• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Charizard X has TOUGH CLAWS. I don't see why drought is that much better.
I prefer it, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, why are we getting into a fight between Charizard's Mega Evolutions? I mean, don't we have BETTER things to fight about? :p

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
And then they nerfed drought...
Not just drought, but every weather ability.

Boost fire type moves like sunny day I believe.
Yeah. It causes the day to become sunny when the Pokémon enters the battle.

I prefer it, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, why are we getting into a fight between Charizard's Mega Evolutions? I mean, don't we have BETTER things to fight about? :p
I don't think we have any better thing honestly.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, Charizard X is cool and all, but Charizard Y has DROUGHT.
Wan't weather nerfed thid gen from infinite to five turns, I'm glad it was nerfed it allows more competitive play to pokemon that didn't get benefits from weather.
Also 900th post *******!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Essentially if Zoroark is confirmed, people will be going into war into which Pokemon stays, Having all currently with brawl or cut a Pokemon to bring back the highly demanded Mewtwo.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What's with all the charizard is overrated talk? He deserves every little bit of love that he gets.
It can get as popular as it wants, but it's the people that refuse to accept the fact that it's a below-mediocre pokemon overall ever since Gen 4 that seems to be the problem. Not to mention I find it somewhat humorous that Charizard finally got his Dragon typing...in a gen where Dragons are nerfed to high-hell by the inclusion of fairies and their immunity to the once oh-so-powerful type, especially since Fairy types, for the most part, either hit hard or take alot of hits, making the frail Charizard a sitting duck. Sure the Fire type makes the fairies halved in overall damage dealing, but all of Charizard's prime moves are either held back by the bulkiness of some fairies (namely Florges) or just completely rendered useless.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Essentially if Zoroark is confirmed, people will be going into war into which Pokemon stays, Having all currently with brawl or cut a Pokemon to bring back the highly demanded Mewtwo.

Not exactly, the argument won't include Jigglypuff or Red's Pokemon. I feel it will mostly be Mewtwo fans, Lucario fans, and Zoroark fans going into some kind of keyboard war.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
If a gen 6 pokemon should be in smash for whatever reason, (other than mewtwo) it should be this guy.

@tepig, if he's that Important why was he a pokeball for so long? he isn't likely.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think that having Lucario, Zoroark, and Mewtwo is overkill.
But it would be over the top awesome!

How are you so sure? I mean, six Pokemon slots doesn't seem all that Farfetch'd.
6 Pokemon characters is overkill. Someone is going to get cut or Mewtwo not happening if Zoroark is confirmed.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
If a gen 6 pokemon should be in smash for whatever reason, (other than mewtwo) it should be this guy.

@tepig, if he's that Important why was he a pokeball for so long? he isn't likely.
Well he tends to be a plot element thing. Like, you can't beat Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen/X/Y without battling a Snorlax. And Red, the main character of the series, has one in both the games and manga. And Ash, the counterpart to Red, has one too.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
:charizard:
Even though Snorlax has no chance of making it in.
The only reason charizard got in was because of PKMN trainer, I don't see another pkmn trainer whipping out a snorlax, and certainly snorlax isn't going to be a standalone character over, lucario, jigglypuff, mewtwo etc. we'll get 5 pokemon characters at best. Plus meowth>snorlax.

?????????????

Smash Master
Theoretically speaking...

I would not complain one bit if Mewtwo, Lucario, AND Zoroark were all playable. That'd be ****ing sweet.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I was aware of Lucario before Brawl, and his inclusion made perfect sense to me.

I probably still would not know what Zoroark was without finding support for him in these forums. Plus with another whole generation coming out since his introduction, not to mention one with heavy Gen 1 throwbacks, it has a lot to fight back through.

It's a cool character, and I'd welcome it, but I feel like it's missed the short bus.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The main appeal of Zoroark (and Zorua to an extent since I think it's more popular than Zoroark) is that I've always loved the idea of a playable Dark type.

My pipe dream would have been a playable Weavile alongside Lucario as a "Gen IV" Pokemon Trainer, or preferably a Mystery Dungeon team deal.

?????????????

Smash Master
So I'll rephrase the question:
How would you feel if these were the only Pokemon characters:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
I would be down with that.

I don't think Pokemon Trainer will be cut, but if this question following that hypothetical outcome...

I wouldn't miss the Pokemon Trainer. I'd be down with this line-up.

Course, I'd also be down with Pokemon Trainer or Meowth. I'm pretty open to different Pokemon options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom