask and Minish Cap are still games with daily rituals praising them compared to actually underrated Nintendo games like Advance Wars and Chibi-Robo.

Majora's Mask was definitely one of the most underrated games for its time. Now you can't pass through a single Nintendo forum without someone not shutting up about the creepy-*** moon, Skull Kid for Smash Bros., BEN, or muh dark and artsy atmosphere. Inversely, Minish Cap was loved while it was out, but now it hardly gets any praise nowadays. Either game has had plenty of attention over their lifetimes either way.

Now I don't want to hear another word about underrated games in the 2000's unless it involves something like Metroid Fusion, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, or Wario World. Otherwise, shuddap about it!
hey every body lets talk about Kirby now :awesome:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord

So is ok talk about how underrated metroid fusion is but not about zelda? I though it was a roster prediction thread.

FSA is far more underrated than minish cap in my experience, but i would pick the oracle series as the real forever alone of the zelda series. Nobody really cares about them ._.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So is ok talk about how underrated metroid fusion is but not about zelda? I though it was a roster prediction thread.

FSA is far more underrated than minish cap in my experience, but i would pick the oracle series as the real forever alone of the zelda series. Nobody really cares about them ._.
you should take a look on a few videos on YouTube then mate, you'll feel a little better

well then any who, we should talk about something different
do you think bandana Dee is the only real contender for the Kirby series?
is he or is there someone else,
discuss!

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
About that cool artwork topic...

Think up artwork for...
I'll be skipping over ones where I just can't quite think of something (or in Little Mac's case, someone else did it better for me), or I feel I'm not familiar enough to make something.

Ridley - Flying mid-air in the Pyroshphere with an unconscious Samus in his mouth, a frightened Mario in his left hand, holding Link by his shield in his right foot, and Kirby being strangled by his tail.

King K.Rool - Laughing evilly over a banana hoard. Assorted other smashers can be found peaking out of the pile, in varying levels of freedom.

Palutena - I actualy came up with 2 different ones. I'd be interested in what you guys prefer.
1 - Palutena standing proudly, surrounded by a white, glowing smash symbol. Outside the symbol is brown stone, showing bit-versions of other smashers.
2 - In a position suggesting that she is casting a spell, while surrounded by white light in the back quarter. Closer to us are various dark/evil/shadowy characters running, cowering, bracing against the light, etc.. as appropriate.

Bowser Jr. - What appears to be the boxart... vandalized with assorted glasses, moustaches, scribbles, dribbles, ect. The lower left corner has Jr.'s symbol, while to the right we see his back exiting frame, with the top half of his paintbrush.

Tetra - A stereotypical Pirate Map, going through a few famous Nintendo areas. The dotted line starts at a mini-version of her ship with her at the bow, and ends in a smash symbol.

Bandana Dee - In a spotlight, accepting applause. The audience is composed entirely of famous enemies from the many franchisees: Koopas, Goombas, Octoroks, Metts, ect.

Takamaru - A large, detailed portrait in the style of Japanese Calligraphy, using only black ink on parchment. Smaller portaits can be found lining the sides.
Mewtwo and Roy - A near completely black picture. A silhouette of Roy, flaming blade into the ground, appears on the left, casuing the entire backgrownd to burn. Mewtwo's silhouette on right glows with a purple aura, causing stones to hover mid-air. The bottom eighth is pure black, exept for the following words in a fiery script - "WE'RE BACK"

Bajef8

Smash Ace

What the hell does this even have anything to do with Smash ,
Melee was pretty underrated. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ah Metroid Fusion, that was actually my first in the series and still among my favorites. It could use more attention, but at least it's getting some positive feedback compared to its initial release time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
you should take a look on a few videos on YouTube then mate, you'll feel a little better

discuss!
Maybe Prince Fluff. Otherwise it's only Bandana Dee.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

If you thought it was a roster prediction thread, why are you picking out the differences between what underrated things it's okay to talk about rather than the fact that we're talking about something unrelated to Smash in the first place? Besides, news has been slow as of late. We could all live with a topic that hasn't been done to death already.

And yeah, Oracles and FSA were both pretty underrated. More so than Minish Cap and Majora's Mask, the former for having to compete for sales (whilst Minish Cap got to sell on its own) while the latter simply being outright unsuccessful compared to past console Zeldas.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

discuss!
yeah but I don't think he's seriously being considered. at least for Smash 4. let's b fair here, no one would have considered Bandana Dee had he not been playable in Return to Dreamland. which is fine but people do overestimate the impact one game can make on an overarching series like Kirby. seriously Lolo and Lala and Whispy Woods have some better credentials than Dee in all seriousness but no one considers them likely. i personally think that we have the 3 most important reoccurring characters in smash and no one else in the series really warrants it beyond them.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
yeah but I don't think he's seriously being considered. at least for Smash 4. let's b fair here, no one would have considered Bandana Dee had he not been playable in Return to Dreamland. which is fine but people do overestimate the impact one game can make on an overarching series like Kirby. seriously Lolo and Lala and Whispy Woods have some better credentials than Dee in all seriousness but no one considers them likely. i personally think that we have the 3 most important reoccurring characters in smash and no one else in the series really warrants it beyond them.
If Waddle Dee had a Bandana and a spear before that, he would still be considered the best.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yes, let's talk about how great of a game Chibi-Robo was and how he should be in Smash Bros.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Kirby, huh? Not much to say besides that the 3 characters we have are enough for the Kirby series on their own. If we get a new one, it's gotta be Bandana Dee, though.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
If you thought it was a roster prediction thread, why are you picking out the differences between what underrated things it's okay to talk about rather than the fact that we're talking about something unrelated to Smash in the first place? Besides, news has been slow as of late. We could all live with a topic that hasn't been done to death already.
I was just following the conversation, the "damage" was already done.

Sometimes i feel the cd-i games have a stronger fanbase than the poor oracle games (excluding zeldas adventure, of course).

Kirby doesnt really need more characters, and i would actually hate if another folk appear (for now, maybe the next game).
Just give DDD his stronger minion as an attack, put adelein as an assist trophy, cracko as a aboss and rick/coo/kine as items. I would be the happiest man on earth.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
If Waddle Dee had a Bandana and a spear before that, he would still be considered the best.
in hypothetical world maybe. maybe given a reoccurring sub boss role... possibly. but considering that world doesn't change the events of the Kirby franchise here, that's just a big old what if. previous to the fact that Kirby simply needed a fourth possible character in Return to Dreamland, his role was no more significant than... Sailor Dee.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
in hypothetical world maybe. maybe given a reoccurring sub boss role... possibly. but considering that world doesn't change the events of the Kirby franchise here, that's just a big old what if. his role was no more significant than... Sailor Dee.
But he was

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
View attachment 3987
seriously go check out the Zelda fan base on YouTube, mate, you are underestimating the Zelda fanbase
i know really extrange people dude xD dont worry, i know, but i still think the cd-i games had more love in general.

proof or I call BS
I was one of them, after crystal shards it was pretty obvius that bandana was going to be the easy choise, even above knucle joe in my opinion.

btw, lolo and lala castle for smash4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom