• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So I'll rephrase the question:
How would you feel if these were the only Pokemon characters:
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Lucario
5. Zoroark
Replace zoroark with pkmn trainer and its perfect for this installment.

Course i'm fine with whatever pokemon chosen either way, but i feel that zoroark is low priority, just like genesect.

Gune

Smash Lord
It can get as popular as it wants, but it's the people that refuse to accept the fact that it's a below-mediocre pokemon overall ever since Gen 4 that seems to be the problem. Not to mention I find it somewhat humorous that Charizard finally got his Dragon typing...in a gen where Dragons are nerfed to high-hell by the inclusion of fairies and their immunity to the once oh-so-powerful type, especially since Fairy types, for the most part, either hit hard or take alot of hits, making the frail Charizard a sitting duck. Sure the Fire type makes the fairies halved in overall damage dealing, but all of Charizard's prime moves are either held back by the bulkiness of some fairies (namely Florges) or just completely rendered useless.
See here's the thing when you have a favorite pokemon you don't look at there faults and attributes and let that determine how much love they should/shouldn't get you just ****ing love that pokemon like you with Mewtwo or me with Lucario, this is the main reason I hate the word overrated, no pokemon is overrated there are just people who can't understand why certain people love that pokemon more than the pokemon they like.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OH MY FREAKING GOD!

CELEBRATE!
[collapse="APC99's Party Boat of Win!"]
[/collapse]

1,000 posts, guys!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't expect anyone new to be added from Gens 1 through 4, other than maybe a new type of human character. Hawlucha is awesome! Other factors in Hawlucha's favor: he's the 701st pokemon, for some reason.

Pangoro is another choice from Gen 6.

Morbi

Scavenger
put red back in:pt:
then I'll be happy
He isn't "Red", he is Pokemon trainer. An interpretation of all players, the universal symbol of the Pokemon franchise!

Haha, that is what someone told me when I first joined. It is accurate to some degree, it just sounds like BS to justify his inclusion if you ask me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Theoretically speaking...

I would not complain one bit if Mewtwo, Lucario, AND Zoroark were all playable. That'd be ****ing sweet.
Yes, everyone loves the movie Pokemon that look like foxes.

Uh-oh.
Morbid's back.
Prepare to be liked by the Jigglypuff.
You know you like it.

See here's the thing when you have a favorite pokemon you don't look at there faults and attributes and let that determine how much love they should/shouldn't get you just ****ing love that pokemon like you with Mewtwo or me with Lucario, this is the main reason I hate the word overrated, no pokemon is overrated there are just people who can't understand why certain people love that pokemon more than the pokemon they like.
That is how I feel about Gengar and Gyarados... and to an extent Alakazam. I liked them way before I knew what competitive Pokemon was. When I was little, my mother painted a Gengar right by my bedside, it was kind of creepy. Haha.

8806th post!
Congratulations. Quite the landmark there! Clearly a cause for celebration. I am waiting for post 3764 personally.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
He isn't "Red", he is Pokemon trainer. An interpretation of all players, the universal symbol of the Pokemon franchise!

Haha, that is what someone told me when I first joined. It is accurate to some degree, it just sounds like BS to justify his inclusion if you ask me.
ya though true he is called pokemon trainer, though he is univeraly accepted as red (and as ash to those who aren't nintendo fans, trust i heard people call him that more than once "shiver")
and that is also BS for his inclusion, his purpose is to show the pokemon battle system in the pokemon games, using one guy at a time to battle your opponents, and to swich your guys when you need to. he. is also there to show off the avatar side of pokemon, and what better way to do that then to use the most famous trainer of all time:laugh:
also on a side note, glad to see you came back to old boards morbid, there's a lot of posts that need liking:laugh:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's a question.

Who in your opinion would spark the most outrage from Smash fans if they are cut from the game? Now this is a question in regards to Ike, Falco, Wolf, etc... Don't say a character like Mario or a character we pretty much know is going to be in.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I do, but not as much as your lovely curves or the way you give me blowjo...
Oops, better not say more. There might be kids on this thread! XD
looks at profile.... 14 yr old calling other people kids lol. :laugh:

@ Jones, your home slice :snake: :troll:

I would think it would be marth getting cut for lucina.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Here's a question.

Who in your opinion would spark the most outrage from Smash fans if they are cut from the game? Now this is a question in regards to Ike, Falco, Wolf, etc... Don't say a character like Mario or a character we pretty much know is going to be in.

For someone like MorbidAltruism it would probably Jigglypuff. Personally I think cutting Captain Falcon would procure the most amount of rage in general.

Morbi

Scavenger
ya though true he is called pokemon trainer, though he is univeraly accepted as red (and as ash to those who aren't nintendo fans, trust i heard people call him that more than once "shiver")
and that is also BS for his inclusion, his purpose is to show the pokemon battle system in the pokemon games, using one guy at a time to battle your opponents, and to swich your guys when you need to. he. is also there to show off the avatar side of pokemon, and what better way to do that then to use the most famous trainer of all time:laugh:
also on a side note, glad to see you came back to old boards morbid, there's a lot of posts that need liking:laugh:
I am not going to lie, I was busy playing Battlefield 4, man that game is horrible. Nevertheless, I played it for the entire week-end. I will probably be gone all week too! CoD Ghosts on MONDAY!

I do, but not as much as your lovely curves or the way you give me blowjo...
Oops, better not say more. There might be kids on this thread! XD
How are the kids made? They can handle it! Or maybe even join us! :awesome: :pimp:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's a question.

Probably Lucario and Ike (but mostly Lucario), as they are the most played Brawl newcomers. (I think)

?????????????

Smash Master
Here's a question.

Y'know? I've actually seen enough websites that ponder if Diddy will return, or advocate for him being cut outright. The hell?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's a question.

Snake, because his moveset is not only highly original, but highly competent and popular as well. Jigglypuff is in contention as well, although more due to her longevity in the series than her popularity. If a semi-clone is cut, it'll be justified as trimming the fat for whatever reason.

Y'know? I've actually seen enough websites that ponder if Diddy will return, or advocate for him being cut outright. The hell?
Is it people actually questioning whether he'd return, or just passive-aggressively saying "they wouldn't mind if he were cut" because he's a "stupid character" or whatever the same people said pre-Brawl?

Morbi

Scavenger
For someone like MorbidAltruism it would probably Jigglypuff. Personally I think cutting Captain Falcon would procure the most amount of rage in general.
No, I would be the most outraged if Captain Jigglypuff got cut. Falcon PUFFF! You were pretty close though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Snake, because his moveset is not only highly original, but highly competent and popular as well. Jigglypuff is in contention as well, although more due to her longevity in the series than her popularity. If a semi-clone is cut, it'll be justified as trimming the fat for whatever reason.

Is it people actually questioning whether he'd return, or just passive-aggressively saying "they wouldn't mind if he were cut" because he's a "stupid character" or whatever the same people said pre-Brawl?
Maybe it is people speculating that ******-Diddy (Dixie Kong) will replace Diddy Kong?

Edit: Holy ****. Now I know what Diddy's Costume is going to be! K. Rool for SMASH!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Here's a question.

Ice Climbers? I love them science Melee and I think a lot of people like the dynamic of a tag team duo. Is so much fun putting four Ice Climbers, with assist trophies and pokeballs on high to see the mayhem that is the screen XD.
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Maybe it is people speculating that ******-Diddy (Dixie Kong) will replace Diddy Kong?
I remember watching one half-hour YouTube prediction video where Dixie replacing Diddy was brought up as a possibility by one of the three hosts. One of the other two hosts then proceeded to say, in the most deadpan voice possible, "...uh, that's never going to happen." The video wasn't even that great nor were the hosts particularly coherent, but that stuck out at me as particularly funny. Even they knew how stupid an idea that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom