• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The main reason I want Kid Icarus codecs: Hades. If there are codecs and Hades doesn't appear, I'll be disappointed. If Hades appears but doesn't keep the same VA, I'll be disappointed too.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You know how they make special artwork for each individual newcomer? Well, does anyone have any artwork ideas for potential newcomers? For Little Mac's I can see him fighting Donkey Kong on the boxing ring in the style of Punch-Out with Mario as the referee and other veterans watching in the audience.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Insanity laughs, Under Pressure we're cracking.

I Want To Break Free from your lies, you're so self-satisfied, I don't need you.

She's a Killer Queen. Gun powder, gelatine. Dynamite with a laser beam. Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Open your eyes. Look up to the skies and see... Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me.

I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman!

Buddy, you're a boy. Make a big noise. Playin' in the street. Gonna be a big man some day!

Inside my heart is breaking. My makeup may be flaking, but my smile still stays on.
I may be in love with you right now,

D

Deleted member

ScatmansWorld25 said:
I'll use another argument Anti-Toadians use, he's generic. So, it's obvious that the Anti-Toadians can't make up there mind making their argument even more invalid, especially when there is A toad and there is The Toad. As The Toad and the species have 2 different names in Japan.
Wrong.
Species: Kinopio
"The" Toad: Kinopio

I used to think otherwise until I learned the truth. There being "The" Toad is an American-exclusive concept.

I'd quote my earlier post on this issue, but I can't seem to direct quote on this new computer.

So I'm just going to have to manually quote it:
myself said:
Actually, in Smash, the move is キノピオガード
Which is "Kinopio Guard".

So, that would imply that it is in fact THE Toad and not a generic one.

Or it would....if I didn't find out that "Kinopio" is what is used to refer to both "the" Toad and the Toad race in general.
http://legendsoflocalization.com/super-mario-bros/names/

The guy that ran this answered a few questions in regard to other Toads (such as Blue/Yellow).
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-colored-toads-in-new-super-mario-bros/
http://legendsoflocalization.com/qa-toad-is-trolling-us-all/

(Note, Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are "Ao Kinopio" and "Kiiro Kinopio" as opposed to "Ao/Kiiro Kino".)

This seems to imply that there really is no "the" Toad in Japan, and it's only an American-specific detail formed from outside media.
......that would explain a lot.

?????????????

Smash Master
Wait, wait, wait, wait...wait...

What if TOADSWORTH is the Toad that becomes playable?

In fact, I'm slightly surprised there isn't a support thread for Toadsworth. Unless I missed it? Couldn't find it. Found a "Young Toadsworth" one.

I mean, couldn't Toadsworth theoretically use any moveset ideas we could have come up with for Toad, PLUS whack people with his cane?

...I'm half joking about this in the face of other potential Mario newcomers, but it's an idea I wouldn't be against.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I think there was a thread about something like this that I saw a few months back.

Mario: Normal/Fire
Luigi: Normal/Electric
Dr. Mario: Normal
DK: Normal/Fighting
Diddy: Normal
Yoshi: Normal/Dragon
Wario: Normal/Dark (or poison type because farts)
Pit: Flying
Ice Climbers: Ice
Olimar and Pikmin: Fire/Electric/Water/Ground/Poison
Samus: Steel/Electric
Kirby: Normal/Flying (changes first type depending on what powers it has)
Meta Knight: Steel/Flying
King DeDeDe: Flying
Link/Young Link: Fighting
Zelda: Fairy/Psychic
Shiek: Dark/Flying (because of her acrobatic moves and such)
Toon Link: Fighting/Flying (there's no official Wind type, so Flying is the closest thing that fits the Hero of Winds)
Marth: Steel/Fighting
Roy: Fire/Fighting
Ike: Ground/Fighting
Fox: Dunno
Falco: Flying
Wolf: Dark
Captain Falcon: Fighting/Fire
Ganondorf: Fighting/Dark (or maybe part dragon type?)
Ness/Lucas: Psychic
Snake: Steel? Fighting?
Sonic: Dunno
R.O.B: Steel
Wii Fit Trainer: Dunno
Villager: Dunno
Mega Man: Steel/Various (secondary type changes with robot master powers)
Mr. Game & Watch: ??? (the type that was removed from Gen 5)

Edit: Oh wow, I completely forgot about Peach and Bowser.

-----
Wouldn't it make more sense for the FE trio's 2nd type to be Steel rather than fighting?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Little Mac's conversations with Doc > all (except maybe Kid Icarus dialogue)

I hope he tells people to sign up for Club Nintendo. Though that would be awesome to hear Doc talk about everybody. Especially if he trash talks some people.

If we do get some for Kid Icarus, Hades would be the most interesting to have show up. That dude is hilarious.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think there was a thread about something like this that I saw a few months back.

Toon Link: Fighting/Flying (there's no official Wind type, so Flying is the closest thing that fits the Hero of Winds)

-----
Ridley: Fire/Dragon

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

-----
Where is Pikachu?:awesome:
Also,this is smash,all the characters are part fighting XD

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hope he tells people to sign up for Club Nintendo. Though that would be awesome to hear Doc talk about everybody. Especially if he trash talks some people.

If we do get some for Kid Icarus, Hades would be the most interesting to have show up. That dude is hilarious.
What would be awesome is for Doc to make some Reggie jokes as well.

"Hope your body is ready, Mac!"

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Wouldn't it be so cool to have a cute little Baby Yoshi (not the ugly one from Super Mario World ) as our second Yoshi character? It'd represent the babies without using Mario. It'd be like a Pichu clone, but have it's own stronger advantages like exploding eggs and an egg roll that traps you like the pit fall item.

and best of all.....it'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (unlike the one from Super Mario World :sick:)

I'll go make a support thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/baby...he-one-from-paper-mario.342064/#post-15965906

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wouldn't it be so cool to have a cute little Baby Yoshi (not the ugly one from Super Mario World ) as our second Yoshi character? It'd represent the babies without using Mario. It'd be like a Pichu clone, but have it's own stronger advantages like exploding eggs and an egg roll that traps you like the pit fall item.

and best of all.....it'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (unlike the one from Super Mario World :sick:)

I'll go make a support thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/baby...he-one-from-paper-mario.342064/#post-15965906
I've never been a fan of baby characters. And, realistically, if any Yoshi character were to get in alongside Yoshi, it'd be Kamek or the Baby Bros.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

well I don't think that Yoshi should get any other character than Yoshi,
but, I'll actually be okay with this choice (only a bit)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've never been a fan of baby characters. And, realistically, if any Yoshi character were to get in alongside Yoshi, it'd be Kamek or the Baby Bros.
It's not supposed to be realistic. The character doesn't even exist. Have some fun for once.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know what we haven't talked about lately? Tetra.

Not Toon Zelda/Tetra, actual Tetra. Any chance? I'm surprised no one has made a Tetra thread yet.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You know what we haven't talked about lately? Tetra.
Not Toon Zelda/Tetra, actual Tetra. Any chance? I'm surprised no one has made a Tetra thread yet.
Why does Tetra deserve a spot? Wouldn't Vaati be more warranted? Not saying we have any 5th Zelda characters that warrant playable status.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's not supposed to be realistic. The character doesn't even exist. Have some fun for once.

I can have fun in my own time.

And I don't think Vaati is all that important. I mean, yes, he's certainly the second-most important villain in Zelda, but he hasn't been too relevant to the Toon games in a while, it's mainly now been one-off villains and sidekicks, Toon Link, and either Tetra or Toon Zelda. (Sorry, Scatman, just my opinion...)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Being important to Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap? As the main villain? I think that would count.
The thing is is that I feel Tetra is more warranted, as she has been more consistent since her debut. Unlike Vaati, who appeared in the early Toon games and never returned.

?????????????

Smash Master
Care to explain why?
Sure.

I think Tetra offers enough new material as newcomers such as Tingle or Vaati. Tingle or Vaati have more laid out for them, and perhaps more "potential," but I think Tetra can offer enough as a newcomer.

I think Tetra is much more prominent of a character than Vaati is. She's introduced as a..."partnerish" character, a secondary character, to Link in Wind Waker, and retains that kind of relationship with Link through that timeline (referenced in Spirit Tracks, but still...).

I think that kind of character, a partner, is more likely than a villain in general (Luigi added before Bowser, Diddy added before K. Rool, etc.). Even then, while Vaati is a recurring character, Ganondorf is still the main villain of the Zelda series.

Another personal thing... Tetra stands out way more to ME because she has appeared in 3D titles. I know that's a VERY trivial thing, but it's definitely a reason she looks more prominent to me.

Honestly, I think Tetra has the best shot out of any Zelda newcomer.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
yes, he's certainly the second-most important villain in Zelda, but he hasn't been too relevant to the Toon games in a while
So?

it's mainly now been one-off villains and sidekicks, Toon Link, and either Tetra or Toon Zelda.
...what? what's been one off villains and side kicks? The smash reps? was Ganondorf a one off villain. Is Toon Link the side kick or the one off villian? If one or the other, then is Toon Zelda the other?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't know about Tingle. He certainly has seniority over most contenders, and definitely makes a bigger, er, impact. But I don't know.

I made this really long article about Impa, Tingle, and Toon Zelda and/or Tetra. I'm gonna find it.
Let me get this straight, I don't think any Zelda newcomer will happen. But Tingle is arguably more important and factually more reoccurring than Tetra AND Vaati.
Plus he's got a spin-off series.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I think we're gonna get a Masked Man reveal tomorrow, it being The 5th of November and all.

Oh! That's right, Sakurai's not British.

Remember, remember the Fifth of November, the day we saw Toon Link making bug eyes at Pit's man-skirt.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Tetra offers enough new material as newcomers such as Tingle or Vaati. Tingle or Vaati have more laid out for them, and perhaps more "potential," but I think Tetra can offer enough as a newcomer.
I disagree, I think Vaati brings more.

I think Tetra is much more prominent of a character than Vaati is. She's introduced as a..."partnerish" character, a secondary character, to Link in Wind Waker, and retains that kind of relationship with Link through that timeline (referenced in Spirit Tracks, but still...).
Vaati was the major villian of three popular Zelda games. One of Link's sworn enemies.

I think that kind of character, a partner, is more likely than a villain in general (Luigi added before Bowser, Diddy added before K. Rool, etc.). Even then, while Vaati is a recurring character, Ganondorf is still the main villain of the Zelda series.
Well, sorry to say, but Tetra isn't really Link's main partner throughout the series. In fact partner isn't really the best way to describe her. She was more of a friend who helped him through a small portion of the game, before staying back to let him finish off Ganondorf. Then she gets kidnapped by Ganondorf and then by the ghost pirates in Phantom Hourglass. She's no wear near the importance of side kicks like Luigi, Diddy Kong, Tails, etc.

Honestly, I think Tetra has the best shot out of any Zelda newcomer.
I don't. Not to say any do, but sure as hell not Tetra.

I made this really long article about Impa
Save your breath!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd like to say something about the Zelda series and its representation in the game (Warning: it's long):

First of all, there is a supremely good chance we might just see the four slots we had last time: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. So if I were you I would just prepare to see them in. I mean, we have all we really need: the hero and his popular counterpart, the villain, and the damsel the games are named after. We really don't need anyone else other than those four, as they rep Zelda just fine. But Zelda is full of important characters to the game, so there's always room for one.

For newcomers, there are only three that come to mind: Tingle, Impa, and Toon Zelda (with an add on of Toon Sheik, an add on of Tetra, or Tetra herself). Impa solely depends on whether or not Sheik comes back, IMO. She could be in with Sheik, but it'd be pretty redundant, and she should only be in as her own character. For characters like Samus, Zelda, or the Pokemon Trainer, they all have parts of their movesets switching into different characters. But these characters make sense to be part of their moveset: Samus is still Samus, just without her armor, Sheik is Zelda's counterpart, so she's still Zelda, and the Pokemon Trainer (that is the name of the slot) has three popular Pokemon that make him the ultimate trainer. They are all one. If Impa was part of Zelda, it wouldn't feel very right. I mean, Zelda is NOT Impa, Impa is NOT Zelda. They are separate from each other. So, if Sheik gets in, I doubt Impa's appearance.

Tingle. He's certainly well-known, but he's hated. But he's not out of the picture. He's a prominent Zelda character, especially in WW, which just had an HD remake, and not only that but he's the one of the most recurring characters in the game, outside the main Triforce bearers. Not only that, but he had spinoffs of the games, into his own separate franchise, if you will. Granted, they weren't really all that important or popular, but he's certainly gone farther than any other side character. But what makes him so unlikely? Well, many people, like myself, think that the supreme Western hatred for him will keep him out of the game. And I can totally agree and understand that to a certain extent. Pichu was a hated character that was immediately taken out come the next game. Okay, maybe it shouldn't be at this high an extent, but you get what I'm saying. People are pissy. And another thing. Unlike the characters above and below him on this essay, he's not as important to the franchise. Impa is a major character in the recent Zelda game, and Toon Zelda/Tetra have been consistent in the Toon games. But remember, this is Sakurai's game. He can simply add Tingle if he wants. So, I say Tingle is the 2nd most likely Zelda newcomer.

Finally, we have Toon Zelda. I think she has a good chance of getting in. She was planned for Brawl, even with only having one appearance as Toon Zelda in WW. Since then, she was in Spirit Tracks and WWHD now. So, she has a better chance than most people want to believe. She was pretty much in the same boat as Toon Link in Brawl, but out-prioritized by him and other characters. So she may end up in this game.

The question people have with her is who she will be with. Will she be by herself? Will she be with Tetra? Could there be a possibility that Tetra could be by herself? Is it in any way possible they're designing a Toon Sheik? Well, sure. All of these choices are reasonable for her. She is important enough to stay by herself, as is Tetra. Tetra was in WW, WWHD, and Phantom Hourglass, the same amount as Toon Zelda, but IMO had a bigger role in the WW games. So she could end up being alone. And there certainly is a possibility that there may be a Toon Sheik. If Sakurai wants to make a direct "Toonish" clone of Zelda, then Toon Sheik may be in their as well.

However, Toon Zelda and Tetra are both the same person, so it could make sense for them to be in together with a Down B or Final Smash transformation, like what Zelda and Samus have, respectively. Both Toon Zelda and Tetra were prominent in their roles in WW and both PH and ST. So I think they could end up merging the two, perhaps giving Toon Zelda a semi-clone moveset, and giving Tetra a moveset that, while similar to Sheik's, would be different and unique enough to make it feel different. I think this character, whatever the combination, is the most likely Zelda newcomer.

Whew. That took a while. If you want to see it, please do, I have some opinions I'd like to share with you all.
Found it. My feelings are generally unchanged.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know how they make special artwork for each individual newcomer? Well, does anyone have any artwork ideas for potential newcomers? For Little Mac's I can see him fighting Donkey Kong on the boxing ring in the style of Punch-Out with Mario as the referee and other veterans watching in the audience.
...could it be? A topic we haven't ever discussed in here to my knowledge??

That Little Mac idea is perfect. K. Rool could work in a number of unique artworks (probably on Gangplank Galleon), but I can't fathom any Ridley artwork that isn't him and Samus locked in a climactic battle, like a still screenshot of his Melee intro cutscene.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
...what? what's been one off villains and side kicks? The smash reps? was Ganondorf a one off villain. Is Toon Link the side kick or the one off villian? If one or the other, then is Toon Zelda the other?
I meant that, in the Toon series, there haven't been many consistent characters since their debut except Toon Link and Toon Zelda/Tetra. That, and all of what Pizza said, is why I view them more warranted.

?????????????

Smash Master
I disagree, I think Vaati brings more. Vaati was the major villian of three popular Zelda games. One of Link's sworn enemies. Well, sorry to say, but Tetra isn't really Link's main partner throughout the series. In fact partner isn't really the best way to describe her. She was more of a friend who helped him through a small portion of the game, before staying back to let him finish off Ganondorf. Then she gets kidnapped by Ganondorf and then by the ghost pirates in Phantom Hourglass. She's no wear near the importance of side kicks like Luigi, Diddy Kong, Tails, etc. I don't. Not to say any do, but sure as hell not Tetra.
That's all fair.

I still think Tetra stands out more...and she would be my favorite potential Zelda newcomer.

I wouldn't put Vaati that high on the radar though. He might be above Ghirahim, Zant, Onox, Veran, Malladas, etc... but he's nowhere near Ganondorf's level.

I think Tetra can match Zelda as Toon Link to Link, but with her own moveset. I don't think Vaati can match Ganondorf in the same way.

That's arguable though, and fair to argue against.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
And I don't think Vaati is all that important. I mean, yes, he's certainly the second-most important villain in Zelda, but he hasn't been too relevant to the Toon games in a while, it's mainly now been one-off villains and sidekicks, Toon Link, and either Tetra or Toon Zelda. (Sorry, Scatman, just my opinion...)
No hard feelings, it's just a game after all.
Being important to Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap? As the main villain? I think that would count.
Never said it doesn't.
Save your breath!
What do you have against Impa?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
...could it be? A topic we haven't ever discussed in here to my knowledge??

That Little Mac idea is perfect. K. Rool could work in a number of unique artworks (probably on Gangplank Galleon), but I can't fathom any Ridley artwork that isn't him and Samus locked in a climactic battle, like a still screenshot of his Melee intro cutscene.
If Palutena gets in, she needs a banner above her that says "SUPER BASH SISTERS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom