• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
You mean the three least successful games in the series?
What about Skyward Sword? :troll:

(and being low sales doesn't mean you aren't a popular memorable Zelda game.
\
What do you have against Impa?
Impa is cool, I just have a problem with people's Impa propaganda. She's not happening. I've actually never been a victim of Diddy's Impa propoganda. I hope I don't ever have to be.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa is cool, I just have a problem with people's Impa propaganda. She's not happening. I've actually never been a victim of Diddy's Impa propoganda. I hope I don't ever have to be.
The only person who does such propaganda is Diddy. The other people's support has got nothing on what Diddy Kong has done before.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
...could it be? A topic we haven't ever discussed in here to my knowledge??

That Little Mac idea is perfect. K. Rool could work in a number of unique artworks (probably on Gangplank Galleon), but I can't fathom any Ridley artwork that isn't him and Samus locked in a climactic battle, like a still screenshot of his Melee intro cutscene.
Thanks, I see you guys always saying that you want to talk about something different, so I decided to through this idea in, since I've also never seen you guys talk about it before.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
WW is my second favorite. Nothing can top the sheer brilliance and genius that is the morbid and creative Majora's Mask. (And I love Spirit Tracks because of the cute love relationship of Link & Zelda :love:)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be so cool to have a cute little Baby Yoshi (not the ugly one from Super Mario World ) as our second Yoshi character? It'd represent the babies without using Mario. It'd be like a Pichu clone, but have it's own stronger advantages like exploding eggs and an egg roll that traps you like the pit fall item.

and best of all.....it'd be SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (unlike the one from Super Mario World :sick:)

I'll go make a support thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/baby...he-one-from-paper-mario.342064/#post-15965906
You sir just blew my mind.

?????????????

Smash Master
okay then back on topic
out of the three blond swordsman trio
(Shulk, Isaac, and Saki)
how would you rate their chances in order
Shulk, Isaac, Saki.

Shulk and Isaac are REEEAAALLY close, I've had the debate both on here and on YouTube. It's not clear-cut thing. I think both are great, would be great in SSB, and have their merits, but I think Shulk has a better opportunity at this time.

Saki's cool and all too, but...I think he's definitely lower than Shulk and Isaac.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No, Skyward Sword got near perfect ratings.
We're talking about Zelda fans and what's more memorable and popular to them as a fanbase. Not what games sold more and got better ratings. But, if Skyward Sword got better ratings then Four Swords Adventures somethings definitely ****ed up here. That game was tedious and just plain awful.

?????????????

Smash Master
We're talking about Zelda fans and what's more memorable and popular to them as a fanbase. Not what games sold more and got better ratings. But, if Skyward Sword got better ratings then Four Swords Adventures somethings definitely ****ed up here.
Well...I liked Skyward Sword more. I liked it enough to beat it, 100% it, and then beat it again in challenge mode. And it most definitely got better ratings. For ****s sake, even IGN gave it a perfect score.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well...I liked Skyward Sword more. And it most definitely got better ratings. For ****s sake, even IGN gave it a perfect score.
IGN gave a perfect score to a Zelda game!?!?!? This is ****ed up! Although IGN is known for giving scores to games like the likes of that particular Zelda installment.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
okay then back on topic
(Shulk, Isaac, and Saki)
While my personal bias is telling me to say Isaac then Shulk. I'm gonna have to say Shulk, Isaac, then Saki. Shulk is in one of the best positions of any newcomer right now, and I'd say that he's easily at the top, even though I'd prefer Isaac. But poor Saki I don't think stands much of a chance compared to the two of them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
okay then back on topic
(Shulk, Isaac, and Saki)

Isaac, Shulk and then Saki. Personal bias for Isaac support aside, I think that Shulk and Isaac each have a decent chance of being added to Smash at some point. Both also seem to be popular enough too. But I give Isaac a slight edge since he's had multiple games where he's been given an important role. Saki...eh. I dunno if he really clicks with many people.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are my favorite Zeldas.

And there is no way Four Swords Adventures was more successful than Skyward Sword.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually, I'm pretty sure Four Swords is WAY more popular than Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. (maybe even Skyward Sword)
How do you rate popularity besides sales or blatent polls? It's kind of hard to get popularity down right, and between these three ******* I don't think it matters much anyhow. I wouldn'y say Four Swords is more popular than Skyward Sword either. Heck, I wouldn't say with much confidence it's more popular than ST or PH.

No, Skyward Sword got near perfect ratings.
And then we go into this, what is popularity? How is it measured? I mean, we know it when we see it, but besides a blatent popularity poll, how do we measure it?

Although I guess none of this super matters because the games in question all are mainly about three characters who are garunteed playability status.

?????????????

Smash Master
And then we go into this, what is popularity? How is it measured? I mean, we know it when we see it, but besides a blatent popularity poll, how do we measure it?
I dunno man. But I do know that Skyward Sword got at least a 9/10 from most major game reviewers. I'd say that's a milestone to popularity.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Metacritic for Four Swords Adventures...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/the-legend-of-zelda-four-swords-adventures

Metacritic for Skyward Sword...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword

Both games are great, but...

FSA pales in comparison to Skyward Sword...

Then again, this doesn't matter in the slightest.

Why are we arguing about this?

About that cool artwork topic...

Think up artwork for...

Mii....
Little Mac....
Pac-Man....
Ridley...
King K.Rool
Palutena...
Isaac...
Shulk...
Dixie Kong...
Toad...
Bowser Jr...
Waluigi...
Paper Mario...
Toon Zelda / Tetra...
Bandana Dee...
Chrom...
Takamaru.....
And Mewtwo and Roy....

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Would Zelda II be considered unpopular? A lot of people seem to hate that game, but there are a number of people (including me) who love it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's your opinion, i think all the contrary.
I was going by popular opinion.

Personally I think FSA multiplayer trumps all.

Single player is terrible though.

Skyward Sword is just a good game all around.

My opinion anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom